Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17694 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 9:37am On Aug 02, 2007
enitan2002:

thats my girl, just IM on enitany20022005@yahoo.com me whenever you are online we need to exchange contacts so that we can hook up, am taking it to the next level.

qoute from the epistle of enitan to pilgrim Chp 1:1a-1B in the holy book of Nairaland romane
that is my ever best biblical verse

Lol. . . I just blow vexation just now in another thread! But hey. . . come close to me (the morning over here is a bit cold)! grin
I'll IM you later sha!

-------------

Deut. 12:8 - "Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes. "
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35am On Aug 03, 2007
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free".  - John.8:32
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by timbs82(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2007
But Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by femib26(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
''neither is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be SAVED.'' -acts 4:12. Its a straight forward TRUTH.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2007
Psa. 27:1 -- "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Gamine(f): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2007
Phil 4 13
i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! smiley grin
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by JeSoul(f): 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2007
LOVE this verse:
2 Corithians 5:15 "and He died that those who live (having accepted His sacrifice) should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again for them."

and

Col 2:9 "For in Christ Jesus there is all of God in a human body, so you have everything when you have Christ"

isn't that just beautiful! grin
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2007
John 14:21 (Amplified Bible)

The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by ssRhino: 12:57am On Aug 18, 2007
Not Sure where in da bible, "Money answereth all things"
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2007
$$Rhino:

Not Sure where in da bible, "Money answereth all things"

Eccl. 10:19 - "A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things." wink
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
Php. 1:6 - 'Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.'
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nestle(f): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2007
1 peter ch1 vs 4

''FOR GOD HES RESERVED A PRICELESS INHERITANCE FOR HIS CHILDREN. IT IS KEPT IN HEAVEN FOR YOU, PURE AND UNDEFILED, BEYOND THE REACH OF CHANGE AND DECAY.''
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by echelon(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
Matthew 6:33 (New International Version)

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2007
Each day from my Bible reading, Im always captivated by a particular verse. Here's one for today:

Exo. 1:12 -- "But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by macmarice(f): 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2007
i agree with you. i have had this is my mind althrough my prececutions but with this verse i am rejoicing. Thanks cheesy cool
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2007
Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 9: 23-24

I love this passage, as it reminds of the fact that, all that I need in this world is to know more of Him, Understand Him and grow to be like Him. It's ma sincere desire
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2007
OlowoTee:

I love this passage, as it reminds of the fact that, all that I need in this world is to know more of Him, Understand Him and grow to be like Him. It's ma sincere desire

Amen! cheesy

- - - -

Mine for today:

Deuteronomy 6:5 & 6
"And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by cgift(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2007
John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

See the numbers? scary isn't it. People cannot just comprehend the scriptures hence, they run away. It has alwasy happend and will continue.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by BABEELOVE(f): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2007
"And it came to pass-------"

Jack and Jill went up the hill-----
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2007
cgift:

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

See the numbers? scary isn't it. People cannot just comprehend the scriptures hence, they run away. It has alwasy happend and will continue.

LOL!! grin That's erudite. . . and deep!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01am On Sep 05, 2007
John 7:17 (King James Version)

"If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself".
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2007
1 Peter 2:11-12

Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 12:39am On Sep 07, 2007
Eccl. 12:13 (ASV)
¶ This is the end of the matter; all hath been heard: fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2007
Luke 6:26 (King James Version)

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2007
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]mine is psalm 27
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by PrinceT2: 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2007
My favourite Bible verse is Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth;it shall not return to me void,but it shall accomplish that which I please,and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

It is certain that what God has said concering me will surely come to pass.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Gmoney5(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2007
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2007
Acts 5:29 -- "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2007
Acts 17:26 (King James Version)

"And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation"
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01am On Sep 15, 2007
Romans 5:12 (Amplified Bible)

"Therefore, as sin came into the world through one man, and death as the result of sin, so death spread to all men, [no one being able to stop it or to escape its power] because all men sinned."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2007
Romans 8:14 -- "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Infidel: 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2007
the winning verse just has to be:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
—Isaiah 45:7

nuff said grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / Gunmen ECWA Church In Kaduna, One Killed, Others Abducted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.