Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (76163 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2009
BlueDiva:

Ferriera was supported by Carvalho and that sealed that left flank.

CA will most likely go for Zhirkov if A.Cole ain't back.
We have it all figured out.

If we get Darren Fletcher fit before Sunday, United will disgrace Chelsea at SB!!!
He is the KEY to United winning big matches.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by nazzyon(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2009
Oga o!

We go win again.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2009
If we get Darren Fletcher fit before Sunday, United will disgrace Chelsea at SB!!!
He is the KEY to United winning big matches.

You'll eat your telly this time around.
17 goals, 0 conceded in 4 games.

Sauron, be very afraid. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2009
BlueDiva:

You'll eat your telly this time around.
17 goals, 0 conceded in 4 games.

Sauron, be very afraid. cheesy

U have played shitty teams in that period.
I will not rate Chelsea's form because they thumped Bolton, Blackburn and other shitty teams.
The REAL TEST comes on Sunday when they face THE CHAMPIONS.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2009
Bolton and Blackburn you struggled with?
Nobody calls Athletico shitty.

All we have to do is watch Rooney and Berbasulk.
Ferdinard and Neville are weak links.

Honestly speaking, playing United will be like playing Spurs.
As far as i'm concerned.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2009
BlueDiva:

Bolton and Blackburn you struggled with?
Nobody calls Athletico shitty.

Winning is the name of the GAME.
That was how we struggled with mid-table teams last season by winning 1-0 in about 8 games in a row before pasting CHELSEA 3-0 at OT.

All we have to do is watch Rooney and Berbasulk.
Ferdinard and Neville are weak links.

Neville won't play against y'all. Not in this lifetime.

As far as i'm concerned.

Time will tell.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2009
Surely United are a better team than Spurs. . . No? cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2009
BlueDiva:

As far as i'm concerned.
I hope you weren't breastfeeding when you wrote this.
Your prayer will be to hope that the ref does you the favour he did while playing the same Spurs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Borat1: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2009
Cant wait for sunday,
wonder how ferdinand and vidic (if they would be fit) would handle the rampaging drogba,
He would certainly get hurled down by vidic for a red and a penalty.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
carrahoof got away with murder against man u but did he get away against Fulham. Drogba won't get away with diving the way he got Jloyd samuel sent off. Vidic will be back to put Drogba where he belongs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by khanye(m): 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
Wayne Rooney becomes a father following arrival of baby boy Kai grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
grin grin grin
How cute.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
na wa
so much wahala cos of UTD

we are still the team to beat. . . 4th straight title in the kitty

first thing first, CSKA must be dealt with accordingly,
UTD to win 2-0

Sunday, anythn can happen but not a defeat sha
we are not losin again till January
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by bammy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
tkb417:

na wa

Sunday, anythn can happen but not a defeat sha
we are not losin again till January

the fifi is scared ! Its a defeat ! you dig!? tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
as long as UTD can throw caution to the dogs and play chelsea with high intensity and attack with abandon - forget trying to be cautious or careful - i still maintain that we show way too much respect to chelsea and that is our bane!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fletcher is playing against CSKA - chances are, he'll have a part to play in sunday's game. . . . good news!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2009
Understand Vidic and Rio are still out and will not feature in tomorrow's game!!
I hope Brown and Evans can hold their own. They've played in high profile games though not together!!
Whatever the situ, we will still nick it!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2009
Emperoh:

Understand Vidic and Rio are still out and will not feature in tomorrow's game!!
I hope Brown and Evans can hold their own. They've played in high profile games though not together!!
Whatever the situ, we will still nick it!!!

How long is Vidic out for ? I understand Rio maybe out for about 8weeks. . . . . . . .
Evans and Brown have no option but to hold their own and prove their mettle.
Evans has been reliable so far , but Brown needs to be sharper . . . . On the whole we will be fine, we just need to make sure those boys upfront don't waste the chances they get and score goals. Fletcher should be of help to the defence too. We are set .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by aieromon(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2009
All I need is a Fletcher to bully those old men in MF and let our attack make use of their opportunities.
Honestly,I don't see us losing to Chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2009
I think we should be considering using Owen & Berba up top sometimes. . . . they were good together against Bolton - seemed to have a good understanding of each other.

A 4-4-2 with Rooney out wide on O'shea/Neville's side to counter the opposition threats and sit that rubbish Nani boy down to watch & learn.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by aieromon(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2009
Once Obertan picks up,punk Nani should be loaned out.
The poor boy had a horrible debut,sha.Made me remember Evra's debut cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by akinalabi(m): 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2009
Let's do CSKA first before we worry about Chelsea

Dont lets be like Rafa
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2009
aieromon:

Once Obertan picks up,punk Nani should be loaned out.
The poor boy had a horrible debut,sha.Made me remember Evra's debut cool
Pick what up shocked
Have you forgotten dude is useless, his middle name is useless. . .
With a BMX bike seat - type head, dude aint picking nothing up but a snicker bar wrap. . . .
Useless buncha Obertans. . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2009
i swear
CSKA first. Chelsea will be dealt with when the time comes

they shld be scared, we fear no one
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 1:03pm On Nov 03, 2009
I can't see anything special in the chelsea team. They were so hot last season that they managed to get a draw against a struggling United team. Once fergie's doesn't gamble with the midfield chelsea will be in deep shit. Chelsea 1 United 2
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
BinghiNya:

I can't see anything special in the chelsea team. They were so hot last season that they managed to get a draw against a struggling United team. Once fergie's doesn't gamble with the midfield chelsea will be in deep shit. Chelsea 1 United 2

The KEY to beating Chelsea is . . . . . . .Anderson---Fletcher---Carrick.
Forget about Scholes or Giggsy.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sir fergie fit gamble again
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2009
BinghiNya:

Sir fergie fit gamble again

We gamble, we lose.
There's no question about that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2009
This team will decimate chelsea

VDS
Brown Vidic Evans Evra
Anderson Fletcher

Valencia Giggs
Rooney Berbatov
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2009
BinghiNya:

This team will decimate chelsea

VDS

Brown Vidic Evans Evra

Anderson Fletcher

Valencia Giggs

Rooney Berbatov

As long as O'Shea is left out, i will be very happy.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

Pick what up shocked
Have you forgotten dude is useless, his middle name is useless. . .
With a BMX bike seat - type head, dude aint picking nothing up but a snicker bar wrap. . . .
Useless buncha Obertans. . . grin

grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sir Alex Ferguson urges fans to end foul chant aimed at Arsène Wenger

Manchester United are to write an open letter to their fans in which Sir Alex Ferguson will appeal for an end to the chants aimed at Arsène Wenger whenever Arsenal visit Old Trafford. Wenger is routinely subjected to a chorus of "sit down you paedophile" and the Premier League champions are so embarrassed by the nature of the songs that Ferguson has agreed to back his old adversary.

"We have gone on the record several times about this disgusting chant. We don't condone it and have appealed to fans several times in the past but to no avail," a United spokesman said. "There are many chants that opposing fans find objectionable, and this is certainly one to which all decent supporters should object."

The Arsenal manager has suffered the same abuse at other grounds but there is a sense that it is worse at Old Trafford than when Arsenal play at White Hart Lane, the home of their arch-rivals Tottenham Hotspur. It was particularly noticeable when he was banished from the dug-out late in the 2-1 defeat for his team on 29 August, leading to a complaint from an Arsenal supporters' website and a promise from United's chief executive, David Gill, to bring it up as a lead item at the next meeting of the club's official fans' forum.

That took place before United's 2-0 defeat of Blackburn when it was mooted that the club's hierarchy, led by Ferguson, should support a forum-led campaign by conveying their feelings in a letter that will be sent to all of the club's fanzines, supporter groups and unofficial websites.

Though Ferguson is on reasonably good terms with Wenger these days, he has condemned these songs even when their relationship seemed broken to the point of being irreparable, describing them as "ridiculous" and arguing that "the police should be doing more".

In previous years United have published messages in their match-day programme, as well as addressing the problem on the club's own television channel, and when Ferguson was last asked about it publicly he said: "Manchester United and its supporters should also know very well the chants that have been levelled at us over the years – ie songs about Munich [air disaster] – and understand the sensitivity that is felt. I don't agree with it at all. There's enough to think about and admire in the game without resorting to denigrating people."

United will also instruct their stewards to take stronger action with supporters who ignore Ferguson's appeal. The club hope that ejecting some fans and confiscating season tickets will spread the message that it will no longer be tolerated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (101)

Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 / UEFA Champions League 2018/19 Draw / Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.