Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (76171 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2009
chic2pimp:

Wazza is 5'9/5'10 and stocky built while Ibra is 6'5. He is tall and powerfully built.

Height is not strength, amigo.
Are you trying to tell us Peter Crouch is also stronger than Tevez?? Are you ok?

He still Terrorised your defenders. The only thing he did wrong that night was not scoring.

Ibrahimovic did nothing.
He had no shots on target throughout the game.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 1:35am On Oct 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

Height is not strength, amigo.
Are you trying to tell us Peter Crouch is also stronger than Tevez?? Are you ok?

Big difference there. Peter is a big time lightweight who gets outmuscled easily where as I don't think I have ever seen Ibra get outmuscled. Ibra is a big physical specimen with the skills and technique too match it.

~Sauron~:

Ibrahimovic did nothing.
Him having no shots on target does not equate to him doing nothing. Both Rio & Vidic were gasping for breath after the ref blew the final whistle. You would have thought Ibra was the ring leader of Al qeada that night grin grin.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2009
Ibrahimovic did nothing.
at OT, he had very superb attempts at scoring
ask VDS and the woodworks
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by FBS: 8:24am On Oct 30, 2009
chic2pimp:

Big difference there. Peter is a big time lightweight who gets outmuscled easily where as I don't think I have ever seen Ibra get outmuscled. Ibra is a big physical specimen with the skills and technique too match it.
Him having no shots on target does not equate to him doing nothing. Both Rio & Vidic were gasping for breath after the ref blew the final whistle. You would have thought Ibra was the ring leader of Al qeada that night grin grin.
grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2009
chic2pimp:

what kind of twaddle is that?Any striker with no shots at goal did NOTHING.
This imp2chimp sef. lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2009
[size=18pt]Man Utd make Fabio booking appeal  [/size]

Fabio da Silva (left) was booked rather than brother Rafael
Manchester United have asked the Football Association to overturn the yellow card shown to Fabio da Silva against Barnsley in the Carling Cup.

Da Silva was booked by Chris Foy for a foul on Jamal Campbell-Ryce but the offender was his twin brother Rafael.

The FA confirmed it has been approached by the Old Trafford side and the submission will be heard by a regulatory commission on Tuesday.

The Brazilian twins, 19, helped United win 2-0 to reach the quarter-finals.

However, the holders finished the game with 10 men after Foy sent off Gary Neville for clattering into Adam Hammill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8332754.stm
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jalether(m): 11:43am On Oct 30, 2009
Afterall is said and done, Ibrahimovic is light years better than "one of the worst strikers in the EPL top 4" Berbasuck EOD
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 11:50am On Oct 30, 2009
jalether:

Afterall is said and done, Ibrahimovic is light years better than "one of the worst strikers in the EPL top 4" Berbasuck EOD

Why didn't you compare him to "one of the better strikers in the EPL top 4"
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jalether(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2009
RuuDie:

Why didn't you compare him to "one of the better strikers in the EPL top 4"

Based on his form this season, only 2 strikers in the EPL shits on him, Drogba & Torres, cest finni
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2009
Waoh!!! Vidic & Rio doubtful?
How we go manage? I hope Evans and Wes Brown deputises well.
They had better recovere and be in good shape for the trip to London!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2009
Emperoh:

Waoh!!! Vidic & Rio doubtful?
How we go manage? I hope Evans and Wes Brown deputises well.
They had better recovere and be in good shape for the trip to London!!

Johnny Evans n Wes Brown will play as CBs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jalether(m): 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

Johnny Evans n Wes Brown will play as CBs.

And this is what you call quality depth of squad, SMH
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2009
jalether:

And this is what you call quality depth of squad, SMH

Both of them are full internationals.
If that is not depth of squad, i dunno what else i ma call it.
Should Terry n Carvalho miss games for Chelsea, who can you call upon?

Alex? Ivanovic? grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2009
Both of them are full internationals.
If that is not depth of squad, i dunno what else i ma call it.
Should Terry n Carvalho miss games for Chelsea, who can you call upon?

Alex? Ivanovic?

alex is still ok
Ivano what? thats another Oshea
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2009
tkb417:

alex is still ok
Ivano what? thats another Oshea

When was the last time Alex played for Brazil?
Ivanovic? He is not better than Ritchie De Laet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2009
sauron,
you're a case.

But seriously,Wes brown and Johnny Evans will struggle,just like they did against Barnsley.Especially on set plays.
And they have some goliaths (BlackBurn-Samba,Jason Roberts) that can worry us.
Or am i being paranoid?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2009
funny enuff am beginning to feel a lot comfy with Johny Evans at the back than Ferdinand. . . . Evans & Vida seems a more balanced pair to me. Rio is losing it somewhat.

There's cuz for alarm if its Evans-Brown but i feel if a capable hand is at right-back, the defence will be a bit more sturdy.
I favor De Laet over O'shea, Gary or the Da Silvas. . . . . . if the WBs are capable then the CBs will have more time to focus on their duties and their bonding. . . . but a "young" CB pairing still trying to jell having to cover for WBs ontop of every, i tremble at the thot!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2009
Eastbay:

sauron,
you're a case.

But seriously,Wes brown and Johnny Evans will struggle,just like they did against Barnsley.Especially on set plays.
Or am i being paranoid?
you have every reason to be worried especially with Brown as a CB
hes best as a RB where his errors will go unnoticed.

Thank God Gary is suspended cos i cant imagine Gary, Evans and Brown all together on d field
im sure Blackburn will make use of our weakeness in d back very well
i hope Samba will not be fit cos jason is out. If those 2 are out, then no shit (Jason is shit tho)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2009
RuuDie:

funny enuff am beginning to feel a lot comfy with Johny Evans at the back than Ferdinand. . . . Evans & Vida seems a more balanced pair to me. Rio is losing it somewhat.

There's cuz for alarm if its Evans-Brown but i feel if a capable hand is at right-back, the defence will be a bit more sturdy.
I favor De Laet over O'shea, Gary or the Da Silvas. . . . . . if the WBs are capable then the CBs will have more time to focus on their duties and their bonding. . . . but a "young" CB pairing still trying to jell having to cover for WBs ontop of every, i tremble at the thot!
u spoke ma mind
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2009
Eastbay:

sauron,
you're a case.

Or am i being paranoid?

With VDS back, i am confident Evans and Brown can do a professional job at the back.
The game at Barnsley was as a result of Foster's confidence.
United should go with Rafael/Fabio---Brown---Evans----Evra.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2009
O'shea can play as a CB with evans. While brown sits on the bench.

VDS
Rafael O;shea Evans Evra

Anderson carrick

Valencia giggs

Rooney Owen
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Borat1: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2009
Look at that pathetic backside, grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2009
Only an idiot would pour scorn on the considerable talents of Alex and Ivanovic. . . . Ivanovic and Alex are both better than Carvalho, and would easily make the list of top 7 or 8 centre-backs in the EPL.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by vinisky: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2009
in other news silly boy ronaldo urges ronney to join him at real madrid. is ronaldo mad?

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/10300296/Ron-urges-Roo-to-join-him-at-Madrid

Ron urges Roo to join him at Madridby RivalsDM

add this RSS email print
Updated: October 31, 2009, 2:40 PM EDT 115 comments
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo believes his former Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney should follow him to the Bernabeu.

Ronaldo left Old Trafford in the summer for a record £80million fee to complete a dream move to the Spanish giants.

The Portuguese winger immediately impressed with Madrid scoring nine goals in seven games before suffering an ankle injury which has kept him on the sidelines for the past month.

And while he admits Rooney is unlikely to leave England any time soon, Ronaldo believes the 24-year-old would fit in at the La Liga club.

"Wayne would be a sensation out here. I think we could do with Rooney to help us out," Ronaldo told The Sun.

"He would be brilliant if he came. This is the ideal place for the world's best players and there's little doubt he is one of them.

"Wayne has all the skill and determination you need to make a fine career here.

"He has shown just how good he is over the last few years in England.

"And there's no doubt he would be the same sort of player in Spain. It would be lovely to see him here one day at Real Madrid.

"I realise it would take a lot for him to move from England.

"He loves the country, he loves Manchester and he is a Liverpool boy. And United is a good club for him. But you never know what could happen in the future."
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2009
~Borat~:

Look at that pathetic backside,   grin

So pathetic they failed to concede. tongue grin cool

Obertan's misses are still haunting me. cheesy But, the dude shows a lot of promise.
Hez got pace, has got very good footballing ideas. . .with time his finishing will definitely improve. Not bad, Fergie.

The defense did good. No cards, precious few fouls. . .did Blackburn even get any set-pieces from defensive fouls? I doubt it.
Ando was lovely in midfield. I just wish he would practice more on his shooting skillz. Dude just doesn't know how to shoot on-target.
Overall, I've got no issues with today's play.
Yeah, Blackburn didn't do much, but that's 'cos we didn't give 'em room to.

However, to defeat Chelsea at SB we've gotta play with the same kind of fire Liverpool played us with.
Speed/power/accuracy. . .end of. Nothing fancy is necessary.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Borat1: 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
Criz,
You only have to take a look at Blackburn's losing streak on the road (10) to know they just came to expend the 90 minutes, take a shower and leave.
They already got a hiding from arsenal and chelsea so wat woulda made this one different?
Your defense didnt do shit because questions werent asked of them. Blackburn offered nothing, NOTHING in attack, not even a 'shot on goal'.
Pretty easy game for you guys, but guess what. . . grin
Be afraid
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 12:00am On Nov 01, 2009
That defense did some good shit. . .unless you're trying to say Blackburn never got within our 18-yard box. tongue grin
For a back line missing both Rio and Vidic, they held pretty well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 01, 2009
However, to defeat Chelsea at SB we've gotta play with the same kind of fire Liverpool played us with.
Speed/power/accuracy.  .  .end of. Nothing fancy is necessary.

Deafeat Chelsea at SB?
Very tall order.

Even the excellent treble winning Barca couldn't.
How do you beat a team with a first rate backline?

Speed, power, accuracy?

That's our middle name.
Try some other tactics.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 9:57am On Nov 01, 2009
no matter what anybody says about berbatov. . . . he is a classy player and worth every penny of the 30m sale price; he's hardly ever going to be among the top scorers in any competition but he's good at his game!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 10:02am On Nov 01, 2009
BlueDiva:

Deafeat Chelsea at SB?
Very tall order.

Speed, power, accuracy?

That's our middle name.
Try some other tactics.

& yes UTD can beat chelsea at the bridge. . . . UTD always have too much respect to chelsea and even arsenal whenever they play and thats why they're hardly ever at their best in most of their games.
all UTD have to do is, take the shackles off and be extremely positive in approaching the game!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 10:11am On Nov 01, 2009
BlueDiva:

Deafeat Chelsea at SB?
Very tall order.

Speed, power, accuracy?

That's our middle name.
Try some other tactics.

Apply the right amount of pressure relentlessly, exploit any/every weakness.
I hope Ferriera plays. . .he was an obvious weak point. He is good, but not as strong as the rest. Too bad Bolton were too blind to exploit his angle properly.
Like I said, if United approach the game like a loss will send 'em straight into relegation zone, they will win.
If they start playing all fancy-like, Chelsea will just bully 'em, especially in the midfield. And that equals death.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 01, 2009
I hope Ferriera plays.  .  .he was an obvious weak point. He is good, but not as strong as the rest. Too bad Bolton were too blind to exploit his angle properly

Ferriera was supported by Carvalho and that sealed that left flank.

CA will most likely go for Zhirkov if A.Cole ain't back.
We have it all figured out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (101)

Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 / UEFA Champions League 2018/19 Draw / Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.