Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,681 members, 7,813,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

I Wonder If There Is A God - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wonder If There Is A God (38416 Views)

Sometimes I Wonder If Some Pastors Were Truely Called By GOD. / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Tijay90(m): 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
If you don't have the heart, please hold on to ur religion... I say that because u didn't need nairaland's approval on such crucial decision. Meanwhile, freedom, & the responsibility that comes with it, is(unfortunately), not for everyone. Good luck.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by sweetchi2411: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

yeah, because the bible says so

Yeah, because My Bible says so. u can believe in ur napkin religion if u want it is ur choice.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by uniklinkum(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Bermuda triangle is a myth
http://www.cracked.com/article_16671_6-famous-unsolved-mysteries-with-really-obvious-solutions_p2.html

or maybe you don't like that?

here's another

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bermuda_Triangle

Wikipedia You just spoil the whole sh*t. Wikipedia is used by brainless turds.. bring up research work and moreover the potus acknowledged the existence of B.T then who the f*ck is Wikipedia edited by anyone source.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

You are deluded maybe you have to look up on YouTube for rukuya sections. I have even witness countless of the sections life.
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by 0955eb027(m): 5:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

So God (who's a merciful and loving God), of whom the bible say 'his mercies endureth forever', will send a human (whom he created in his own image) to hell??... But why?

I believe no matter what your child does to you, you can't send him/her to a fiery furnace.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3913140_2344556img20150424170606jpeg7bce97221b2d1c04ff1e317869a5d919_jpege84718775eed367464d8f412a51e4307
chai! I came late to this party. Wanted to quote the whole post, but this part really aligns with my thinking. Although, i'm a muslim and the whole miracle thing aint mine. But i have always had this thoughts: Muslims will say Xtians will go to hell cos Islam is the one true religion, likewise Xtians will say Xtianity is, therefore all xtians are going to hell or all muslims are going to hell. Again, we all know there are lots of pple that do not believe in anything and those that serve demi-gods. If we go by the assertion in this present age and time, 60% of the population of the world are hell bound. We ve not even considered bad muslims n xtians o. But pple do not consider thoughts like this; we do not have the power to choose coming as a muslim or xtian, as an african or european, as a boy or girl. Why then will we be judged based on abilities, gifts etc that are beyond our comprehension? Because if left to us, we all might have chosen different. Another thing is since our paths were chosen for us, and GOD, being the all knowing one knows what everyone will end up doing; why then are we created?

4 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
jhonair:
I dnt care, u quote me ur headache
the bible really contradict itself,does who wrote it did a poor job.I wonder where negros,caucasians,albino's,asians nd other race came from.are we not all suppose to be the same race,since we all from adam nd eve we should all have same skin

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by whitestar01(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist, because I don't even feel the if any God exist, cause I have not even felt him before, I watch people catch holy ghost and testifying to seeing angels but not even have I had a dream bout one before. We just have to keep worshiping though we shouldn't believe what we can see,but we worship him due to fear of the unknown.

Sometimes I even pray that if he exist he should show at least show himself in a dream or through a pastor,but he still never show himself to me,he doesn't have any message for me,damn who TF is he,we should keep worshipping him cause he we were told fairytale about one stupid hell they keep threatening us with.

Me and my friends once attended a night vigil,when the pastor was touching all of them head they kept falling (in my mind I was laughing at their funny charade), when it got to my time I didn't fall, I didn't even move back as he was trying to force me to maybe fall, since then i no attend the yeye church.

What am trying to drive at is am beginning to doubt the existence of God and if he doesn't show himself to me one of this days, then I might graduate into an atheist. Mind you oh yea preachers and gullible ones I don't need your preaching and bible verses. I have heard enough of that.
Don't get me twisted!
Your problem is that you are demonically possessed and this has hindered the countenance of God in your life.
But you may not understand this except you look for a real strong man of God for deliverance.
Because God has chosen you but devil has blindfolded you not to see the truth. So if you really wanna feel God, search for him deeply and seriously.
=k

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

You too slow to decode, in the stone age nothing like that was present. If you live in that time and somebody tell you to believe talking with somebody in say Russia in real time, would you believe??

what sort of questions are these?

of course I'll believe, it would be hard but I'm sure they can convince me to believe by showing me how it works, they can take me to space to see the satellite.
pick apart each part of the phone for me to see, tell me what each part does
but the case of religion involves believing you can talk to an invisible, all powerful being without anything BUT there's a catch, you have to "believe" in him
like telling someone in the stone age to talk right there in Nigeria and a Russian would hear and answer without any tech involved and you won't get any reply from that russian, you just believe he's heard you.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 5:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
my friend once said bermuda triangle is where the devil fell,when he was sent away from heaven,that's why illuminati use triangle as part of there logo can use imagine dumbness
We are almost saying the same thing grin They believe that's the headquarters of marine demons.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by ifypadua: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
Please can someone answer these questions......
1) Is there a supernatural power apart from the one believed by both christians and muslims? Dat is the traditional gods.

2) Do anyone believe that there are unseen forces behind good and bad...

3) Do you believe in manifestion of blood money?

4) Do you believe in witches?

5) Finally, do if believe in hierrachy, don't you think that there is superior above all.

Note: if yes, then who are you to blindly profess that God does not exist...waiting for ur replies!
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by urahara(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Hahn , is this your new account. This guy sounds like you . If God does answer your prayers , you are obviously living in sin . Some people's prayers don't get answered because they are filled with sin - it is clearly written in your bible . That's why it feels like you are talking to yourself , you are spiritually empty and indeed you are talking to yourself .

shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
haha u they mind that nigger,since the geologist discovered the so called hades,they have never talked about it again since that year,the hades don change location or what,this are the type of people our nigeria politician keep brainwashing
As in eh... I tire for them. If hell exist, shouldn't it be in the spiritual rather than physical?... It should be in the spiritual realm. Humans who are alive should not be able to access it, only the dead.

Cc: uniklinkum
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by OOAS(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Christianity is NOT a religion,it is a way of life. Until that is established, you might just not understand What it means to be a Christian.
#Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
whitestar01:
Don't get me twisted!
Your problem is that you are demonically possessed and this has hindered the countenance of God in your life.
But you may not understand this except you look for a real strong man of God for deliverance.
Because God has chosen you but devil has blindfolded you not to see the truth. So if you really wanna feel God, search for him deeply and seriously.
=k
haha now am possesed by demon wow,what is my offence now to deserve that,one religion fanatic just accused me of being a cultist,another said am planning to sell my soul to devil who never exist.if am really possesed by demons or whatever u call them how come when I go to church the so called men of God can't cast them out or there binding spell don finish

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by blackprowler: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I started having this same thoughts about three years ago, Since then, I ceased to be a religious/pious person. Many things just doesn't seem right, Look at all the atrocities in the world, the sufferings and deaths and an Almighty God is there folding his arms.

I can't even remember the last time I did that thing called prayer.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3910282_agnosticquotes6_jpegd966c601397b8bc447dfe622bfc0f7e8

You're even referring to current affairs. Read through world history and theoretically physics by people who actually did research and established facts and your mind will be quickly made up.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
whitestar01:
Don't get me twisted!
=k

I'm sure Muslims, Hindus Buddhists and believers in the other 5000 gods are demonically possessed too
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by eflintsone(m): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
richie9093:

science has a perfect reply to this your question. have you ever heard of the "Big Bang Theory"? read about it.

there is no verse in the Bible talking about Venus, Mars, mercury, Jupiter etc.
i asked about your creation and who created you ..answer na... ok but the bible talked about the earth right ?? so who created the earth too ??

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
0955eb027:
chai! I came late to this party. Wanted to quote the whole post, but this part really aligns with my thinking. Although, i'm a muslim and the whole miracle thing aint mine. But i have always had this thoughts: Muslims will say Xtians will go to hell cos Islam is the one true religion, likewise Xtians will say Xtianity is, therefore all xtians are going to hell or all muslims are going to hell. Again, we all know there are lots of pple that do not believe in anything and those that serve demi-gods. If we go by the assertion in this present age and time, 60% of the population of the world are hell bound. We ve not even considered bad muslims n xtians o. But pple do not consider thoughts like this; we do not have the power to choose coming as a muslim or xtian, as an african or european, as a boy or girl. Why then will we be judged based on abilities, gifts etc that are beyond our comprehension? Because if left to us, we all might have chosen different. Another thing is since our paths were chosen for us, and GOD, being the all knowing one knows what everyone will end up doing; why then are we created?
Bros mi, All these questions are the same thing I'm asking, Which is the true religion?... We were all born into it. If you, for example, were born in England, you would have been a Christian. The whole thing is so confusing. Thank you for your inputs, I appreciate.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by HerexG(m): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
sweetchi2411:

your question 'Are u for real?' shd be addressed to you
which 'book' shd we believe? The one written by white scientists about evolution and dinosaurs? What will 'you' EVOLVE to next?

At there are evidence of the existence of the dinosaurs, their fossils are available for all to see. Where is the evidence of your Genesis book
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
blackprowler:

You're even referring to current affairs. Read through world history and theoretically physics by people who actually did research and established facts and your mind will be quickly made up.
Hmmm... But one doesn't even need to go too deep for him to start asking some pertinent questions about religion.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
eflintsone:
i asked about your creation and who created you ..answer na... ok but the bible talked about the earth right ?? so who created the earth too ??

who created god?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by emmkeffs(f): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
The belief that God can be reached through this way or that way have proved to be the biggest tool for mind control. But won't be surprised to be attacked by people who want to defend that their way is the best. Religion is the crudest creation of the people that intends to control people.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

who created god?
when I was young I use to think clouds came together to create God since he his a spirit(though I was naïve then),there was a time on my former church we were told its a sin to think about God creation,can u imagine.if its a sin that means they are hiding something nd they don't want us to find out.if God exist it is not how bible nd quran describe him
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Omojolaray(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Cause God almighty has turned to your errand boy abi? I will say this cause I want you to know that you are allowing the spirit of antichrist to rule over you. Keep your thoughts to yourself. God dislikes unholiness and everything in this life has its consequences. Watch what you say
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist, because I don't even feel the if any God exist, cause I have not even felt him before, I watch people catch holy ghost and testifying to seeing angels but not even have I had a dream bout one before. We just have to keep worshiping though we shouldn't believe what we can see,but we worship him due to fear of the unknown.

Sometimes I even pray that if he exist he should show at least show himself in a dream or through a pastor,but he still never show himself to me,he doesn't have any message for me,damn who TF is he,we should keep worshipping him cause he we were told fairytale about one stupid hell they keep threatening us with.

Me and my friends once attended a night vigil,when the pastor was touching all of them head they kept falling (in my mind I was laughing at their funny charade), when it got to my time I didn't fall, I didn't even move back as he was trying to force me to maybe fall, since then i no attend the yeye church.

What am trying to drive at is am beginning to doubt the existence of God and if he doesn't show himself to me one of this days, then I might graduate into an atheist. Mind you oh yea preachers and gullible ones I don't need your preaching and bible verses. I have heard enough of that.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by sinceraconcept(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:

OP,Catching holy ghost is totally fake. Those that claim to catch it are only acting. I once challenged a pastor guy to make me catch holy ghost,this guy kept trying his luck for about 30 good minutes and I stood still,he eventually started pushing my chest with his hand stylishly like he's deep in prayer just for me to fall. Bro,i no fall o. I just stood still kanpe.
But God exists. There are lots of facts surrounding that. How do you pray and it gets accepted if God doesn't exist?,dream about what will happen,etc? Everything about nature gives us clear evidence that God exists. But catching holy ghost stuff and people claiming to see a light that's God is totally fake. No one can see God but he exists

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by ucee64(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ezionye:

shocked wow

U shd open ur own church. Its your type that will be flogging church members like rev king.

God forbid I can't b like him as fr d dude I detest atheist God does exist.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
Omojolaray:
Cause God almighty has turned to your errand boy abi? I will say this cause I want you to know that you are allowing the spirit of antichrist to rule over you. Keep your thoughts to yourself. God dislikes unholiness and everything in this life has its consequences. Watch what you say

wetin this one dey talk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Djtm(m): 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by OOAS(m): 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
One thing I know is that argument doesn't solve the problem of whatever religion because everyone leaves with the same idea they brought into the argument. OP, why did you start this conversation?
Do you want to learn? or you just want to establish your point and nothing else counts?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by brimoknight(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
Did I jst read this blasphemous shit?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by eflintsone(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

who created god?
i think you should answer my question first before i answer urs
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
emmkeffs:
The belief that God can be reached through this way or that way have proved to be the biggest tool for mind control. But won't be surprised to be attacked by people who want to defend that their way is the best. Religion is the crudest creation of the people that intends to control people.
Religion is blind ignorant faith.
The moment you start to ask yourself certain Questions, yoou begin to loose faith and the ignorsnt wall your mind buit to keep you blind starts falling apart.
Imagine my amazement as a teenager learning the Muslims and Christians both having testimonies about miracles. I began to ask, what if i am worshiping the wrong God, which is the true God.
Now imagine my amazement when i found out, there are other religions out there, christianity and islam are just 2 out of a thousands of religions and the followers of this religion believe there God is the right God and they too can give testimonies of Miracles or supernatural powers.
I just abandoned the whole thing and decided religion is not for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Oyedepo’s Statement, Daddy Freeze’s Errors And Ibiyeomie’s Threat By Deji Yesufu / 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families / Pope Leo X And His Most Infamous Declaration About Christianity!a Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.