Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,948 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819981 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2007
Shigidi,

Susan Ifashe is relatively new. She also manages one of my account for me. Quite nice and corteous. If you have any problem, reuest for Mrs Balogun.

You must be a special client to be going to their office. Never being there before.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nzemillion: 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2007
Wanajo, Easimoni, Pumping 777, Temmie 10, i´m still waiting 4 you guys reply, as regards to how can i collect my First bank po´s refund money, Pls let some body help me, cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2007
nzemillion:

Wanajo, Easimoni, Pumping 777, Temmie 10, i´m still waiting 4 you guys reply, as regards to how can i collect my First bank po´s refund money, Please let some body help me, cry

They will be mailing cheques back, unless u would rather not get it at the address u have on the form, in which case u'll have to contact Meristem registrars who are the registrars for the offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2007
@EMMAACHILE, so Livestocks just mght be Good long term for prob maybe 09 then?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by X2X(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2007
@Easimoni

Thanks for the Future View Spreadsheet link.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2007
nzemillion:

Wanajo, Easimoni, Pumping 777, Temmie 10, i´m still waiting 4 you guys reply, as regards to how can i collect my First bank po´s refund money, Please let some body help me, cry

The refund will be sent to the agent through whom you submitted your application. Alternatively, it will be sent to your mailing address. Not sure how effective Meristem registrars are.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ wanajo, i no special at all oooo grin
i just want to go there cos i opened the account last week and have not gotten any confirmation e-mail so i want to clarify all that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ wanajo , would you advise entering FCMB from the floor. at 17.45, one can actually get 50% appreciation from the stock, with a forecast eps of 0.96(assuming oversubscription) it can get to 25 quite smoothly. whats your take on that cos there dont seem to be any juicy offers at the moment.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijaking1: 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2007
@easimoni

thanks for the info on First Bank certificates.

Any idea about UBA certificates?

UBA PO was 3-4 months earlier than First Bank's. Also anyone with information about these certificates will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ Everybody

I entered Lasaco @ 3.00 earlier this year. I've watched it moved up and down. With the bullish trend in the insurance sector at the moment. Is it advisable to still hold on to the stock till the next quater (March) or do I cut my loss right now and move on to a better sound stock. Thanks everybody

Also, Do we all know when Dangote Flour will be listed?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2007
wanaj0:

Shigidi,

Susan Ifashe is relatively new. She also manages one of my account for me. Quite nice and corteous. If you have any problem, reuest for Mrs Balogun.

You must be a special client to be going to their office. Never being there before.

Susan, happens to be my account manager too, but unfortunately she has not bothered to reply my last 4 emails to her.I was in their office(i.e AFRINVEST W.A Ltd) last year when they were trading as SECTRUST and I got a very high profile reception from the staff there. I used to transact with my previous account manager over the phone and I think that is the best way to get their attention.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Labo: 7:51am On Nov 25, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I learnt from another thread that assocaited Contruction Development bank has restarted a previous PP and will end later this month. Future View/ Wema Asset is handling it
Does anyone know more about this PP and weather it is adviceable to invest in it. contribution from the Gurus, Wanajo, punmping, fatherof2 and co will be much appreciated.

One love
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Labo: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I learnt from another thread that assocaited Contruction Development bank has restarted a previous PP and will end later this month. Future View/ Wema Asset is handling it
Does anyone know more about this PP and weather it is adviceable to invest in it. contribution from the Gurus, Wanajo, punmping, fatherof2 and co will be much appreciated.

One love
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toyibanj(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2007
LIVESTOCK FEEDS PLC.

Year end of Livestock is march 2007. Does any one have any quarterly results for 2008? Are they out of the woods yet? There's been a steady increase in share price in the last few days.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2007
toyibanj:

LIVESTOCK FEEDS PLC.

Year end of Livestock is march 2007. Does any one have any quarterly results for 2008? Are they out of the woods yet? There's been a steady increase in share price in the last few days.

LIVESTOCK FEEDS PLC. UNAUDITED HALF-YEAR RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 30TH SEPT, 2007 
2007 2006 CHANGE % CHANGE
N'b N'b N'b %
TURNOVER 0.452 0.268 0.184 68.66
PBT 0.026 0.009 0.017 188.89
TAXATION -2.35 -   -2.35
PAT 0.024 0.009 0.015 166.67

Livestock stock price was moving up even after disastrous results. There is no logic to the movement of this stock. The expansion plans came up when they did the rights offer about a year ago. We have not seen any action yet and this is being touted again at the AGM. Based on last FY results and Q-1 results, the company was using exceptional items to boost PAT.

PE ratio is about 38 right now and except there is real expansion in the horizon, I think it is too early to enter now if at all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2007
Today make it a year that this tread started. WHAOO!!! i want to which every body in this tread happy a year anivesary, and i want to say big congratulations to SEUN that started this tread he/she must be a genuis, and to all d gurus in the house WANAJO, SHIGIDI EASIMONI AND CO KUDOS TO OO!!! and to all of us that are student in the house happy 1year anivesary and happy investment to u all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2007
shigidi:

@ wanajo , would you advise entering FCMB from the floor. at 17.45, one can actually get 50% appreciation from the stock, with a forecast eps of 0.96(assuming oversubscription) it can get to 25 quite smoothly. whats your take on that because there don't seem to be any juicy offers at the moment.

Sorry people,my internet link has been down.So i've been out for a while.I'm trying to get a new VSAT link in my residence so i can be on full blast.
@ Shigidi,

I've never bought any of these PO's except Union Bank which i sold last week.With this new e-certificate thing, my new strategy is to go in about a week or two before some of the good banking stocks come out of TS particularly when the interim results will be released like a month after TS is lifted. FCMB will be coming out of TS in about a week's time and i bought N2,500,000 @ N17.45 last week on the floor. I noticed the stock was on high demand even on the floor.Total transactions were about N9bn for less than 60 deals for the whole week.That's not usual.There's some mopping up taking place.Watch what happens after TS and results coming out. You can scrape like 25-30% from it while others are waiting for their e-cerificates in 6months time.
FCMB is top on my list now.To confirm what i'm telling you now,see NAHCO today. Offer price was N22.80,it came out of TS and 3weeks later results came out and its at N28.I'm safely out of NAHCO with my 23%.Moved into Access after TS and results expected soon.Already have my 25% on that one.Gone are the days when a rally is guranteed for a stock that has been on TS for donkey months.Now most stocks are on offer even up to the day they're lifted from TS.Things are moving faster now with this e-certificate so no need to tie your money for months with TS,just wait a week before TS is lifted.
Same strategy will be adopted for BankPHB and Zenith.

@youngdoc

To your question, BankPHB will give your great returns by 09. Francis Atuche the MD has promised great things,including 6months earnings for 08 of N57bn. And i know these guys,they're bankers to my company and they milk money.So i trust he'll deliver.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2007
Femtex:

@ Everybody

I entered Lasaco @ 3.00 earlier this year. I've watched it moved up and down. With the bullish trend in the insurance sector at the moment. Is it advisable to still hold on to the stock till the next quater (March) or do I cut my loss right now and move on to a better sound stock. Thanks everybody

Also, Do we all know when Dangote Flour will be listed?

Don't waste the money.Since you've waited this long,just wait for the next cycle of Lasaco.You'll get something good out of Lasaco in a few weeks/Months time. Did you read your financial standard today(sunday) or Sunday Punch .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

I greet you oh.

How has your Sunday been? Fine I pray?

This FCMB thing, I ha an inkling towards it but preferred the Access option then.

This is another new Strategy by you oh. To enter a week before TS is lifted and gain your goodies when it is lifted and good results are released.

I am thinking of moving into FCMB but not as heavy as you. Hope to get to your level soon where I can purchase millions of units by GOD's special grace.

Do you strongly support a purchase of FCMB presently for this week.

Thanks nd stay blessed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nzemillion: 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2007
thanx Naijadr, Wanajo 4 ur reply. Can any one give the phone number of Meristem Registars, pls
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2007
@ Nzemillion

Do a google search for meristem registrars and you can get their number from their "contact us" page. The number works as I spoke with them this past week.

Happy hunting.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2007
shigidi:

@ wanajo , would you advise entering FCMB from the floor. at 17.45, one can actually get 50% appreciation from the stock, with a forecast eps of 0.96(assuming oversubscription) it can get to 25 quite smoothly. whats your take on that because there don't seem to be any juicy offers at the moment.

I am not a short term player. FCMB is good but not that impressed with the balance sheet. Something does not add up.

LondonCool:

Susan, happens to be my account manager too, but unfortunately she has not bothered to reply my last 4 emails to her.I was in their office(i.e AFRINVEST W.A Ltd) last year when they were trading as SECTRUST and I got a very high profile reception from the staff there. I used to transact with my previous account manager over the phone and I think that is the best way to get their attention.

Afrinvest to me is still one of the best out there. They are passing through a lot of changes and restructuring though. As a rule, copy someone (another account officer) in all your correspondence. If you don't get propmt attention, escalate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2007
Thanks Fatherof2
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2007
Dunlop entering into more debt?
Is this good or bad?

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/product_info.php?products_id=18476
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toyibanj(m): 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2007
@ Wanaj0
Concerning BOG and Vitafoam. Are we to expect something towards their YE?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2007
nzemillion:

thanx Naijadr, Wanajo 4 your reply. Can any one give the phone number of Meristem Registars, please

Here it is

Meristem Registrars Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Meristem Securities Limited. Their office is located at #305 Herbert Macaulay Way Sabo, Yaba, Lagos.
The Chief Executive Officer is Bunmi Oguntoye
Phone: 0803-301-8295
D/L: 01-8920491
Fax: 01-5854020
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2007
@EMMAACHILE and pumping777.
please, i need a site or place where i can get past and present finiacial statements of companies (audited and unaudited).
i need to start playing with numbers and practice what i have leanrt so far in this forum to bear (sorry bull) wink.

@ frankiriri i am intrested in your investment club when next are you guys having a meeting, i need to plan to attend.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2007
oawele:

@EMMAACHILE and pumping777.
please, i need a site or place where i can get past and present finiacial statements of companies (audited and unaudited).
i need to start playing with numbers and practice what i have leanrt so far in this forum to bear (sorry bull) wink.
meanwhile EMMAACHILE i am intrested in your investment club when next are you guys having a meeting, i need to plan to attend.

Try these resources.

1. http://www.gticapitalltd.com/report.php. This has results from multiple companies over multiple years.

You will find many results for 2005 and 2006 but also many for different quarters in 2007.

2. http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news_category.php?id=16
Just walk back through the pages from latest results to older ones.

3. http://www.financialnigeria.com/MARKETS/stock/stock_list.aspx
Click the company of interest and in some cases you will find the latest result on the right hand side under SEC filings.
As an example Beta Glass --

http://www.financialnigeria.com/MARKETS/stock/stock_analysis_quote.aspx?symbol=BETAGLAS

http://www.financialnigeria.com/MARKETS/stock/Download.aspx?filename=BETAGLAS_SECFilings_15.pdf

4. http://www.nigerianinvestments.com/story.php?id=44. Results from multiple companies for different quarters in the current year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2gd: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2007
i bought lasaco at 3.36 and conrnerstone at 4 naira, should i sell my cornerstone now, while i still can , or i shd just wait
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Beulah2: 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2007
[/quote][quote author=wanaj0 link=topic=31554.msg1716878#msg1716878 date=1196011286]
I am not a short term player. FCMB is good but not that impressed with the balance sheet. Something does not add up.

Afrinvest to me is still one of the best out there. They are passing through a lot of changes and restructuring though. As a rule, copy someone (another account officer) in all your correspondence. If you don't get propmt attention, escalate.

Wanaj0, I am also with Mrs Susan in Afrinvest and she has refused to answer all my emails (like 4 of them) that I sent last week. Previously I have not been receiving her responses as well. I have cc Mrs Balogun on a couple of emails but no response. Please can you advise how to escalate this? After joining them for like 6 months, I still don't have online access. On one occasion, the security details for opening online account was sent to someone else and after that episode, there has not been any progress on opening the online account. I am kind of regretting joining Afrinvest. Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:57am On Nov 26, 2007
Beulah2:

Wanaj0, I am also with Mrs Susan in Afrinvest and she has refused to answer all my emails (like 4 of them) that I sent last week. Previously I have not been receiving her responses as well. I have cc Mrs Balogun on a couple of emails but no response. Please can you advise how to escalate this? After joining them for like 6 months, I still don't have online access. On one occasion, the security details for opening online account was sent to someone else and after that episode, there has not been any progress on opening the online account. I am kind of regretting joining Afrinvest. Thanks in advance for your response.

What a strange but interesting name you have, BEULAH. Sure you know the meaning. How did you come about it?

Susan replied to my mail on Wednesday and since then I have not heard from her. Will definitely speak with her before the end of the week by which time I will know whether to escalate it to their head of institutional sales! Got someone moved to investment arm once because of a similar situation last.

While not trying to defend Afrinvest, sometimes they don't get mails from yahoo and sometimes their response to yahoo also don't get delivered. Check also that yahoo does not send their mails to your SPAM or Bulk folder.

I was told sometimes ago that they are having problems with their IT. Learnt they were doing a cutover which afected ability to grant online access. Thought that should be over by now!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.