Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,847 members, 7,817,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos (39340 Views)

Niyi Makanjuola Of Caverton Is Behind Visionscape - Feyi Fawehinmi Investigates / "I Didn't Graduate With 3rd Class" - Tony Elumelu Reacts To Twitter User's Claim / How I Was Defrauded By Abiodun, Badmus And A Chinese Merchant (paypal Funds) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Brightgem(f): 7:28am On Jun 16, 2016
Tellemall:
The shop even looks pathetic inside of it. It looks like a forgotten corner store. Their sign is so... I can't believe anybody would not type their notices(colse, sice,tank).

Why are Nigerians dying to have an old Chinese baba put their stuff in a plastic? I mean, you guys are so offended when you should be happy they didn't let you in. Customer service looks low.

And why is the "investigator" putting up religious punishments? Like anyone cares about that.
Yeah there was going to be that someone who would attack the religious aspect. Read your post again and see how u ha nothing positive to say, its almost reflection of u. He has expressed his right to air his opinion, who cares if u care. Some do. Investigator welldone. If this started a war btw Nigerians and the chinese u would knw that this has gone a long way.

4 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 16, 2016
its a lie. they just typed this notice and posted it to save face on social media.. read it well and think hard. chineese ehn. #jes saying

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Husten: 7:29am On Jun 16, 2016
Nice work OP. Nigerian we shld verify b4 commenting........
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by galadima77(m): 7:30am On Jun 16, 2016
Thanks op for taking the pain to clear the air on this issue
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by oteneaaron(m): 7:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Wonderful!!!......

so fitting that the sign appeared just when our "invesgative nler" decided to visit ba??

Konitu.....

the sign was put after the topic hit FP yesterday.........

A Nigerian was harassed by the guard of Chinese "supermarket" abi na "super kiosk" and we all wave it away because of a sign ba??

call me paranoid.......

Deep in your subconcious.....you know what im saying is true.

10 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by kenkenny55(m): 7:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Tellemall:
The shop even looks pathetic inside of it. It looks like a forgotten corner store. Their sign is so... I can't believe anybody would not type their notices(colse, sice,tank).

Why are Nigerians dying to have an old Chinese baba put their stuff in a plastic? I mean, you guys are so offended when you should be happy they didn't let you in. Customer service looks low.

And why is the "investigator" putting up religious punishments? Like anyone cares about that.
seems u re high on tooth paste

2 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by nwadiuko1(m): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2016
op could be saying the truth.......op could be a tool for damage control though......anything is possible.... why didn't they explain these to the other guy that they denied access?

2 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2016
D34lw4p:
Very good. Some people will just write useless articles without knowing exactly what they are writing.

àI was also surprised to see that a Nigerian could be deny access to something like that.

Anyway, for blogging tips and tricks. Click Here To Read
Bro it happens. Im not surprised. Long ago there was a textile company in Katsina state the Chinese had a pooo and no blacks were allowed . In Kano there is Lebanon club and no blacks are allowed or given memberships..The Lebanese in Kano even have their mosques for them alone and a cemetry where they bury their own so Im not surprised really

5 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by cocaineaddict(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2016
must y'all moslems always include Allah(curse be upon him) in every of ur writeups goddamit

3 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by petkoffdrake2(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Good Nairalander.....

Meanwhile, read my signature to join our ROMANCELANDERS members....

FEMALES ACCEPTED MOSTLY!
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by comeandmarry: 7:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Dis na local corner store,Chinese are hustlers.our own no pass roadside, dirty market,kiosk,bq sales
But them still dey neat na,very soon broke girls wud flock there to start taking endless meaningless selfiew.
I be dey fell say na one very big mall, i no sabi say na I better pass my neighbor Street store.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by championeh(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2016
From the very moment i read this article, i knew it was incorrect. I have been in Chinese working environment and to a couple of their Cities, this had never happened, even for once not to talk of in Nigeria.

I advise we clarify information very well before spreading it!
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Boss13: 7:35am On Jun 16, 2016
When I read the story I knew it was false. Knowing how greedy the Chinese are, they will even open to ghosts. Hence, I didn't need to bother much.

The news might have been disseminated by a disgruntled competitor.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by fwwins(m): 7:36am On Jun 16, 2016
ADVERT and it worked
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by greatcheer(f): 7:37am On Jun 16, 2016
@ op sudnt ur investigative side also tell you that probably that poster on the gate wasn't there when the first man Aminu was denied entry, they chinese probably read his article too or were told and now did that
I stand to be corrected

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by logicab: 7:37am On Jun 16, 2016
izzou:

This is what the igbos call SHADE not even shop...
You mean SHED?

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by lucane: 7:38am On Jun 16, 2016
I beg to differ. I was on Allen avenue last week around 7pm and asked for a place to buy a drink of which a bar was pointed out to me. It was located behind the popular suya republic and it was Chinese owned .
They refused entry to Nigerians . the guards told me plainly that Nigerians were not allowed in.
Looks like this is the vogue, racism against Nigerians in Nigeria.
Must we wait till they put up signs lime dogs and Nigerians are not allowed in here?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Quelme: 7:39am On Jun 16, 2016
rapcy:
Two days ago, a young man who goes by the name Aminu G Idris claimed that a Chinese Supermarket in Abuja denied Nigerians entry. Today Mohammad Jamu took it upon himself to investigate the case. Here is what he has to say with photos:

"Today I became a journalist!! how I saw the news trending about a certain Chinese Shop at Gwarinpa that refuses Nigerians access posted by Aminu G Idris and copied by Aishat Aishat Alubankudi immediately an investigative spirit took over me,
as I approach Gwarinpa I was filled with excitement of seeing a shop in Nigeria that denies Nigerians entry, at the gate I saw a writing that clearly took me aback and instantly quenched my anger, it was an advice to costumers from the shop owners after being attacked by armed robbers a couple of days ago and they were merely taking precautions so they advise only an individual at a time not group of persons out of fear and tremor of what they experienced in the past, poor them being foreigners in another mans land. They were friendly on entering the shop and to my surprise other Nigerians were trickling to see for themselves too. My advise to those celebrating the story please verify contents before posting to the social media your action alone can destroy someone's Business in Islam we call it (Shaidar Zuhr ) Bearing false witness and Allah has prescribed severe punishment for those who thrive in it"
must you guys bring your religion into every matter.? Islam is indeed a problem to this beautiful world of ours...

2 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by buksaylor001: 7:40am On Jun 16, 2016
DankemzI:
After the news went viral they anticipated the turnout, that's why they put up that notice.

Did the initial reporter go with people?
Why was he turned down?

Maybe he looked like a tout and was suspected to be a thief and then turned back-
Dress well when you go to some places.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by livinbygrace: 7:40am On Jun 16, 2016
ENIMONEY:
its a lie. they just typed this notice and posted it to save face on social media.. read it well and think hard. chineese ehn. #jes saying

The supermarket came into limelight on Tuesday when a resident of the area took to the social media to allege that he was denied entry into the premises because of his skin color.
The management denied that the decision to ban Nigerians from entering the premises was not geared to discriminate between tribe and colour.
It, however, said Nigerians are allowed to enter the supermarket individually and not in groups.

The supermarket, which is situated at 9 Bauchi Street, War College Estate, Gwarinpa, is a residential building turned supermarket and without a name, only a Chinese inscription on the fence and a traditional Asian lantern hung on the gate.
The gateman at the premises, who gave his name simply as Maxwell, said for more than one Nigerian to be allowed entry into the premises, they would have to be accompanied by policemen.
Justifying the management’s decision, one of the attendants, Samuel Azenda, a Nigerian, claimed that the supermarket was robbed by Nigerians in May during which more than N2.5 million was stolen.

Azenda said until May, the gate was always open to all and sundry.

It was learnt that the owners of the supermarket were currently not in the country as they were said to have been flown to China for medical treatment as a result of the injuries sustained during the robbery.

The supermarket attendant, who also claimed to have been beaten during the robbery, said about five personnel were beaten after a group of four armed men entered the premises in May to rob.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by izzou(m): 7:43am On Jun 16, 2016
logicab:
You mean SHED?

Hahahahahahahahahahah
Exactly
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by laparry12(f): 7:43am On Jun 16, 2016
This issue was already on a radio station here in Abuja before I read it on nairaland. This infor pasted might hv bin an after tot. my thinking anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by OnuohaEDOZIE(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2016
rapcy:
Two days ago, a young man who goes by the name Aminu G Idris claimed that a Chinese Supermarket in Abuja denied Nigerians entry. Today Mohammad Jamu took it upon himself to investigate the case. Here is what he has to say with photos:

"Today I became a journalist!! how I saw the news trending about a certain Chinese Shop at Gwarinpa that refuses Nigerians access posted by Aminu G Idris and copied by Aishat Aishat Alubankudi immediately an investigative spirit took over me,
as I approach Gwarinpa I was filled with excitement of seeing a shop in Nigeria that denies Nigerians entry, at the gate I saw a writing that clearly took me aback and instantly quenched my anger, it was an advice to costumers from the shop owners after being attacked by armed robbers a couple of days ago and they were merely taking precautions so they advise only an individual at a time not group of persons out of fear and tremor of what they experienced in the past, poor them being foreigners in another mans land. They were friendly on entering the shop and to my surprise other Nigerians were trickling to see for themselves too. My advise to those celebrating the story please verify contents before posting to the social media your action alone can destroy someone's Business in Islam we call it (Shaidar Zuhr ) Bearing false witness and Allah has prescribed severe punishment for those who thrive in it"
...una don hear am?!!!!!!!Some people are just out to destroy people's business out there!!!!
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 16, 2016
Nice But I think that was a save face act after the news went public

2 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by nnamdibig(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2016
I believe OP & I also believe the person that said he was denied access. The Chinese I know will do that and retract their actions when they discovered that the guys is not taking it likely. Again the notice in front of the store looks new(for something that happened in early May). It was designed to try & cover the trash they did. The notice looks less than a week old. They are only reacting to what the guy complained.

4 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by JOAN11(f): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2016
thanks for this investigation
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Etinosajay(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2016
@rapcy

I'm curious about a certain line in your write up. The shaidar zuhr law.

So who carries out this severe punishments? Human or God?

Isn't this another case of giving impetus to zealots and fanatics to unleash mayhem on people they decide has flouted such law?

I'm writing this and imagining that Omar mateen (the Florida shooter) may have been motivated by a similar law.

3 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by chukxie(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2016
Dear Op:
Thank you for taking it upon yourself to verify the authenticity of the "racism" story surrounding the supermarket in question, and thanks for bringing your findings to us. I appreciate it. And I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it, too. God bless you.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by tete7000(m): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2016
If our government lies, why are we surprised ordinary Nigerians do the same? They are only emulating Lie Mohd and the rest of his team mates.

2 Likes

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by akanbiaa(m): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Thread closed
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by histemple: 7:55am On Jun 16, 2016
callmelanner:
Good, why haven't the bill on social media been passed anyway? It will save a whole lot of us some stress!

The bill was DOA because we already have the "CYBERCRIME ACT" which takes care of issues like this and others contained therein.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by persius555(m): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Sometimes, i wonder if social media is a good platform for africans especially nigerians. Anyting goes and everyone is ready to swallow anything, hook, line and sinker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Addmoney Loan Goes Wrong / 5 Ways To Make N5000 A Day In Lagos / Femi Otedola Spotted At The Geneva Motor Show (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.