Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos (39341 Views)

Niyi Makanjuola Of Caverton Is Behind Visionscape - Feyi Fawehinmi Investigates / "I Didn't Graduate With 3rd Class" - Tony Elumelu Reacts To Twitter User's Claim / How I Was Defrauded By Abiodun, Badmus And A Chinese Merchant (paypal Funds) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 16, 2016
callmelanner:
Good, why haven't the bill on social media been passed anyway? It will save a whole lot of us some stress!
Senate has cancel that bill ever since, there's no such bill again.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by phenase(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2016
That's good to know. Please investigate a news before you share.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by jacy67(f): 7:58am On Jun 16, 2016
Tellemall:
The shop even looks pathetic inside of it. It looks like a forgotten corner store. Their sign is so... I can't believe anybody would not type their notices(colse, sice,tank).

Why are Nigerians dying to have an old Chinese baba put their stuff in a plastic? I mean, you guys are so offended when you should be happy they didn't let you in. Customer service looks low.

And why is the "investigator" putting up religious punishments? Like anyone cares about that.
Read before you rant
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by anonimi: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2016
callmelanner:
Good, why haven't the bill on social media been passed anyway? It will save a whole lot of us some stress!

There is no need for any social media bill that can be MISUSED by our public servants and civil servants to GAG us all from having free, unhindered access to information about our own society, nation and country. Don't you agree
LIBEL laws already exist for aggrieved people to rely on for FALSE information about them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098851_109602783_jpeg1fa095d1e8964ccd66363d37dc6c81b3
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by henryadex(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2016
D34lw4p:
Very good. Some people will just write useless articles without knowing exactly what they are writing.

I was also surprised to see that a Nigerian could be deny access to something like that.

Anyway, for blogging tips and tricks. Click Here To Read
\

Simple tenses should be learn't by nairalanders because NL has gone international, the above person who wrote 'could be deny' as the first to comment doesn't speak well of our grammatical prowess 'could be' must be followed by past tense OK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by mmsen: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2016
Good job OP for checking the story.

But I have to say that that's not even a proper store.

I don't know what is wrong with you people where you would want to shop there in the first place. There are much better retail options in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by doskie(m): 8:02am On Jun 16, 2016
Oche211:
The only reason why u see any chinese in Nigeria is to make money nd Nigerians are known to be heavy spenders.
Won't it be foolishness to shut out Nigerians from your supermarkets?
Btw, how many chinese are even in Abuja to make large sales volume.
That was why i didn't believe the story in the first place.
that's a fact. Chinese are really few in Abuja.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 16, 2016
modelmike7:
.... Two hates do not make one love!
Hate is a strong word that's why I didn't use it.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by absoluteSuccess: 8:04am On Jun 16, 2016
What if it's popularity stunt ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by ponti93(m): 8:10am On Jun 16, 2016
i cant beliv nigerians didnt know dat the news was just a promotion strategy by the shop managers grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Oyiboman69: 8:10am On Jun 16, 2016
in Islam we call it (Shaidar Zuhr ) Bearing false witness and Allah has prescribed severe punishment for those who thrive in it"[/quote]

so op,what punishment does Allah prescribed for you people?, this is how you go about killing people claiming it is Allah wish. confused people, confused religion.

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by donkray: 8:13am On Jun 16, 2016
Clinton594:
OP if this is the super market that guy was talking about then really I'm disappointed. Please before you leave there look around to know if you'll see a better Chinese supermarket.... You might have mistaken this for another.
Because trust me, I now think I over estimate Nigerians ability to make good judgements..... How can someone be so bitter about this and to cap it all...... IN ABUJA OF ALL PLACES

Uurrrgghhhh undecided
I Tire oh!
Well hope you know there are restaurants and Hotels in Abuja that I know of that are a) Nameless b)Hidden operated by Nigerians and have an international client base (Nigerians Mostly) that are strictly for members and YOU are banned from entry? Whats the big fuss if the chinese man uses his house for Chinese supermarket only for Chinese people.... Meanwhile Chinese Visa is almost free.....
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by kakaG: 8:17am On Jun 16, 2016
martineverest:
how are we so sure the chinese ppl didnt pay u for dis?.....well,bloggers can lie too

Valid point. My take here is that the management swiftly engaged a crisis management strategy. By that I Mean having being exposed, they quickly devised this strategy so as not to be in the black books of Nigerians.

Truth is, there is no smoke without fire. Only time will tell if the initial story was true or just made up.

Just like some posters above have mentioned, we shouldn't be gullible. This may also be a defensive action.

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 16, 2016
I perceive this pseudo-investigator as being sponsored to attenuate damage control!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by kateskitty(f): 8:18am On Jun 16, 2016
Araoluwa005:
CHINESE CAR
You can lie, that car is an Italian car o! shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by korday: 8:22am On Jun 16, 2016
evy1:
Thanks for the clarification.
let is be smart here. the store owners would have heard about the social media outcry. so they might have just allowed people in to make them have a good name. a lot of bloggers are really stupid but there is no fire without a smoke.

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by hardbody: 8:26am On Jun 16, 2016
modelmike7:
Nigerians and propaganda sha! And some people where ere yesterday cursing and almost killing themselves on a false unverified news. Unemployment everywhere!

Thank God I was not opinionated so i did not write any comment cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by avril9(f): 8:32am On Jun 16, 2016
rapcy:
Two days ago, a young man who goes by the name Aminu G Idris claimed that a Chinese Supermarket in Abuja denied Nigerians entry. Today Mohammad Jamu took it upon himself to investigate the case. Here is what he has to say with photos:

"Today I became a journalist!! how I saw the news trending about a certain Chinese Shop at Gwarinpa that refuses Nigerians access posted by Aminu G Idris and copied by Aishat Aishat Alubankudi immediately an investigative spirit took over me,
as I approach Gwarinpa I was filled with excitement of seeing a shop in Nigeria that denies Nigerians entry, at the gate I saw a writing that clearly took me aback and instantly quenched my anger, it was an advice to costumers from the shop owners after being attacked by armed robbers a couple of days ago and they were merely taking precautions so they advise only an individual at a time not group of persons out of fear and tremor of what they experienced in the past, poor them being foreigners in another mans land. They were friendly on entering the shop and to my surprise other Nigerians were trickling to see for themselves too. My advise to those celebrating the story please verify contents before posting to the social media your action alone can destroy someone's Business in Islam we call it (Shaidar Zuhr ) Bearing false witness and Allah has prescribed severe punishment for those who thrive in it"

This news is new on nairaland but not on all social media,seen it on fb a day or 2 b4 seeing it here,it cud b tru since d guy in question who went was black it cud b dat as at d time they were robbed dey got scared of d black folks n decided dey didn't want to let us in since it was d same colour dat robbed dem.it cud also b they too saw on social media writings abt their shop n decided 2 write in details wat happened wit a post on their gate. It cud also b dat d guy went there to get some tin some min\ hours after d robbers had gone n so dey made that tasteless decision. If not for these n more reasons I wander y d guy neva bothered to look ard 4 d notice,he cud hv been hurt by d way dey treated him n decided to publish d story or he was just simply looking 4 attention(wat wud b his gain). Wat ever d colour we love dem all.

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by BobUg28(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2016
Nigerians are too good in speculation false information. I was equally eager to confirm the validity of this claim...how can you open shop in Nigeria and ban Nigerians from patronising you? Who do you think will patronize your business if not Nigerians...Abi, what's the purpose of establishing a business venture if not for the basic purpose of making profits?

I tire for my fiful. Haba!
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by BobUg28(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2016
But here again, I see another gimmicks people use to make their business grew more popular. The last time I checked, controversial threads always go viral in a twinkle of an eye.

Congratulations mr Op if that's the reason behind this thread. You have done a very good job.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by epistleNow(m): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2016
Unpaid advert for the shop!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by VictorRomanov: 8:46am On Jun 16, 2016
callmelanner:

I support you! The abuse of social media in Nigeria is too much! Bullying, blackmails, insults, and all what not.
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by 2n2k(m): 8:47am On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:
@rapcy

I'm curious about a certain line in your write up. The shaidar zuhr law.

So who carries out this severe punishments? Human or God?

Isn't this another case of giving impetus to zealots and fanatics to unleash mayhem on people they decide has flouted such law?

I'm writing this and imagining that Omar mateen (the Florida shooter) may have been motivated by a similar law.

Does Exodus 20 v16 (the 9th commandment) motivate terrorists to attack?
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by logicab: 8:56am On Jun 16, 2016
Wonderful people Nigerians are. A man took out time to investigate and verify a report then presents his findings. What does he get? Simply because he has destroyed their preconceived perception and rather than feel remorse, they accuse him of trying to play PRO for the store. Some feel aggrieved because he mentioned what his religion (and that of the initial accuser) had to say about bearing false witness when he was merely calling the accuser (who of course is a Muslim) to order.

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 16, 2016
D34lw4p:
Very good. Some people will just write useless articles without knowing exactly what they are writing.

I was also surprised to see that a Nigerian could be deny access to something like that.

Anyway, for blogging tips and tricks. Click Here To Read

Pls bro!.Ah am interested in Blogging but ah know next to nothing about it.Ah will really be grateful if you can put me through some stuffs.Here is my number-08070717482 you can add me up on whatsapp.Or better still,drop your's
Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by Etinosajay(m): 9:01am On Jun 16, 2016
2n2k:

Does Exodus 20 v16 (the 9th commandment) motivate terrorists to attack?

So instead of enlightening me about what I don't understand, you preferred to court controversy.

Is that how you guys reason these days?

For your information, I asked a question to stimulate educative discuss, and not to argue tribe and religion with the op.

If you're not going to answer with reasonable tendencies, pls desist from quoting me. No be quarrel.

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by AlanSugar(m): 9:03am On Jun 16, 2016
rapcy:
Two days ago, a young man who goes by the name Aminu G Idris claimed that a Chinese Supermarket in Abuja denied Nigerians entry. Today Mohammad Jamu took it upon himself to investigate the case. Here is what he has to say with photos:

"Today I became a journalist!! how I saw the news trending about ......destroy someone's Business in Islam we call it (Shaidar Zuhr ) Bearing false witness and Allah has prescribed severe punishment for those who thrive in it"

This Allah sef and his severe punishments everytime, does Allah ever forgive? Ever? ! undecided undecided undecided undecided na waaa!

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by wengerman: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2016
To buy ticket pay N2000 into GTB account 0042932706 Olaniyi Ayodele and text details to 08185385212 or 08050761678 and your ticket will be scanned to you immediately. Limited tickets available

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by kateskitty(f): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2016
Araoluwa005:
what of this?
You have come again, that should be Ferrari 458 or 488.
Don't ask me how I know cool

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by elvisdaniels(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2016
Tellemall:
The shop even looks pathetic inside of it. It looks like a forgotten corner store. Their sign is so... I can't believe anybody would not type their notices(colse, sice,tank).

Why are Nigerians dying to have an old Chinese baba put their stuff in a plastic? I mean, you guys are so offended when you should be happy they didn't let you in. Customer service looks low.

And why is the "investigator" putting up religious punishments? Like anyone cares about that.

Shhhhh ,don't be ignorant with your words ,have you been.outside the shores of Nigeria ,if you have ,then visit a typical Chinese store, in.Asia such stores are called pasaraya, ...the way it is over there in Asia in few places is the way it is also here in Nigeria... I can give you.tons and.loads of prove

1 Like

Re: Man Investigates Claim Made About A Chinese Store In Abuja With Photos by alobright17(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2016
2 days ago when the accused story appeared here,I wonder what made this moniker QUEENOFLAFIA said The place is just like a normal residence.only for them them.Madam Queen so you were not even sure of what you said about the them them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Addmoney Loan Goes Wrong / 5 Ways To Make N5000 A Day In Lagos / List Of All Opay Offices In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.