Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme (48191 Views)

FEC Approves The Scrapping Of HND Certificate / ASUU Rejects FG's Scrapping Of Post-UTME (See Why) / ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by sagaciousblog: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
This is the worst decision ever by FG...
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
are you already concluding that U.I will opt for oral test? Pls guy drop that silly believe. Cos oral aint good for me pls
Bro calm down. It ain't reali gud 4 me either, one jz av to be prepared. Dz z Nigeria, anything can happen
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Michellasilva(f): 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2016
omusiliyu:
...Post UTME reduced admission anomalies.

IF FG scrapped PUME, there will be no benchmark for admission, the lecturers will just be using it to make money... To be admitted will go for like #500,000 or #1M in some schools...

Anybody can be admitted so far they score 180+...

Adamu Adamu should think twice far...

It will seriously kill our education system
Universites ll set cutoff fr each course. Nt everyone with 180 ND above ll be admitted ND dts d truth. D higher ur jamb score d higher ur chances
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
fratermathy:

If they scrap jamb, no one will apply for poly and colleges of education again.
its not true my dear, scraping jamb means each institution will now have a limit to the number of form they sell. For instance an institution with a carrying capacity of 5000 has no bussiness selling 11000 forms thus circulating applicants.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
jayceeabdulwasiu:
It will not be an understatement to say our education policy makers in Nigeria doesn't have what it takes to pilot and guide the advancement of our education institutions. Scrapping of Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) is an old path to educational advancement in our country. Our policy makers should wake from their slumber and think out of the box. So far each university has autonomy for development and growth, they should be independent in setting there standards like other institutions all over the world. JAMB should not have business with conduct of examinations rath.
Why are these old people taking us back in time? can't their brains manufacture new ideas? so they want us to keep hearing about jamb till eternity? an examination body that can't even be trusted. That Adamu guy claims he knows whats up with jamb, well he should ask this years candidates, he will know.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
IamLukas:
Those of U clamouring for Jamb to be scrapped have U considered how it will also affect the smooth running of admission processes?
Some students will have their scores before they sit for their school entrance exams and merit will be so small and limited
Dude! Are you for real? so you're this dope? what of jamb, those people that runzed it this year how did they do it? CBT my foot...
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
will you shut up. Is it because idiotic jamb favoured you with 287 thats why youre typing gibberish here.
Listen up retar'd. Post utme hasn't been scrapped. The FG minister was just assuming.
I know youre afraid of Uniben's post utme exams. Then shall it be verified of the credibility of that your utme score
shoooo na fight?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Even if the results were bad. It doesnt matter. This would be better in the long run. Because universities and candidates would forward their complaints to jamb and theyll keep on improving and getting better

Post utme will most likely be biased. Would favour d rich and people that have connections

This move would reduce the number of applicants for ui and unilag. Because they will know that theyll get redistributed I they score an average mark
fuckkkk you!
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:
That is why jamb said. Present your problems to us....we will adress them. Most complaints about jamb were from lazy students. Its nt like these things dont happen in p utme
Dude shut the fuckkkk up! Stop saying what you don't know. So you mean to tell me that all candidates that took jamb on 29th march are lazy students huh? you're not even wise you should know that "it is only when you know what you did can you complain over a poor result" don't let me call you a foool.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:
. They had a problem. And it would be adressed
A problem that will cost most people one full wasted year. Dude stop trying to behave as if you know what you're saying its not working, you're only embaracing yourself.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Travelling twice is a problem. Why would you travel to write your utme. And travel again for post utme. What is the difference
Another dope reply, who travels to another state to write jamb except special center? dude did you even take jamb or are you still in secondary school? wait let me check...
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:
If they scrap jamb, no one will apply for poly and colleges of education again.
you come up with an idea not supporting jamb nonsense
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Just no post utme. Thats all?
seriously i am begining to think you have a bussiness with jamb and his friends...tell me who is your father?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

P utme. Is a waste of money. Jamb will scatter everybody. To fill up free slots in other universities. This will ensure thar the maximum number of people will gain admission
A homosapien would say jamb is a waste of money instead. I paid for a computer they gave me a faulty one, i paid for three hours but got logged off after 30 mins, i scored 10 they sent me 5 later a second message said i got zero, their portal keeps saying "jamb form is #700" but i bought it #6500, even ordinary jamb change of course/institution form cost as much as #3500. So tell me which one is a waste? dude obviously you're a reincanation from the stone age.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
chineduemmao:
seriously i am begining to think you have a bussiness with jamb and his friends...tell me who is your father?
I dont know why you came into my thread and started hurling insults at me undecided. Maybe you are frustrated..i dont know but there are other ways to express your anger
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
ZORO47:
let the problem be addressed and the program run again for a time and be proved to be more succesful before declaring jamb as the only standard for gaining admission. Abi does it not seem somehow to you to base admissions on a program that is currently terribly flawed ?
tell him...
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
Tonymic4life:
u r not serious sir. May ur close relatives be given admission in yobe, zamfara, or borno. Say amen if e sure 4 u. Nonsense. Is it to gain admission dat is d issue, or to study ur preferred course in ur preferred school.
the guy no get sense...leave am
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
incrediboooh:
:-Xwah do yhu xpect....afta making an aboki d minister of education...wah does he know!!...hin do utme 4 hin tymundecided
my brother forget nigeria...
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
incrediboooh:
grin lawmakers wif fish brains
fish brain big pass their own, they got no original ideas in their heads...
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
jayceeabdulwasiu:

Firstly, I like your aspiring moniker.
Secondly, I will like you to comprehend my assertions because I never narrow it to written examinations. Prospective students aspiring to study in any universities doesn't really have to engage in written examinations rather it will require physical fitness to qualify for some disciplines like (physical and health Education).
Education universities should have the liberty in setting it's prerequisites/requirements and standards for prospective students.
I have done researches and evaluated programmes which makes me to advocates for new dimensions in our education sector.
We need modern man in our leader ship not some stone-age dullards. "JAMB" since i was born, can't they at least change the name?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

This is still going to benefit the candidates. As more students would get admitted. Because, they will fill up empty spots in available universities
you like "empty-spots" so much, right now am compelled to assume that their are empty spots in your brain.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

People are prone to suffering from bad luck. Av seen many examples in waec neco. Even sat. No body I perfect
luck huh so jamb is now a soccer penalty "game-of-luck"?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
DrayZee:

Prone to suffering from "bad luck" that could be averted if only people at the helm of affairs would reason properly. Abeg, no gimme dah parole joor.
i ve said that this op is from the stoneage he keeps typing rubbish sensless jagons meant for my 90 years old grandmother
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
ejomsuccess:

one thing u people don't get is "scrapping jamb is worse than scrapping post utme", if jamb is scrap it means a particular person can write in two schools, most students will want to write in many schools, thereby increasing the population of people applying to a particular school. I won't be surprise if a school like unilorin get upto 500,000+ aspirant will apply to write their post utme. This will totally increase the amount of people that will screen out & admission processes will be disorganize as people will get multiple admission why some won't get any especially those who can only afford one post utme. In my opinion, it is better like this, just that Jamb were disorganized this year & those who face a lot of casualties in their exam won't be given any chance to prove themselves
oga if they want to scrap jamb and still control the application process they would just that our leaders are daft.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
chineduemmao please,take it easy.........I hope you know the moderator will just keep deleting all your spiteful comments.
dont get yourself banned
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by chineduemmao: 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
Eljefe:

lies....
you say wetin?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
chineduemmao:
We need modern man in our leader ship not some stone-age dullards. "JAMB" since i was born, can't they at least change the name?

Thanks man. Whenever we challenge their ideas or thoughts , they bounced on us that we are inexperience. It's true that I'm one of the young folks but I understand what my generation needs in terms of basics, ideas and social prospects. I believe that a moment will manifest when our generation will hold on to the mantle because whether they like it or not, they must leave the scene.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Tonymic4life(m): 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Jamb Is no forcing you to apply for any institution. They reshuffle those that didnt make the cut off or that have no space in the university (due to the limited capacity) to other universities. It is a matter of "take it or leave it!!!"
The jamb that people wrote this year dat some computer refused to submit, some system hung, some system even submitted d script by themselves without d students finishing, even jamb added 40marks to some persons dat wrote d 1st day.Now tell me, can a trusted body do such. Y wud dey add mark if not 4 their flop in organizing exams. Yet u trust dem. Postutme wud av bin a lifeline cos u can still succeed if u av a high score. My school multiply putme by 4, den add to ur jamb score divided by 2 such dat one wu scores 205 in jamb and 80 in putme is better dan one wu score 300 in jamb and 50 in putme. Putme is always a second chance 4 most people
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
Tonymic4life:

The jamb that people wrote this year dat some computer refused to submit, some system hung, some system even submitted d script by themselves without d students finishing, even jamb added 40marks to some persons dat wrote d 1st day.Now tell me, can a trusted body do such. Y wud dey add mark if not 4 their flop in organizing exams. Yet u trust dem. Postutme wud av bin a lifeline cos u can still succeed if u av a high score. My school multiply putme by 4, den add to ur jamb score divided by 2 such dat one wu scores 205 in jamb and 80 in putme is better dan one wu score 300 in jamb and 50 in putme. Putme is always a second chance 4 most people
Jamb didnt add 40 to anybodys mark. They used the wrong marking scheme. It was said in an official press statement. Post utme also has its fault. P.utme and utme r all d same thing. Its just the name thats different
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by win10(m): 6:57am On Jun 08, 2016
Eljefe:

I strongly disagree with u and i'll give u strong arguments according to your numbered reasons...

1) If you scored high marks in jamb, then you should have no problem passing the post ume that is if you wrote the jamb on ur own, without any help...

2)there is no sense in cutting off the whole hand because the finger is corrupt. Last time I checked, Jamb isn't corruption free too...so shouldn't it be scraped too

3)travelling in search of an education is something that is done all over the world. If it's not safe to travel in Nigeria then it's the responsibility of the govt to make it better..also the govt or the NUC can also regulate the amount of money each university is allowed to charge for the post ume process..

4) Writing post ume also helps make the admission process balanced...because if a lot of pple pass the cut off that a department can take, what reason do u have for not giving them the admission??...Writing Post ume helps prevent that by making it difficult for just anyone to get in there, thereby ensuring that the best brains get the admission.

5) Ur 5th reason is invalid. There's nothing wrong in writing two exams to get admission..it helps to ensure that you have the best students in the universities...

6) So if I'm sent to an institution in a state where I know no one, does that not make room for the stress u talked about in ur 2nd point??...Students should be allowed to go where they please...its up to the universities to regulate that by having a limit on the amount of students that they can admit...

my dear i would not blame because you dont know how painful it is to write and pass an exam and still dont get admitted, just to find people who scored a lot lower than you getting admitted.

i and my cousin wrote p-utme last year for different schools but were not admitted because of we did not bribe officials
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by DOCTORPRESH: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2016
I was expecting JAMB, NUC, Ministry Of Education and all stake holders to instruct all schools to adopt the "University Of Ibadan method"... That is, instruct them to admit students strictly on Post Utme scores, coz its no longer news that JAMB2016 was a failure... So I see no reason why post ume will be scrapped this year... Very irrational move... Screw JAMB
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Tonymic4life(m): 8:09am On Jun 08, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Jamb didnt add 40 to anybodys mark. They used the wrong marking scheme. It was said in an official press statement. Post utme also has its fault. P.utme and utme r all d same thing. Its just the name thats different
that is not justifyable still. so wat happens to d affected? i guess u wud say it's their fate.who told u dat jamb didnt add 40marks to d 1st set of students? may b u where not in dis country den, even d 40marks was useless to some. what diff will a 40marks make with a score of 80 make ur findings.when last did jamb conduct a hitchfree exam? check out last year, last 2 years etc. putme has more pedigree dan jamb. u said both r d same, d only diff is d name and i ask, Which body conducts jamb and putme respectively?D uni conducts putme while jamb conducts jamb. So u cant say both r d same. A body cannot conduct 2 exams @diff level. If u know of any,tell me. We keep relying on systems below average in dis coun3.Too bad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Moment A Nairalander Turns Graduate #girls_re_wicked / Ananti Ezugo: Photograph University Of Nigeria Students These Are My Best Shots / 2019 Best 50 Polytechnic In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.