Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,167 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

I Wonder If There Is A God - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wonder If There Is A God (38526 Views)

Sometimes I Wonder If Some Pastors Were Truely Called By GOD. / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by babe4wealth(m): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
ANYWAYS 4ANY ONE WHO CARES, GO TO YOUTUBE, DOWNLOAD D MOVIE;

THE ENCOUNTER

MOST OF U ATHEISTS WILL FIND OUT WAT HAPPENED TO UR BROTHER IN IT......

4NOW I UNFOLLOW DS THREAD
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Amicable24:
My dear, I am a Christian and I believe in Jesus Christ.. thank you
what makes you sure Allah is not the true God? . what makes you sure Vishnu is not the true God? . let me guess, because you were born a Christian?

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

hahahahahaha
this picture says it
can you help me ask them this question(I plan to create a thread on it,after I research though,if jesus really ascended to even thus breaking the law of motion.did he wear his skin to heaven or his spiritual body.we were told heaven is a place where the soul go nd not body,nd we wete told after jesus ressurected his body couldn't be found that means he appeared to his disciples in human form,he had flesh.
So when he ascended back to heaven did he take his flesh along with him or did he shed his flesh while ascending.

I know no pastor can asnwer this question not to talk of all this religious ones here

Cc Afronak
lordnicklaus
Iefosa
tchaik
Kingebuka
hopefulLandlord
whitestar01
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by whitestar01(m): 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
haha now am possesed by demon wow,what is my offence now to deserve that,one religion fanatic just accused me of being a cultist,another said am planning to sell my soul to devil who never exist.if am really possesed by demons or whatever u call them how come when I go to church the so called men of God can't cast them out or there binding spell don finish
ok someone has already told, good. Don't say that devil doesn't exist because atheists themselves worship the devil indirectly but they don't know. Now what is the secret of their wellness?
You can't be against God and devil at a time but devil is happy when you do the both at a time because he knows that you are coming to him at the end . But when you are against the devil and be with God he(devil) will be against you, so atheists are deceiving themselves because they are for devil, in this world is either you are for God or for the devil. The question is, do you want God In your life?

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
babe4wealth:
ANYWAYS 4ANY ONE WHO CARES, GO TO YOUTUBE, DOWNLOAD D MOVIE;

THE ENCOUNTER

MOST OF U ATHEISTS WILL FIND OUT WAT HAPPENED TO UR BROTHER IN IT......

4NOW I UNFOLLOW DS THREAD

this person thinks we are that gullible
*laughs in spiritual powers*

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
whitestar01:
ok someone has already told, good. Don't say that devil doesn't exist because atheists themselves worship the devil indirectly but they don't know. Now what is the secret of their wellness?
You can't be against God and devil at a time but devil is happy when you do the both at a time because he knows that you are coming to him at the end . But when you are against the devil and be with God he(devil) will be against you, so atheists are deceiving themselves because they are for devil, in this world is either you are for God or for the devil. The question is, do you want God In your life?

I'm sure by "God" you mean Yahweh
so Hindus are for the devil?
Buddhists are for the devil?
all believers in the other 5000 gods are for the devil?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
AgricSalt:

Only Jehovah's witnesses say what the bible really say.

Others claim to preach the bible but they add human doctrines to it. For example the Catholic Church say they stand on "the bible and the church tradition". So you can imagine.

But Jehovah's witnesses believe, just as the bible says, that "all scriptures is inspired of God... So that the man of God will be COMPLETE and FULLY EQUIPPED" (2 Timothy 3:16). So we don't need any other tradition. That's why we are able to verify that the bible doesn't teach hellfire. In fact it doesn't even teach that there is something that exist outside of humans when they die. Rather it promises that dead humans will be ressurected from grave. Which means that they are in the grave NOT HELLFIRE.
catholics believe in pogatary or so.so according to jehovah witness there is no hell,I have always fancied jehovah witness above all other doctrine though.but I wonder why other church(pentecostal,catholic,apostolic,anglican nd co)why do they discriminate jehovah witness,could it be that they are the ones whose doctrine are quit humanist than other church own.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by jaxxy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
we would have been better of as buddhism instead of worshippong an hypocritical god that threatens us with hell

Ur govt threatens u with prison if u break d law so u call dem bad rite? Don't delude uself bro. If we human can make laws to put people in check wot of God? In this life there are laws written or unwritten. U wan to be a humanist dats cool bt even in dat bible u read there were humanist and philosophers and rational thinkers who question God and luckly for them arrived at a conclusion that helped them. Read this books I think proverbs etc or so.

If u want to understand Gods ways read the whole bible, be vast, feel free to question it bt wot is beyond ur knowledge will need better interpretation cos sm things are misterys. Cheers.

NB i once thought like u and question not just d bible bt also science and tried to add things up. I Ws in secondry skol then.

ServerusSnape

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=iamDiabolic post=47111037]can you help me ask them this question(I plan to create a thread on it,after I research though,if jesus really ascended to even thus breaking the law of motion.did he wear his skin to heaven or his spiritual body.we were told heaven is a place where the soul go nd not body,nd we wete told after jesus ressurected his body couldn't be found that means he appeared to his disciples in human form,he had flesh.
So when he ascended back to heaven did he take his flesh along with him or did he shed his flesh while ascending.

I see a powerful God's prophet in You., you will soon encounter Jesus, you will remember this day.

Now to your question, those are the things of the spirit, what you should be focusing on is the ultimate sacrifice, the gift of eternal life, the most precious gift from God to mankind , not his ascension, his flesh, heaven.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Pdizzle(m): 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
johnydon22:

surely ignorance is, but knowledge is power and power comes with many thorns.

That is the nature of all things, the more you know the more you find out you don't know and the more things needing to know becomes clearer

Agnosticism is broadly atheism because for one to agree the existence of God(s) is unknown or cannot be know, it is evidently clear that such a person do not believe the existence of God(s) already tendered from different cultures and theologies.

that is surely the atheist position...

Knowledge sure is power, and i prefer it. Lol.
I think some of us are naturally born to be this way, think deep and ask questions. It sometimes baffle me when people don't ask questions, like are we comfortable with all these?
I actually started out arguing with a reverend father years ago, asking if God is Omniscient, then he knows if you're heaven or hell fire bounded from conception.
He told me they treat the topics in seminary too under the course 'The theology of God' looking at the attributes of being Omniscience, Omnipotence and Omnipresence. It was then got to know, the seminary really boggles your mind and a lot of Reverend Fathers are agnostic. It is the other 50% that's keeping them in the faith.
I still wouldn't agree agnosticism is under the umbrella of atheism, not conforming to cultural and theological ideologies is not broad atheism. Someone or something may or may not have set all these processes in motion, we really can never know.
Pardon any typo.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=Iefosa post=47111327][/quote]lols u couldn't answer my question still,its true no religion can withstand critical scrutiny,are the pastors not in spirit,are they not spiritual how come they don't know

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by abmarine(m): 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
The fact that you do not Believe in God dose not stop him from existing. Case study: Pharaoh. Exodus 5:1-, ecclesiastes 8:11-12 because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Iyke1998(m): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
You sleep at night and wake up in the morning. Someone else sleeps but doesn't wake. ******************* You go to work and come back. Someone else doesn't come back. ******** The list goes on.
I'm inviting you to my church on sunday.. You will surely know there is God.. Dm me if you are interested...
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Iefosa:
Enough comments to answer you already.

But I must talk my own... The Bible says the fool says in his heart there is no God.

I was once like you, until I encounter Jesus Christ 12:00 midnight ikeja Bridge, close to computer village. Thank you Lord Jesus, my story changed since that encounter and I'm a living testimony.
Lemme guess, You nearly died but jesus speared your life and now you are a born again convert.
Its a common story. The fear of death is one of the strongest tools the creators of religion used to enslave man.
Everybody must die, its a natural thing, sooner or later and because of our poverty and poor healthcare system you would most likely than not die before 45 if you a man and 50 if you are a woman.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by tchaik(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
can you help me ask them this question(I plan to create a thread on it,after I research though,if jesus really ascended to even thus breaking the law of motion.did he wear his skin to heaven or his spiritual body.we were told heaven is a place where the soul go nd not body,nd we wete told after jesus ressurected his body couldn't be found that means he appeared to his disciples in human form,he had flesh.

I know no pastor can asnwer this question not to talk of all this religious ones here

Cc Afronak
lordnicklaus
Iefosa
tchaik
Kingebuka

Bro, the earlier you started using religious script as a story book, the better for you.(you know, like Tortoise story from our childhood) If I tell you I read the Bible, you will be surprised; right? Ofcourse I do read Proverbs and Ecclesiastes (while ignoring Yahweh mentions) wink. The dude that wrote that part of the Torah is one hell of a 'street wise' smart bas.tar.d.
Once you finally un-tethered yourself from the comfort of religion, that is when you will understand life fully.
On your question, I do not debate or argue religion again; I just smile and say: "GOOD FOR YOU"

By the way, an advise from a 'tele tele' in this your situation. Nutters and blockheads full this country, you can be harmed by voicing some of what you wrote here in real life. Let your quest and all be on social media and Nairaland; in the outside world, abeg hold you peace.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
abmarine:
The fact that you do not Believe in God dose not stop him from existing. Case study: Pharaoh. Exodus 5:1-, ecclesiastes 8:11-12 because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

your God exists because its written in a book
Allah exists because its written in a book

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by soleskate(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
Why do we always refer to God as HE and not SHE......just curious

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by tchaik(m): 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Afrokan:

Lemme guess, You nearly died but jesus speared your life and now you are a born again convert.
Its a common story. The fear of death is one of the strongest tools the creators of religion used to enslave man.
Everybody must die, its a natural thing, sooner or later and because of our poverty and poor healthcare system you would most likely than not die before 45 if you a man and 50 if you are a woman.

Senior, I notice something. Most unbelievers I know do not fear death. I do not think that is a coincidence.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
soleskate:
its a he in the Bible

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Iyke1998:
You sleep at night and wake up in the morning.
Someone else sleeps but doesn't wake.
You go to work and come back.
Someone else doesn't come back.
The list goes on.

I'm inviting you to my church on sunday..
You will surely know there is God..
Dm me if you are interested...
Stop using death as an excuse, Everybody must die. According to statistics you are likely to die soon because of our poor health care and poverty.
Nobody dies without a reason, you were either sick or died out of ignorance or bad luck or combination of all this.
If death is the reason to believe in God, then the Japanease should be at the for front of your God but they are not. The Japanese live till they are 90-110 , funny enough we in Nigeria, who are the most religious people on earth cant even boost of that.
Most of us would die before 50 because of our pooor health care facilities
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Iyke1998(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
In some hospitals, OXYGEN is administered at the rate of N4,500 per hour for adults and N3,000 per hour for children. Now, if adults were to be placed on oxygen for a whole day, the bill will be N108,000 per adult. If this is extended to a month, the amount becomes N3.24 million. For one year; it will be N38.88 million. So, dear friends, the next time you are tempted to think that God is unkind and unfair to you; remember this: He gives each of us more than N3Million monthly benefits of Oxygen free of charge. For the free gift of life, be thankful to God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
tchaik:

Senior, I notice something. Most unbelievers I know do not fear death. I do not think that is a coincidence.

thank you brother
most of us don't, infact we embrace it because just it would happen to us all at anytime, anywhere and anyhow
most Christians fear it however, just look how their behavior change for the better (albeit temporarily) after watching a gospel movie about hell fire

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
Iyke1998:
In some hospitals, OXYGEN is administered at the rate of
N4,500 per hour for adults and N3,000 per hour for
children. Now, if adults were to be placed on oxygen for a
whole day, the bill will be N108,000 per adult. If this is
extended to a month, the amount becomes N3.24 million.
For one year; it will be N38.88 million.
So, dear friends, the next time you are tempted to think that
God is unkind and unfair to you; remember this: He gives
each of us more than N3Million monthly benefits of Oxygen
free of charge.
For the free gift of life, be thankful to God!

another one
so which of the 5000 gods should we be thankful to?
oh! only your God since your god is the one true God
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
tchaik:

Once you throw away all this bullshit about heaven or hell. You begin to see life in a clearer perspective you begin to appreciate this world because you know once you die, thats the end. You thrive to live a meaningful life and try your best to do good.
Everybody must die, both the so called God fearing once and both the disbelievers. Funny enough, Both the so called saviours jesus and mohammed both died

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Iyke1998:
You sleep at night and wake up in the morning.
Someone else sleeps but doesn't wake.
You go to work and come back.
Someone else doesn't come back.
The list goes on.

I'm inviting you to my church on sunday..
You will surely know there is God..
Dm me if you are interested...

I see no reason to go to your church since we are already sleeping and waking up, going to work and coming back without your church so far
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by tchaik(m): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
Afrokan:

Once you throw away all this bullshit about heaven or hell. You begin to see life in a clearer perspective you begin to appreciate this world because you know once you die, thats the end. You thrive to live a meaningful life and try your best to do good.
Everybody must die, both the so called God fearing once and both the disbelievers. Funny enough, Both the so called saviours jesus and mohammed both died

Your response reminds me of this meme
LOL

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
Iyke1998:
In some hospitals, OXYGEN is administered at the rate of
N4,500 per hour for adults and N3,000 per hour for
children. Now, if adults were to be placed on oxygen for a
whole day, the bill will be N108,000 per adult. If this is
extended to a month, the amount becomes N3.24 million.
For one year; it will be N38.88 million.
So, dear friends, the next time you are tempted to think that
God is unkind and unfair to you; remember this: He gives
each of us more than N3Million monthly benefits of Oxygen
free of charge.
For the free gift of life, be thankful to God!
We should be thankfull your God gave us Oxygen.
First of all, If i want to show my appreciation which if the thousands of Gods should i be thankful to?
Secondly, the same God that gave us oxygen, also gave us cancer, Sickle cell , Malaria, typhoid, measles, Volcanoes, drought,... Should we also be thankfull to him, which ever if the gods he is

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Freiburger(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
soleskate:
Because women weren't that relevant as at the time those books were written. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Pdizzle(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
blackjack21:

Bro, there's something greater than us, look at the universe and observe.
these things couldn't have happened by themselves, there's something behind them, whatever we choose to call it, god or not, there's something there, though he's not the nonsense they told us he's.

if I'm wrong, and he's what they said then I'm proudly a REBEL. cool

Yes I've always thought like this.
But according to the bolded, we don't know, could be superhumans, aliens or some kind of force field(s)
Could even be worse than what the religious book portrays, we could be experiments. No one really knows.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by sonoforogun(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
I don't really blame you though. You see, I have been having the same 'spell'. I actually wanted God to manifest himself to me 'personally'. I needed to feel his presence in a way that is 'Godly'. I have near death experiences and had survived them. I felt there is a power somewhere that upholds and strengthens me, but could he be same 'God' being paraded around as 'Jesus'? I am researching and trying to see the connection. Could it also be that my fore-fathers who knew no sin (i.e. followed the 10 commandments, even though they have not seen the Jewish law) and had strict compliance with swift justice to the offender. Then, you could open your doors while you slept at night and fear no harm. But you see life itself is mysterious. We know very little yet about the forces at play, but one thing that is that, there is a higher power (divinity) - I call him the |God of Precision|. Hagar called him the |God that seeth me|-Genesis 16:13. He created and reigns over all things. Different tongues have given him several names based on their perception of him. He is the seen as the 'beginning' Himself. Look inwards within you and follow your heart... What gives you peace inside.. follow. Hence you are not given to evil. God no go vex!
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
Afrokan:

Far from death my brother, I'm not scared of death at all... And besides you should have asked don't assume.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Stycon(m): 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
The issue with most of these folks is that they have an "idea" of "a kind" of God they visualised with certain attributes and stuffs, such that if there must be God, then He has got to fit into their spec...Hey guys, It doesn't work that way smiley

As in, the OP wanna see God see face to face, I guess. Interesting grin

Anyway, if you insist, I might help make some arrangement sha, only that we might not see again tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / 2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / Pastor Tom Samson & His Hummer Limousine Storm Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.