Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme (48086 Views)

FEC Approves The Scrapping Of HND Certificate / ASUU Rejects FG's Scrapping Of Post-UTME (See Why) / ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by dapsondou(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
ejomsuccess:

one thing u people don't get is "scrapping jamb is worse than scrapping post utme", if jamb is scrap it means a particular person can write in two schools, most students will want to write in many schools, thereby increasing the population of people applying to a particular school. I won't be surprise if a school like unilorin get upto 500,000+ aspirant will apply to write their post utme. This will totally increase the amount of people that will screen out & admission processes will be disorganize as people will get multiple admission why some won't get any especially those who can only afford one post utme. In my opinion, it is better like this, just that Jamb were disorganized this year & those who face a lot of casualties in their exam won't be given any chance to prove themselves

There should be a body to control the multiple admission thing. Once you gain admission in one, the rest should be cancelled automatically to give others a chance.
Read it in the news late last year of a young Nigerian that gained admission in 16 universities in USA. I guess they're using this same method.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by dapsondou(m): 11:10pm On Jun 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Travelling twice is a problem. Why would you travel to write your utme. And travel again for post utme. What is the difference

You don't have to travel to write UTME. You write that in the state you bought the form unless it's a late purchase.
Its only the post UTME that requires travelling for it if it's in another state
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by rexsid(m): 11:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
scrapping of p.utme for me isnt a gud idea..... becos extortion of students by universities will be on the high side.....nd ofcourse schools will nw increase dia cut-off marks.... since jambite(most of dem though) are making 200 nd above tanx to cbt....lastly, i dont see jambite getting admission into his/her 2nd choice university..... almost all schools will refuse 2nd choice options......
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by ibolomo(m): 12:05am On Jun 04, 2016
NigerianScholar:

You might be right, but It would be done on a much larger scale
well, I'll rather stay at home for a year and go for different training programs to expand my horizon than waste 4 years of my life in a nameless mushroom university whose knowledge and certificate would be taken with a pinch of salt in the corporate market.
People wey go Unilag and OAU never get job, na you wey go one shadamagotushikaki advanced college of art, law and social sciences, sambisa forest dem go give job.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 04, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Read my post well, I said they would reshuffle the candidates. Check the pic below
reshuffle in what way? So u mean anyone can be shuffled to covenant or Babcock or some state University they can't afford
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 04, 2016
dapsondou:

You don't have to travel to write UTME. You write that in the state you bought the form unless it's a late purchase.
traveling for post ume shouldn't be an issue if u plan to spend the next 4 years at that particular school
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by doskie(m): 12:38am On Jun 04, 2016
NigerianScholar:
I am strongly in support of this...i know most of you arent. But to make this post simple to understand i'll number all my points
1. The scrapping of the post utme favours those that scored high marks in jamb and dosent favoured those that had technical problems
2. This would strongly reduce the 'egunje' in many universities. Meaning buying admission. As the scores that will be used to produce your cut off will come from your utme
3. It will save students a lot of stress for travelling all the way to a place just to write another exam and prevent extortion of money from parents by the university (******* university charge 6500 for their p utme)
4. There are many concerns about most people not gaining admission into their preferred institutions. Yes, this may be bad. But it would be a good thing in the long run. As it would let the enrollment into all institutions balanced. Everyone wants to go to unilag. Ui. Oau or whatsoever.....they should encourage people to try other universities
5. It doesnt make sense to write 2 exams for the same purpose. And if the university organises its exams. Like I said before....there would be ojoro
6. Jamb is going to shuffle canditates across different tertiary institutions

Give your views below. I actually dont see any reason why this is a welcome idea

i won't lie post ume was favourable to me. I was the second set of post umite in uniben. I read electrical wit a jamb score of 212. Before electrical cut off was 270 ,280. Uniben is open to anybody. No tribalism. Just pass and go in.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by doskie(m): 12:41am On Jun 04, 2016
NigerianScholar:

P utme. Is a waste of money. Jamb will scatter everybody. To fill up free slots in other universities. This will ensure thar the maximum number of people will gain admission
okkk like unimaiduguri or uibornu.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Eljefe(m): 12:54am On Jun 04, 2016
dapsondou:

There should be a body to control the multiple admission thing. Once you gain admission in one, the rest should be cancelled automatically to give others a chance.
Read it in the news late last year of a young Nigerian that gained admission in 16 universities in USA. I guess they're using this same method.
My point exactly....

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by geo4c: 1:31am On Jun 04, 2016
hmmmmmmmm... in every decision, deir z advantages and disadvantages... lyk wat oda ppl have said/posted let me start with my opinion on the disadvantage

DISADVANTAGES

* it seems to favour those dat scored high in deir utme i. e those with 270-300.. no way a school will peg its cutoff on 280 and above

* posting those dat have great desire for federal/state University to polytechnic even to collage of education. at the endrun the candidate won't accept and hav to sit for anoda utme

* dere will b high rate of fraud during admission.. as some ppl will go on any length to buy admission no mata the amount thereby depriving others

ADVANTAGES

* it z assurrd dat more candidate will b offered admission esp those with 180 upwards

* some dat scored high buh weren't giving admission in deir preferred Institute, dont have to feel bad, as admission will b granted in anoda Institute

* some ppl/candidates have written post jamb more dan half a dozen times.. its high time they hav an option to go to oda Institute

* if not all but some Universities hav 80% fake admitted students and many dat got in through postutme mah-practices

* the demand for post utme fee z much.. and many Universities use it as a means to generate funds...... odas still demand fee for supplementary admission and won't offer candidate admission

in my own opinion i think FG weren't bad in deir opinion to stop scls for conducting post utme.. but they still hav to discuss the issue with ASUU nd oda bodies in education before putting stamp to it

my regards to APC (PMB)
#CHANGE
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by geo4c: 1:55am On Jun 04, 2016
lekelistik:
If jamb now offers admission directly what happens to those who used awaiting result?

if they are admitted and afterwards deir result didn't go well... deir admission will b terminated by the sch
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by orikz(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2016
ejomsuccess:

one thing u people don't get is "scrapping jamb is worse than scrapping post utme", if jamb is scrap it means a particular person can write in two schools, most students will want to write in many schools, thereby increasing the population of people applying to a particular school. I won't be surprise if a school like unilorin get upto 500,000+ aspirant will apply to write their post utme. This will totally increase the amount of people that will screen out & admission processes will be disorganize as people will get multiple admission why some won't get any especially those who can only afford one post utme. In my opinion, it is better like this, just that Jamb were disorganized this year & those who face a lot of casualties in their exam won't be given any chance to prove themselves

GOD bless your thinking!!! best post on this trend since
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by bennycash: 7:05am On Jun 04, 2016
What of dose that did not see there scores [b][/b]
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 7:39am On Jun 04, 2016
flamyd:
reshuffle in what way? So u mean anyone can be shuffled to covenant or Babcock or some state University they can't afford
You will have about 2 or 3 choices
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 7:41am On Jun 04, 2016
dapsondou:

Some people wrote jamb in a faraway state. Ask around. Nd its not a late purchase
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 7:41am On Jun 04, 2016
Eljefe:

and the post ume problems cannot be addressed??..it has to be scrapped instead
Jamb has more experience.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 7:42am On Jun 04, 2016
Eljefe:

and if its a uni i dont like, or one that is too far
U will have 2 or 3 choices
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by andyjagga: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2016
NigerianScholar:

U will have 2 or 3 choices
THE CAPTION FG SCRAPS PUTME Z OUT OF PLACE...1st considering d legal invective...it z an opinion of d minister & not a final note nor bindn law hence it z subject 2 nullification.
2ndly for all those clamouring for d putme removal wit reasons of confidence in jamb & high cost of forms u r all telln lies 2 urselves.How?...d jamb u claim u trust has bin specially dis yr fild wit irregularities, poor exam conduct,different scores for candidates,protests in states esp Lagos & yet u tell me u trust jamb.From all indicatn d dishonourable minister haz eatn something prior 2 his comments as d conference yesterday was a child's play he came to play d tune of wat he was influenced 2 say...truth z u scrap putme coz u say jamb z credible z a lucid fallacy cos jamb for now z a partial mess of an exam...hv u asked hw d admission procedure will be witowt putme...10k apply for unilag & 8k gt above 180 so u push all of dem in at a time wen d schools carryn capacity cannot accommodate them...d putme curtails dis & reduces d burden...rather dan scrapn a new policy & admission monitoring system should be developed
Also on d argument 2 scrap putme coz of high cost of forms...I say 2 d agitators...u r being penny wise& 2 pounds foolish coz if d schools don't gt d putme money again they seek oda indirect means...for example increase in acceptance fees to abt 25- 30 k wsh still backfires on d d students u claim u r protectn from extortion.
To dis end I propose a test & vote of confidence & proper monitoring by d ministry on jamb & d tertiary institutions to make case for transparency, ease & credibility...It all abt #commonsense & a better Nigeria... No victimization both d tertiary institutions & jamb hv got scores 2 settle & skeletons in their cupboards... Mr Minister don't gt as clueless as he who appointed u...I rest my case
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Bonelesschicken(f): 9:00am On Jun 04, 2016
how about those wanting to gain admission thru direct entry?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 04, 2016
Pls, any graduate of UI or probably anyone in the house who can give me a few hints on how oral screening is usually conducted. And shuld I be expecting questions 4rm my Jamb combo, or general questions?. Thanks nd God bless
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 04, 2016
Hi guys, do not forget to visit raymondsinfo.com
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by ejomsuccess(m): 11:02am On Jun 04, 2016
dapsondou:

Your opinion is a good one but the fact is universities in Nigeria can't conduct exam for a large number of candidate, Jamb help to reduce the number. Universities will also have to upgrade their system, last year uniuyo conducted exam for people at midnight, unizik usually set only 20questions in which like 7questions won't have the right answer. The only school that usually set a quality post utme is OAU, almost all the rest are trash
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2016
IamLukas:
Then why all the attacks?
I cant remember quoting U.
Congrats on a new word U just learnttongue
fool. Jamb customer. Heard they will scrap postutme which is his Achille's heel and he had to jump for joy.
Illiterate from the south east
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2016
Victurh:
Pls, any graduate of UI or probably anyone in the house who can give me a few hints on how oral screening is usually conducted. And shuld I be expecting questions 4rm my Jamb combo, or general questions?. Thanks nd God bless
are you already concluding that U.I will opt for oral test? Pls guy drop that silly believe. Cos oral aint good for me pls
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by IamLukas(m): 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mumu like U!
Tribal bigot.
What makes U think am from there?
Get a life and stop being obsessed with me.
FuckTheM0ds:
fool. Jamb customer. Heard they will scrap postutme which is his Achille's heel and he had to jump for joy.
Illiterate from the south east
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by FuckTheM0ds(m): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
IamLukas:
[s] Mumu like U!
Tribal bigot.
What makes U think am from there?
Get a life and stop being obsessed with me. [/s]
obsessed with you? Now i know that youre a gay bastard.
Its very obvious that youre a jobless entity.
Cretin, retar'd dunderhead.
Keep quoting me and keep recieving curses.
Oponu
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by IamLukas(m): 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
This is the very best U can offer?
I never expected otherwise as U are just what comes out of U.
FuckTheM0ds:
obsessed with you? Now i know that youre a gay bastard.
Its very obvious that youre a jobless entity.
Cretin, retar'd dunderhead.
Keep quoting me and keep recieving curses.
Oponu
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by FuckTheM0ds(m): 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
IamLukas:
This is the very best U can offer?
I never expected otherwise as U are just what comes out of U.
hmmm this boy, do you want to die before your time? Do you know me? Be very careful of yourself. You this Little rodent that is permutatingly disordered due to excessive combustion of ethanol.
Cataclysmic nonentity.
#nitwit.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by IamLukas(m): 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
Lol,am scared alreadycry
lowlife like U.
Go kill Urself
FuckTheM0ds:
hmmm this boy, do you want to die before your time? Do you know me? Be very careful of yourself. You this Little rodent that is permutatingly disordered due to excessive combustion of ethanol.
Cataclysmic nonentity.
#nitwit.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by FuckTheM0ds(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
IamLukas:
Lol,am scared alreadycry lowlife like U. Go kill Urself
na you go tire. Poor impecunious pauper. Get off my mentions. Gay bastard
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by IamLukas(m): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
Its ok already.
U are sounding too crude.
Have a pleasant weekend
FuckTheM0ds:
na you go tire. Poor impecunious pauper.
Get off my mentions.
Gay bastard
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by FuckTheM0ds(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
IamLukas:
Its ok already. U are sounding too crude. Have a pleasant weekend
k
No Qualms I bear no Grudges. Take k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem / University Of Uyo Cult War: Security Man Injured (Graphic Photos) / Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.