Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821009 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2008
Happy New Year ALL

Just Checking.

Father of 2 Hope you are seeing WAPCO.

Well, the market is upbeat.

If you are still waiting for a train to join, join Diamond and Cappa and Dalberto.

NEM will approach the market this year. They will likely reach 6.00 before doing that.

First Bank will be the bomb. Just watch out.

When the market cools down, you can get bargains but for now, enjoy the BULLISH run.

Still away on leave.

See you at the TOP
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2008
wanaj0:

Happy New Year ALL

Just Checking.

Welcome back my guy,how your spirit?.

Na you i just blame for that wapco.I be no wan mention the name of the stock that day na.
From that day see wetin happen.
I just leave wapco.The train be wan jam me with the takeoff.
There're beta fish to fry now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2008
@All,

What's the share price for Skye Bank public offer?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Fatherof2,

Yes baba.

Just curious

The market seems to be on a hot run. Is this due to PFA funds being pumped in .

This market beats my imagination/expectation though I am loving it.

I know you have the keys to the clue.

Baba remember when Wapco was criticised about its result. I hope sey people don see.

Thats the wonder of the Nigerian Market.

Thanks a lot. Indeed grateful
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Yes baba.

Just curious

Baba remember when Wapco was criticised about its result. I hope sey people don see.

Somehow I expect the profit takers to knock some sense into the market real soon. Nothing beats the greed of an investor when there is room for profit taking. I dropped off the Wapco train today. I am happy enough.

For me, this is a very beautiful period to offload all those good stocks from late December. Almost all have passed the 30% mark now in less than 2 weeks. Unic has done 75% since Novemver and BetaGlass has done 65%.

I don't intend to stay so long in these trains until they make a u-turn back to the depature point though I don't expect any one to return to pre November prices grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2008
Access bank is on an exceptional run too, closed on very strong bid. Results I believe are due next week.
I've exited though. 25% is good enough for me. Though I expect Access to get to N28.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2008
Happey new year all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2008
oshkosh:

Access bank is on an exceptional run too, closed on very strong bid. Results I believe are due next week.
I've exited though. 25% is good enough for me. Though I expect Access to get to N28.

Good. So I hope my offer would have been picked up today after 29% gross grin

Just like you, I don't want to be greedy and wait for some miraculous results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Yes baba.

Just curious

Just like Kpineo dey doubt i go take out some good money from Eterna in a few days.I'm already 10% richer.
But i hope you heeded my advice on exiting oceanic today.
This bull run started too early on many stocks.I expect some dampening next week.
It'll soon be time to start returning PHB cash back to issuing houses.
Nothing last forever, a slight correction will come and then bring out all your weapons for a new preemptive strike.
If anyone has made their margins now,take your cash and hold.Its bad being caught in spreadsheet money.
Right now my legs are weak,i've been jumping in and out in the last 3weeks.
But the next 4months na fire months.The time to make as much money as possible.
I don go buy foam to soak all the juice from this place.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Guys

Find attached the Orient petroleum PP documents.

Gurus - dissect for us please

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DV9X89I
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2008
thanks wanajo!
I really wanted UNIC last week, but broker didnt get and since then its done like 15% maybe, sigh I better cancel my order at this rate and hold onto my money till openings arise in next few weeks, as profit takers pounce.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Fatherof2,

Its my email. Thanks a lot Baba.

Indeed grateful. Got another email, just in case

Thanks a lot.

Looking at UBA and I think it might be good to make an entry now. Just want to check their closure date.

Are you aware of it.

Thanks a lot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2008
wanaj0:

Happy New Year ALL

Just Checking.

Well, the market is upbeat.

If you are still waiting for a train to join, join Diamond and Cappa and Dalberto.

NEM will approach the market this year. They will likely reach 6.00 before doing that.

First Bank will be the bomb. Just watch out.

When the market cools down, you can get bargains but for now, enjoy the BULLISH run.

Still away on leave.

See you at the TOP

Thanks for checking father of all  wink wink wink. Please do more often. Your contribution/opinion is highly respected. See you at the topmost top!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2008
Happy new year to you guys! It’s been a privilege learning from you guys. You guys have been so brilliant!  By the grace of God, it would be NEXT LEVEL/TOP LIMIT for you guys in the business of stock trading this 2008 - 25% profit would be yam this year. Na next level/top limit - 50% above for you guys esp momentum traders this year, amen  cool cool cool cool

Hmm! It’s brilliant to see peeps aggressively moving to the next level from fundamental analysis the koko to technical analysis. Nice one! It shows progression though! For me this year, it’s about more about sentiments better understanding of the mkt psychology to pro-actively know when the next sentiment would show up – my NEXT LEVEL  – no amount of fundamental analysis or BUY signals from RSI, MACD, Stochastics, Fibonacci etc  would have pre-emptively signalled the start/end of those crazy price rallies we witnessed last year -AP (lately).

The koko to me is the market sentiments coupled with simple momentum indicators not the Stocha-wetin etc – the feel good/new blood/new funds factor – Insurance Stocks lately; the me too/follow me/sympathy factor – lately AP vs Oando, Conoil etc; the ibeji (twins) factor - Intercontinental vs GTB (now prematurely heading towards N40/45 target just a month b4 yr end); UBA vs Zenith etc, the bottomed-out/bouncing back factor stock – UNTL lately; along with the end of yr/quarterly timing to mention but few. Note, the post TS run sentiment is not working any more – paradigm don shift away from that trite market sentiment!

From the above causal links etc, the koko is pro-actively knowing where the next sentiment would show up so as to pre-emptively take positions and not just watch (like a passenger) - or ejaculate prematurely (ala Wanajo) out of a potential rally. Need to ride some of these crazy price rallies with big volumes to the max this yr, man, if you get my drift! Not talking about the normal/25% one week up & down price rally. The crazily big ones that show up from time to time – the last yr’s over 100/200 percenters (just within one quarter) - Afroil; Afribank; Livestock Feeds; Dunlop; Nahco; FCMB ; Fidelity Bank; Costain; AP etc. If you can pro-actively and patiently find at least one or two to ride on per quarter with seriously concentrated volume, you are made for the year, man!! Anyway, nuff said!

Wish you all a safe and happy investing this 2008!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Fatherof2,

Once this frenzy is over this week and UBA's closure date is next week, the rush for UBA will start.

Stocks I exited today

Oceanic which was bought at 28

FCMB which was purchased at N15. The one at 17.45 still dey

Standing firm in PHB with 35,000 units and waiting for TS to be lifted. With PHB, aiming for N35

Thanks a lot Baba.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Its my email. Thanks a lot Baba.

Indeed grateful. Got another email, just in case

Thanks a lot.

Looking at UBA and I think it might be good to make an entry now. Just want to check their closure date.

Are you aware of it.

Thanks a lot

Very aware, UBA is good now.Very good. Q1 will give it a nice spur.Have some under my wings.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2008
no_shaking:

Happy new year to you guys! It’s been a privilege learning from you guys. You guys have been so brilliant! By the grace of God, it would be NEXT LEVEL/TOP LIMIT for you guys in the business of stock trading this 2008 - 25% profit would be yam this year. Na next level/top limit - 50% above for you guys esp momentum traders this year, amen cool cool cool cool

Hmm! It’s brilliant to see peeps aggressively moving to the next level from fundamental analysis the koko to technical analysis. Nice one! It shows progression though! For me this year, it’s about more about sentiments better understanding of the mkt psychology to pro-actively know when the next sentiment would show up – my NEXT LEVEL – no amount of fundamental analysis or BUY signals from RSI, MACD, Stochastics, Fibonacci etc would have pre-emptively signalled the start/end of those crazy price rallies we witnessed last year -AP (lately).

The koko to me is the market sentiments coupled with simple momentum indicators not the Stocha-wetin etc – the feel good/new blood/new funds factor – Insurance Stocks lately; the me too/follow me/sympathy factor – lately AP vs Oando, Conoil etc; the ibeji (twins) factor - Intercontinental vs GTB (now prematurely heading towards N40/45 target just a month before yr end); UBA vs Zenith etc, the bottomed-out/bouncing back factor stock – UNTL lately; along with the end of yr/quarterly timing to mention but few. Note, the post TS run sentiment is not working any more – paradigm don shift away from that trite market sentiment!

From the above causal links etc, the koko is pro-actively knowing where the next sentiment would show up so as to pre-emptively take positions and not just watch (like a passenger) - or ejaculate prematurely (ala Wanajo) out of a potential rally. Need to ride some of these crazy price rallies with big volumes to the max this yr, man, if you get my drift! Not talking about the normal/25% one week up & down price rally. The crazily big ones that show up from time to time – the last yr’s over 100/200 percenters (just within one quarter) - Afroil; Afribank; Livestock Feeds; Dunlop; Nahco; FCMB ; Fidelity Bank; Costain; AP etc. If you can pro-actively and patiently find at least one or two to ride on per quarter with seriously concentrated volume, you are made for the year, man!! Anyway, nuff said!

Wish you all a safe and happy investing this 2008!

Laugh wan kill me oh.
Happy Newyear oh. I hope you get that killing rally.
Did you get FCMB that day?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Aptistock peeps,

Men, you guys dey try o with this uploading stuff. I salute u na well well. But sha, for this our 9ja market, even when RSI/MACD etc dey give u correct BUY signal, the almighty broker go say ha! it’s not afailabul o! or na crossing- over trade or under the counter black market trade etc.

With people’s experience of last yr’s bullish run and their preparation for this yr's eagerly anticipated bullish run ma ko ja mi olugbala, to see stocks buy for correct price now, you go cry wen; even the next best one, you no go see shege. Besides, not until we have market makers (where you can buy and sell instantaneously), the use of TA to max profit from trading is quite limited. Anyone calculated the RSI for AP? o ma ja scale big time/the scale go blow up big time!  grin grin grin grin

I'm luving this thread!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2008
no_shaking:

@ Aptistock peeps,

Men, you guys dey try o with this uploading stuff. I salute u na well well. But sha, for this our Nigeria market, even when RSI/MACD etc dey give u correct BUY signal, the almighty broker go say ha! it’s not afailabul o! or na crossing- over trade or under the counter black market trade etc.

With people’s experience of last yr’s bullish run and their preparation for this yr's eagerly anticipated bullish run ma ko ja mi olugbala, to see stocks buy for correct price now, you go cry when; even the next best one, you no go see shege. Besides, not until we have market makers (where you can buy and sell instantaneously), the use of TA to max profit from trading is quite limited. Anyone calculated the RSI for AP? o ma ja scale big time/the scale go blow up big time! grin grin grin grin

I'm luving this thread!!

hahahahahahahaha,
i'm crying here.
Everybody move before the real bull run this year.hahahaha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

Laugh wan kill me oh.
Happy Newyear oh. I hope you get that killing rally.
Did you get FCMB that day?.

Ha! Fada! Baba ke! Na special greeting for you o! No shaking for this year! Yes o! I did get FCMB, but will be exiting soon!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Fatherof2,

Thanks baba and my email still remains teetall2002@yahoo.com or babatundetaiwo@gmail.com

Preferably babatundetaiwo@gmail.com

I check this one regularly

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Thanks baba and my email still remains teetall2002@yahoo.com or babatundetaiwo@gmail.com

Preferably babatundetaiwo@gmail.com

I check this one regularly

Cheers

Y don't u modify your maill address using at instead of @ and maybe spacing it? Spammers go bombard you tire
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
@all, Bigjay01, Man jiro

I've finally been able to upload the popular stock data (NSE.zip) into Metastock. I initially installed Metastock on a Windows Vista Machine running MS office 2007 but now installed it on Windows XP/Office 2003 machine for it to run smoothly. I also did the following

1. Reformat the Volume column of the spreedsheet as General
2. Saved the NSE file as CSV(MSDOS)
3. Used the downloader in Metastock to convert/import the new NSE file
4. The resulting metastock data were grouped into folders alphabetically i.e crusader, cadbury etc are stored under "C" folder
5. You can then open the securities in Metastock

Rgds
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
no_shaking:

Ha! Fada! Baba ke! Na special greeting for you o! No shaking for this year! Yes o! I did get FCMB, but will be exiting soon!

I hope you're not exiting everything oh.Just take out profits made since the low price you may have bought at N17.45.
E go go down again and rise.Remember 9 months dey come for am.
Just take out the profit and reinvest in a cheaper guy like Diamond.
Diamond wan do 6 months soon.
Or you can wait small for the FCMB to fall and plough the first profit back before its 9 months.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2008
@bigjay01,

I've sent you an email, hope u got it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2008
The bulls are back with a bang!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2008
koksieboy:

@bigjay01,

I've sent you an email, hope u got it.

replied, hail me abeg
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Ololufemi,

Did you receive my e-mail. If not, check your yahoo box, I sent a mail to you today.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2008
bigjay01:

replied, hail me abeg

I'm yet to get your response, can u pls resend?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2008
My People, First Bank Vex me no be small,
Finally, I just heard that 29.6% of my PO application was honored, Imagine they held up to such a big amount of money when boys where clearing in the secondary market, that is it for Public offers, i don clean my hand pata pata, I am not investing more than 250K into any PO.

BTW - does anyone know how the allotement for First Bank was done?

@ Pumping - regarding the NNSE.csv data, i have been archiving it myself from last year April - and i just converted it to that format for Aptistock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2008
Does anyone feel oceanic will still experience a price surge?Lost N1.02 today.expert views all welcomes ASAP.

Which stocks are highly recommended by the experts?

Where is the future of Oasis insurance in 4 months from now?

Lastly does anyone has any info on the prosposed ETB pp,pls lets have the details?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
bigjay01:

@Guys

Find attached the Orient petroleum PP documents.

Gurus - dissect for us please

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DV9X89I

Thanks for sharing this  grin. I'm VERY interested. Will most likely participate.
ON the plus side; the board seems to be a good mix of technocrats and "clean(er)" politicians. Having a state govt hold a 5% stake is also a good thing. Means the govt won't be out to frustrate you. A PE of 2 and dividend yield of 25% is CRAZY.

Downside: no history (plant takes off in 2009), very little to no growth expected once the plant takes off, no NSE listing anticipated any time soon means no exit opportunity.

I think my decision hinges on how much progress they've made on gound (anyone know?), but I'm leaning toward throwing a couple % of my folio at them. Expect 100 to become 1000 if/when they list and hit the forecast. Otherwise, u can collect N25 dividend (per N100 share), till further notice.

Bigjay: u da man!

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.