Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (12167 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi / Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by salehm(m): 9:10am On Nov 27, 2006
Jey Gunners u guyz should not mind DROGBA i think he is still a JJC in the Premiership.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by SirKay3(m): 11:11am On Nov 27, 2006
The season is still in the early stages, so he should wait till the end of the season before he says anything.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by LoverBwoy(m): 11:22am On Nov 27, 2006
Kanu is better than Shevcenko grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by LoverBwoy(m): 11:24am On Nov 27, 2006
exu:

He is better than Henry.

Drogba is a much more versatile player than Henry will ever be.

Those who were fortunate enough to watch him when he was at Marseille will know that he was the talisman in, ironically, a Thierry Henry vein.

Now he plays as a target man, the focus of his team's offensive play, fending off defenders, winning headers and scoring goals.

My question is: we've seen Drogba play the Henry role but could Henry do what Drogba now does for Chelsea and Cote d'Ivoire?

p.s.
There's also the question Henry's temparement.  A problem Drogba doesn't seem to have.

wink it's all about now

actually the guy must be an illiterate to compare himself THIS season with a football game that was compiled over a period of time
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 11:41am On Nov 27, 2006
Is too early
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mukina2: 11:46am On Nov 27, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Kanu is better than Shevcenko grin

lmao!!! pls create this thread grin grin grin grin grin

or mikel obi is better than anelka angry cry
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by exu(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2006
Dearest Kitaun,

I've followed both Henry and Drogba's careers since their days in France.

You've dismissed what I said without actually saying why.

The sign of an educated man? I think not.

Please try again.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2006
You are the obvious illiterate and sound too confused, use ur brains well b4 spurting out rubbish here!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2006
@Exu, u appear the obvious uneducated one and sound too confused, use ur brains well b4 spurting out rubbish here! Loverbwoy made his point clearly, stop d innuendoes and clarify urself or keep mute, sir!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2006
kitaun:

You are the obvious illiterate and sound too confused, use your brains well before spurting out rubbish here!

Is too much now
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by marlet01(m): 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2006
This thread reads shit.
till Didier Drogba leaves this world he would never be compared with Thierry Henry,
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by exu(m): 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2006
Loverbwoy made HIS point- after you dismissed my valid reasoning without saying why.

Would you like to try again or are you happy to assume this 'point' (unfortunately large inverted commas don't exist on my keyboard) as yours?:

actually the guy must be an illiterate to compare himself THIS season with a football game that was compiled over a period of time

Come again?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mukina2: 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2006
haa people why now cry cry cry cry
kitaun pls pls pls pls its ok . .
exu ls guys it ok . .now

amodu you dont start you are nt exactly anyone's friend right now grin tongue
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2006
@Exu, oh i see! U actually went back to edit ur post to reflect u were talking 2 me when i tot it was loverbwoy u were on to, and still yet my initial posts still remain valid except u want to tell me u r suffering from severe amnesia or whatever, am sure u only watch table soccer as played in your 10-family populated village to be comparing a drogba at any time with henry cos of their roles in their team? Na nose u dey use watch ur badly-plastered colourless tv?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by justkunmi(m): 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2006
pls, spare each other the abuses.
wat drogba said to me was right.
he based his assumption on this season alone., and truely, hasn't he performed better than henry this season?? both in the EPL and in the champion's league?

henry fans should not bring sentiments into this issue. DROGBA HAS PLAYED BETTER THAN HENRY THIS SEASON/.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2006
You are l8 getting into this and virtually all have agreed on that but some dumbies are coming up with some marseille cum role theories that wont hold H20 anywhere in d world, such idiots shd keep shut!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2006
You are l8 getting into this and virtually all have agreed on that but some dumbies are coming up with some marseille cum role theories that wont hold H20 anywhere in d world, such idiots shd keep shut!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by TSpurs(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2006
Got too many Professors here, who ought to be at UNILAG teaching but always at Nairaland 24/7 showing off their CV's.
Illiterate/Literate. No comment.
Drogba/Henry
Going down memory lane. Victor Nosa Ikpeba teaches/lectures Henry in Monaco on how to lob the ball from right wing. henry was sold to Italy then problem start because his lecturer is not there.#
In Italy, he is on his own.
Problem started, he was sold to Highbury.
There he(Henry) met Ikpeba's twin brother  in Kanu, who teach him all the way to become a top-striker, then via French connection, Teacher-Kanu was sold BUT ITS OBVIOUS WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR HIM NOW.

Didier is an epitome of hardwork, energy and determination. From Mersille to Stamford bridge. HE WORKS FOR PEOPLE. He is never a shadow to anyone. Former Best Footballer in France has his own faults like DIVING, boasting et al.
He many not be as prolific as Thiery but at the moment, He  is the man of the moment. He help his defence and he works hard more than Henry Anyday.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by exu(m): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2006
I don't waste my time arguing with people who,

a) can't answer 'why' e.g. Henry is a better player than Drogba and here is why etc.

b) won't refrain from making childish insults

c) don't have the decency to format their text, or ensure that their English is grammatically correct- why should I waste my time trying to make sense of what you are trying to say?

Have a nice day.

p.s.
Why are you keen to defend Henry's honour? Is there something we should know?

p.p.s.
Just seen Mukina's profile picture- you're a very beautiful young woman.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by LoverBwoy(m): 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2006
Stop name calling folks!

Exu,

It just seems my virtual copy doesn't play as well as the Henry character. Although in real life, especially this season, I'm better than him."
from the article

the game is obviously not a reflection of the present season! so why he would compare his form this season with another player in a game that was made before the season is a bit duhh to me

and to that person that comes in here with a different username- you are a coward and a bit petty actually!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by TSpurs(m): 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2006
exu:

b) won't refrain from making childish insults

c) don't have the decency to format their text, or ensure that their English is grammatically correct- why should I waste my time trying to make sense of what you are trying to say?

Why are you keen to defend Henry's honour? Is there something we should know?

Abi o
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by marlet01(m): 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2006
i think maybe the thread writer needs to get his head examined,
i never knew what got into him in writing this hell of a thread, i doubt it if he was properly brought up cos even his spellings shows how dumb he is imagine him bringing up some stupid thread i quote "Drogba am better than Henry"
you should know better, grow up and stop all this rubbish you brought up in here. Bleep off
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mukina2: 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2006

Stop name calling folks!
abi o . . . . pls guys . . . .

@marlet no need to go there . . pls gaby posted what drogba said . .its not his fault . . its just that certain people take things for granted undecided
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by justkunmi(m): 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2006
i dont know why every thread on sports turns into an avenue for people to show how vast they are with cute abusive lines. .
cant we just have healthy arguement void of insults?? undecided
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mukina2: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2006
justkunmi:

i don't know why every thread on sports turns into an avenue for people to show how vast they are with cute abusive lines.  .
can't we just have  healthy arguement void of insults?? undecided

yes people lets stop this . . . .
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2006
Some will not allow that to happen
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by justkunmi(m): 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2006
i think u are one of them
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mukina2: 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2006
he's a major pest amodu . . .
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2006
Have you ever see me abusing anybody?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by justkunmi(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2006
even if u dont abuse, you make people abuse you, . . . grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2006
What makes you think so
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by nkenk(f): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2006
I HAD ALWAYS KNOWN THAT DROGBA OR WATEVEA GOT SOME TRICKS UP HIS SLEEVE.HOW DARE HIM COMPARE HIMSELF WITH HENRY.ANYWAYS HE HAD ALWAYS BEEN AWFUL ARROGANT AND PROUD 4 MY LIKING.ARSENAL 4LYF!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brighton Vs Liverpool (0 - 2) - On 12th March 2022 / Football Trial In Uk. / Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.