Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (12172 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi / Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by pucho(m): 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2006
yeah Kanu never won the cup winners cup but he won the charity shield.
@loyika i agree the thread is not abt Kanu and davids. lets stick to the thread. by the way nice goal by drogba yesterday. the guy had a point sayin he was better than henry this Season but for him to say he has always been thats bollocks. Let him stop crying for respect and wait till season end.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Christino(m): 3:50am On Dec 21, 2006
@ anyone who cares to listen.

Drogba has scored 17 goals in 4 months (half season) please he has every right to brag about this, half-season wise and if things go on this way, you may as well swallow your guts against him and crown him PFA, BBC and woteva unbiased award you have in stock.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 9:50am On Dec 21, 2006
That was for shizzie a conditional statement!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by marlet01(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2006
Drogba has been okay this season no doubt. But he couldn't claim to be better than a Thierry Henry that has not even played much this season,

had it been the both players were active for their clubs and he was putting up this form and henry wasn't then no doubt i would personally declare him better, so the man should stop all this braging and shut his mouth up.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by superman(m): 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2006
: Christino

all of a sudden u are on it again , wonder why u gone dead for a while

thinkin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Christino(m): 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2006
Man, Harmattan season's always my worst. Hommie's asthmatic. It's just around d corner so it's been keepin me down, not usually online as before but i'm okay now. At least I can play in the Italian league for 20 minutes. grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by superman(m): 12:41am On Dec 22, 2006
hahahaha oh well never worri but for 20 mins hmmm abi na proper fitness test
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Christino(m): 1:02am On Dec 22, 2006
Before na 5 minutes, but now wey Cannavaro and Gattuso no dey Serie A, i still fit rough am, If Materrazzi like make him carry loudspeaker con yap my papa, i no go headbutt am, I go just pour werepe on top im neck at the subway before the second half - shikena grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by superman(m): 1:19am On Dec 22, 2006
haha
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by adelewa(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2006
grin bcous of some fluke goals dat he have score .let see him till the end of the season.in ur life dont ever compare both together hery is hery any day but drogba is drogba sometime. compare drogba with rugby 'players or with real betis:VOGEL. happy xmas
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by sil(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2006
Aya yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Here we go!

Drogba picked up Barclays award as the first player to score 10 goals

And Henry Arsenal star has claimed Barclays Golden Boot for last three seasons

How did you judge that

Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Abdblues(m): 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2006
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by superman(m): 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2006
this is how u judge

Friday, December 29, 2006

Diouf ranks Anelka above Drogba

SENEGALESE striker, El Hadji Diouf, rates Bolton team-mate, Nicolas Anelka, as one of the best strikers in the world.

After a slow start to his Bolton career, the Frenchman has sparkled in recent weeks and Diouf doubts that any other forward in the Premiership, even in-form Chelsea's man, Didier Drogba, could have made such an impact.

Anelka has had several stints in the Premiership throughout his career and has also enjoyed time in France, Spain and Turkey, and Diouf was always confident he would justify his £8 million price tag.

"Nicolas is one of the best strikers in the world and he is proving that here at Bolton," hailed Diouf. "If you brought Drogba here, or somebody else like that, maybe they couldn't do it.

"But Nicolas has done it here and at a lot of other big clubs. We don't have the money like Chelsea, but we do things well with the money we have - like buying Nicolas - and that's very important.

"He has a lot of confidence now, unlike in his first few games. He had just come in and needed to adjust to our game. He doesn't have to prove himself here. Nicolas proved himself in the Premiership at Arsenal when he was 17 years old.

"Everybody knows him in England, in Spain, all over the world."

Diouf has earned rave reviews for his own performances in Bolton's three-man frontline, and feels that is in no small part down to Anelka.

"I think Nicolas has helped to take my game to another level," Diouf explained. "We play well together - me, Nicolas and Kevin Davies. We're good team-mates and everybody is working hard to achieve success."
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2006
Anelka has/had always been better than Drogba, can that ever be in doubt, the quality strikes against Arsenal reminded all of how deadly he had been and also that his days are still far from over!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by superman(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2006
hahah they don carry enter 18-box oo! hah
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by djcrucifix(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2007
i am not surprised that he is saying things like this, maybe it's because he is on form and he thinks that he is going to be the top scorer of the premiership for the next 20 seasons but i still believe that anyday, anytime thiery''igwe''henry is a far better playee that didier.

djcrucifix
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by soliq55(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2007
henry > drogba

What an insult?
tHat diver saying he's beta than IGWE( the KinG)

Firstly I think drog is in the same category with players like bellamy, crouch, pauleta, Angel( aston-villa),Adebayor, gudjonsen(barca).

Henry is in the same category with players like Ronaldo(brazil), Shevchenko( not in his current form), Eto'o( The best striker Africa have ever seen),

I think drog will be a better diver in olympics than a footballer, because evry time he fall down like a woman.

A player like HENRY comes in every 100 years.
I have been watching football since I was a kid, and I can tell u all that HENRY is the finest player I have ever seen in my LIFE

Respect to the one and only King of Ashburton Grove.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by tayoccu(m): 10:47am On Jan 05, 2007
Drogba sayin he's beta than igwe is like sayin jeffers is beta than ronaldo. Igwe rules.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Pomoh: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2007
Pls dnt 4get dat dis arogant idiot called drogba can cast a spell on is new rival?come 2tink of it,adrie has many experience dan him wen it coms 2d champions legue but disface d goal keep sumtymes but ballom d ball into d air.i hate drogba alot cus he his a liar on d pitch.henry is 1 of d best scorer premiership as produce.dnt mind dat bastard his just swayin 4d fence.gunnars 4 lifeeeeeee!!!!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Christino(m): 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2007
@ Soliq

Why's point man Pauleta in the class of those guys listed there? shocked He deserves more respect that that!

Meanwhile you really need to clock 100 before deciding he's d best in 100 years, cos there's been Pele, Maradona, Zidane and other old all round players.

Check www.nobok.co.uk for old glories

you are right since you've been watching since childhood and henry's the best youve seen so far. grin

@ Pomoh

Drogba is using Ivory(Jazz) on Shevy, just like Ameobi booted shearer and Owen out only to have a stronger Jazzman in Martins grin

@ Tayoccu

This is pure beef, Drogba and Jeffers, Henry and Ronaldo! grin Haba, this one no good o shocked
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Christino(m): 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2007
To those who don't know much about Drogba enough to compare him with the likes of Jason Roberts, here you are:

2002/2003 Guingamp 16 goals from 26 starts
2003/2004 Marseille 30 goals from 43 starts
2004/2005 Chelsea 16 goals from 30 starts
2005/2006 Chelsea 16 goals from 29 starts
2006/2007 Chelsea 21 goals from 30 starts (midway through the season)

I think on this, we need to be objective when comparing him with the likes of Jeffers, e no proper at all. Meanwhile don't forget his bragging is only for the season so far, how can he dream of his records better than Henry's not possible that's attention seeking cool
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by otoidea(m): 10:06am On Mar 14, 2007
@topic

BLASPHEMY!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by ninja(f): 10:17am On Mar 14, 2007
drogba is crazy how can he say such a thing better than henri my foot he is truly deeply crazy . arsenal 4 life ! football is not about diving its about skills and great intelligence am sorry but drogba truly sucks!!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 10:23am On Mar 14, 2007
U guys shd just use ur brains and accord DD his due respect 4 once!! B4 u spurt bunkum has he not been beta than Henry dis season?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Razorr(f): 10:27am On Mar 14, 2007
Mr. Kit. Yes o. Please put your muppets in order before I bring out my big cane and start whooping asses! angry
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by otoidea(m): 10:29am On Mar 14, 2007
has DD gotten stomach, groin, neck, back, ankle et all injuries this season? ? grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Razorr(f): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2007
*Rolls eyes, goes down on knees and prays to God for patience.*
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by slimghost(m): 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2007
Drogba should be comparing himself wit players like Ogbeche,Makinwa,Gudjonsen e.t.c. i think he had a malaria when he made that statement.Onye ara
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by folahann(m): 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2008
That statement could be true right now

cos i rated Drogba over Henry as of recent perfomance

Didier Drogba !
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by nazzyon(m): 5:35am On Jun 26, 2008
The reason why he thinks he is better than Henry is because Henry did not have a good season in the last season.

He should not count on it the next.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by A40(m): 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2008
Drogba is a lunatic,Henry has a career that Drogba can only dream of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brighton Vs Liverpool (0 - 2) - On 12th March 2022 / Manchester United Vs Blackburn (2 - 3) On Saturday 31st December 2011 / Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.