Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

I Wonder If There Is A God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wonder If There Is A God (38613 Views)

Sometimes I Wonder If Some Pastors Were Truely Called By GOD. / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by leahcimzil: 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
ALL MAN WITH HIS PROBLEMS. WHY DO YOU NEED CONVINCING ANYWAY? NO CONVICTION?

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by bobkezel(m): 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Put up an arguement with a cristian/muslim, then you will notice how stewpid they are. They have nothing to prove, only quoting that their yeye super story books.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Charlesdonald:
From all indications from the OP write up,he just afraid of the word hell ....from my investigation you are into hip hop music and you are planning to sell your soul to the devil to make money and fame ...there by deceiving your self by religious mediocrity

IF YOU BELIEVE THERE IS NO GOD THEN KEEP IT TO YOURSELF... AS FOR ME WHO BELIEVE THERE IS GOD LET ME KEEP TO MYSELF ON THE DUE TIME WE SHALL MEASURE SUCCESS

LASTLY YOU CANT COMMIT ALL THE SINS IN THIS WORLD AN EXPECT GOD TO APPRECIATE YOU FOR THAT

GOD IS MERCIFUL AND ALSO JUST
yah am into hiphop but I can't sell my soul to one yeye satan.if stan exist that means God exist thus making me an hypocrite.so forget bout me selling my soul to a satan whom I don't believe he exist.
Talking about sin,so u mean all the whole deaf nd dumb,blind nd amputated people av commited so much sin that's why he can't forgive them.he would suffer them on this earth nd also heaven.wow what a loving God he his
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by bakingsoda: 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist, because I don't even feel the if any God exist, cause I have not even felt him before, I watch people catch holy ghost and testifying to seeing angels but not even have I had a dream bout one before. We just have to keep worshiping though we shouldn't believe what we can see,but we worship him due to fear of the unknown.

Sometimes I even pray that if he exist he should show at least show himself in a dream or through a pastor,but he still never show himself to me,he doesn't have any message for me,damn who TF is he,we should keep worshipping him cause he we were told fairytale about one stupid hell they keep threatening us with.

Me and my friends once attended a night vigil,when the pastor was touching all of them head they kept falling (in my mind I was laughing at their funny charade), when it got to my time I didn't fall, I didn't even move back as he was trying to force me to maybe fall, since then i no attend the yeye church.

What am trying to drive at is am beginning to doubt the existence of God and if he doesn't show himself to me one of this days, then I might graduate into an atheist. Mind you oh yea preachers and gullible ones I don't need your preaching and bible verses. I have heard enough of that.

First of all don't confuse religion with spirituality

Secondly try other religions e.g Islam

At worst, you may try deism, but don't ever doubt the existence of God

Lastly, s'il vous plait, allez et mourir, ça ne nous touche pas!

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
I have noticed a sharp rise in atheism in Nigeria. Some of my friends are full blown atheist, some claim Christianity or Islam not because faith but because of culture and convenience.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

Flawed logic by our over knowledgeable brother, you said my assertions were hearsays, I told you I work with these peeps daily. But for the case of mother Theresa both of us have no true fact. So quit the bitchtalk.

you quit the bitch talk, they have her diary bro
that's fact enough
so you're saying those people gave their life for god, which of the 5000 gods if I may ask?
I'm sure they all gave their life to Yahweh
I'm sure atheist Indians on deathbed gave their lives to Vishnu
I'm sure atheists in Muslim country would give their lives to Allah
never mind though, only those that gave their life to Yahweh are right
The others are wrong
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
@OP

Believe you me, I understand your thought perfectly well, because I was once in your shoes.

Well, take it from me that God truly exist, but His idiosyncrasies are no where similar to what religious proponents, practitioners, and the so called religious holy books and doctrines depicts Him to be.

As far as I am concerned He's just. And all what we need to exist He has provided to us with extra gift of freewill (to me this is the greatest gift He gave to mankind) to decide our fates. He neither needs our prayers nor expects our praises.

I wish you could adopt humanism worldview and reveres God through act of altruism. Create your path and encrypt it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
You are on the right track, bro. Welcome to the world of Atheism and reality.

There is no God.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Charlesdonald(m): 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
yah am into hiphop but I can't sell my soul to one yeye satan.if stan exist that means God exist thus making me an hypocrite.so forget bout me selling my soul to a satan whom I don't believe he exist.
Talking about sin,so u mean all the whole deaf nd dumb,blind nd amputated people av commited so much sin that's why he can't forgive them.he would suffer them on this earth nd also heaven.wow what a loving God he his
help me provide the answer to this question

HOW COME YOUR EXISTANCE?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
ucee64:
The next time u will quote me u Will drop dead repent and give ur life to Christ.

I have just quoted you for the Third Time,

I'm still alive

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by airprince(m): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Elliotwiz1:
hell was not made for man. it was made for the demons, but when men sin they take on the likeness of the condemned hence they face similar fate.

Would you father throw you into a lake of fire because you sinned against him or wronged him
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by whitebeard(m): 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
end time thread...!! a foolish nigga will always follow a white foolish dude..why..BECAUSE they are foolish...oya..CAN SCIENTIST TELL U WITH ALL ACCURACY HOW THE WORLD WAS FORMED...I mean they said u are a monkey...dude u are IGNORANT.. that's your problem...!!

¿¿¡peace¡¿¿

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by jhonair: 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
so because we sin God has the right to condem us to hell

.did we beg him to create us in the first place
since he knew adam nd eve would eat from the forbidden fruit,why did he create satan nd plant the forbidden tree,is he not omniscient
Why can't he just forgive adam nd eve after they eat the fruit,atleast I make mistake nd my parent fogive me not to talk of a God that they said loves us than our parent
After cursing adam nd eve,why should he let the curse transfer to there generations,na we sin or is it our fault adam nd eve eat the damn fruit
i'm beginning to like you for no reason, u surely making good sense in evrytn u say. Me self jux tire for evrytn

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by uniklinkum(m): 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you quit the bitch talk, they have her diary bro
that's fact enough
so you're saying those people gave their life for god, which of the 5000 gods if I may ask?
I'm sure they all gave their life to Yahweh
I'm sure atheist Indians on deathbed gave their lives to Vishnu
I'm sure atheists in Muslim country would give their lives to Allah
never mind though, only those that gave their life to Yahweh are right
The others are wrong

Diary Wow... And that not an hearsay from you.. evidence that the diary exist

Quit bitchtalking brother...

No one cares about the God they profess to... But a good number of those folks have start getting the picture of the after life... With the German standard health care we still lose close to 75% of our patients.

And who even told you I am a Christian.. another ignorance of generalization.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by dejaiiro(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
A wise man once said, "it is better to live your with the hope that God does exist and be proven wrong , than to live your life like he doesn't exist and have external regrets" wink smiley

As for the unanswered prayer please read:
Deuterolomy 29 vs 29

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
ollaxworld:
Op, lemme ask you these questions.
1. Do you have mind? if yes, where is it located in your body?
2. What has dreams got to do with God's nature?
3. Do you even understand what dreams are?

God exists, go read the big bang theory and the charles darwin's theory of evolution, they ar full of flaws.

But the bible is infallible right?

The most idiotic book ever written is the bible - go figure it out
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
did u also witness genesis of the universe,can u prove to me how God exist with scientific or philosophical evidence,I don't need bible verse proof.

Even the bible we carry is not the original bible,the original was burnt in old roman empire nd re-written by by some men for 1year or so under the guidiance of king james

Yeah some parts are not the way they are.

interpolation by bias translators.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Charlesdonald(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
dejaiiro:
A wise man once said, "it is better to live your with the hope that God does exist and be proven wrong , than to live your life like he doesn't exist and have external regrets" wink smiley

As for the unanswered prayer please read:
Deuterolomy 29 vs 29

thanks for this wonderful contribution
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by pippimp(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You have a penchant for making irrational conclusions . This must be one of the atheists that are tell sneaky lies - that there were Christians and all , and want to become atheists .

You need to educate yourself man , a child can do better - I have to let you know

Then disprove his comments.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
Like the naira, religion don enter free market. If it is true, it's value will increase. If false, all its arrogance is coming to an end. Ironically, we might be truly living in the end times.... of religion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Swissheart(f): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
Yup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by jahstech: 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
herzern:
no matter what...... God loves you.......Jesus is somewhere pleading on ur behalf.....please don't succumb to those thouqhts.......they want to push you to hell

my 2 cent

Statements like these are the major reason atheism would continue to foster.

If you tell me to fear someone because he is the Big Boss, he can punish you, guy forget it, I want to be a big boss myself and that is not enough reason to fear someone...

Growing up I was really stubborn but my dad was equally very harsh, his harshness never deterred me from carrying out my dubious acts, I grew up to a stage where I started respecting him, not because he was really harsh but because he was my DAD...

Grow up guys, you bore people to death by telling them such stories.. Are your politicians, prostitutes, militants, thieves, ritualist not church goers? I can see from their action they are very afraid of HELL...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
[quote author=whitebeard post=47106053]end time thread...!! a foolish nigga will always follow a white foolish dude..why..BECAUSE they are foolish...oya..CAN SCIENTIST TELL U WITH ALL ACCURACY HOW THE WORLD WAS FORMED...I mean they said u are a monkey...d
Wow, the hypocrisy of your statements
You do know the God you worship is a white mans God and our ancestors were enslaved and forced to follow the white mans religions. Funny enough the white man made dark skinned jew into a white European just to satisfy their own ego but here is an African follow them.
Bravo.
On your Question about the earth creation. Do you really believe all that crap about Earth creation written in the bible? And the fact that adam and eve were the first two created, keeping in mind tgat God banished cain to a far land where he met "other people". Seriously dude?

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist, because I don't even feel the if any God exist, cause I have not even felt him before, I watch people catch holy ghost and testifying to seeing angels but not even have I had a dream bout one before. We just have to keep worshiping though we shouldn't believe what we can see,but we worship him due to fear of the unknown.

Sometimes I even pray that if he exist he should show at least show himself in a dream or through a pastor,but he still never show himself to me,he doesn't have any message for me,damn who TF is he,we should keep worshipping him cause he we were told fairytale about one stupid hell they keep threatening us with.

Me and my friends once attended a night vigil,when the pastor was touching all of them head they kept falling (in my mind I was laughing at their funny charade), when it got to my time I didn't fall, I didn't even move back as he was trying to force me to maybe fall, since then i no attend the yeye church.

What am trying to drive at is am beginning to doubt the existence of God and if he doesn't show himself to me one of this days, then I might graduate into an atheist. Mind you oh yea preachers and gullible ones I don't need your preaching and bible verses. I have heard enough of that.
And you decided to troll with the moniker iamdiabolic. If you believe in the extra ordinary, you must be a cultist trying to convince yourself that no one can judge you and so, God doesn't exist for you. Just like a friend trying to link faith to magic so as to
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by horlumiday(m): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

So God (who's a merciful and loving God), of whom the bible say 'his mercies endureth forever', will send a human (whom he created in his own image) to hell??... But why?

I believe no matter what your child does to you, you can't send him/her to a fiery furnace.

Imagine,let say you gat 100 years to live , Now imagine, God gave you 100 years to repent but you don't want, He sent His Son just because of the love He gat for you, He even created hell to serves as a deterrent for you just for you to repent but stil u don't want. to.. Now, you saying rubbish that, a loving God should not do that.. smh for you,.. You are just trying to twist the Bible.. If God didn't warn us, thats another matter, but you keep hearing about repentance but you chose not to.. What the Bible is saying is simple... 1)Serve and love me with all your heart.. 2)Love your neighbors.. When you don't read ya bible, you end up having problem about God's true nature

Ezekiel 33 vs 11

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord G OD, I have no pleasure in
the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and
live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house
of Israel

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Haa snape, youre better than this na?!
... Just saying my mind.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

Diary Wow... And that not an hearsay from you.. evidence that the diary exist

haha, the diary exists, it showed she lost faith towards the end

Quit bitchtalking brother...
[quote]
you quit it

[quote]
No one cares about the God they profess to... But a good number of those folks have start getting the picture of the after life... With the German standard health care we still lose close to 75% of our patients.
Germany's dominant religion is Christianity
I'm sure those "patients" gave their life to Yahweh
I'm sure there would be preachers sent there to convince them to give their life to Yahweh
so the question still stands

And who even told you I am a Christian.. another ignorance of generalization.

of course you'll deny you're a Christian but its not that hard from your posts
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
Charlesdonald:
help me provide the answer to this question

HOW COME YOUR EXISTANCE?
evolution is there for you,ok if God created man,who created God.when I was young I use to think cloud came together to form God(though I was young nd naïve then but I was always seeking for answer)then they told us in church that its a sin to think about the creation of God.don't u think they are hiding something

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Zafric(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I started having this same thoughts about three years ago, Since then, I ceased to be a religious/pious person. Many things just doesn't seem right, Look at all the atrocities in the world, the sufferings and deaths and an Almighty God is there folding his arms.

I can't even remember the last time I did that thing called prayer.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3910282_agnosticquotes6_jpegd966c601397b8bc447dfe622bfc0f7e8
Over 90% of people in world believe in a higher power, whether it be Jesus,allah,buddah or whatever. Saying that you do not believe in God because he has never displayed himself to you is like saying that a teacher's cane is not painful because he has never flogged you. Remember God is sovereign and does not need to show himself to you just because you will it so or require some sign. He will show himself when you need him most and I am certain he has. Because I am willing to bet that there were times in your life when u received help from nowhere but choose to brush it off and call it luck or Good fourtune. What u may regard as luck on a daily basis is God helping you out. You're in doubt of Faith and religion it's understandable we have all been there. But check yourself and you will find that you do not have a valid enough reason to be either agnostic or aetheist.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
horlumiday:

Imagine,let say you gat 100 years to live , Now imagine, God gave you 100 years to repent but you don't want, He sent His Son just because of the love He gat for you, He even created hell to serves as a deterrent for you just for you to repent but stil u don't want. to.. Now, you saying rubbish that, a loving God should not do that.. smh for you,.. You are just trying to twist the Bible.. If God didn't warn us, thats another matter, but you keep hearing about repentance but you chose not to.. What the Bible is saying is simple... 1)Serve and love me with all your heart.. 2)Love your neighbors.. When you don't read ya bible, you end up having problem about God's true nature

Ezekiel 33 vs 11

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord G OD, I have no pleasure in
the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and
live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house
of Israel

you're saying this by assuming Yahweh is the one true God
how are you sure of this
oh! because the bible said so
ride along
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Emmysky(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
i won't force you or insult you because i was once like you and always believed that there is no God.But i thank God that today he has changed me from bad to good. one faithful day i was sitting alone i my house thinking about my life and i wondered if there is no God how was i created?,if there is no God how am i able to breath?,if there is no God how am i able to sleep and wake?,if there is no God how am i able to pass a road that some passed and died but i passed it to and fro?.(or are u thinking the devil is happy to see you alive or he is happy to watch you sleep and wake, walk around and evem breath freely? )
Brother like i said it's not by force to join the christian race and at the end be happy you did.but pls sit down at a quiet place and have a rethink of your life and of God.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
whitebeard:
end time thread...!! a foolish nigga will always follow a white foolish dude..why..BECAUSE they are foolish...oya..CAN SCIENTIST TELL U WITH ALL ACCURACY HOW THE WORLD WAS FORMED...I mean they said u are a monkey...dude u are IGNORANT.. that's your problem...!!

¿¿¡peace¡¿¿

This your logic goes a long way to show how ignorant you are. The bible & god you believe in & literally worship was brought into africa by this same white dude, so what is your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video) / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Photo: Apc Church Now In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.