Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815693 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2007
@ nakedwire
Yes you can change your address.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by flakom(f): 5:11pm On May 23, 2007
@ frankiriri and others

Can anyone tell me the contact details of first registrars.
I want to take up my right issues, not in Nigeria now and i'm being asked for my account number which i don't remember.

Thank you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:26pm On May 23, 2007
Their office is at Abebe Road Igamu. Download the PO form. You should find the contact details there. I am also sure that if you do a search you should be able to come up with a web address for them. Lastly you could also ask your broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 7:07pm On May 23, 2007
flakom:

@ frankiriri and others

I want to take up my right issues, not in Nigeria now and i'm being asked for my account number which i don't remember.

Thank you.

I seem to have same problem like urs, when i tried to go to the online form for the rights issue, i was asked for my account number and passwords , i don't really know what this means , could it be my cscs account number and passwords ? i need some help on this .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ijogbon(m): 11:33pm On May 23, 2007
@egoldman and Flakom
flakom:

@ frankiriri and others

Thank you.

First Registrars
Tel: 01-5456142, 015851418
They close shop at 2PM. undecided

@Frankiriri
Howz it going?
Was on the phone with Bajo yesterday and we were talking about this investment club/fund thing. Looking forward to talking with you soon.
Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 1:29am On May 24, 2007
@ijogbon,
what does Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit mean?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ribaman(m): 8:52am On May 24, 2007
@Cheexy
It means "To go boldly where no man has gone before". I am not a classical scholar, I am only trying to suck up to you so that my questions and queries would get attention from a guru like you grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 9:16am On May 24, 2007
greed got in for me, i did not sell access and it has been placed on technical suspension,

i hope they release their report during the public offer and give out a bonus, if not, wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:20pm On May 24, 2007
flakom:

@ frankiriri and others

The account number referred to is the account number on your share certificate.  This number is issued by the registrar upon registering your holding. So check your certificate if you have it. If you bought from the floor ask your broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:22pm On May 24, 2007
ijogbon:

@Frankiriri
Howz it going?
Was on the phone with Bajo yesterday and we were talking about this investment club/fund thing. Looking forward to talking with you soon.
Cheers.
I will be expecting your call
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2007
frankiriri:

The account number referred to is the account number on your share certificate. This number is issued by the registrar upon registering your holding. So check your certificate if you have it. If you bought from the floor ask your broker.

thanks for that info mr frank , i would be calling my broker right away .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ijogbon(m): 8:19pm On May 24, 2007
@Riba_man
Have you been reading up on me? undecided lol grin

@Cheexy
Doing - "Ad eundum quo ante nemo iit" is "Ad astra per aspera" but we can all do it together if we try. wink

@ThiefMoni
You go fear!
So 1 million no do you to reinvest in other stock abi? Anyhow, that the stock is on technical suspension does not mean you cant sell. Give us another excuse. Mr. Access.

@Frankiriri
As soon as I know when I'm flying I'll let you know.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by meetgiwa: 8:23pm On May 24, 2007
Can someone in the house share with us the eternal oil and gas IPO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by meetgiwa: 8:35pm On May 24, 2007
let discuss about penny stock too, anybody with any idea?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:33pm On May 24, 2007
@easimoni
am kinda new to all this shares stuff so what happens when they issue their bonus so it drops from 50 to what ? are we not loosing money by that way. Okay can i just sell it off once i've gotten the bonus before it drops then buy more of it so when it rises i'll be having more shares. does this sound sensible, thanks
also am yet to change my postal address can anyone give me an easier way of doing that than going to zenith registrars cause i don't have the chance to go there.
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 12:03am On May 25, 2007
@HOUSE
There is nothing stopping Zenith bank to reach 100:00 by december so just watch out the opinion express by pro share is for there own consumption yesterday it was 50:00 naira but today its trading for 50:12. cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 12:53am On May 25, 2007
I intend to get some more shares after buying the WEMA some weeks back.

Which one's can I buy on the 1st of June and on.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kenechi22(m): 2:31am On May 25, 2007
please also send me a stock brokers mobile no so that i cal him or her.I bought dangote sugar and Dunlop shares and i need to open a cscl account please help me out.gogetkc22@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 3:53am On May 25, 2007
nazzyon:

I intend to get some more shares after buying the WEMA some weeks back.

Which one's can I buy on the 1st of June and on.

It's not that predictable, you have to do some calcuation and keep your eyes on the papers. First bank is out now and if you can get Oceanic (i doubt).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pamit(m): 9:18am On May 25, 2007
I think insurance stocks are kinda affordable now. They have shed some weights, and look good for entry.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 11:14am On May 25, 2007
Well, guys, really got interested and fascinated byt his thread, I think this is wat we Nigerians need in order to be liberated from our financial mayhem. Anyway, am a novice too to this shares of a thing though I bought a thousand unit of the Oceanic shares last month. I had to buy cuz I was persuaded by my uncle. he got me to buy it through an agent he gt his from. But I must say I dont really know abt it. My problem now is how to monitor it, know wen and wen not to sell, get information abt it and stuffs like that. I mean am just like in a cross road, but I think with the help of fellow Nairalanders here, I can be liberated. Advice are awelcome from u guys. My email is enduremudiaga@yahoo.com if u would like to help me personally.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dom(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2007
please whats wrong with Platinum Bank Shares? it has just refused to appreciate. It it a goog buy? Im tempted to sell off the 5000 units I bought in frustration. pls advise. Again how reliable is cashcraft?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enolase(m): 12:07pm On May 25, 2007
With reference to Zenith Bank:

One of my clients asked about the fate of this stock:

My answer: This stock is not overpriced, pure and simple!

It is simply experiencing a lull because investors have their attention elsewhere.

Zenith Bank in the last quarterly result released to the market, had a fantastic increase in earnings per share, and this is still expected to increase at the end of the financial year.

Implication: in a market where rumuors of dividends and bonus issues drive share prices to record levels, a good earnings per share by a quoted company makes payment of dividends or bonus issues a strong probability. It also boosts investor confidence, leading to scramble for the shares at the appropriate time.

Please if you have Zenith Bank shares, hold them.

If you want to buy, this is the best time, because when it starts its price rally, it may go out of reach of many of you, or will be snapped up by institutional investors (who buy very large quantities) and then they will be unavailable.

Oceanic bank
To the guy who bought just 1,000 units of Oceanic bank, I have to tell you that you have missed out on a great opportunity to become really rich.

Analysis for Oceanic Bank

The subsidiaries of this bank are very viable and are doing very well. The bank itself is doing very well in terms of earnings and profitablity, and will increase its earnings per share this financial year. It is also positioning itself for the future by getting into joint ventures with Merryll Lynch and other financial bodies. These partnerships will enable the bank to get more profitable business and improve its financial position.

Then take a look at the volumes being crossed even now that the stock is still on technical suspension. You can see that it is only trading hundreds of thousands of shares, meaning that the stock is presently VERY SCARCE. The scarcity will even get worse when the suspension is lifted, because no current investors will be willing to sell.

ALl these factors will drive the share price of Oceanic Bank to DOUBLE the current value of N19.53.

This is another DANGSUGAR-like stock in the making.

UBA
For exactly the same reasons above, and by the strength of its current earning per share (which is even stronger than that of Zenith Bank), UBA will meet up with Zenith's share price and even overtake it possibly. UBA's shares are so scarce that it is even easier to wring water from a rock than get hold of UBA shares right now.

The Bible says that those who sow sparingly shall reap sparingly. It is very true even in the Stock Market.

Anyone who wants to reap very well from these hot stocks has to buy heavily, even if you have to borrow.

Guess what? Do you know that the wealthy borrow money to fund their projects, even stock acquisitions? They hardly use their money. shocked

Such in-depth analysis is what you get from my stock subscription site at http://www.nairastocks.com. I will keep you posted from time to time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by senetee(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2007
Good and knowleageable people on this investment thread,
biko, how do i get a CSCS account? Need replies ASAP . Merci
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by senetee(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2007
Ooops, forgot to ask, investment gurus whats your take on first banks current IPO? Can its price increase more than 100% in a year like others such as zenith?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IboMan1(m): 3:11pm On May 25, 2007
same questions i wanted to ask.
Over to the gurus.
Please respond.Definitely need that CSCS account too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2007
@ Frankiriri and ijogbon,
it seems like Dr Eteng (enolase) has beaten you to the punch and is advertising his investment club on this thread. I've followed the link and studied the info. There isn't much fundamental analysis available. I guess you have to subscribe to get that, cry  Lot's of success stories.

@enolase
If someone stands to make 40% on Zenith btwn now and Dec (I don't see Zenith rising above N70 based on fundamental analysis), why not advise them to buy a stock with much more upside? Don't you think there are other stocks with much higher upside? I do.

@senetee
When you go to open a stockbroking account, that's when you'll be required to open a CSCS account. Per your 1st bank question, you'll certainly make money buying 1st bank shares. But I am of the opinion that you won't see it triple like Dangote Sugar. Based on 1st bank's very poor profit growth rate of 25-30% (compared to 70+% for Zenith, Oceanic, GTB, ), I project N55 is a fair value by year end. Still a good return on investment. Like Dr Eteng, I bought WAPCO at 21  and sold at 70. You won't get similar returns on public offer. Even Dangote has dropped like a rock since peaking at 56
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by capital(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2007
I am vry new on this site and I love u guys discussion on stock market i will like to know more so as to kno how to invest my money profitably rather than just dumping my money in the bank. Plc u can write me on capitala@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:49pm On May 25, 2007
easimoni:

@ Frankiriri and ijogbon,
it seems like Dr Eteng (enolase) has beaten you to the punch and is advertising his investment club on this thread. I've followed the link and studied the info. There isn't much fundamental analysis available. I guess you have to subscribe to get that, cry Lot's of success stories.

@enolase
If someone stands to make 40% on Zenith btwn now and Dec (I don't see Zenith rising above N70 based on fundamental analysis), why not advise them to buy a stock with much more upside? Don't you think there are other stocks with much higher upside? I do.

@senetee
When you go to open a stockbroking account, that's when you'll be required to open a CSCS account. Per your 1st bank question, you'll certainly make money buying 1st bank shares. But I am of the opinion that you won't see it triple like Dangote Sugar. Based on 1st bank's very poor profit growth rate of 25-30% (compared to 70+% for Zenith, Oceanic, GTB, ), I project N55 is a fair value by year end. Still a good return on investment. Like Dr Eteng, I bought WAPCO at 21 and sold at 70. You won't get similar returns on public offer. Even Dangote has dropped like a rock since peaking at 56
What he has is not a club. He is simply offering investment advisiory services. Moreover there are millions of Nigerians out there and I am sure when push comes to shove I wont find it difficult getting commitment members.
The existence of IBTC does not prevent the Zeniths and the BGLs from doing their own thing. Its a big ass market out there
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:12pm On May 25, 2007
Gurus - FrankIriri, Windywendy and other upcomings,

Was there any news on Intercontinental today? What are your views on short/long term.

Whatabout Wapco?

Thanks,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 1:57am On May 26, 2007
Does any of the numerous companies in Nigeria have the policy of reducing the number of outstanding shares?

Please if there is, kindly, help me with their names.

Thanks in Advance
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ferugio(m): 4:40am On May 26, 2007
Here is the news we've been waiting for courtesy of Proshare. Let the fun begin!

Technical suspension Lifted on 3 bank stocks

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) today announced the lifting of the technical suspension placed on the shares of Oceanic Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc and Diamond Bank Plc.
Trading would therefore resume on these stocks on Monday 28 May, 2007.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.