Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821019 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ ALL my Ogas
in the forum wishing you all a Prosperous new year, and especially to my personal persons, @Easimoni, Shiqidi, Temmie10 wetin dey hppen now i never hear from you since, i know all is well

@Easimoni,
i am thinking of bailing out of Betaglass 2moro, cause i have reached my Take Profit point  at 24 and will not like to overstay my wellcome, i was hoping on getting into UBA before i miss the train, whats your 2cent on that

@ shiqidi i will not mind to hear from you about this, u know say na u make the stock scarce
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2008
My people - chei

Olagbara ooooo!!! ha, you no dey rest.

All returned from holidays with renewed momentum!!!!

Quietly following all discussion ooo.

Pumping - I saw your email oo, No vex I will reply you, you know I appreciate your insight.

My people , I dey lament everyday why I sell my crusader oooooo, see me see trouble!. But I did not sell my law & Union.

Anyway sha, Some of us hope this momentum will ease up next week.

Easimoni help me beg Leadcapital to buy me UBA ooo, since last week na everyday I put in order - nothing ooo. For just small number of units o!!!.

God dey!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2008
Happy new bull year run shine your EYEZ!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Gees,

Most times, the loosers chart is usually more important than the gainers chart for me.
I compile the list of consistent loosers from monday to Thursday for two to three weeks,look at them critically and determine who is more
likely to start a new round of profit making.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ess: 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Gees,

Most times, the loosers chart is usually more important than the gainers chart for me.
I compile the list of consistent loosers from monday to Thursday for two to three weeks,look at them critically and determine who is more

I bow for the Father chei!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2008
Thanks Fatherof2, Easi, and Tiwa,
Will dig in again esnips?
@Yodi
My friend cleaned out a huge profit Jan 07,  no rest yet may be in May,
Happy new year
Like i keep teasing we need the female intuition, it does go a long way. grin

@WWendy hmmm just a comment, BGL are smart guys, and good players in the NSE in my comparison style they are like the UBA of the Nigerian big stock market players

FatherOF2:

@ Gees,

Contrarian,
Thanks too
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Gees,

So on the other hand, the chart of consistent gainers for 2- 3 weeks may soon be on the loosing streak. -- AP don defy that one.

Meanwhile I will keep that strategy in my black book for use at a later date, I doubt that will work now when everything is in green.

@Easimoni, I have borrowed that John Murphys book

Its huge oo, but I will read it sha - no shaking.

As someone of old will say "no knowledge is lost"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2008
People it is good to have a full house again. I see say una don spend all una profit this Xmas break and awon boyz n babes wan start to hustle again. Bring it on!!
@ Easimoni, interesting perspective you have there on the analysing the NSE index. I do the same myself but unlike last year, this year will be a bit different. The funds available for injection into the market will almost be double that of last year hence I don't want to use last year as a guide to this year but more so a safety factor of when to withdraw. This year I have drank cement so I have the stomach for the most turbulent waves. Wetin I do wey I no go fit buy the next NACHO for market sef abi na me sin pass for this world. Last year we had the Pension funds, Foreign funds etc. This year with the lull in the western markets, the NSE is ranked 4th or 6th depending on the site you search in terms of 12 month return on investment (109%) with that in mind the more western asset mgmt firms have turned up for the party early and this can be confirmed by the early start of the bull run. Just watch this, it might just be sustained till the 2Q. Secondly the funds have been made available to the insurance firms and where are they putting it? yes you guessed right in the stock market. If you had read the prospectus of all the PO from the insurance firms you'd see that they don't know the first thing about monee management. They mostly talked about branch expansion employment of more marketing personnel etc. Except those with strong financial banks backing them (WAPIC) most will play the market so more funds competing for stocks in our NSE. I had earlier posted a write up on this but only easimoni responded. Now that we seem to have a full house again I will welcome consenting or differing opinions on this.

Abeg who fit tell me the next NACHO/AFROIL. This year I don dedicate funds wey I wan LOSE. I wan las vegas the cash for the NSE. All these firms that do this NEVER have good fundamentals!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2008
yodiyokun:

So on the other hand, the chart of consistent gainers for 2- 3 weeks may soon be on the loosing streak. -- AP don defy that one.

Meanwhile I will keep that strategy in my black book for use at a later date, I doubt that will work now when everything is in green.

@Easimoni, I have borrowed that John Murphys book

Its huge oo, but I will read it sha - no shaking.

As someone of old will say "no knowledge is lost"

You think say many of these insurance companies go make am past next week.I go see whether buyer dey for moon.
Watch out for 10 straight profit making days.If they pass 10,they'll loose steam by 11.
What you can do in this green period is to just be extracting your profits only as we're approaching reporting season.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

You think say many of these insurance companies go make am past next week.I go see whether buyer dey for moon.
Watch out for 10 straight profit making days.If they pass 10,they'll loose steam by 11.
What you can do in this green period is to just be extracting your profits only as we're approaching reporting season.

What does reporting season have to do with anything?

My point is after you extract all your profit - what will you buy? thats my point. I dont want to sell the remaining stock I have and then sit on 100% cash ke?

I doubt it as well that the insurance will make it past next week - Niger insurance already started losing above 4% yesterday and also lost today - so the loosing has already start.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

But we are in a bull market primarily defined by a period when stock experience higher highs (peaks) and higher lows (troughs) so if this applies then if they gain 10 straight then would still lose 11 straight? Unless we are not in a bull market then I'd have to check into a hospital for them to prevent me from having a heart attack. All my positions have been taken in anticipation of this. I haven't bought into any PO for the past two years and I haven't really been proved wrong (except for NAHCO) if you play your cash well you'd see that you would have done better with the funds in the secondary market. The only one I bought cos of lack of opportunities at the time was 1st bank and boy was I thought that I should have stuck to my policy. As per the banking sector, would be interesting to see how this plays out. If all the speculation on UBA surge is right then I might just be squatting in zenith pending when the TS is called off. But it is hard to see if the Year end is in Sept. Unless they change the dividend pay out amt like they did last year. If not then the insurance still is the best bet
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by skintom77: 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
nice thread as there is no need for alarm as regards to  those stockbroking firms that will not be able to need the new capital base this is becuase shares bought under their auspices is not really in their custody per say.

they are lodged in your cscs account which is with the central securities clearing system(more like the official registrars of the nse)

the only way you can lose your funds is if you have cash in your stockbroking account.and if you are still not confident that your present stockbroker will scale the capitalization hurdle just request for a transfer of stock form.

i do busiines with cashcraft and csl

cashcraft for my growth stocks and short term investing beacuse i do most of my trades online  and csl for all my value stocks and long term investment

cheers!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2008
Gurus,

I bought Dunlop at  5.55 and ABC Transport at 3.95  . Do you advise to stay put or bail out?

I also bought Wapco at 65.98, hold on or sell?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2008
Universal Insurance PP.

I know this was sometimes last November , but my broker just told me that he can get me the minimum unit (100,000) at 1.50k per unit.

Is it good or bad idea and any info about this company.

I have to decide sharp sharp,

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

Where is this uk guy em, Temmie10 i think.
its been long since i see the guy name.
baba ibeji
happy new year,
i was on holiday
jus got back today,
fortunately the market is currently on our side grin
regards to all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2008
grabdaloot:

People it is good to have a full house again. I see say una don spend all una profit this Xmas break and awon boyz n babes wan start to hustle again. Bring it on!!
@ Easimoni, interesting perspective you have there on the analysing the NSE index. I do the same myself but unlike last year, this year will be a bit different. The funds available for injection into the market will almost be double that of last year hence I don't want to use last year as a guide to this year but more so a safety factor of when to withdraw. This year I have drank cement so I have the stomach for the most turbulent waves. Wetin I do wey I no go fit buy the next NACHO for market sef abi na me sin pass for this world. Last year we had the Pension funds, Foreign funds etc. This year with the lull in the western markets, the NSE is ranked 4th or 6th depending on the site you search in terms of 12 month return on investment (109%) with that in mind the more western asset mgmt firms have turned up for the party early and this can be confirmed by the early start of the bull run. Just watch this, it might just be sustained till the 2Q. Secondly the funds have been made available to the insurance firms and where are they putting it? yes you guessed right in the stock market. If you had read the prospectus of all the PO from the insurance firms you'd see that they don't know the first thing about monee management. They mostly talked about branch expansion employment of more marketing personnel etc. Except those with strong financial banks backing them (WAPIC) most will play the market so more funds competing for stocks in our NSE. I had earlier posted a write up on this but only easimoni responded. Now that we seem to have a full house again I will welcome consenting or differing opinions on this.

Abeg who fit tell me the next NACHO/AFROIL. This year I don dedicate funds wey I wan LOSE. I wan las vegas the cash for the NSE. All these firms that do this NEVER have good fundamentals!!!

I share your view on this. In fact i alluded to this in two of my last posts as regards the DEMAND that is pushing stock prices north. I compared the last year's trend with this year and definitely bull run has taken off earlier and i believe it will be sustained because TOO MUCH MONEY are chasing the limited listed firms.Though there will be occasional  profit -taking but there will be more abnormal  profits to make. Futher i noticed a trend in the last 6 weeks , every week there is a feature or analysis in Business Day about  1 or 2 listed firms and guess what , the share price rallies heavily afterwards it was the case for NEIMETH , OANDO , C I LEASING and
this week FCMB .I think most participants help the bull run to become a self-fulfilling prophecy as every player tries to take position ahead of the next man,maybe we all read the same information. Bottomline, the demand will continue to push price up and the trend will last as suggested by easimoni. methinks this is going to be a watershed year and we should restrategize for the changing NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2008
Temmie10:

baba ibeji
happy new year,
i was on holiday
jus got back today,
fortunately the market is currently on our side grin
regards to all

Hi Temmie,

Happy New Year! How was ur trip? Many thanks for the other time, really appreciate your kindness. The market is currently looking very interesting. What's ur take?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2008
[quote author=yodiyokun link=topic=31554.msg1817941#msg1817941 date=119939

I doubt it as well that the insurance will make it past next week - Niger insurance already started losing above 4% yesterday and also lost today - so the loosing has already start.

[/quote]

Niger ins case is a bit different, the firm result was no good , 16% change in PAT over same period in 06 don't look good considering the industry results. Though inevitably profit-takers must descend.

see dealers perspective attached[quote]

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2008
temmie10 ,good to see ur back, happy new year. lets make this money grin.
invisible, i love the insurance secor but i cant predict the fundamentals yet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2008
@kpineao

abeg make you post the bid/offer position for today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2008
shigidi:

temmie10 ,good to see your back, happy new year. lets make this money grin.
invisible, i love the insurance secor but i can't predict the fundamentals yet.
Hi Temmie10 just asked of you about 2hours ago only to come back now and see you on,welcome back sir
@shigidi, my Oga you no wan answer my question?
please is it right to bail out Betaglass at 24 cause thats my TP target
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2008
@hispy99 and all

no vex for the delay. work was hot today so no chance to read the thread. only to get home to meet 3 pages from yesterday night. correct bull run on here sef.

@Father of 2
Access still on bid, greed wan set in oh. selling tomorrow is a guanranteed 26, but might just wait till monday. whats your take.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2008
sorry i don click beofre attaching.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2008
@all

NSE doesn't understand technical analysis from what Aptistock is showing me here.

@Father of 2
More blessing!

Wey dat man wey dey always look crystal ball sef. make in come predict small
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2008
lovely folks lovely am reading the comments and wish i had 26hrs 2 spend 2 hrs extra online grin

@Grabdaloot would suggest 3 sectors
2nd tier stocks
Healthcare: evans
Chemical and paints:dn meyer/berger Nig german etc
May be ABC transport
My reasons those are sectors that with a few things put well in the country will rise well also expecting good results this year.
Pls who are your brokers that ensure you make the short term sales, how are their services?,

Welcome Temmie and Shig, good to have you guys back

@loma depending on the state of your liver i would say keep all.  HOwever ou may exit all except WApco the price is going somewhere north only that i dont know how far,

@Yodi
I dey your side after selling what next? After prancing around taking all the profit abeg settle the cash somewhere fundamentally ok, this suggestion goes to grabdaloot too even though i fell you have done that already If not all at least a percentage,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:32pm On Jan 03, 2008
yodiyokun:

What does reporting season have to do with anything?

My point is after you extract all your profit - what will you buy? thats my point. I don't want to sell the remaining stock I have and then sit on 100% cash ke?

Yodi,
I don't agree with your reference to Niger Insurance. it is losing because their 3rd quarter PAT of 457m fell short of expectation. What is 457m in 9 months for a whole Niger Insurance when common STACO de make 609m in 9 months?

No so I think am
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2008
stanchuks, get out of beta glass now. if nafdac vex thats the end for them, uve made good morning, even though i dey pain me i couldnt get, but get out nad get diamond.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2008
sorry stanchuks i meant good money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
Shig, Koksie, Gees, stanchuks
Wish u all a very prosperous year,
We predicted that the market would rise to current levels a few months ago, remember all the thesis and antithesis about insurance on these pages
i would only bail out if i had issues with the stock at its price or the stock met my target for that stock and i decided to take profit
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2008
Two important results were missed by the NSE movers and shakers because this forum was kind of recess late December grin grin

Beta Glass - Excellent
Niger Insurance - Woeful

Even after the release of Beta Glass results, it was still easy to get. Cool 30% in 2 weeks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

I am now convinced that you are running the NSE from your bedroom se grin grin grin Your insights dey too bam.

This week has been an excellent profit extraction week and all from stocks bought in the last 2 weeks. Chei!!!

I have promised myself to remove all greed from my vocabulary. I no dey board for any company on the NSE.

What did some folks call it? Cycling in and out? I love the phrase jo!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2008
pumping777:

Two important results were missed by the NSE movers and shakers because this forum was kind of recess late December grin grin

Beta Glass - Excellent
Niger Insurance - Woeful

Even after the release of Beta Glass results, it was still easy to get. Cool 30% in 2 weeks.

na so so tori my broker tell me till the BETA Glass train pass me, wanted to get in at around N16-N17 2 weeks ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.