Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? (21646 Views)

Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by justicejay(m): 7:37am On Jun 08, 2016
No, but it has over paid me.
It was saturday that day,I have no money left on me and I wanted to watch epl so I decided to go and withdraw the remaining 1k In my acct.
On getting dere I met a guy too he wanted to withdraw. But the cover where money passed through just opened and closed back without money coming out. He was so furious and he left. When it was my turn I pressed 1k but it gave me 2k I guess the guy money came out together with mine.but unfortunately the unlucky guy has left so the lucky guy left too.

4 Likes

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by olulove(m): 7:37am On Jun 08, 2016
it happens, but very rare. that's what we call "PARTIAL DISPENSE" in banking

hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by bahgo2001: 7:38am On Jun 08, 2016
I never hear that one ooo, but have heard about over paid
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by chiefololade: 7:38am On Jun 08, 2016
Emmatdayo:
OP correct urself, its ATM and nt ATM Machine

You typed its instead of it's.

7 Likes

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Handsome4real(m): 7:38am On Jun 08, 2016
NO[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Handsome4real(m): 7:39am On Jun 08, 2016
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by angelamina(f): 7:39am On Jun 08, 2016
It paid my friend we went to the ATM together 4500 instead of 5000
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by deenvibe(m): 7:39am On Jun 08, 2016
Yes. 3k instead of 4k zenith atm machine poly ibadan north campus, gtbank atm card. Send email to both bank both they keep pushing me to each other. Up till nw non of them refund me.

1 Like

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Nickiconcept(m): 7:39am On Jun 08, 2016
Yes! I de even fear to use access bank ATM since then.Yes! I de even fear to use access bank ATM since then.Yes! I de even fear to use access bank ATM since then.
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 08, 2016
@ ado[/quote] it has paid me 16k instead pf 15k...well guess it my luck
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by bahgo2001: 7:41am On Jun 08, 2016
lalaboi:
Nah..

But i have heard stories of how it did for some close friends. . .

I also find it weird counting money just withdrawn from the ATM at the ATM but my thinking of that has changed over the years. If its small amounts below 20K. . .omo i must count am right there to make sure its darn complete.

What if you find out that the money is not complete?
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Ewatomi26(f): 7:42am On Jun 08, 2016
ATM dey look face ooo, and my face ain't smiling.

Samoyed puppies forsale... Holla at me if you are interested... 08137411263

1 Like

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by muller101(m): 7:42am On Jun 08, 2016
Try osogbo ATMs.
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by fabulousvera(f): 7:44am On Jun 08, 2016
i dont really count mine i only usually check if their is counterfeit among cos av experience the withdrawer of five thousand counterfeit notes among my N18000 using the eco bank machine at owerri
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Pyno30: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2016
okey4reel:
i have come across people who withdraw money from the ATM and stood there to count the money to be sure if its complete, hmmmm i dont understand this, has ATM ever short-paid anybody b4 because for me when i use the atm, i just collect the money and leave i dont count cos i believe the money is complete and i just leave, but i just thought of this and decided to bring it up here.

So i would like to hear from nairalanders, if anyone has experienced it before, maybe you withdrew 10k and it wasnt complete?
It has never happened to me. And i don't pray for it to happen because i will break that manchine that day.
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by spartan4christ: 7:47am On Jun 08, 2016
ATM can never make mistake,except u forget to take ur complete cash from d machine...
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Patented: 7:47am On Jun 08, 2016
I don't understand why pplecount money in front of the ATM. I don't know anyone who has been short payed but even if that happens counting in front of d machine won't help. If it's short are u gonna drag d machine or what?
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 08, 2016
ATM has short paid a friend of my, it gave him 9500, instead of 10000, the reason for such mistake is that, the ATM was suppose to be filled with 1000naira notes, but somehow a 500naira note was among the 1000 which the bank did not notice. So when he withdrew, the machine gave him, nine 1000naira note and the 500naira note as 10k

1 Like

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 08, 2016
Last week I pressed N3000 denomination but N2000 came out and they debited me N3000. What a shame. This happened to like 2 to 3 people after me @ gtbank e-banking @ egbeda
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Exponental(m): 7:49am On Jun 08, 2016
Some people don't count but check out for bad notes. Fake notes sometimes come with it. Always check!

1 Like

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by pattyphil(f): 7:50am On Jun 08, 2016
That:
]

Just negodu grin
make sense. grin
That:
]

Just negodu grin
make sense.
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 08, 2016
CzarRex:
never experienced it

but instead am waiting for the day it will overpay me, mehn that day i'll dance like david danced!

Lol, Just kidding

That's actually possible.
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Ahmed3rdjuly: 7:52am On Jun 08, 2016
Very possible.
it can overpay and under pay. i have experienced both.

1 Like

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Xeedorf: 7:52am On Jun 08, 2016
I NO COME UNDERSTAND NIGERIANS AGAIN
Everyday they complain, No money, No money..... Yet there
is always a long queue at the ATM, are they withdrawing
their sins

8 Likes

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by login123: 7:52am On Jun 08, 2016
Yes..FBN Ikpoba Hill, after Doris Dey Hotel , Benin City. It happened last year, the ATM paid me 16k instead of N20k, thank God I counted the money right there, so I went into the bank and the operations manager investigated it immediately and balance me the difference..ever since I do count my money before leaving the ATM.

1 Like

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by lalaboi(m): 7:53am On Jun 08, 2016
bahgo2001:

What if you find out that the money is not complete?

sigh.. . I will go back home and cry on my pillow. . what a question . .
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by wacoj(m): 7:53am On Jun 08, 2016
I NEVER believed it was possible for an ATM to short pay anyone till three days back

Three days ago, I went to withdraw from ABPLC ATM at their HEAD OFFICE at
Oyinjo Olayemi V.I Lagos with my ABPLC ATM card also.
I withdrew the first 40k, another 40k. I put the 80k together, then withdrew another 20k and put dat one in my wallet.

Then I proceeded to UBA nearby to pay in the 80k and when I brought it out and counted it, I saw a piece of 500 naira note inside.

I actually got 79,500. I rushed back to the bank, filled a form they gave me, i was told they will escalate it. Till today I was not refunded.

It is a painful thing cos it could cause TRUST ISSUES with the use of ATM.... Considering the fact that it now turned to my words against theirs, I just had to let go but not without asking them if they have experienced it before and they said YES!

2 Likes

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Justinakusu(m): 7:55am On Jun 08, 2016
It happened to me once. I complained to my bank customer care and it was resolved after 7 days.
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by lalaboi(m): 7:56am On Jun 08, 2016
spartan4christ:
ATM can never make mistake,except u forget to take ur complete cash from d machine...

Dey there. .

The almighty ATM is very perfect eh?

1 Like

Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by Oba22: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2016
[It has happened to me before. It was First Bank ATM machine at Orita Challenge Ibadan. I withdrew 10,000 but paid me 6,000. I complained immediately and the person in-charge confirmed it to be true. After 15 minutes waiting, i was balanced from the counter.
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by thereturnoflucy(m): 8:00am On Jun 08, 2016
zeyheed:
It gave me 11k instead of 12 @ ado

Ado sha
Re: Has The ATM Ever Short-paid Anyone Before? by king99(m): 8:00am On Jun 08, 2016
yea,atm has short paid me,i instruted d machine to pay 10k,but afterwithdrawing and countin d money i discoverd it payed me 9k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Restricts Foreign Banks From ‘Banking Businesses’ / OIL PRICE CRASH: Nigeria In Top 5 At-Risk Countries - Global Risk Insights / CBN Cash Withdrawal Limits May Hinder Economic Growth As It Happened In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.