Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,248 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (17792 Views)

The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Seun(m): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
I guess nobody wants to shed more light on the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is what this thread about. Not atheism.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
if you really wanted knowledge you know where to go.... not nairaland...if your thirst for knowledge is REAL and not mischievous
Seun:
I guess nobody wants to shed more light on the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is what this thread about. Not atheism.

meanwhile it seems you are also lexiconkabir
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
dablazor:

Well... enjoy the rest of your day.

A saccharine victory for me I think . I mean he could not defend his unbelief or ambivalence like he claims
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:

No one was present to witness the event including you . I accept the resurrection story by faith and the fact Jesus still appears to many and speaks to them proves he indeed resurrected .

Because you don't believe their experiences are true does not make them false .

4 Likes

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by macof(m): 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
iaamxavier:
i still pose this question to atheist y do most atheist bear religious name eg mark zuckerbeg , seun osewa , my friend john etc y dont change their name after converting its quite pathetic tho.

grin grin stop this please. the name "Mark" is actually more pagan than Christian. the Romans had this name in honor of the God of War - Mars

and Seun has nothing to do with Christianity or islam. ..it's a plain yoruba name

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Engrobiorah(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
macof:

grin grin stop this please. the name "Mark" is actually more pagan than Christian. the Romans had this name in honor of the God of War - Mars

and Seun has nothing to do with Christianity or islam. ..it's a plain yoruba name

Full name OLUWASEUN
Wats d full meaning abeg?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
We now believe based on personal spiritual convictions. While the records of Christ's early life serve to show us how to live as Christians and His doctrine, our personal encounters are the evidence of Christ's resurrection.

Cc. Seun.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by donbrowser(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
LoJ:

I have nothing against Seun criticizing Religion(s) and airing his views, he is entitled to do so. The guy usually makes relevant points that deserve to be discussed.

However, there seems to be some level of hyprocisy in the whole stuff. Seun goes about criticizing Christianity and christian's faith only and almost never does the same with Islam, except some vague timid topics. He created a specific forum for muslims, where you can't even intervene unless you profess that you believe that:

- Islam is the only true religion
-There is no God but Allah
- Mohammed is his prophet

or something similar, and have it written on your profile shocked shocked undecided

It is very sad as some of us have brought this numerous times to his attention, with quasi no answers/explanations from him.

I am not a (religious) christian, so I do not seek to defend christianity.

The guy is a muslim that is afraid.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Funjosh(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ok Seun Jesus didn't resurrect that is what u want to hear. Oya open another thread embarassed tongue
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Ranchhoddas: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Superior logic ? From who ?

Anyway, you always mention me when apparently you have nothing reasonable to say like you are doing now . I'm not gay by the way .

Atheism has nothing to offer humanity and it will never have . Winner01 and I have always delineated atheism for what it is . Which argument have you brought forward that is worth anyone's attention ?

Gay? Is there no end to the paranoia?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Freiburger(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun stop hiding some people's comments here. They are not breaking any rule, only trying to air their view. I believe they should be given the chance to.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Engrobiorah(m): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Freiburger:
Seun stop hiding some people's comments here. They are not breaking any rule, only trying to air their view. I believe they should be given the chance to.
Dey go hide dis one now
Mine was hidden
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Gay? Is there no end to the paranoia?

It looks like "paranoia " is the atheist's new locution .

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ikombe: 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
I'm pleased that nobody has disputed my actual arguments. I guess I am right.
yes you are right boss. Christians are found of attacking people who give good points with words like ' repent for the kingdom of d lord is at hand' they go d extra length of insulting just becos they can't defend there belief which is uncalled for. Wen sumone gives a point its beta to counter d points with yours , all they do is just insult and say alot of crap. Becos i dont believe in christianity means you are an anti christ and you are to be tagged demonic. 85% of christians are christians becos there parent's parent are christians. They will never think for once.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
ikombe:
yes you are right boss. Christians are found of attacking people who give good points with words like ' repent for the kingdom of d lord is at hand' they go d extra length of insulting just [size=14pt]becos they can't defend[/size] there belief which is uncalled for. Wen sumone gives a point its beta to counter d points with yours , all they do is just insult and say alot of crap. Becos i dont believe in christianity means you are an anti christ and you are to be tagged demonic. [size=14pt]85% of christians are christians becos there parent's parent are christians[/size]. They will never think for once.

Please can you provide evidence to prove that 85 percent of Christians are Christians because their parents are . I would love to see how you think and can defend your belief .

**Grabs popcorn and soda***

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by khaynoni(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
...and this is common sense

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
ikombe:
yes you are right boss. Christians are found of attacking people who give good points with words like ' repent for the kingdom of d lord is at hand' they go d extra length of insulting just becos they can't defend there belief which is uncalled for. Wen sumone gives a point its beta to counter d points with yours , all they do is just insult and say alot of crap. Becos i dont believe in christianity means you are an anti christ and you are to be tagged demonic. 85% of christians are christians becos there parent's parent are christians. They will never think for once.

Your quote makes no sense because missionaries brought education to this country . They stopped lots of despicable inhuman barbaric acts like killing of twins and helped bring peace during tribal wars . The medical centers , the assistance of during the civil war (Irish missionary )were all by missionaries .

They took your land to build health facilities and schools . You would have been in tenebrosity without them . You are ineffably ignorant of the benefits of the missionaries in our lands .

Blame the politics of your colonial masters for your woes not their religion

2 Likes

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
angels09:
if you really wanted knowledge you know where to go.... not nairaland...if your thirst for knowledge is REAL and not mischievous

meanwhile it seems you are also lexiconkabir

And why would you think an atheist would me?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
khaynoni:
...and this is common sense

Specious as always because

1. Jesus was killed by the Roman soldiers because he was accused of sedition - a crime worthy of death .

2 . Jesus was not totally human . He was dual-natured .

3. Jesus is God
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by khaynoni(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
They will rather insult and call you names than refute it. Sometimes I wonder why some people deliberately turn blind eyes to the truth when it's staring right at them.

Seun:

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by khaynoni(m): 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Specious as always because

1. Jesus was killed by the Roman soldiers because he was accused of sedition - a crime worthy of death .

2 . Jesus was not totally human . He was dual-natured .

3. Jesus is God

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
khaynoni:
They will rather insult and call you names than refute it. Sometimes I wonder why some people deliberately turn blind eyes to the truth when it's staring right at them.

There is no truth in misconceptions , conjectures or inductive reasoning - this he used to draw his conclusion , apparently fallible .
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ikombe: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Please can you provide evidence to prove that 85 percent of Christians are Christians because their parents are . I would love to see how you think and can defend your belief .

**Grabs popcorn and soda***
you can do the research by urself. Den u can report to me wink
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
khaynoni:

Another specious one , keep it coming .

Yahweh , Yeshua and Ruach Hakodesh are members of the Godhead - they are equal in power , supremacy and authority and are one . God in three entities . Yeshua is God talking to the other member of the Godhead , Yahweh
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
ikombe:
[size=14pt]you can do the research by urself. Den u can report to me [/size]wink

This is awkward :

ikombe:
[size=14pt] becos they can't defend there belief[/size]

yikes !

This is why atheists are confused people . They accuse you of doing what they do . How on earth is that logical ?

Anyway

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Seun(m): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
Please let us stick to the topic or we will be banned. Rule 1 says, "don't derail threads by posting off topic." Thank you.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by khaynoni(m): 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Read verses 6-9 of Rev. 5, pay attention to verse 7 and come back to explain who is collecting scroll from who?

KingEbukaNaija:

Another specious one , keep it coming .

Yahweh , Yeshua and Ruach Hakodesh are members of the Godhead - they are equal in power , supremacy and authority and are one . God in three entities . Yeshua is God talking to the other member of the Godhead , Yahweh

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
khaynoni:
Read verses 6-9 of Rev. 5, pay attention to verse 7 and come back to explain who is collecting scroll from who?

How is this relevant
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by khaynoni(m): 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Sorry for derailing.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ikombe: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Your quote makes no sense because missionaries brought education to this country . They stopped lots of despicable inhuman barbaric acts like killing of twins and helped bring peace during tribal wars . The medical centers , the assistance of during the civil war (Irish missionary )were all by missionaries .

They took your land to build health facilities and schools . You would have been in tenebrosity without them . You are ineffably ignorant of the benefits of the missionaries in our lands .

Blame the politics of your colonial masters for your woes not their religion
Are you saying God had no purpose for us . That he gave only the white people the brain to build schools and other health facilities. Mind you before the white people came we have been treating our selfs traditionaly which has and will still be 1 of the most effective way of threating illness. The same people who brought dis things to you is telling you a gay has right and even d pope is telling christians to apologise to the gays. Are you saying God promotes gay . 50% of there ungodly teachings is what they are promoting now undecided .

2 Likes

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
address my first post, will the disciples ready to die for something that is lie ? What is their gain for preaching lie ? Even apostle paul say " Even an angel should come and preach different gospel, let him be accuse"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by khaynoni(m): 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

How is this relevant
Don't let's derail boy, focus on the topic at hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? / Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? / RCCG 2021 Holy Ghost Congress; The Siege Is Over!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.