Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,162 members, 7,845,823 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817911 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2007
@savvylanre, kinda of deja va

would leave it a that wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 1:58pm On Jun 01, 2007
Savvy explain yourself now, what in my posts made you to think like that ehn, we are talking stock you are talking couple , 4 real.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2007
Make una leave tmoni, if he makes 10 trillion dats is his problem. Maybe he is onli trying to encourage piple on the benefits of investing but make the guy no overblow am. Maybe he has access to loan facilitiy or maybe he is fronting for Dangotes and Obj's or even Otedola

Maybe we should ask the guy which kain work im dey do.

By the Way what is the meaning of [size=8pt][16/size]TMONI
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2007
Allcorrect:

Too much Money
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2007
Allcorrect:

Make una leave tmoni, if he makes 10 trillion that is is his problem. Maybe he is onli trying to encourage piple on the benefits of investing but make the guy no overblow am. Maybe he has access to loan facilitiy or maybe he is fronting for Dangotes and Obj's or even Otedola

Maybe we should ask the guy which kain work im dey do.

@allcorrect
Whats the beef about ,bros?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ Gurus - FrankIriri, Windywendy - @Everyone
BTW - i don't think we have heard from windy in a while

Does anyone know why Intercontinental bank fell today after announcing a PAT of 104.7% and proposed 35k dividend per share?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2007
SavvyLanre:

FrankIriri, Windywendy - @Everyone
BTW - i don't think we have heard from windy in a while

Does anyone know why Intercontinental bank fell today after announcing a PAT of 104.7% and proposed 35k dividend per share?
Please give the stock a break. We need to ignore the noise at times. Mind you the market for stock is a competeitive one and attention may have been drawn from the performance of intercontinental by other good stocks. In fact if you had not drawn my attention to it my main focus was how to get money to put in Oceanic before it his N30.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2007
SavvyLanre:

My hypothesis is that the market is disappointed at the v. low dividend pay out of 35k (65K if you include the interim dividend). It's too low for a N30 stock! Also, Naijas seem to be addicted to Stock Splits (which we deceptively refer to as Bonus Issues). If you don't declare a "bonus", people get disillusioned with your stock (See WAPCO).

Anyway, for those willing to ignore dividends and bonus issues (like me and I suspect Frankiriri), Intercontinental is now a MUST BUY. I suspect some savvy buyers will soon step in and send the price up. The drop in share price should be short-lived. I project N45+ by year end. Does anyone want to lend me money?  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by virginus: 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2007
if u want to know about go amiyin investment
www.specialpresentation..com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mishoo(m): 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2007
@all
Guys i dont know how you'll interprete this, but i really think the insurance sector is the hotcake now. at least for short time investment because of their capitalisation et al. just check few days age and see the arte they are all moving. I have this haunch that they can quadrupplke your money evenm before the banking sectors double it. and the have small prices.
Just my little experience sha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2007
my guy, i am a student ooooooo,

i dey read book and go school and just go lucky wink,

i want to go with HITCH'S (savvylanre) question, wheres cheexy and windy,

miss their posts
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2007
@Tmoni,
I am right here. You guys are funny grin. cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:09pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ easimoni
Its too early to say the market is disappointed. But I feel you. we operate on the bsame wave lenght. Bonus is almost irrelevant to me. Its only the naija penchant for it that makes me factor it into any decision that I take,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:42pm On Jun 01, 2007
See my comment on bonus issue on my blog

http://frankiriri.bloggerteam.com/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2007
@tmoni
I am even praying for intercontinental to fall so that I can buy more
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 12:27am On Jun 02, 2007
@frankiri,

a bad habbit i have is to attach setiment to my investment,
i categorically do not like UBA and Intercontinental bank so i always look the other way,
i hv to stop that and always invest for the money,

might hv a look at it if i get some money,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 1:43am On Jun 02, 2007
Mutual Benefits Assurance Financial Report for year ended 31st December 2006. See attached document

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijaking1: 3:15am On Jun 02, 2007
@Oga Frankiriri

thanks for the info on ur blog. can we have more of that? begininng to make more sense now.
UBA appeared on the ticker some days ago, after 2 months. When do u think they will send their certificates to those who bought the IPO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by muriitijan(m): 7:04am On Jun 02, 2007
Nairalanders,I wish to start investing in stocks by setting aside #5000.00 out my peanut monthly.I need advice and probably the address of any reliable stockbroker who would not mind my small investment.Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2007
Trustyields securities 2/4 Customs Street Lagos will not mind. I use them but i think you have to increase your stakes monthly
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 9:57am On Jun 02, 2007
@tmoni
Men u must b a big boy student with all dat dough. cheesy Well no beefs at all. Like ur style. At least ur name is not tif moni, just too much money.

So Intercontinental is onli giving a final div of 35k, well no wahala, but with the 5 forign investors dat price isnt coming down, the price might come a little lower cos as there is no bonus trust nigerians they will sell, but this bro is buying big time.

@savvylane
The trend in this country even after bonus are given, after the adjustment the prce tends to start rising especially if it is limited in supply. So Nigeria is a different planet.

Trying to see if zenith will hit N60-65, sell it and wait for Dangote flour.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2007
@muritijan,
as cheexy rightly pointed out there are brokers that will collect dat, and even there are some that will collect even N100 from you provided it can buy a stock.

There are numerous of them, iknow of Alliance Capital Mgt on Marina by the GPO and Core Trust on Awolowo Road, just to name a few.

Just start, all the best
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2007
Thanks Guys - As i only started investing in Nigeria.
I was clueless - seeing the good result, and then the drop,
I drawed a quick PE, and by my calculation based on Yesterday closing price of N27.55, the PE=19.
Using PE alone for analysis, that bank is currently below the banking sector average which fluctuates around the 25 mark.

I think there is room for it to grow to at least N34 within the next 3months.

BTW - can you guys let me know how the bonus issue affects the trading behaviour in naija; and how one can factor it into decisions, My current biggest stake is in Zenith (1/3 of my current portfolio, if it rises to N60 then it would be 2/5). I need to know how to take good decision, in the event they do not declare a bonus issue.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wham(m): 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2007
[size=16pt]You Don't Have to be Rich to INVEST IN SHARES AND MAKE MONEY  [/size] by Kingsley O. Ologe.
Thats  the title of Nigeria's No1 book on investing in the Nigerian capital  market.

For all of you  in-house members interested in shares, just text "SHARES BOOK" to 08057999508   to receive the details on how to order this book(Mail order).

The book is available in Major bookstores in Abuja. It's yet to be available in Major bookstores and postoffices nationwide.

This book is very comprensive and easy to read. It would make all those big-big grammer they blow on the stock analysis pages  of  the dailies sound more like English

All you need to know about investing in the Capital Market in one book.

Call me on [size=16pt]08057999508[/size] for more details
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2007
@allcorect sir,

i no be big boy ooo,
see me as ur nigga, ur hyperthe nigga grin,

has anybody recieved their oceanic bank certificates?,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2007
SavvyLanre:

BTW - can you guys let me know how the bonus issue affects the trading behaviour in naija; and how one can factor it into decisions, My current biggest stake is in Zenith (1/3 of my current portfolio, if it rises to N60 then it would be 2/5). I need to know how to take good decision, in the event they do not declare a bonus issue.

A lot of investors who don't do their math (PE and EPS) erroneously believe that a bonus issue will increase the value of their portfolio. I know of several investors who are not aware that, on the day of the bonus, the share price is adjusted downwards to keep the value of your investment constant. People have told me "It means I have more shares". I try to tell them the value remains the same. But you know what, even though bonus issues add no fundamental value, Naijas love for it means that if you know of a stock about to issue a bonus, jump on it. Sell it before the bonus is issued. It might take you a long time to get your new certificate. I know of people who have been waiting for 2+ years for Conoil and Nigerian Breweries.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sharestalk(f): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2007
Do anyone in the house have information (not merely a wish) which indicates whether ZENITH BANK will or will not give bonus come their year end in June. There is divided opinion on this issue among members on the www.stockmarketnigeria.com site.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sharestalk(f): 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2007
@ EASIMONI
Thanks a billion for agreeing to analyse my stock position. I will revert to you soon. Enjoy the weekend!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2007
No one knows if bonus will be given at year end. If you know, it's called insider knowledge and it's illegal. Loose tongues often leak rumors about such and sometimes they turn out to be true. Buy a good stock, bonus or no bonus. as a matter of fact, I always pray that my stocks don't pay a bonus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2007
@ ALL,

just found this article. It says Intercontinental bank is about to increase it shares by 4.5 billion units as a result of the recent foreign investment in the bank. Not good. It also says they'll end up with 21 billion shares. They currently have 10.7b shares so I don't know how that math will work. regardless, maybe Intercontinental is no longer a buy.

http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/2007/05/30/intercontinental-bank-increases-shares-by-45-billion-units/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by muriitijan(m): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2007
@cheexy
Thanks.I am more than grateful for your response.I shall go to Trustyields on Monday to see what they have in store for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:55pm On Jun 02, 2007
naijaking1:

@Oga Frankiriri

thanks for the info on your blog. can we have more of that? begininng to make more sense now.
UBA appeared on the ticker some days ago, after 2 months. When do u think they will send their certificates to those who bought the IPO?
You are welcome. The thing is that between my 7 to 7 job and running the investment club and planning for the website and news letter that I am about to launch finding time to update my blog is something else

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.