Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (75387 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2009
OMO IBO,
Anu-ofia like you.
Which ball was there to be won.Evans was way up in the sky heading the ball before Drogba even took off.Don't tell me you didn't see that.He WAS up to mischief.
Anything he got after that is his problem.
Sauron,
Vidic is the devil-come-to-life!
That smirk was like saying"boy,u bad!u lear well!!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,

Vida woulda been handy in those last few moments when we were playing corner kicks after corner kicks. . . .Dunno why Fergie didn't bring him on.
Chelsea at SB had no single corner-kick. . . . .what a SHAME!!!

Meanwhile, Fletcher is fast gaining a reputation.
Jeeez. . . . . .I have never seen Chelsea's midfield so impotent.

Ballack and Lampard were non-existent.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2009
can lampard play footie
that para-lympian

shitty people
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2009
Lampard?Over-rated piece of jelly pudding.
How did I know?England vs Portugal in Germany 2006.Hargo took over Englands midfield,while Lampard wilted.
He has never played good football against United.None that I can remember.Na only bolton im sabi bully.
Fletcher's straight-up appraoch is unsettling.No flair,no style.Just get the tackle in.Even Essien was wondering what he had gotten himself into with Fletcher.
It's amazing that a midfield of Deco,Bollocks,Lampard,Essien couldn't find a way past Fletcher.
I hear he's playing on a broken ankle.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by nateevs(m): 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Aston Villa pounded you into submission. Add that to the list of bad games Chelsea have played.

I did not say Evans didn't deserve a RED CARD.
All i said was the referee saw Drogba attempting to barge into Evans and that was why he booked Drogba.
If he had seen Evans' flying kick. . . . .Evans woulda walked.

U did not. . . . . . .U said United were there for the taking as Vidic was on the bench.
U told us Drogba has made it his job to score in every game at SB and reh reh reh.

Marginally?
Deco, Lampard, Essien, Ballack and Drogba had no impact in the game throughout 90 mins.
Rooney was put through in the 1st half by Anderson. . . . . .Rooney one on one with Cech can only produce one result. . .GOAL.
Before then, Terry nearly tore Valencia's shirt apart in the box. . . . .That woulda been a RED for Terry(being the last man) and a pen. for United.

All your BIG games have been at HOME so the fixtures have favoured you.
Liverpool(SB), Tottenham(SB), Man Utd(SB).
We shall see when you visit the Emirates, OT, Anfield and White Hart Lane.

That is because United have a track record to back it up.
Chelsea don't have that CV yet so there's always going to be doubts in the mind of the fans.

Aston Villa did not pound us into submission. We were better than Aston Villa on the day. We didn't take our chances and we conceded cheap goals.
I am talking about bad games we had. Games were we didn't just turn up.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-278163.2848.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-348177.32.html

This was me talking about a draw before the game. Way before the game. Debo quoted me.
and me saying everyone is making mouth. I am objective. I have always been.
You will never be as long as Utd is involved.

And Yes Marginally I said. These are the stats of the game.
because you made all the fine passes and broke up our play, You had more possession.
You pressured us more pushing us to our goal . . hence the corner kicks.

but we had the more effective play, we had more shots on goal and forced more saves.

Shots (on Goal)   12(6)   18(2)
Fouls                   13         15
Corner Kicks             0 7
Offsides                     1 2
Time of Possession 47% 53%
Yellow Cards             3 3
Red Cards             0 0
Saves                     2 5

All the big games have been at the Bridge. . Why can't we go away and draw. . . or win.
Liverpool did a double on you last season with your so called "fine form" Why can't we.
I have decided not to make predictions this season but I am going to do this one.

We win beat Arsenal at Emirates and Spurs at WHL. . and I will be here to hear what you say.

Chelsea won 1-0. 5pts clear and that is all that matters for now.
Predicting doom is all you can mange for now.
While you are at that, we will grind out results when we have to and steam-roll when we have to.

It's all about the 3pts.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2009
Sauron has a point when he says all chelseas big games have been at home. . . I'm confident chelsea will get stuffed on the road, starting on the 29th. where a savage anal rape is on the cards cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by FBS: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2009
nateevs:

Aston Villa did not pound us into submission. We were better than Aston Villa on the day. We didn't take our chances and we conceded cheap goals.
I am talking about bad games we had. Games were we didn't just turn up.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-278163.2848.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-348177.32.html

This was me talking about a draw before the game. Way before the game. Debo quoted me.

because you made all the fine passes and broke up our play, You had more possession.

but we had the more effective play, we had more shots on goal and forced more saves.

All the big games have been at the Bridge. . Why can't we go away and draw. . . or win.
Liverpool did a double on you last season with your so called "fine form" Why can't we.
I have decided not to make predictions this season but I am going to do this one.

We win beat Arsenal at Emirates and Spurs at WHL. . and I will be here to hear what you say.

While you are at that, we will grind out results when we have to and steam-roll when we have to.

It's all about the 3pts.
Spot on!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2009
nateevs:

U are not objective.
How can you be objective and say United were marginally better?

80% of those shots on goal were backpasses to VDS.
Ivanovic, Anelka were poking shots Foster woulda caught while snoozing.

No corner-kicks at SB for Chelsea says it all.
Had the big decisions gone for us, you wouldn't be saying this.
At a time in the match day thread, you confessed United were the better team and dominating the midfield area.
Now add Valencia's penalty shout and Rooney's through-ball to the equation. If we had won 1-0 or 2-0, no one woulda complained at the Bridge.

Did you know you were going to be undressed by Wigan and Villa??

We will beat Arsenal at Emirates and Spurs at WHL. . and I will be here to hear what you say.

We SHALL see.

U beat us 2-1 in 07/08 season and United won the league.
That season, Chelsea did not win a single trophy. grin
United will not lose the title because they were beaten at SB but. . . . .last night's performance showed Chelsea are not ready to win the league yet.

It's all about the 3pts.

By Jan/Feb . . . . .The 2 teams woulda played the same opposition to an extent.
Come back to us then and letz see what the table would look like.
By first week in January, United would be back on top or tied on GD(U can bookmark this page).

Eastbay:

Lampard?Over-rated piece of jelly pudding.
How did I know?England vs Portugal in Germany 2006.Hargo took over Englands midfield,while Lampard wilted.
He has never played good football against United.None that I can remember.Na only bolton im sabi bully.
Fletcher's straight-up appraoch is unsettling.No flair,no style.Just get the tackle in.Even Essien was wondering what he had gotten himself into with Fletcher.
It's amazing that a midfield of Deco,Bollocks,Lampard,Essien couldn't find a way past Fletcher.
I hear he's playing on a broken ankle.

Fletcher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All the midfielders in the PREM.

The reason why none of our midfielders(Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher) are termed world-class is because individually they aren't really world class articles yet

It's also to do with the fact our midfield has been rotated so much, and many variations from three man, to two man etc
None of our midfielders have really carved out a role for themselves and had a consistent run of games in a certain position to allow them to gain a reputation a la Fabregas, Makelele(@ Chelsea), Lampard(Chelsea), Mascherano(Liverpool).
This is why i think Scholes and Giggsy should please retire so the YOUTH can FLOURISH.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2009
Make una save predictive analytics for later. The game at SB tells us nothing about what may happen at OT.

Chew the cud with me here. . .

Man Utd came to SB, changed their tactics and flooded the midfield with the aim of stifling Chelsea. A job they did very well. . . . . but that tells us nothing about how the game at OT will pan out.

At OT, the onus is on Man Utd to attack, and that is where their attacking deficiencies will come to the fore. They will concede space in midfield by virtue of the fact they are playing at home. Then we will see whose game is superior for real. One thing is for sure, Chelsea will play the same way whether home or away. We are confident in our style.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2009
I think some of us haven't looked at this Evans kick o Drogba well.
Ball is in air, Evans has jumped and clearly on to nod the ball. . .then Drogba runs in on him from 3 metres away, hasn't even jumped.
Without raising his leg which i didn't like Evans was always going to be barged into. If you know u are truthful, look at the gif very well.
Secondly, while jumping, Evans eyes was on the ball and he will claim he had no idea Drogba was coming.

Didier had no right contesting for that ball, he wasn't close enough, Evans has beaten him to the ball, Drogba was never going to jump that high.
So why try to trick the referee? I can equally say that Didier ran into Evans legs to get a penalty and as such dived. Simulation! Yes it can be claimed
So we should quit trying to see what he did wrong or right. The main spoils of the battle went to you guys.
And i think u guys should be lucky you got it.

As for winning the league? Its not completely cut out for anyone. I wish to remind my fellow Mancs that we weren't really in full form when we won the EPL last term so its not yet cut out. This predictive reasonings should start in February. Arsenal have also come into contention. SO its more exciting.
By the time games begin to come in torrents and rains, then we'll know who is more injury free and has the depth of squad to cope.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ibime:

Make una save predictive analytics for later. The game at SB tells us nothing about what may happen at OT.
Chew the cud with me here. . .

Chew the curd yourself.

Man Utd came to SB, changed their tactics and flooded the midfield with the aim of stifling Chelsea. A job they did very well. . . . . but that tells us nothing about how the game at OT will pan out.

It does cos this same formation was used to destroy Arsenal in the CL S/finals last season.
It's 4-3-3 not 4-5-1.

At OT, the onus is on Man Utd to attack, and that is where their attacking deficiencies will come to the fore. They will concede space in midfield by virtue of the fact they are playing at home. Then we will see whose game is superior for real. One thing is for sure, Chelsea will play the same way whether home or away. We are confident in our style.

Ask Arsenal what happened to em.
U think Terry will get away with his shirt-tugging antics at OT? U think Anderson's through-pass to Rooney woulda been ruled OFFSIDE at OT?
Just wait n see.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2009
nateevs,
How can you explain that you had no corner kicks at home?
I don't know what you mean by "marginally".
Cus United didn't deserve to lose.What were the possession stats for the second hal,please?And what do you mean by meaningful possession?
The only difference,even though I do't want to look at it as a reason,was the dodgy ref.
As for the top four clashes,the Liverpool you mentioned should be a pointer that the winner of the games between top four doesn't count.
Liverpool took 14 out of a possible 18 and didnt win the league.
As far as I'm concerned,you should not yet rejoice.It's not even up to a third of the league games and you're already ejaculating.
Leave long thing,abeg.
This was a lucky win,as far as I'm concerned.But we'll go on.I think you sound like you've already achieved your season's aim.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by nateevs(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2009
Chelsea will play the same way is the key Ibime.
Four in midfield against their 2 cause they have to play 2 upfront.

Different game entirely and the same at the Emirates, Anfield and WHL.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2009
Eastbay:

OMO IBO,
Anu-ofia like you.
Which ball was there to be won.Evans was way up in the sky heading the ball before Drogba even took off.Don't tell me you didn't see that.He WAS up to mischief.
Anything he got after that is his problem.
Sauron,
Oh wow, are you now saying the opponent shouldn't go after a ball if he has a chance of catching it or making something off it? Even if he
makes himself look like a fool?
If that's case, then people like Carlos Tevez shouldnt be playing football.
Dude, if you know anything about football, you'd understand that a ball in the air is anybody's.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2009
nateevs:

Chelsea will play the same way is the key Ibime.
Four in midfield against their 2 cause they have to play 2 upfront.

There were only 3 players in our midfield last night. . . . .Don't be confused.
Fletcher's energy seems like 3 players but he is just ONE player.

Fletcher raped Ballack n Lampard without condoms.
Same way he has not failed yet to rape Arsenal's midfielders.
I can't wait to see him against Lucas/Mascherano and Gerrard.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by nateevs(m): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2009
Eastbay:

nateevs,
How can you explain that you had no corner kicks at home?
I don't know what you mean by "marginally".
Cus United didn't deserve to lose.What were the possession stats for the second hal,please?And what do you mean by meaningful possession?
The only difference,even though I do't want to look at it as a reason,was the dodgy ref.
As for the top four clashes,the Liverpool you mentioned should be a pointer that the winner of the games between top four doesn't count.
Liverpool took 14 out of a possible 18 and didnt win the league.
As far as I'm concerned,you should not yet rejoice.It's not even up to a third of the league games and you're already ejaculating.
Leave long thing,abeg.
This was a lucky win,as far as I'm concerned.But we'll go on.I think you sound like you've already achieved your season's aim.

The ability to see where one is coming from hs always been your problem.
You can't quote me rejoicing. . I have said Chelsea will win the prem either. .
I have reiterated time and again. .

The table stays the same 5pts clear.
We are taking every game one after another. . and hope to take 3 pts in every game.
We will grind out results where we can and rampage when we can.

How is that premature rejoicing. .?

You should read mate.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2009
Whats all this noise about fletcher? How does fletcher committing a dozen fouls which the ref failed to give(including the most blatant penalty in premier league history) equate to good play?
The referees in England are so useless they make fletcher look world class cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2009
OMO IBO
Going after a late ball is waste of energy. . . . .and in the event you catch a place late,
there is only one result, A yellow. Check all the cards Tevez has got thruout his play at OT, most of them where thru late challenges
While haggling and harassing players. . . not to say its wrong though but any little thing will be seen as intentional.
thats why Sauron keeps calling him a headless chicken!!!
Drogba was everly going to foul Evans and that he raised his leg, doesn't justify his why Drogba shouldn't be booked!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2009
nateevs,
The ability to understand English is your problem.
Who was the first person to equate yesterday's win to a possible title win?And who was the first person to bring up the link between big four wins and the title?
You think you're smart,that's why you think you're objective,that's why you can manage to write a lot and say nothing at the same time.
Omo ibo,
Please visit your nearest oculist.
Tell me how many players are like Tevez,and if Drogba does it all the time.Apart from wrestling opponents half his size.
Drogba meant to hurt.End of.Even his teammates didn't bother to rally round him when he was down.Does that tell you something?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2009
Emperoh:

OMO IBO
Going after a late ball is waste of energy. . . . .and in the event you catch a place late,
there is only one result, A yellow. Check all the cards Tevez has got thruout his play at OT, most of them where thru late challenges
While haggling and harassing players. . . not to say its wrong though but any little thing will be seen as intentional.
Drogba was everly going to foul Evans and that he raised his leg, doesn't justify his why Drogba shouldn't be booked!!

Nna biko kedu ka isi fo the match nya?

Nwere nwanyo. Ewe sana referee iwe!  grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2009
ritchboy:

Whats all this noise about fletcher? How does fletcher committing a dozen fouls which the ref failed to give(including the most blatant penalty in premier league history) equate to good play?
The referees in England are so useless they make fletcher look world class cheesy

Gattusso and Makelele became LEGENDS in that kinda craft.

Fletcher is becoming the most feared midfielder in the EPL.
His victims keep piling up(Lampard, Ballack, Barry, De Jong, Diaby, Fabregas, Ireland, Denilson, Alex Song).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2009
Omo ibo,
Please visit your nearest oculist.
Tell me how many players are like Tevez,and if Drogba does it all the time.Apart from wrestling opponents half his size.
Drogba meant to hurt.End of.Even his teammates didn't bother to rally round him when he was down.Does that tell you something?

Emperoh:

OMO IBO

I'm sorry, i do not understand your arguements?

Tevez chased a ball that was all but lost then made something out of it. He terrorised and bullied Foster into making an error which resulted in the goal against you guys.
It would have been a different case had he not gone for the ball.

Same thing applies here, instead Drogba get a kick to his chest then a yellow card.
Again, I repeat, the ball was in the air and there to be won.
Evans never at anytime had the ball under control.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by FBS: 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2009
The Karate kid! Shameful!  tongue

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2009
Omo Ibo
What does there to be won mean to you?
Evans had the ball before Drogba jumped.Or is there something I'm missing?
Sauron,
Don't mind those who question Fletcher's role.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2009
The karate kid pocketed Drogba for 90 mins

the lad is just 21; im sure Drug is 35

see levels
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by scottN(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2009
tkb417:

see levels
Drogba is 31 and besides every striker has his off days!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
Sauron
arsenal won the midfield battle at OT with relative ease, try again.
why not add every midfielder in the league to ur list?

P.S. Lampard(aka mr anonymous) is always on auto-rape so i have no idea why he's on ur list cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2009
tkb417:

see levels
I knew you were wanking when the game was being played.

How come Evans didn't stop Drogba from hacking Wes Brown down?
The last time I checked the goal was scored in the 70-something minute or so and Drogba was substituted moments later.
That doesn't sound/look like 90-minutes to me, . . . .or does it??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2009
OMO IBO
I don't think you watched this match?
How can u say Evans didn't have the advantage over that ball?
Up in the air even before Drogba even took off. . . . . . . . . was nodding the ball before Drogba arrived and ran into his leg.
OMO IBO tell me, if Evans' leg was in the air as was then, tell me what the outcome would be, unbiased!!!!
That would amount to a late challenge and then a yellow car. But for his foolhardiness, he got double punished.
By Evans in blue belter style tongue tongue and then the ref for clear intentions in an FA style tongue

Ibime
I hope you won't cry when the big decisions go against u guys at OT?
I enjoyed the game thoroughly but just like all Mancs, was disappointed with the result.
Nonetheless, its not a season decider, there' still a whoopiing 26 games to go. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dyabman(m): 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2009
ritchboy:

Sauron
arsenal won the midfield battle at OT with relative ease, try again.
why not add every midfielder in the league to your list?

P.S. Lampard(aka mr anonymous) is always on auto-rape so i have no idea why he's on your list cheesy

stop being a fool witchboy tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2009
Fagman
what exactly are u disputing? cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2009
Emperoh, the ref was stupid.
Evans' unsporting behaviour deserved not only a red card but a minimum 3-match ban.
But he got away with nothing. . . . .not even a warning.

The fact that Evan's got to the ball before Drogba does not mean he had it under control.
Drogba's presence may been enough for him to make mistake.

Foster got to the ball before Tevez, but did he at anytime have the ball under control?? NO!

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (101)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020 / Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 / UEFA Champions League 2018/19 Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.