Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816706 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:17am On Nov 26, 2007
toyibanj:

@ Wanaj0
Concerning BOG and Vitafoam. Are we to expect something towards their YE?

Never said that OOOOO tongue tongue tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 8:44am On Nov 26, 2007
@BEULAH

I can imagine your frustration. While considering assurances from Wanajo pick up the phone and try to talk. If they bulshit you lay your options on the table take immediate steps for reddress. Customer service of this kind usually signal an unhealthy company. Even if the company is thriving and it cannot handle customer relations effectively, why should I trust it with my money. I had a very high opinion of this company until now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:47am On Nov 26, 2007
Pennywise:

@BEULAH

I can imagine your frustration. While considering assurances from Wanajo pick up the phone and try to talk. If they bulshit you lay your options on the table take immediate steps for reddress. Customer service of this kind usually signal an unhealthy company. Even if the company is thriving and it cannot handle customer relations effectively, why should I trust it with my money. I had a very high opinion of this company until now.

Well sent a mail to Susan this morning and got a response. Sent the comments to her verbatim and she asked for the names of the people concerned to be sure that she actually got the mails. Like I said before I last heard from her on Wednesday last week. This was her response:

Kindly send the details of the client given the complains to be sure the mails were received.

Regards

Susan
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 10:41am On Nov 26, 2007
@ Samstone

@Ololufemi

Just wanted to check whether my brokers ripped me off or not.

I agree with Wanajo, it is tidier to use your company(ies) to buy the shares.

Have you considered the cost of setting up those companies, CAC documents, Lawyer fees, etc.

Still stck to my option. Trust my family members. They cant bail out with my money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by slaykay07: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2007
EASIMONI,

Did i hear you say something about Access PO, were you refering to the concluded PO OR another PO is on the way?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Fatherof2

I hope you let us know when you become father of 3 so forum members can arrange a cyber get together.

[Sorry people,my internet link has been down.So i've been out for a while.I'm trying to get a new VSAT link in my residence so i can be on full blast.quote]

I am linked to an ISP in my office via wifi. I intend to take this home and then hook up with VSAT. Please let me know what it takes when you get hooked up.

Having huge plans for Bank PHB. I understand Zenith is coming at 38.90. Too expensive. Jim Ovia can shove it up his rear end.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2007
@shiqidi,
i will like to know more about Beta glass, i got some last week and it was due to the fundamentals that you stated about it, i was actually surprised when you told easimoni last week Friday that you were not able to get it, i only placed an order on Friday and got it maybe i was lucky, although it was on the high side of 14.17 i believe
Easimoni, gave me a go ahead on it but said Ikeja Hotels which you also recommended has gained a lot and will not be good entering now
Finally how is the future for betaglass?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Ololufemi

The advantage about having a company is that it is like another person that you own completely.

Also it is perfectly legal for your company to apply for shares in the same company that you are applying. Strictly not legal for you to use your siblings names with the intention of transferring to yourself, although very hard to prove.

If you have children, probably better to buy in their names.

I suppose it all depends on the volume of your transactions - whether you consider the set up cost of a company worthwhile. If you know an accountant, it may be cheaper to do it through one.

Good luck.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2007
Pennywise:

@Fatherof2

I hope you let us know when you become father of 3 so forum members can arrange a cyber get together.

[Sorry people,my internet link has been down.So i've been out for a while.I'm trying to get a new VSAT link in my residence so i can be on full blast.quote]

I am linked to an ISP in my office via wifi. I intend to take this home and then hook up with VSAT. Please let me know what it takes when you get hooked up.

Having huge plans for Bank PHB. I understand Zenith is coming at 38.90. Too expensive. Jim Ovia can shove it up his rear end.

Common pwise.
The man is a guru, U say it is expensive. Their 1Q eps is 70k, Ow much do u tink FBN 1Q is. Just wait until u see the prospectus.

U know the guy owns cellcom and i sense he might just be putting it up for sale to Zenith or the bank might just buy someting real good. Most of these banks are raising money now cos we dont know the next policy that will come. Perhaps there will be embargo on all PO's.

Will buy it Big time.

@Father of 2
Most times its difficult to get stocks on the floor during TS. Tried that strategy but got onli little of them stocks except u get cross deals.

So Ow do go bout this
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

I greet you my bro,

I need some cool advice here and it is urgent.

I just got a loan of N1,500,000 from a bank and expected to pay back as soon as possible.

I want to use this amount for high speculation in the market.

Too many things going on in my mind and I need serious advice on how to benefit as soon as possible.

What options of stocks do you have, looking at short turnovers and taking into consideration entry and exit windows, timings, rumours and news.

Thanks a lot cause I know you'll help out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Allcorrect
You know the guy owns cellcom and i sense he might just be putting it up for sale to Zenith or the bank might just buy someting real good. Hmmn. Something to think about
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2007
Allcorrect:

Common pwise.
The man is a guru, You say it is expensive. Their 1Q eps is 70k, Ow much do u think FBN 1Q is. Just wait until u see the prospectus.

You know the guy owns cellcom and i sense he might just be putting it up for sale to Zenith or the bank might just buy someting real good. Most of these banks are raising money now because we don't know the next policy that will come. Perhaps there will be embargo on all PO's.

Will buy it Big time.

@Father of 2
Most times its difficult to get stocks on the floor during TS. Tried that strategy but got onli little of them stocks except u get cross deals.

So Ow do go bout this

It surprising you say you can't get on the floor during TS.I know this can't be possible in the last few months. Go to proshare daily and read the dealers perspective.You'll have insight into net bids and offers and you'll see right now,PHB,Zenith,Wema are on offer.FCMB used to be on offer,but its now in transition and heading for bidding gradually.It'll be lifted soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

I greet you my bro,

I need some cool advice here and it is urgent.

I just got a loan of N1,500,000 from a bank and expected to pay back as soon as possible.

I want to use this amount for high speculation in the market.

Too many things going on in my mind and I need serious advice on how to benefit as soon as possible.

What options of stocks do you have, looking at short turnovers and taking into consideration entry and exit windows, timings, rumours and news.

Thanks a lot cause I know you'll help out.

@ololufemi,

What's the repayment time frame?. Answer ASAP.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
Thanks Allcorrect,

Jim the dream Ovia is the man of the moment and his PO is going to blow up the , The guy has always delivered in terms of PAT, Asset base, Share appreciation, dividend, etc.

look at the results they declared. if not for the technical suspension placed after the 5% appreciation on that day, the price would have been comfortably N53.

He recently bought a telecommunication compny; Cellcom which he named Visafone.

This telecommunication company runs will run its infrastructure on the banks own infrastructure.

The bank and the telecommunication firm will use the same mast within the bank premises so he needs not pay for the cost of building new base stations and infrastructure.

Zenith is the next big thing in the banking industry and I advise, no matter how little you have, buy the PO.

Always remember Zenith is in your best Interest
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Fatherof@

3 Months but I would want to make as much profit on it as possible

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jdizzy(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2007
wanaj0:

Well sent a mail to Susan this morning and got a response. Sent the comments to her verbatim and she asked for the names of the people concerned to be sure that she actually got the mails. Like I said before I last heard from her on Wednesday last week. This was her response:

Kindly send the details of the client given the complains to be sure the mails were received.

Regards

Susan

I agree with Wanajo, Afrinvest is pretty good customer service wise. Well, at least my account officer in PH is.
Whenever, I first signed up a few months ago, their emails would go directly to my Yahoo Bulk mail folder which I delete without checking. So I thought they were not communicating with me either. Resolved the issue by adding every employee that I deal with to my address book
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Fatherof2,

Bro still expecting a response from you. I hope you havent forgotten me oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof@

3 Months but I would want to make as much profit on it as possible

Thanks

You're a strong man.And its good.
My own real FatherOF7 used to tell me "No venture No success".
Now, i love Banks.They're guaranteed money. I advice you split the cash in two (N750k each) to spread your risks.
I'll recommend UBA and Oceanic for the very very short term along with FCMB for the (shortmedium term).
For UBA and Oceanic, just wait a little bit till about wednesday/Thursday or Friday.I'm expecting a small drop from both of them before we enter the month
of December.Debtors will make their interest payments and will like to offload something before month ends.History tells me prices are always high during the middle of the month.If UBA can make a drop to about N51-N53 and Oceanic to about N28.00 to N29 at least, then go for the attack.Fair values for UBA and Oceanic post announcement of Fullyear results are N67 and N36 respectively and these amount to 25% gain on the above listed entry prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2007
@father of 2                                                                
               pls could you tell me if Fidelitybank will do well because i bought it with ur revealed strategy, while it was on ts, and when will they lift their ts because they came into the market bf fcmb, pls i,m expecting ur reply soon, there seem to be inflation at the moment, it,s probably why most of these stocks are going upward anyway i seem not enjoying it as most of the coys i bought from are on ts like sterling bank, wema, fidelity bank. etc.
[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2007
@father of 2                                                                
               pls could you tell me if Fidelitybank will do well because i bought it with ur revealed strategy, while it was on ts, and when will they lift their ts because they came into the market before fcmb, pls i,m expecting ur reply soon, there seem to be inflation at the moment, it,s probably why most of these stocks are going upward anyway i seem not enjoying it as most of the coys i bought from are on ts like sterling bank, wema, fidelity bank. etc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by senetee(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hello Pple,

On the Afrinvest issue, i think their services are ok. My mails to Susan are always replied sooner than later(Unlike the folks at Lead Capital).

Although i just started using their services, i think my few orders to them were executed quickly. Well, until they do otherwise, i think i would recommend them.

Well, that is my opinion about Susan and Afrinvest.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2007
FatherOF2:

You're a strong man.And its good.
My own real FatherOF7 used to tell me "No venture No success".
Now, i love Banks.They're guaranteed money. I advice you split the cash in two (N750k each) to spread your risks.
I'll recommend UBA and Oceanic for the very very short term along with FCMB for the (shortmedium term).
For UBA and Oceanic, just wait a little bit till about wednesday/Thursday or Friday.I'm expecting a small drop from both of them before we enter the month
of December.Debtors will make their interest payments and will like to offload something before month ends.History tells me prices are always high during the middle of the month.If UBA can make a drop to about N51-N53 and Oceanic to about N28.00 to N29 at least, then go for the attack.Fair values for UBA and Oceanic post announcement of Fullyear results are N67 and N36 respectively and these amount to 25% gain on the above listed entry prices.

@Fatherof2,

Hmm, mind yourself ooooo!!!.

Always put a caveat at the end of your stock picks ' this advise is my personal opinion; if you require professional advise ,consult your stockbroker'.

or else, some people here will take it hook line and sinker ooo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
senetee:

Hello Pple,

On the Afrinvest issue, i think their services are ok. My mails to Susan are always replied sooner than later(Unlike the folks at Lead Capital).

Although i just started using their services, i think my few orders to them were executed quickly. Well, until they do otherwise, i think i would recommend them.

Well, that is my opinion about Susan and Afrinvest.

I know my account manager at leads, no send me - emails never get replied.

However , I order online and my trades are executed pronto.

Infact they sold my crusader higher than the price I quoted!

As far as my deals are executed , I do not have a problem.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2007
osazeet:

@father of 2
please could you tell me if Fidelitybank will do well because i bought it with your revealed strategy, while it was on ts, and when will they lift their ts because they came into the market before fcmb, please i,m expecting your reply soon, there seem to be inflation at the moment, it,s probably why most of these stocks are going upward anyway i seem not enjoying it as most of the coys i bought from are on ts like sterling bank, wema, fidelity bank. etc.
I suspect i am one of those that sold the fidelity to you grin grin grin
NO fear sha, i bought much earlier this year and have made a lot on it, thats why i sold.
sterling depends on the merger details.
u shouldnt fear on wema too, i only see it inching upwards.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2007
yodiyokun:

@Fatherof2,

Always put a caveat at the end of your stock picks ' this advise is my personal opinion;

True talk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mee25(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2007
Please is there any body in the house that has any experience with Meristem as a broker? I am about opening an account with them. Pls lets share.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2007
yodiyokun:

@Fatherof2,

Always put a caveat at the end of your stock picks ' this advise is my personal opinion; if you require professional advise ,consult your stockbroker'.

I assume you're NUMBER 1 on the LIST.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2007
yodiyokun:

@Fatherof2,

Rightly said.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Fatherof2

Thanks a lot Fatherof2. I am grateful.

Its been said that : The higher the risk, the higher the returns. I just realised that since I have access to take this facility, why dont I do that instead of these small funds one invests.

The higher the investment, the higher the returns on investment.

I took this risk and hope it reaps goodies for me bountifully.

Like you said, I be strong man oh though I no strong reach you.

You get strong liver. Buy on rumour, Sell on News

@All

Access did 4.97% today and result still not out. What happens when the result comes out.

Firstbank still climbing up steadily.

Fatherof2 was right. His risk has paid off.

3 gbosa for the man

gbosa, gbosa, gbosa
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2007
@mee25
[quote author=mee25 link=topic=31554.msg1719270#msg1719270 date=1196085442]
Please is there any body in the house that has any experience with Meristem as a broker? I am about opening an account with them. Please lets share.

[quote][/quote]

The last time I looked(which was this morning) this company was not listed on the current list of registered stock brokers with the SEC. Meristem registrars however is listed.

http://www.sec.gov.ng/brokerdealers.htm
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2007
damoche07:

Rightly said.

NUMBER 2 on the LIST.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Yodiyokun, Damouche7,

This man has delivered to us at nairaland. Look at the Insurance sector, Access and First Bank which are still climbing up.

I am joining his train with my N1.5 million.

Its leaving the station soon.

I am with you Fatherof2.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.