Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

I Wonder If There Is A God - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wonder If There Is A God (38462 Views)

Sometimes I Wonder If Some Pastors Were Truely Called By GOD. / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Pdizzle(m): 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
Finally, someone in my shoes. Ignorance is really bliss, knowledge bring so many unanswerable questions up. Sometimes i just pray for a validation, anything, but the bad thing is you can't get out of this phase till you find answers.
Agnosticism unlike atheism is not a religious standpoint, rather a knowledge standpoint, it's not even like you're sitting on the fence either, you just want these things to validate itself, It is well brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
ucee64:
God forbid I can't b like him as fr d dude I detest atheist God does exist.

fourth time quoting you and I'm still not dead, why hasn't that your god struck me dead already like you said?
pray more to your god, pray harder
“If Yahweh is the one true God, maybe he is thinking, or busy, or traveling! Maybe he is sleeping so you will have to wake him"
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by blackjack21(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist, because I don't even feel the if any God exist, cause I have not even felt him before, I watch people catch holy ghost and testifying to seeing angels but not even have I had a dream bout one before. We just have to keep worshiping though we shouldn't believe what we can see,but we worship him due to fear of the unknown.

Sometimes I even pray that if he exist he should show at least show himself in a dream or through a pastor,but he still never show himself to me,he doesn't have any message for me,damn who TF is he,we should keep worshipping him cause he we were told fairytale about one stupid hell they keep threatening us with.

Me and my friends once attended a night vigil,when the pastor was touching all of them head they kept falling (in my mind I was laughing at their funny charade), when it got to my time I didn't fall, I didn't even move back as he was trying to force me to maybe fall, since then i no attend the yeye church.

What am trying to drive at is am beginning to doubt the existence of God and if he doesn't show himself to me one of this days, then I might graduate into an atheist. Mind you oh yea preachers and gullible ones I don't need your preaching and bible verses. I have heard enough of that.

Bro, there's something greater than us, look at the universe and observe.
these things couldn't have happened by themselves, there's something behind them, whatever we choose to call it, god or not, there's something there, though he's not the nonsense they told us he's.

if I'm wrong, and he's what they said then I'm proudly a REBEL. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by johnydon22(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
Pdizzle:
[color=#770077]Finally, someone in my shoes. Ignorance is really bliss,

surely ignorance is, but knowledge is power and power comes with many thorns.

knowledge bring so many unanswerable questions up. Sometimes i just pray for a validation, anything, but the bad thing is you can't get out of this phase till you find answers.
That is the nature of all things, the more you know the more you find out you don't know and the more things needing to know becomes clearer

Agnosticism unlike atheism is not a religious standpoint, rather a knowledge standpoint, it's not even like you're sitting on the fence either, you just want these things to validate itself, It is well brother.

Agnosticism is broadly atheism because for one to agree the existence of God(s) is unknown or cannot be know, it is evidently clear that such a person do not believe the existence of God(s) already tendered from different cultures and theologies.

that is surely the atheist position...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
brimoknight:
Did I jst read this blasphemous shit?
Blasphemous to which God? Jesus, zeus, Allah, Krishna, Amadioha, Sango, Oduduwa?
If i insult Jesus, i stil have the other gods to protect me from the murderous rage of your god

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Temitoppe(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
OP find time and read the book of Job chapter 38 & 39.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by urahara(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
mrsefan:
can all this fools tell me if they have seen air before ? Then why believe its air
I wonder what makes you people blind to this extend
if there is not God then where is the rain air coming from even fire which scientist created them ?

How cliche
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by johnydon22(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
blackjack21:

Bro, there's something greater than us, look at the universe and observe.
these things couldn't have happened by themselves, there's something behind them, whatever we choose to call it, god or not, there's something there, though he's not the nonsense they told us he's.

if I'm wrong, and he's what they said then I'm proudly a REBEL. cool

This begs the question "Is there something else greater than that thing?" because if you think there must be 'something' behind every existence then that 'something' must also need another 'something'

Yes?

Not an argument just want to stretch your personal cosmogony a bit..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by babe4wealth(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
haha now am possesed by demon wow,what is my offence now to deserve that,one religion fanatic just accused me of being a cultist,another said am planning to sell my soul to devil who never exist.if am really possesed by demons or whatever u call them how come when I go to church the so called men of God can't cast them out or there binding spell don finish

Lemme help u. I think u have not attended d right Church where u can set free and be convinced of God.......Buh if u ask me I can recommend one 4u where u will experience d raw power of God.....
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
eflintsone:
i think you should answer my question first before i answer urs

I'll answer yours then
I don't know who created me, I don't even know if I was created, unlike you religious people, we don't fill every knowledge gap with the supernatural
I'm sure you "know for sure" your god created me and the earth and your reason must be that too humans and earth are too complex not to have been created by a supernatural being
if i accept this as true, who created your God? someone who created complex earth has to have a creator too since he's more complex than earth or man
if you say god created himself (which I expect you to say); if god can create himself, earth can create itself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by deeplow: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
I wonder how anybody can claim to be educated, and at one point or the other, never questioned religion. That is what i define as illiteracy. Religion is like a man trying to get into the pants of a woman. He will tell her everything she needs to hear and make promises. Of course, we know that is what the people that brought religion did.

Gave us stories that seem sweeter than the ones we knew. Adam and eve, Moses and the river, Noah and the ark. There was no way that wouldn't sway any simple mind. Also, the fact that hell is exclusive to a certain religion is a slap on one's sanity. Why did God create Muslims, Buddhists if he knew they were going to end in hell fire?
Why didn't he just make us all Christians? I am not an atheist, I am too unsophisticated to be. I am just someone who has chosen to use my brain. Sometimes we just need to fill our washed brains with some "dirt".

QUESTION WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN MADE TO BELIEVE.
Was it God's plan to have us colonised before we were exposed to the proper religion?

Why did God allow that much inhumanity on Blacks by the whites. Are we the inferior?

If as a christian, you make it to heaven, and i do not, would you be pleased to watch me just burn away?

Would God, being all loving, be able to bear the suffering on his Children?

Isn't just being an unbeliever for less than a 100 years a sin too simple for me to burn for a million years?

Ask Questions.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Butty: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
I don't see any reason why you people should waste time in refuting the existence of God, if you don't believe in His believe system, stop criticising Islam and Christianity. Good enough you don't live in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan where you would have been put on death row for this post.

Engage yourselves in productive affairs because God exists even if you reject and deny him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
babe4wealth:

Lemme help u. I think u have not attended d right Church where u can set free and be convinced of God.......Buh if u ask me I can recommend one 4u where u will experience d raw power of God.....

delusion at its best
not only are you saying Yahweh is the only true God (without proof) but you're also saying the brand of worship is the only way to that God
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
babe4wealth:

delusion at its best
not only are you saying Yahweh is the only true God (without proof), you're also saying the brand of worship is the only way to that God
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by eflintsone(m): 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I'll answer yours then
I don't know who created me, I don't even know if I was created, unlike you religious people, we don't fill every knowledge gap with the supernatural
I'm sure you "know for sure" your god created me and the earth and your reason must be that too humans and earth are too complex not to have been created by a supernatural being
if i accept this as true, who created your God? someone who created complex earth has to have a creator too since he's more complex than earth or man
if you say god created himself (which I expect you to say); if god can create himself, earth can create itself
God's creation is what i can answer and also ask as a question ... HE created me nd u
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
babe4wealth:

Religion is bad but the religion we practice in Nigeria is the worst. The pastors know the truth that's why they have dedicated their time to enslaving people and defrauding them of their hard earned money.
I havr heard pastors curing people of ambigious illness like HIv, cancer etc but i have never heard Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, adeboye cure a man without hands or legs. Have you witnessed your fraudulent Nigerian pastor help a man grow back his legs or hands with the power of jesus christ?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Amicable24: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist, because I don't even feel the if any God exist, cause I have not even felt him before, I watch people catch holy ghost and testifying to seeing angels but not even have I had a dream bout one before. We just have to keep worshiping though we shouldn't believe what we can see,but we worship him due to fear of the unknown.

Sometimes I even pray that if he exist he should show at least show himself in a dream or through a pastor,but he still never show himself to me,he doesn't have any message for me,damn who TF is he,we should keep worshipping him cause he we were told fairytale about one stupid hell they keep threatening us with.

Me and my friends once attended a night vigil,when the pastor was touching all of them head they kept falling (in my mind I was laughing at their funny charade), when it got to my time I didn't fall, I didn't even move back as he was trying to force me to maybe fall, since then i no attend the yeye church.

What am trying to drive at is am beginning to doubt the existence of God and if he doesn't show himself to me one of this days, then I might graduate into an atheist. Mind you oh yea preachers and gullible ones I don't need your preaching and bible verses. I have heard enough of that.
My dear, the Foundation of the LORD standeth sure.. Those who believe in HIM still experience HIS Wonderful works in their daily lives.. Everyone has a choice in this world.. You are either for HIM or against HIM.. That u want to be against HIM won't make our GOD less powerful.. The way u sound, it's like u've already made up ur mind to go ur way without HIM. I would advice u to ask JESUS to give u peace of mind and reveal HIMSELF to you, that's if u still have HIM at heart, but u must not take HIM for granted.. Pls, don't turn your back against HIM

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by babe4wealth(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

delusion at its best
not only are you saying Yahweh is the only true God (without proof), you're also saying the brand of worship is the only way to that God

I didn't talk to u, did I?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
eflintsone:
God's creation is what i can answer and also ask as a question ... HE created me nd u

so who created your God?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by chriswu(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
the least religious nations are the most productive

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
Amicable24:

My dear, whether u believe in God or not doesn't really change anything.. Those who believe in HIM still experience HIS Wonderful works in their daily lives.. Everyone has a choice in this world.. You are either for HIM or against HIM.. That u want to be against HIM won't make our GOD less powerful.. The way u sound, it's like u've already made up ur mind to go ur way without HIM. I would advice u to ask JESUS to give u peace of mind and reveal HIMSELF to you, that's if u still have HIM at heart, but u must not be take HIM for granted.. Pls, don't turn your back against HIM
Why Jesus? What of Allah or Krishna? Or are you saying Allah is not as powerful as Jesus
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
babe4wealth:

I didn't talk to u, did I?

you can send private messages to members that only them would see and could reply
so long you're posting here, you're making it public and subjecting it to scrutiny by ANYONE
#Nowyouknow

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by purpledandelion: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
So some people from the medieval age still believe there is a God somewhere and Jesus Christ is gonna appear in the sky someday? In this century?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by blackprowler: 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
My little contribution, a quote by a pretty ordinary person on a forum I read some years ago:
"Belief in [Religion] is a matter of faith, not science. For the believer, evidence is irrelevant. For the scientist or skeptic trying to talk to a believer, discussion is futile."
- Patrick Snyder

So, no need. The believer isn't interested in a true discussion. He only wants to win

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
Afrokan:

Religion is bad but the religion we practice in Nigeria is the worst. The pastors know the truth that's why they have dedicated their time to enslaving people and defrauding them of their hard earned money.
I havr heard pastors curing people of ambigious illness like HIv, cancer etc but i have never heard Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, adeboye cure a man without hands or legs. Have you witnessed your fraudulent Nigerian pastor help a man grow back his legs or hands with the power of jesus christ?

hahahahahaha
this picture says it

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
babe4wealth:

haha all this fake pastors,don't advertose ur church for me sis

Meanwhile man utd just announced ibramovich.GGMU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
Enough comments to answer you already.

But I must talk my own... The Bible says the fool says in his heart there is no God.

I was once like you, until I encounter Jesus Christ 12:00 midnight ikeja Bridge, close to computer village. Thank you Lord Jesus, my story changed since that encounter and I'm a living testimony.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
brimoknight:
Did I jst read this blasphemous shit?

I am not suprise that an answer such as this is given. Being reasonable is now considered blasphemous. If God punishes him for this, it's another reason not to serve Him. Who would do obeisance to a God who proves Himself by hurting people?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by tchaik(m): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Laugh wan kill me here.

@OP ignore all these religious nutters and follow your heart. By the way, try and read this book: Superstition in All Ages by Jean Meslier ; you will get a clearer picture of religion and the purpose it serves.

By the way, how do you feel to be finally free from indoctrination? Your human default format is now about to run.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

so who created your God?
Man created God. If you noticr the qualities of God, you would see the photocopy of man. God is jealous of other Gods, God is vengeful, God is selfish( wants only him to be worshiped), God is Angry... Smh
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Amicable24: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Afrokan:

Why Jesus? What of Allah or Krishna? Or are you saying Allah is not as powerful as Jesus
My dear, I am a Christian and I believe in Jesus Christ.. thank you
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
thnx ill read up,but sir is jehovah witness bible diffrence from all other church bible

Only Jehovah's witnesses say what the bible really say.

Others claim to preach the bible but they add human doctrines to it. For example the Catholic Church say they stand on "the bible and the church tradition". So you can imagine.

But Jehovah's witnesses believe, just as the bible says, that "all scriptures is inspired of God... So that the man of God will be COMPLETE and FULLY EQUIPPED" (2 Timothy 3:16). So we don't need any other tradition. That's why we are able to verify that the bible doesn't teach hellfire. In fact it doesn't even teach that there is something that exist outside of humans when they die. Rather it promises that dead humans will be ressurected from grave. Which means that they are in the grave NOT HELLFIRE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / TB Joshua Arrives In Paraguay, Welcomed In A Colourful Manner (P.hotos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.