Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (75383 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2009
dayokanu:

The ref got the major decisions wrong especially how did Johny Evans not bag a red card for the karate kick on Drogba

The wrong offside call against Rooney in the first half nko?
Drogba's trip on Evans nko? Cashley Coles dive for the match deciding free-kick?
Better look for other places to cry for your team oo!!

Mancs
Spirited performance. . . . great game. Rooney and Fletcher should be given Selflessness award!!
I really feel sad when we lose a game we played well in. . . . . to be frank, the backline surprised and the places we thought were weak links performed wonders. . . .lets just hope we get the big calls at other times.
The sad thing is that international games are up and this place is gotta be boring.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by FBS: 8:14am On Nov 09, 2009
This will go down as your best performance of the season. . .sorry no result to show for it.

(Not that you had that many clear cut chances though).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 8:20am On Nov 09, 2009
UTD didnt deserve to win/lose the game
The game was cut for a draw b4 the call by the REF to award a nonsense freekick

by the way, i saw Evans playin like a champion, Evans pocketed Drogba truout
Classic!!!!!!!!!

hmm, did you guys see Obertan? Holy Mary
Nani is finished!!!!!!

One United!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by yjay(f): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2009
tkb417:

Classic!!!!!!!!!

Nani is finished!!!!!!

One United!

yes i did! & he was HOTTTTTTT! shld ve been brought in earlier though! despite the fact that we ddnt win, i must say MANU'S performance was outstanding yesterday & DD, embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:21am On Nov 09, 2009
tkb417:

Classic!!!!!!!!!

Nani is finished!!!!!!

One United!
He finished before he even started! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2009
Fergie insists Joe Cole was blocking the refs view. . . Though i agree it was a bad call, is joe cole even tall enough to obstruct a midget's view? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2009
I think i am more worried that this thread is gonna be boring for the next 10days or so cos of the International break.
Chelsea won, they've got the three points and bragging rights which is what i think this is all about.
Big four results don't win league. . . . so lets do the right thing and move on!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2009
I love when our rivals feel cheated by a defeat. It hurts, dont it?  grin

A lot of nuccas missing from this thread. . . . lets have a quick roll call to find out where these nuccas are:

Cristalz
Tubabie
Binghinya
Eastbay
Phony 2000

Anyone else missing?  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2009
Oga Ibime,
I'm here.Some of us actually don't live on NL like you do,cus we got other things to do on Monday morning.
I thought we would be slaughtered by your so-called blue army.
Instead you had to rely on a defence shorn of first-choice players and a dodgy freekick to score.
No problems.First blow to Chelsea.
Hope you guys dont moan when you're at the other end.
BTW,how come Lampard never seems to play when United are in town?
And how did the game resemble a fixture at OT instead of SB?Especially in the second half?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
Eastbay down, 4 to go.

Where are they? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ibime,
How come you sound rather subdued for a guy whose side won a big four fixture?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2009
Eastbay:

Ibime,
How come you sound rather subdued for a guy whose side won a big four fixture?

Out of respect for the game you guys played. . . if it was 4-0, it would be another story.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by nateevs(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ref's thread.
The only where refs are blamed for everything. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ibime:

Out of respect for the game you guys played. . . if it was 4-0, it would be another story.
Don't tell me you actually expected 4-nil.
Sometimes you can be gracious (other times drunk at noon grin)
But nice one sha.You guys were resilient.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2009
Eastbay:

BTW,how come Lampard never seems to play when United are in town?
And how did the game resemble a fixture at OT instead of SB?Especially in the second half?

How can Lampard play well when the best midfield triumvirate in Europe was in town?
There's no midfield set up in the world that can dominate Fletcher-Anderson-Carrick triumvirate in the whole of Europe.
I have seen enough of them to know this. . . .FA Cup Arsenal(4-0), UCL: Arsenal(1-0), Arsenal(3-1) and now EPL: Chelsea(0-1).
Individually, they are not world class players but as a unit, i dunno any midfield set-up that can match these 3 energetic midfielders.

Fergie should now stick to this PLAN in big games that require us to play 4-3-3.

@ Eastbay,

On the matchday thread. . . . .Ibime predicted United would win after 60 odd minutes.
It's so unfortunate he has now changed his stance because a stupid referee decided to be a HOMER!!!
All the major decisions went AGAINST Man Utd except this. . . . .

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

How can Lampard play well when the best midfield triumvirate in England was in town?
There's no midfield set up in the world that can dominate Fletcher-Anderson-Carrick triumvirate in the whole of Europe.
I have seen enough of them to know this. . . .FA Cup Arsenal(4-0), UCL: Arsenal(1-0), Arsenal(3-1) and now EPL: Chelsea(0-1).
Individually, they are not world class players but as a unit, i dunno any midfield set-up that can match these 3 energetic midfielders.

Fergie should now stick to this PLAN in big games that require us to play 4-3-3.
The problem with that formation is that width is essential.But I agree with you; it's effective.It only limits our offensive options
I wish Hargo played.He woulda, no don't let me start sounding like dayokanu.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2009
Eastbay:

The problem with that formation is that width is essential.But I agree with you; it's effective.It only limits our offensive options
I wish Hargo played.He woulda, no don't let me start sounding like dayokanu.

It was the perfect tactics, perfect personnel but with a spastic referee. . . . .United shoulda be home n dry in the first half.

Valencia's shirt was pulled down by Terry. . . . . . . . .Rooney was put through by Anderson in the pass of the game.
Referee/Line Assistant made atrocious calls and the decisions went against us.
U cannot be getting these decisions against you and expect visiting teams to win. Same thing happened to Tottenham at SB.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by nateevs(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2009
tkb419 said the game ManU played yesterday proves Chelsea can't win the premiership. . . He thinks ONE game proves we can't win the premiership. .
Unfortunately ManU can only decide twice against us in a season where the title goes. . and we've won one of the deciders.

I am taking every game one after another. I am not saying Chelsea will win the premiership but I am struggling to see why we can't win.
5 pts clear for now. Next up Wolves.

One game after another.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2009
nateevs:

tkb419 said the game ManU played yesterday proves Chelsea can't win the premiership. . . He thinks ONE game proves we can't win the premiership. .
Unfortunately ManU can only decide twice against us in a season where the title goes. . and we've won one of the deciders.

U won't win the PREM on the evidence of what i saw yesterday.
Chelsea are simply not good enough and woe betides any group of people that come here to tell me Drogba is better than Rooney.
11 league games against Man Utd. . . . .0 goals.

Rooney OUTPLAYED him yesterday by milesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

U won't win the PREM on the evidence of what i saw yesterday.
Chelsea are simply not good enough and woe betides any group of people that come here to tell me Drogba is better than Rooney.
11 league games against Man Utd. . . . .0 goals.

Rooney OUTPLAYED him yesterday by milesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

And Johnny Evans almost killed Drogba with a karate kick to the chest . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2009
No2Atheism:

And Johnny Evans almost killed Drogba with a karate kick to the chest . . .

If he didn't do that, Drogba was on his way to barge him out of the game.
That was the reason why Drogba went for the jump. . . .referee saw that and he carded Drogba.
Evans had to protect himself like goalkeepers do when they jump.

Drogba had no right going for the ball Evans had won in the air already.

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2009
Sauron,
The way Drogba was rolling around and acting like he was convulsing after the kick,you woulda thought he was going to die.Unfortunately he was only play-acting.Cus he got up and continued playing.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:00pm On Nov 09, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
The way Drogba was rolling around and acting like he was convulsing after the kick,you woulda thought he was going to die.Unfortunately he was only play-acting.Cus he got up and continued playing.

Did you not see how Lampard walked away from the incident?
They all know Drogba is a drama queen. . . . . . .Lampard just ignored his theatrics and got on with his business.

Drogba is a disgrace to all that is good in football.
Evans raped him time n time again. . . .and this is the 2nd time he has done that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2009
Dont want to join the debate about Chelsea being able to win the title,though waht we saw yesterday wasn't any indication.
nateevs,
stop foaming in your anus.
one game NEVER decides a title race.
Johnny Evans was at the risk of being paralysed by that Drogba jump.Self defence grin
Unfortunately,Drogba didn't meet Bolton,Stoke,Ateletico and the like where he could score for free.
How come apart from the FA Cup final in 2007,he hasn't scored against United?
How come a makeshift central defence pairing kept him dull and dumb til lhe attempted to get the ref's attention by forcing a convulsion?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

If he didn't do that, Drogba was on his way to barge him out of the game.
That was the reason why Drogba went for the jump. . . .referee saw that and he carded Drogba.
Evans had to protect himself like goalkeepers do when they jump.

Drogba had no right going for the ball Evans had won in the air already.

Football involves body contact but it does not mean you have the right to pluck someone from the skies.

Going the comment you made above, would you rather have Drogba barge into Evans and then you get a free kick or you'd rather have red card. . . . .which the stupid ref failed to give.
The kick was unnecessary and OTT.
Evans knew exactly what he was doing. . . . He got it. . . .a yellow card for Drogba and a substitution moments later but not after Drogba hacked Wes brown down.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2009
OMO IBO:

Football involves body contact but it does not mean you have the right to pluck someone from the skies.

Evans had to protect himself.

Going the comment you made above, would you rather have Drogba barge into Evans and then you get a free kick or you'd rather have red card. . . . .which the stupid ref failed to give.

I would have the RED CARD cos had Drogba barged into Evans when he was mid-air, Evans woulda been taken to the hospital.
Evans was always going to get the ball before Didier but Drogba wanted to go and barge into him.
Watch the gif. . . . .Look at the moment Evans got the ball and where Drogba was. . . . .Drogba just wanted to injure him and Evans was smarter.

The kick was unnecessary and OTT.
Evans knew exactly what he was doing. . . . He got it. . . .a yellow card for Drogba and a substitution moments later but not after Drogba hacked Wes brown down.

Abeggi.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by nateevs(m): 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2009
You talk so much shit.

Besides the Wigan game, yesterday's game was Chelsea's worst game of the season.
So now you think by having 2 bad games in the season so far, we can't win the prem.
You were worse against Liverpool than what we were yesterday. . yet Utd are good enough and Chelsea are not.

Drogba was "GOING TO" barge into Evans, so he deserved to be booked . .
Evans "KICKED" . . . but doesn't deserve to be booked.

So much shit.

So of us are really objective.
I said on my thread that I would be conservative and settle for a draw.
I said on the live thread that people were making too much mouth and they should thread with caution.

I accept you were marginally better than us yesterday. I accept that the free kick was a 50-50. . Objectivity. .
but you. . . As long as Utd are involved, you just roll.

Two days ago you were telling how Utd could lose to all the big four and win the prem. . Small team win matter was what you said.
We have rolled over the small teams and gone one further by picking up 6pts from an available 18. . and yet we still not good enough.

If Utd were in this position, the only thing we will hear you say is "Only May Matters". .
Now it's Chelsea, "We are not good enough"

So much shit.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by mukina2: 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ibime:

I love when our rivals feel cheated by a defeat. It hurts, dont it?  grin

A lot of nuccas missing from this thread. . . . lets have a quick roll call to find out where these nuccas are:

Cristalz

She is busy, will be online as soon as she can and is not running away wink

@ Scummies
how does it feel to play the game and lose the match? grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2009
Nice follow-through by Evans.I wish he had got his head instead of his chest. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
Evans had to protect himself.
how?? by kicking his chest??

I would have the RED CARD cos had Drogba barged into Evans when he was mid-air, Evans woulda been taken to the hospital.
Evans was always going to get the ball before Didier but Drogba wanted to go and barge into him.
Watch the gif. . . . .Look at the moment Evans got the ball and where Drogba was. . . . .Drogba just wanted to injure him and Evans was smarter.
The ball was there to be won.
The ball was neither in Drogba's nor Evans control although Evans was going to get the ball before Drogba but he definitely did not have it under control.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
nateevs:

You talk so much shit.

Besides the Wigan game, yesterday's game was Chelsea's worst game of the season.
So now you think by having 2 bad games in the season so far, we can't win the prem.
You were worse against Liverpool than what we were yesterday. . yet Utd are good enough and Chelsea are not.

Aston Villa pounded you into submission. Add that to the list of bad games Chelsea have played.

Drogba was "GOING TO" barge into Evans, so he deserved to be booked . .
Evans "KICKED" . . . but doesn't deserve to be booked.

I did not say Evans didn't deserve a RED CARD.
All i said was the referee saw Drogba attempting to barge into Evans and that was why he booked Drogba.
If he had seen Evans' flying kick. . . . .Evans woulda walked.

So of us are really objective.
I said on my thread that I would be conservative and settle for a draw.
I said on the live thread that people were making too much mouth and they should thread with caution.

U did not. . . . . . .U said United were there for the taking as Vidic was on the bench.
U told us Drogba has made it his job to score in every game at SB and reh reh reh.

I accept you were marginally better than us yesterday. I accept that the free kick was a 50-50. . Objectivity. .
but you. . . As long as Utd are involved, you just roll.

Marginally?
Deco, Lampard, Essien, Ballack and Drogba had no impact in the game throughout 90 mins.
Rooney was put through in the 1st half by Anderson. . . . . .Rooney one on one with Cech can only produce one result. . .GOAL.
Before then, Terry nearly tore Valencia's shirt apart in the box. . . . .That woulda been a RED for Terry(being the last man) and a pen. for United.

Two days ago you were telling how Utd could lose to all the big four and win the prem. . Small team win matter was what you said.
We have rolled over the small teams and gone one further by picking up 6pts from an available 18. . and yet we still not good enough.

All your BIG games have been at HOME so the fixtures have favoured you.
Liverpool(SB), Tottenham(SB), Man Utd(SB).
We shall see when you visit the Emirates, OT, Anfield and White Hart Lane.

If Utd were in this position, the only thing we will hear you say is "Only May Matters". .
Now it's Chelsea, "We are not good enough"
So much shit.

That is because United have a track record to back it up.
Chelsea don't have that CV yet so there's always going to be doubts in the mind of the fans.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2009
OMO IBO:

how?? by kicking his chest??

By raising his foot. . . . . .

The ball was there to be won.
The ball was neither in Drogba's nor Evans control although Evans was going to get the ball before Drogba but he definitely did not have it under control.

The ball was not there to be won. Evans was going to get the ball before Drogba.
That was the major reason the referee booked Drogba. . . . .Drogba was going for a ball that Evans had already won and he woulda injured Evans if Evans didn't kick out.

The way Vidic smiled after the incident was MINT!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (101)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020 / Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 / UEFA Champions League 2018/19 Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.