Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:37 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820051 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2007
lawalidowu:

@fatherof2

roughly when will the announcements will be made?
i aminvolved in a similar scenario but i am just helping my friend manage his money. i want a very active portfolio, buying and getting rid of stocks in a 3 month window frame. i know things don't always go as predicted so, combining 3 low risk with 1 high risk stock should keep the portfolio above water in worst case scenarios.
what stocks fit into the sure average gain (2 - 3) and the gambled high gain (1 - 2).
wanajo, easimoni, pumping and d gurus. your input will be appreciated

3 MONTHS WINDOW FRAME. 6 MAX cool

I have to be very honest with you,like i've said all along.History guides most of my actions.And i'm looking at UBA release this December,it could be slightly later sha.But my compass keeps pushing my hand to December.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2007
FatherOF2:

Oga upward me no be master.No one is a master.The masters are still the real stockbrokers with 20years experience.
I have to disappoint you on the e-mail thing.

@some

Don't be sentimental about any stock (PAPA of MD get this or that).The stock does not know you're buying it.
You'll be surprised how people react once they hear higher profits. Take advantage of that reaction and take your quick 25-30%.
At least FCMB did beta than GT (Growth wise) and GT is still rising.If they declared 200% increase in profits won't you call EFCC to investigate.Just
praise their 139% increase and not " FCMB could have done better".

Analyzing for speculators does not prevent objective analysis. I have no problem with your speculative analysis but it is not everyone here that is a speculative investor.

I do not have to praise an increase that is below my expectations. Like I said, the market may reactive positively, but we need to share anlaysis that will prevent us from herding with the sheep.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2007
adeyinkat:

@ Temmie

Quote ", anybody watching Japaul?"

Watching & smiling! grin grin

Smiling? Come on,whats your take on the question.Think the post TS bull run will be sustained?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2007
Sold my GTB @ N34. Hope it goes sub N30 soon enough. I think this strategy works best with large volume trades.

Also, I agree with FatherOf2I think a good one to buy is certainly Zenith Bank and FCMB. FCMB soon as possible, Zenith, December.

I also agree that buyers should aways appraise themselves of risks inherent in any trade decisions. Nothing can predict the future of stocks with certainty.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2007
pumping777:

Analyzing for speculators does not prevent objective analysis. I have no problem with your speculative analysis but it is not everyone here that is a speculative investor.

I do not have to praise an increase that is below my expectations. Like I said, the market may reactive positively, but we need to share anlaysis that will prevent us from herding with the sheep.
Couldnt have put it better meself! I think you wanted to say herd mentality and like wanaj0 will always say investment based speculation without an objective and intellectual dissection is a sure-fire way of getting your fingers seriously burnta bit stronger than wanaj0 would actually put it

I think somebody said on another forum and i quote the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent
Nuff said
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2007
and Nigerian German is now at N26.61 shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hi all,

Could someone kingly provide information about the new trading floor opened in Nigeria.  I was of the opinion that it was grand with up to date facilities.  My question is the popossibilitiesf investors trading from home by viewing stock prices as the move up and down.  This is the situation here in Europe and it reareallykes stock trading intresting.  I have just  started trading in the Nigerian stock market a few months ago, but the response time in terms of my brokers response is too slow.

I would apprecite the possipossibilitiesogging on from home and buying stock via my brokers website on my own.  Does anyone know is such facility is availbavailablell soom be available.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hi all,

Could someone kindly provide information about the new trading floor opened in Nigeria. I was of the opinion that it was grand with up to date facilities. My question is the possibility of investors trading from home, by viewing stock prices as they move up and down. This is the situation here in Europe and it really makes stock trading intresting. I have just started trading on the Nigerian stock market a few months ago, but the response time in terms of my brokers response is too slow.

I would appreciate the possibility of trading from home and buying stock via my brokers website on my own. Does anyone know is such facility is available soon be available.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ stanchuks, BETA GLASS has good fundamentals, a forward pe of 9 is the best u can get right now. i couldnt get any today as well but still hoping sha.
it should hit 20 naira by march next year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2007
damoche07:

Smiling? Come on,whats your take on the question.Think the post TS bull run will be sustained?

If it does, some people are buying some expensive shares. The PO just ended and we all saw the prospectus. The stock now has a forward PE of 35! Dunno what people are looking at.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2007
shigidi:

@ stanchuks, BETA GLASS has good fundamentals, a forward pe of 9 is the best u can get right now. i couldnt get any today as well but still hoping sha.

@ stanchuks, I think you were lucky to get. Though at a price relatively high for today's price, I think at that price it is still at a discount. There was an usual volume of over 2M that was traded on Friday. My surprise was that there was so much being offered and even more surprised that so much was sold.

I got some last week too but was unable to get anymore today. Today, just over 20K units were traded  sad. Maybe there weren't high enough bids. Frankly I hope the price even drops further for now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2007
shigidi:

and i found another candidate RedStar express at a forward PE of 11.7 but the stock is not liquid at all!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ easimoni,
how ur weekend. i got more diamond and im hoping to hook beta glass and fcmb this week.
do u have any other suggestions right now.
BTW, since i got back to naija ive lost touch with heroes, hope u still dey enjoy am cos i hear some people saying it aint as good as season1 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2007
RoughCut:

and i found another candidate RedStar express at a forward PE of 11.7 but the stock is not liquid at all!

Can anyone validate these forward PE's?? Just for the records. I currently have no interest in the stocks due to liquidity status.

1. Presco -  12.85, Outstanding shares - 0.5B

2. Aluminium Extrusion -  10.41,  Outstanding shares - 0.22B
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2007
TS was lifted on International Breweries today and it maxed 5% open to close but miserable volume of 15,100!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2007
please HAS ANYBODY ON THIS THREAD RECEIVED THEIR UBA CERTIFICATES COS IM STARTING TO GET WORRIED. PLEASE ALL REPLY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2007
shigidi:

please HAS ANYBODY ON THIS THREAD RECEIVED THEIR UBA CERTIFICATES COS IM STARTING TO GET WORRIED. PLEASE ALL REPLY.

yet to receive mine
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni,
how your weekend. i got more diamond and im hoping to hook beta glass and fcmb this week.
do u have any other suggestions right now.
BTW, since i got back to naija ive lost touch with heroes, hope u still dey enjoy am because i hear some people saying it aint as good as season1 cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nah, Heroes isn't as good this year but things are looking up. wink

Don't have any recommendations right now. Waiting for some corrections.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chaj(m): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2007
Sovereign Trust Insurance gets NSE nod to list 1 billion additional shares. offered for sale during the last recapitalisation exercise,

sorry cant seem to copy the link from www.proshareng.com

GURUS, what's the implication of this upcoming dilution of shares? Reduced EPS and possible fall in share price i guess undecided ?

Is it advisable to sell now? I've made a gross gain of 23% on it as at today.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Roughcut

In actual fact bank PHB is a better option than FCMB and the figures are more plausible than that of FCMB so will wait towards the end of TS on PHB the half-year will be DEC and the half-year results due around JAN/FEB next year next year so hopefully if expectations are met that should give the share price a leg up when the stock comes off TS

in fact Roughcut, I think you may be right with the comparism but Bank PHB offer is still running and will end in about a month's time. That monthly timeframe is enough to ride the FCMB train. The TS on FCMB shoul be lifted either thursday or friday and once you are out after gaining some points on it, purchase Bank PHB before TS is lifted on it.

Still be careful about the stockpicks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2007
chaj:

Sovereign Trust Insurance gets NSE nod to list 1 billion additional shares. offered for sale during the last recapitalisation exercise,

sorry can't seem to copy the link from www.proshareng.com

GURUS, what's the implication of this upcoming dilution of shares? Reduced EPS and possible fall in share price i guess undecided ?

Is it advisable to sell now? I've made a gross gain of 23% on it as at today.

Thanks

I already had this additional listing of 1B factored into my calculations for adjusted PE/EPS since this was known earlier only that the listing is just taking place. The projected PE is around 36 so I will consider the current price expensive. Selling is not a bad idea especially since you already made some gains.

Just take note that the stock gained almost 5% today if you want to play on the sentiments of the market for a couple more days but this should be on your sell list.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Easimoni,

If it does, some people are buying some expensive shares. The PO just ended and we all saw the prospectus. The stock now has a forward PE of 35! Dunno what people are looking at.

You are right but what still baffles me is that the NSE is the most unpredictable environment you can find on the planet.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chaj(m): 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
Thanks pumping.

May u never tire of pumping grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2007
For those planning to re-enter insurance stocks, Unic may be the first candidate if the price drops further.

The price is still on free fall and the projected PE is now around 16 and the lowest in the sector.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2007
Everyone is a guru in a bullish market. The bear market separates the wheat from the chaff. The whole market is bullish now so no problem. When the bears come to rule again, then I wait to see people asking ridiculous questions. Definitely people will get their fingers burnt. By then they will learn investing 101.

Oceanic certificates are available now. Send your brokers to pick up yours.

All those who were against Access Bank because of the analysis of one disgruntled analyst hope you are seeing the light now!

Well Shigidi, are you still intesrested in my NGC

Chellarams still holding forth. What a year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
Pumping do you have the numbers on UNIC?

wanaj0:

Well Shigidi, are you still intesrested in my NGC

Haba ---- grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
Ok I have checked UNIC numbers, @ pumping confirm if I am on the right track

As at todays price Proj PE is 16.20 based on the 2nd Qtr results,

I wonder when they will bring out their 3rd qtr results, its due already.

Lets see how far it will free fall -
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jdizzy(m): 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2007
Surprise, surprise, Crusader actually gained the full 5% today, price currently at N5.38

I stupidly bought at N5.1 a few months ago - well, my brokers did because I did not specify a price limit. I'm thinking about bailing now to buy some FCMB. Any thoughts?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hi Nairalanders

Any one has any experince with UBA stockbrokers? I am currently resident outside Naija and am about signing with them using their Non-Resident-Nigerian accounts.

Alternatively does anyone know of any better Stockbrokers better suited for people like me.

All you guys currently outside Naija please help a brother out. My current stockbroker is dealing with me seriously and I am about to tell him where to go.

Waiting ohhhh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2007
yodiyokun:

Ok I have checked UNIC numbers, @ pumping confirm if I am on the right track
As at todays price Proj PE is 16.20 based on the 2nd Qtr results,
I wonder when they will bring out their 3rd qtr results, its due already.
Lets see how far it will free fall -

Correct down to the decimal point! Question now is if the 3Q will bring a pleasnt or nasty surprise. With the rise of Law Union  grin and the poor 3Q of Crusader  angry, Unic is now the cheapest. If it goes down tomorrow, I'm in.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
jdizzy:

Surprise, surprise, Crusader actually gained the full 5% today, price currently at N5.38

I stupidly bought at N5.1 a few months ago - well, my brokers did because I did not specify a price limit. I'm thinking about bailing now to buy some FCMB. Any thoughts?

You and I must have bought on the same day! wink But, I kept buying as it dropped and on average, just made a tidy sum (I'm out now).

There are better coys out there now. FCMB is one, Unic is another. Either one is about 20% cheaper than crusader on a forward PE basis. I'd go with Unic: the FCMB offer was oversubscribed, thus the fundamentals will look different if/when they decide to absorb the excess. + the PAT target is aggressive.

Unic keeps u in insurance and should benefit from the funds just released. Let's just hope the 9 mo result is a pleasnt surprise.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2007
Yes I have, abeg search my posts (under my profile), and you'll see where I've talked about them at length
I've used them since Sep, and currently have 2 other friends using them, we are all in the US. The NRN US rep is extremely great, Temitope, and I'm sure the UK one must be. I love that its a 1 stop shop, esp if you dont have a bank acct, cause u get to open up 1 and when u send money to purchase shares, u are sending it to your own bank acct.
It takes about 2 business days to buy/sell, and I deal with them by email, online portal should be available pretty soon. Matter of fact the rep just sent me an invoice by email an hr ago for my stock sales/purchases from wed-fri.
bigjay01:

Hi Nairalanders

Any one has any experince with UBA stockbrokers? I am currently resident outside Naija and am about signing with them using their Non-Resident-Nigerian accounts.

Alternatively does anyone know of any better Stockbrokers better suited for people like me.

All you guys currently outside Naija please help a brother out. My current stockbroker is dealing with me seriously and I am about to tell him where to go.

Waiting ohhhh

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.