Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,202 members, 7,839,098 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817052 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:32pm On Jan 03, 2008
I think this bullish run is about to fade away for a few profit takers to do a little dance this early in the year.
The momentum traders are advised to keep cash ready for a pounce as things move south.

Like someone said earlier, UBA make a good buy at the moment.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toluman: 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi friends,
i am happy to be online to post on this forum. Please i don't have much time. let me go straight to the point. I am here to inform you that a friend of mine make $400 from this sites am about to reveal to you.

He is a forex trader. but he made his money by visiting this two sites am about to give you. I can tell you that he made the $400 for the first time he has been trading forex by visiting this sites.

www.forexdetails.info
www.forexexpertarticle.com
please visit this sites if you really want to make it in forex.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ pumping, easimoni, i know you guys have access, if we exit tomorrow, WHAT THE HELL DO WE BUY?? looking at diamond or even UBA ,MAKE UNA CONTRIBUTE ABEG. cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Savylanre, i feel your pain about the little allocation, that is not even the bad news about PO s, i think it is their lack of care in fastening the process thereby tying peoples money down for ages while other guys are having a party at the secondary market. Its hard to stomach, meanwhile, i will buy my next PO after the next two years.

Maybe by the the regulatory bodies must have gotten their acts together.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2008
invisible!:

I think this bullish run is about to fade away for a few profit takers to do a little dance this early in the year.
The momentum traders are advised to keep cash ready for a pounce as things move south.

Like someone said earlier, UBA make a good buy at the moment.

Been studying last yr's momentum to see if a trend arises; 2007 started on a bullish note and the bulls ran unabated till valentine's day (awon boys needed money for flowers mybe?). The NSE index did not flatten out till mid-march.

Plot the RSI for the NSE Index in 07 and you'll see what I mean. You'll also see an intersting trend develop in the 2nd half of 2007: a bullish week, then a few days of "calm", then a bearish week. 6 such cycles showed V V clearly in the second half of 07 on an NSE Index RSI plot.

UBA is a good buy. Wonder why the institutions have not moved in yet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Shigidi, why not try an insurance stock, they are lifting up to a level before they start their round of POs. I still think many of them will do a fifty percent in Q1 2008.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2008
shigidi:

@ pumping, easimoni, i know you guys have access, if we exit tomorrow, WHAT THE HELL DO WE BUY?? looking at diamond or even UBA ,MAKE UNA CONTRIBUTE ABEG. cry

Got out of Access today, bought some UBA already. Will buy more if my cash balance is significant. Still think the bears are a couple of weeks away.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2008
easimoni:

Thanks for sharing this  grin. I'm VERY interested. Will most likely participate.
ON the plus side; the board seems to be a good mix of technocrats and "clean(er)" politicians. Having a state govt hold a 5% stake is also a good thing. Means the govt won't be out to frustrate you. A PE of 2 and dividend yield of 25% is CRAZY.

Downside: no history (plant takes off in 2009), very little to no growth expected once the plant takes off, no NSE listing anticipated any time soon means no exit opportunity.

I think my decision hinges on how much progress they've made on gound (anyone know?), but I'm leaning toward throwing a couple % of my folio at them. Expect 100 to become 1000 if/when they list and hit the forecast. Otherwise, u can collect N25 dividend (per N100 share), till further notice.

Bigjay: u da man!

Is this not the same Orient pp that was only 5% subscribed the last time?  I have not read the prospectus yet, but I am curious as to what has changed between then and now.  If institutional investors did not find it exciting then, what has changed now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2008
@easimoni, baba my respects! But dont you think some other poeple will be stuying that last year trend and are goading us in to belive the same trend patterns and just sweep the carpets off our feets at the last minute?

My two penny ooo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ all, does any body know where orient petroleum has its site? I can go there and give us all a sitation report.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2008
shigidi:

I got out of Access today. I am heavy into UBA already but it is the only stock I'm still considering to buy at the moment short term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2008
Access bank having made the kind of profit they declared last time will be hard pressed to sustain the tempo, this will mean that we may see a 'large' profit next time and folks reentering with their returned money can easily push the stock to 3ound N35.

I will hang on my access for now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2008
But i am still surprised at a bank like UBA, they are still losing steam in the middle of a bull run?
Are we sure there is not more to this than meets the eye?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2008
Happy new yr folks,
@ No shaking
Are you Tuface abi sound sultan or the Plan, boyz love the rhymes, Have u thot of using it wink?

@All some good news from my reading
In this first quarter watch some insurance stocks, niger, royalex.
UBA is the only 'free' big five bank and its up for grabs join now, Zenith will run afta the PO.
The NSE is defying trends because of a sudden awareness of the market.  So RSI, MACD signals etc are screeching, easimoni However i believe it will cool down by April.
Nig german wants to join CAP however its not alone even DN meyer/berger might be joining, Any takes on Nestle, vitafoam and gsk Am beaming in on them,
After some good research enter each stock heavy, returns beta with larger volumes well don (fatherof2)
Lastly, these are my suggestions please,
Happy investing
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Gees, did you just mention Nestle? My broker was telling me to buy some today, but you may know better than he does, so spill the beans man.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hmmm
There is a higher interest in the market which started in mid 2006, I woke up from like August last year, found this forum and in 5 months we have generated like 150 pages of data,
Banks are making profit in two digit billions, take position now cos there is a party, the question is where is it? I say almost all the sectors will see at least some growth, Banks, insurance, building materials,
If UNTL is still traded then the market is hugly sentimental i'll enjoy it oh,  my two pence take too is that this trend who knows might take a year to normalize, See AP was so disappointed in them dumped the stock and now its done 200% every day 5%.
So what more can we say, Take position take the 25% (will drop it to 20%) and base line NEVER loose money,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
I don talk am before say all these technicalities dey cause me headache, so i go just siddon dey practice common sense investing, will see how i do in half years time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2008
i really wonder how many longtermers still remain for this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Teaman(m): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hi, everybody
Happy new year to y'all.

Please, can anyone give me information about Dangote Flour mills IPO that was traded sometime around September

last year? I bought the shares then and was expecting to see it quoted on the daily stock exchange updates on

nigerian dailies. Could anybody please enlighten me on what s going. I am not really well grounded on stock market

investments. I only buy major IPO's here and there on the advice of people. Expecting a reply please.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2008
invisible!:

@ Gees, did you just mention Nestle? My broker was telling me to buy some today, but you may know better than he does, so spill the beans man.

Invisi,
Nestle has been rising for 5 years consistently quietly making money for its investors so much that there is a huge price gap bw it and its peers in the same industry and country.  As a fundamental (long term) investor my money is safe in Nestle, I see it as a First bank of the food and beverages sector,
It will pass 350 naira except the come to the market,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

Its now a mix man,
Why leave money in zen if it will drop from 60 to 40 naira and take 6 months or a year to rise back to 60 naira.
Take the profit may be with 1/2 of the units then reinvest if u so like them. Its fun, I guarantee that u are enjoying yourself,
Hope you have not been burnt badly Infact i ask share the burnt experience with us. If you havent then share that of a friend and base line
NEVER LOOSE MONEY, because I dont intend to loose any,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Fof2
Please recommend book(s) on Technical Analysis (TA) one can read?
I think have asked you about this b4, if nothing no worries am just trying to learn abit more,
The NSE is definitely heading toward there if not takers will move it there if not how will teachers of TA make money
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2008
wanajo I believe your exit price for NGC before was N28, are u still exiting?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2008
Geees:

Hmmm
There is a higher interest in the market which started in mid 2006, I woke up from like August last year, found this forum and in 5 months we have generated like 150 pages of data,
Banks are making profit in two digit billions, take position now because there is a party, the question is where is it? I say almost all the sectors will see at least some growth, Banks, insurance, building materials,
If UNTL is still traded then the market is hugly sentimental i'll enjoy it oh,  my two pence take too is that this trend who knows might take a year to normalize, See AP was so disappointed in them dumped the stock and now its done 200% every day 5%.
So what more can we say, Take position take the 25% (will drop it to 20%) and base line NEVER loose money,
Cheers

You can't imagine the interest in the stock market.Every friend i met this holiday was talking about stock market within 2mins of our discussion.
Two i had not seen for like 7years fired me with stockmarket talk within the first one minute after exchanging greetings.
There are so many people ready to pump all into NSE this year.
There'll be massive growth.This is just the time to make as much as possible before it starts getting to saturation point some years from now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

Na you cause am!  grin tongue
invisible!:

@easimoni, baba my respects! But don't you think some other poeple will be stuying that last year trend and are goading us in to believe the same trend patterns and just sweep the carpets off our feets at the last minute?
Usually, a strategy works less and less with time. Ultimately it won't work anymore and we'd say it's an effieent market. NSE has a looong way to go. Still quite a few inefficiencies to profit from.
Geees:

@Fof2
I think have asked you about this before, if nothing no worries am just trying to learn abit more,
The NSE is definitely heading toward there if not takers will move it there if not how will teachers of TA make money
Cheers
Technical Analysis of Financial Markets by John J Murphy is supposed to be the bible. Got myself a copy and it's pretty easy to follow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2008
invisible!:

@ all, does any body know where orient petroleum has its site? I can go there and give us all a sitation report.

This article says it is situtaed in Nsugbe-Umuleri, on the eastern bank of the Anambra River in Anambra State.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3950

hispy99:

Is this not the same Orient pp that was only 5% subscribed the last time? I have not read the prospectus yet, but I am curious as to what has changed between then and now. If institutional investors did not find it exciting then, what has changed now?

Good question! When was the previous PP? I assume the difference now could be linked to actual construction that should be ongoing. EPC contracts have been signed and maybe invisible will tell us how far they've gone. With bricks on the ground, Institutions may be swayed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2008
All,

Bulls, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by manc(m): 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2008
@samstone4

Thank you Samstone for the info about Transcorp's registrar. Thanks also for the advise to hold on if I can. I will and do hope that things will change. In the mean time I will followup for the certificate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2008
Geees:

@Fof2
I think have asked you about this before, if nothing no worries am just trying to learn abit more,
Cheers

Dear gees,
  ah sorry if i missed that question earlier. i don't think i've seen that question before oh.
Trully i don't have any book on tech analysis.But i know someone who trully has.
EASIMONI is his name.He's always surrounded by books.i like has posts and i know he has a book sitting next to him now.
I've just been in the NSE for quite some years now.As an engineer i've devised my ways of spotting goodies and detecting
sharp trends.i've mentioned some earlier and they don't fail.
Didn't you notice many sold some Access today (Thursday).It should make itself available again before the result related bull run.no result came out today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

You can't imagine the interest in the stock market.Every friend i met this holiday was talking about stock market within 2mins of our discussion.
Two i had not seen for like 7years fired me with stockmarket talk within the first one minute after exchanging greetings.
There are so many people ready to pump all into NSE this year.
There'll be massive growth.This is just the time to make as much as possible before it starts getting to saturation point some years from now.

go to www.esnips.com , you can get most of John's book there , use the search engine to search for stock market, buffet warren anything you might have learnt on this thread, RSi , metastock name it and you can download the e copy , ethically , i dont know if it is right , but it is free
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2008
@Gees

You see what i was saying,my post came late. i knew easimoni had something next to him.see his response few posts before mine.
Click on his profile and you see him carrying four books on each of his sides.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2008
Where is this uk guy em, Temmie10 i think.
its been long since i see the guy name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.