Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17765 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 5:36am On Nov 24, 2008
PSALM 91-1
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty

PSALM 91-2
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God; in Him will I trust

PSALM 91-3
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence

PSALM 91-5
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by the day

PSALM 91-6
Nor for the pestilence that worketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday

PSALM 91-7
A thousand shall fall at thy side and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come near thee

PSALM 91-8
Only with the eyes shall you behold and see the reward of the wicked

PSALM 91-10
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come near thy dwelling

PSALM 91-11
For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways

PSALM 91-12
They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 9:36am On Nov 24, 2008
Luke 10:19
19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy,
and nothing shall by any means hurt you
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2008
NUMBERS 23-23

Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2008
MARK 16-17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2008
LUKE 10-19

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kolaoloye(m): 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2008
Psalm 37:28
For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever,
but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kokorunna(m): 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2008
Matthew 6:5-6

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

www.churchwhereabouts.com
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Maykelly(f): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2008
Isaiah 59 verse 1

Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2008
Ecclesiastes 11-3

If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by hubreality(m): 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2008
Mark 11:22-23 says "And Jesus said unto them, Have faith in God. 23. For very I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith" Thank you Jesus.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Poj1(m): 6:13am On Nov 26, 2008
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Poj1(m): 6:17am On Nov 26, 2008
ROMANS 8:31
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2008
GALATIANS 2-20

I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live;

yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life

which I now live in the flesh,

I live by the faith of the Son of God,

who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2008
COLOSSIANS 1:26-27

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentles; Which Is Christ In You, The Hope Of Glory
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2008
Isaiah 57:15

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy;
I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit,
to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by rezzy: 11:43am On Nov 27, 2008
LAMENTATIONS 3 vs 37

Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2008
ISAIAH 60-1-20

Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself; for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of mourning shall be ended.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2008
2 CORINTIANS 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 9:00am On Nov 28, 2008
HOSEA 4-6

My people are destroyed (perish) for lack of knowledge
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Poj1(m): 12:11am On Nov 29, 2008
Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Poj1(m): 12:14am On Nov 29, 2008
Pr 20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Poj1(m): 12:16am On Nov 29, 2008
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Poj1(m): 12:18am On Nov 29, 2008
Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Poj1(m): 12:21am On Nov 29, 2008
Isa 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2008
2 Corin 4-18

While we look not at the things which are seen,

but at the things which are not seen:

for the things which seen are temporal (subject to change)

but the things which are not seen are[b] Eternal!![/b]
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2008
Galatians 6-10

As we have therefore opportunity

let us do good unto all men

Especially unto them who are of the household of faith
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Poj1(m): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2008
Romans 5:17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2008
1Timothy 6-12

Fight the good fight of faith

lay hold on Eternal life,

where unto thou art also called and

hast professed a good profession before many witnesses
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Pepeye(f): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2008
2 Corin 4-18

While we look not at the things which are seen

but at the things which are not seen;

for the things which seen are temporal (subject to change)

but the things which are not seen are Eternal!!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by damiso(f): 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2008
'Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for,the evidence of things not seen,
For by it the the elders obtained a good report
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God,so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear'
Hebrews Ch 11vs1-3

'But without faith,it is impossible to please him;for he that cometh to the Lord must belive that he is,and that he is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him'
Hebrews Ch11vs 6

'In the beggining was the word,and the word was with God and the word was God'
John Ch1vs1
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by cibilola(f): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2008
jer 1:12 (kjv): [center]Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.[/center]

jer1:12 (niv): [center]The LORD said to me, "You have seen correctly, for I am watching [a] to see that my word is fulfilled."[/center]
I really like the NIV translation b/cos it puts it in plain english that all the prophesies in the Bible, God will see to it that it becomes fulfilment in our lives.

So, when you declare those words from the bible such as 'you shall not be barren', 'no weapon formed against you shall prosper' etc; say it with the belief that God will fulfill His words. He has done it before, He will do it again!!! Blessed be His name forever
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by JeSoul(f): 3:55pm On Dec 02, 2008
Psalm 127:1
Unless the LORD builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Prayer Warrior Bathes 15-year-old Girl With ‘holy’ Hot Water / Life In The Occult World / How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.