Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? (11254 Views)

Poll: Can you?

Yes: 80% (90 votes)
No: 19% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Disclose Your ATM Password To Your Family. / Can You Disclose Your Exact Monthly Income To Your Partner / Would You Disclose Your Income To Ur Parents/inlaws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by X2X(m): 5:22am On Sep 11, 2009
Sagamite:

If you are my wife and you ever have the guts to ever do this, you will see FIRE!

There is absolutely no way you will see a minute of happiness in that household til the minute I kick you out (And I would ensure you don't see much of it after you are out). You would wonder the curse someone placed on you or, if there is a god, that allowed you to get a man like me.

Tears would be coming out from not only your eyes but also your ears by the time I finish.

This is the kind of trouble I love because I know how to deal with it.

+1.
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by otukpo(f): 8:32am On Sep 11, 2009
Ideally , one should not hide his/her salary from his/her spouse. But a lot of things shld be put into consideration when taking a decision regarding this. But whatever decision one takes, it shld be in the interest of both partners and the family.
I
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by sley4life(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2009
depends how close she is to me and her attitude
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by babonboard(f): 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2009
why not if not? are we not one?
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Theblessed(f): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2009
Sagamite:

Who threatened you with violence? Or where did you see the threat of violence? And YOU are talking about intelligence? YOU?

You lack the intelligence to differentiate between what you want and what is your right that is why you struggle with men in relationships

You can continue mourning all your life but I can guarantee you you well never get a man that would stay with you because you are obviously not balanced. There are thousands of better women out there why stay with someone like you?

[b]Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh, another Nigerian Brain-wash!  When was marriage made COMPULSORY for everyone?  Abi, na di 11th Commandment  And, why would a man/woman marry if they don't want to do so.  Is it because, unintelligent men like this one here think every woman must be married to be a woman, eh!  Marriage is CHOICE, ok!  Afterall, in the Biblical times there were many unmarried women (e.g. Mary Magdaleen and others.) and nothing happened to them nor were they abused by men then as you all do now due to your insecurities.  And here we have these ignorants, abusing women who chose not to be involved with MARRIAGE because of the stresses Marriage can cause and other related issues e.g. the topic above: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse?  Wouldn't it be nice not to be involved with marriage than to have this kind of headache everyone here on N/L are trying to resolve?  If being in a decent marriage is like this, who wants to be married, yooooou?  Better you than meooooo!  Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I DON'T WANT IT, DON'T NEED IT IF THIS IS WHAT MARRIAGE IS ALL ABOUT.  HAPPY SINGLE IF ONLY THE MAN IN MY LIFE WOULD LEAVE ME ALONE but, he won't that's the problem.  Can you help, kick him out, please! Women don't need men rather, men need us more than we need them and statistics have shown that men are more healthier and live long in marriage than when single whilst marriage is stressful and a health hazard for women.  A man in marriage is refreshed, healthier and lively whereas some married women look like 'Oke Nkita' just like meooooo.lol!!!! But, if marriage is this stressful, I need my FREEDOM because the benefits out weighed all the stresses.  For example, as an independent woman, I will be free to date any guy I want, when I want it.  Shop, cook and eat when I want without worrying how to feed and water husband tonight - a nightmare for every married woman.lol!!! In fact, I could go to bed when I want without disturbing or wake anyone when I get in.  Also, I could visit my friends at the crack-of-dawn and come back if I need to and when I want without any questioning or explanations to my almighty husband.  You see, I could choose my own holiday destination without disagreement or arguements about how we've been there 110 times last year why go again this time etc.  Above all,  I am absolutely ACCOUNTABLE TO MEOOOOOOOOOO and no one else.  In fact, no one would even venture to ask silly question like, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WHEN I HAD NIPPED OFF TO SOMEWHERE  You see, it's a fantastic life ahead of me, should I CHOOSE to go SOLO!  Good gracious me!!!  It seems in your head, a single woman is lonely and no man wants to marry her that's why she is single, eh! Problem finding a man, isn't it Naaaaa! Let me ask you, should I go SOLO, do I look like a woman with difficulty in this department? Naaaaaah, not one bit I could PULL any man I want on-board my SHIP any time, ok?? So next time don't make such silly comments I quote,'and hence the stupid hatred for males that your posts are pregnant with'.  Again, let me tell you - No, I don't hate decent men - I love them rather, I HATE THE A-SE OFF CROOKS AND CRIMINALS LIKE YOU AND OTHERS ON HERE SUPPORTING THIS EVIL, ok.  Also, you said,''There are thousands of better women out there why stay with someone like you? As if every women desperately need to be married.  No, not all women perhaps, the one you are with, that has no clue about her rights and wouldn't even know when a Bus hit her in that your silly marriage hence, instead of kicking your a-se, hung on to the biggest LOOSER of all times that not only disrespects women but marriage with all his deceits and lies.  Because, smart women like myself are well informed, knows our rights and how to go about it that's why CROOKS/CRIMINALS like you feel insecure and frightened we'll dig up you a-se and sure, we will if you mess up.  Equity says, 'He who comes to Equity must come with clean hands'.  He who wants peace and honesty in a marriage must bring the same to the table.  With this kind of behaviour (deceit and lies) your hands are not clean and why would I pity you when trashing your a-se.  Hope you meet your kind one day and learn your lessons[/b]
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by tayotoyin(f): 4:03am On Sep 13, 2009
I once had a BF dt wz always after my dough,didn't count it as a big deal at d initial stage(at least there's Luv in sharing,so 2 speak) but then it so happened dt I had 2 resign in order 2 further my studies, Kasala com burst! We finally separated when he insisted on collecting my T-fare to school. Sooooo,
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by tayotoyin(f): 4:15am On Sep 13, 2009
Thank G O D I'm married now & between my hubby & I,there are no secrets.We know each other's income,he provides 4 d family,& even though he frowns at it,I support him wt a few coins. grin

Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by tayotoyin(f): 4:44am On Sep 13, 2009
[color=#990000][/color]
Haba Bros!
Kilode? A wife dt decides not 2 disclose her income 2 her hubby would definitely have her reasons. What if her Husband is d egocentric dt believes dt it's a slap on his face if his wife FLOUNTS her pay check in his sight(I've seen men like that)?
I believe u'll b d type of person dt wouldn't look down on his wife 4 whatever reason,but all d same if ur wife does it, ?
U're not God o! undecided

Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Sagamite(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh, another Nigerian Brain-wash!  When was marriage made COMPULSORY for everyone?  Abi, na di 11th Commandment  And, why would a man/woman marry if they don't want to do so.  Is it because, unintelligent men like this one here think every woman must be married to be a woman, eh!  Marriage is CHOICE, ok!  Afterall, in the Biblical times there were many unmarried women (e.g. Mary Magdaleen and others.) and nothing happened to them nor were they abused by men then as you all do now due to your insecurities.  And here we have these ignorants, abusing women who chose not to be involved with MARRIAGE because of the stresses Marriage can cause and other related issues e.g. the topic above: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse?  Wouldn't it be nice not to be involved with marriage than to have this kind of headache everyone here on N/L are trying to resolve?  If being in a decent marriage is like this, who wants to be married, yooooou?  Better you than meooooo!  Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I DON'T WANT IT, DON'T NEED IT IF THIS IS WHAT MARRIAGE IS ALL ABOUT.  HAPPY SINGLE IF ONLY THE MAN IN MY LIFE WOULD LEAVE ME ALONE but, he won't that's the problem.  Can you help, kick him out, please! Women don't need men rather, men need us more than we need them and statistics have shown that men are more healthier and live long in marriage than when single whilst marriage is stressful and a health hazard for women.  A man in marriage is refreshed, healthier and lively whereas some married women look like 'Oke Nkita' just like meooooo.lol!!!! But, if marriage is this stressful, I need my FREEDOM because the benefits out weighed all the stresses.  For example, as an independent woman, I will be free to date any guy I want, when I want it.  Shop, cook and eat when I want without worrying how to feed and water husband tonight - a nightmare for every married woman.lol!!! In fact, I could go to bed when I want without disturbing or wake anyone when I get in.  Also, I could visit my friends at the crack-of-dawn and come back if I need to and when I want without any questioning or explanations to my almighty husband.  You see, I could choose my own holiday destination without disagreement or arguements about how we've been there 110 times last year why go again this time etc.  Above all,  I am absolutely ACCOUNTABLE TO MEOOOOOOOOOO and no one else.  In fact, no one would even venture to ask silly question like, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WHEN I HAD NIPPED OFF TO SOMEWHERE  You see, it's a fantastic life ahead of me, should I CHOOSE to go SOLO!  Good gracious me!!!  It seems in your head, a single woman is lonely and no man wants to marry her that's why she is single, eh! Problem finding a man, isn't it Naaaaa! Let me ask you, should I go SOLO, do I look like a woman with difficulty in this department? Naaaaaah, not one bit I could PULL any man I want on-board my SHIP any time, ok?? So next time don't make such silly comments I quote,'and hence the stupid hatred for males that your posts are pregnant with'.  Again, let me tell you - No, I don't hate decent men - I love them rather, I HATE THE A-SE OFF CROOKS AND CRIMINALS LIKE YOU AND OTHERS ON HERE SUPPORTING THIS EVIL, ok.  Also, you said,''There are thousands of better women out there why stay with someone like you? As if every women desperately need to be married.  No, not all women perhaps, the one you are with, that has no clue about her rights and wouldn't even know when a Bus hit her in that your silly marriage hence, instead of kicking your a-se, hung on to the biggest LOOSER of all times that not only disrespects women but marriage with all his deceits and lies.  Because, smart women like myself are well informed, knows our rights and how to go about it that's why CROOKS/CRIMINALS like you feel insecure and frightened we'll dig up you a-se and sure, we will if you mess up.  Equity says, 'He who comes to Equity must come with clean hands'.  He who wants peace and honesty in a marriage must bring the same to the table.  With this kind of behaviour (deceit and lies) your hands are not clean and why would I pity you when trashing your a-se.  Hope you meet your kind one day and learn your lessons[/b]

Can you see where your intelligence comes short again? Where did you see me mention "marriage" or "you must get married" in my post? Can you see why I said: "YOU are mentioning intelligence"?

And you went on ranting and ranting about how I believe you must marry? And even bragging about how you can "pull any man I want on-board my SHIP any time", major league Bleep me, all I can say is that I hope you know your profile on NL with your pix is permanently on public setting for viewing?

"Do I look like a woman with difficulty in this department", combined with your attitude, it is [b]z[/b]ifficulty (not difficulty) you would have in that department.

Don't be boasting about your looks, it does not bode well for the reflection of your sanity.
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Anabel(f): 11:09am On Sep 14, 2009
yes why not, we are one. if i no tell am shey na my mama i wan tell
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Virgo83(m): 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2009
Why won't I, what is She my Wife for. I need not hide anything from her.
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by oyasiyef: 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
Kini big deal she has my ATM i have check book, y nt
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by browncocos(f): 1:33am On Sep 15, 2009
blessed one
u really need to chill out
haba wetin u're damn too aggressive for a woman
u can pass your pt across without going personal
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2010
@krissykriss a.k.a john thomas guilty or not guilty grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Krissykriss(m): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Kulyie, not guilty. I told u; u just didnt believe. Do u want me 2 raise a thread about us on NL? Take ur time o, lol
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2010
@ krissykriss u raise a thread 2 ur peril shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Fhemmmy: 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2010
Raise the thread now . . . . .we will love to read
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2010
@phemmy orisirisi grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dhehehehehehehe.una know go kill person 4 dis land o!!!wetin u wan read grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Krissykriss(m): 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2010
Femmi, wetin u wan read? I'll only raise d thread with kulyies permission. Dont want all our biz on d outside.
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 02, 2010
My wife already knows how much I earn.

Why shouldn't she?
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2010
kulyie:

@phemmy orisirisi grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dhehehehehehehe.una know go kill person 4 dis land o!!!wetin u wan read grin grin grin grin grin grin
Krissykriss:

Femmi, wetin u wan read? I'll only raise d thread with kulyies permission. Dont want all our biz on d outside.

Oyaaaaaaa now, tell us some jare.
It is the duty of the woman to know it all and the man know it all too.
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
@fhemmy krissykriss has already told me long ago just kidding. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by oluwabamis(m): 12:57pm On Jun 03, 2010
the greatest mistake of a man's life is to tell his wife how much he earn. I will never do that because it will always cause problem in the house, believe me. trust has nothing to do with it. a man is the head of the home and must maintain that position. ur wife may start monitoring ur expensis and u may loose ur freedom to do what please u with ur money. some like me give money to people a lot, and my wife is not comfortable with that

any man worth that name should not fall for the cheap trust rhyme, wake up male folk and dont let women box u into a corner,
(mo wi ire abi mi o wi ire?- o wi ire) is it well spoken?
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
Nope
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by oluwabamis(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2010
i ve been married for 10 yrs and , till date my wife dont know how muchh i earn , and we ve lived happily ever since. letting her know my income may distrupt that happy home, it had been working for me sinse yr 2000. it has nothing to do with trust. i will not trade my family happiness for that so called 'trust'. my wife makes her own money too, and i have never bothered about how much she makes, i still do all the finances at home despite her little income, which she uses as per her discretion, guys, there is really no hard and fast rule to this issue. but follow what works best for u and ur familly.
good luck to you
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by caspapa(m): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2010
There should be no secret between patners. Love is greater than anyother thing, so disclosure of salary to your patners should not be a big deal (when there is love.)
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by augustborn: 9:28am On Aug 27, 2010
Before I got married 7years ago I vouch not to let my wife know how much I earn.
But experience as taught me a lesson. I strongly support MyPeace and r231.
It is just the best As it will remove any doubt or assumption on the part of your spouse.

Learn from other peoples experiences. It works. Unless you have something to hide.
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by MrsSiena1(f): 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2010
sley4life:

depends how close she is to me and her attitude

You cannot be any closer to the one you are married to. Are you close to your friend than your wife? If she wasn't close to you why did you marry her in the first place? You should have remained single if you know that you won't disclose anything to your wife especially how much you earn undecided

Some nigerian men and their mentality. Thank God my husband doesn't have such mentality. We don't hide anything from each other. I don't see any reason to. It's not as if my being told how much he earns makes me make unneccessary demands on him. Why won't you disclose to your wife how much you earn? What is there to hide?
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Travelista(f): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2010
I couldn't imagine not knowing what my fiance makes, talk less of a spouse (and vice versa). I don't understand this need to be secretive; when you rush to hide your pay, it would make me feel you're doing something you're not supposed to be doing. If something as intimate as finances are a no-man's land, I'd wonder about the rest of the relationship.
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by breathless(m): 6:43am On Aug 30, 2010
"my hubby knows exactly how much l earn. He even knows my ATM pin and l know his. We operate joint and separate accounts. He is into private business, l might not know exactly how much he makes a month but l have idea, as long as he contributes his quota to the joint account and fulfills his obligations at home, no qualms.

Theres no need to hide your earnings. People hide when they feel their spouse will take advantage of it. l think if u have a financial plan for your home, there wont be need for 'financial hide and seek game'"

SAME APPLIES; WELL SAID
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by kokorunna(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
If you want peace, unity and harmony in your home, then its a very good idea to disclose your salary to your wife.

What's there to hide unless you have an hidden gender grin
Re: Can You Disclose Your Salary To Your Spouse? by Greycells(m): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2010
kokorunna:

If you want peace, unity and harmony in your home, then its a very good idea to disclose your salary to your wife.

What's there to hide unless you have an hidden gender grin

Agree with u totally.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Most Women Feel So Uncomfortable With Their In-laws? / This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. / Why Are Most Nigerian Nurses Inconsiderate And Uncompassionate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.