Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

I Wonder If There Is A God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wonder If There Is A God (38532 Views)

Sometimes I Wonder If Some Pastors Were Truely Called By GOD. / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by uniklinkum(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
richie9093:

how many atheists have you met who have done this?

and before you say "many", my next question is: how you know? you dey live for hospital?

I work daily in a terminal illness research center, I talk and take all medical and life history of these peeps. Stop telling me what I know.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by oodua1stson: 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Religion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what is your proof for the existence of God?
me, I am proof of God's existence.prove that I don't exist and you win.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
oodua1stson:
while I as an atheist may not be 100% correct about the absence or non existence of God but I'm 500% the Christian/Islam definition of God is false and I have over a 100 proof.

I asked myself, why should I thank someone for a help i didn't ask for?

Why thank him for creating me? It's not as if I was screaming for him to create me

So what's there to thank him for? For putting me in this crap world?

God and religion is a fraud
I have always maintained the fact that christian nd muslim definition of God is wrong.if God truely mean love then why subject people to suffering nd still condemn them to hell.I can never be 100% right that there aint no God cause am the type of person who doubt a lot nd never stop seeking for answer,but if there is one thing am certain of nd 100% sure of is that christian nd muslim definition of God is wrong

4 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
Elliotwiz1:
me, I am proof of God's existence.prove that I don't exist and you win.

I have a unicorn on my bed sitting on my Biro
prove that I'm lying
the onus is on you to prove
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by fynex(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I started having this same thoughts about three years ago, Since then, I ceased to be a religious/pious person. Many things just doesn't seem right, Look at all the atrocities in the world, the sufferings and deaths and an Almighty God is there folding his arms.

I can't even remember the last time I did that thing called prayer.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3910282_agnosticquotes6_jpegd966c601397b8bc447dfe622bfc0f7e8
man would still be man and God would always be God, you ask why all these things happen in the world, you feel God doesn't exist cos you haven't gone to Him yet, but don't worry He will visit you when you've decided to meet with Him...read Matt 7:7.... Ask it shall be given unto you seek and you will find....

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

I work daily in a terminal illness research center, I talk and take all medical and life history of these peeps. Stop telling me what I know.
did they tell you that God or an angel appeared to them or what,if not they only confess there sin cause of fear of hell.am saying today if hell has not been included in bible nd mosque 80% of the world won't involve in both religion

3 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by tete7000(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist,

Man it takes humility to hear from God. From the way you wrote you don't seem to have any of that because God has already spoken to you through some of those pastors and others you took for granted. He won't come down from heaven, No!, he uses the most insignificant persons to talk to us. We will hear him from them only if we are humble enough.
As per your threat to move to atheism, who does that hurts? Only you. It changes nothing from God, it takes nothing away from him - it makes him neither smaller nor bigger. If you believe and trust God it is for you sake. If you stop believing him, it is you who lose. Head or tail, God doesn't lose anything but loves you and wants you to stay but if you choose to leave all the best; devil has one more devoted follow and be ready to reap the reward available for devil and his gangs. God is already speaking to you, it is left for you to recognise his voice. However today as. you hear his voice, harden not your heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
I'll start from your brain when last did you see it nor brush it or reset it what about your teeth when last have you been able to remove one and reinsert it. ....If not then you have to rethink the almighty is too buoyant and magnanimous to kill you instantly you demand taking your life due to your huge ignorance huge does what he wills and that's why he his God
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by HerexG(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
aaronson:
Op, I'm glad about your write up and that's was how 70% atheist started out being atheist.

The phase were you at is "questioning phase" and believe you me, it's a point of no return, Why?

Intelligence is gathered through questioning then getting answers or no answer would leave you determining if you want to develop your intelligent mind or remain stuck, which I believe you don't, that's why you gonna eventually turn atheist. Welcome in advance.

To answer your second question.

If there was a God, Predestination can't be altered by men for instance, If God created Adam in the garden of Eden with the knowledge he was gonna eat out of the forbidden tree? Why did he then banished Adam and Eve for offense he already know they would commit? Or if didn't know they gonna commit that sin, that would also mean he's not an all knowing God.

Either ways, you could determine that predestination is cut short by God he also made mistake for creating man because he caused his creation and sent them out the garden

So you still believe in the mythical story of Adam and Eve at this age and time?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by fynex(m): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
boss mi am begining to have a re-think bout the existence of God,when I ask some people how he manifest in my life,they would say its cause of him I breath nd its cause of his mercy am able to exist.well I told him this night to kill me if he is really pissed off with me,since he takes joy in killing nd making people sad.if 2nite he doesn't show himself to me even if its in a dream then he doesn't exist
I realise that when u kneel down nd pray u realise that u talking to urself
by the time you realise there's a God you talking to you won't hear you listening to yourself...
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
fynex:
man would still be man and God would always be God, you ask why all these things happen in the world, you feel God doesn't exist cos you haven't gone to Him yet, but don't worry He will visit you when you've decided to meet with Him...read Matt 7:7.... Ask it shall be given unto you seek and you will find....
I dey wait.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
AgricSalt:

iamDiabolic, when I saw "I don't need your preaching and bible verses", I wanted to refrain from quoting you, but then I saw "I've heard enough of that".

Well iamDiabolic, you haven't heard shishi. And I mean shishi. All you have heard is hearsay.

If you really want to hear from God personally, then go and arrange a meeting with a Jehovah's witness. After that you can then make your final conclusion.

For instance you talked about hellfire. Well for what is worth, the bible doesn't teach there is hellfire. This is just a tip that you haven't heard the bible speak before. But only the artfully contrived false stories of Catholic and other religions is what you are imagining to be bible's teaching.
thnx ill read up,but sir is jehovah witness bible diffrence from all other church bible
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
fynex:

you're very sure Yahweh is the true God
what's your proof? how are you so sure Vishnu is not the true god?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by uniklinkum(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
did they tell you that God or an angel appeared to them or what,if not they only confess there sin cause of fear of hell.am saying today if hell has not been included in bible nd mosque 80% of the world won't involve in both religion

You are not too bright mate, if you are close with terminal diseased peeps. You would know a large percentage of them would have start getting an inkling of the afterlife. Please can you explain the underground tormenting noises in Siberia uncovered by Russian scientists??

Plus the black hole, Bermuda triangle and the world of the jinns.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Zafric(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I may believe, And the last time I checked, Ailments can go naturally on rare occasions. I know Christians and Muslims who died of cancer and other little sicknesses. Weren't they faithful enough?... Didn't they serve their God diligently??

Reasons why I became an agnostic

1. Many things about religion didn't make sense to me.
2. I was born into Christianity, I didn't make that choice myself, If I had been born in the middle east, I most probably would have been a muslim. It not like it's my destiny to be a Christian.
3. Contradictions in the bible.
4. Atrocities in the world, Why is "our God" not doing anything about it??... Why
5. Hypocritical lifestyle of Christians and Muslims, and their religious leaders.

Etc, Bros, The reasons are just too numerous, ain't gat the patience to type all.

Firstly you said may so your still trying to look for a loophole in the healings.
Secondly I believe that God is not the system but he has the ablility to influence the system. I don't believe that everything that goes on in the world is part of some grand scheme, but that things fall into place through the course of life and these things could work for u or be against u.
Thirdly I do not believe the Bible has loopholes or contradictions, often times I think it is incomplete with some vital books either omitted man or lost to history
Fourthly If God was to wipe out an entire nation because the were attacking another nation man would scream about it as unjust and a crime against humanity.

And lastly I believe the only battle between religions should be prove and disprove. Anything else I regard as fanatism.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by galantjoe(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
individual perception of reality is according to his/her understanding of reality.

there are many errors when one trying to prove the reality of God. But one thing is clear THERE IS UNMOVABLE MOVER.
However we understands the existence of God in different ways, some are extremist while others are moderate. that is the reason
from time immemorial man always worship idols/gods. it is has been part and parcel of man existence.

so let us try careful on this issue. too much religion make people opiate.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by MAYOWAAK: 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
I have always felt that people who clutch their Bible, Koran and other religious books in their armpits need to also pause, every now and then, to read scientific journals. If they do not read, at least pause and watch science programs like “Wonders of the Universe.” The world of modern science gives context to everything. The conclusion science will help keen observers arrive at is that these religious books understate God or that God underrepresented himself in them.

It is baffling that Africans who do not know how the fax machine works or how the television signals get into their televisions, are confident about the number of rooms in heaven and the best gate to get in.

These Africans believe that an old woman who lives down the road from them, who is probably suffering from amnesia or Alzheimer disease, is the one who tied the womb of their daughter. But their curiosity does not allow them to find out the science that this old woman uses to remotely get into the womb of their daughter and tie it. Maybe it is similar to the science of the fax machine.

The earth that we live in is 4.6 billion years old. The last dinosaur died out some 65 million years ago. Two hundred thousand years ago, there was no modern human on this earth. No white, no black. No Igbo, no Hausa, no Yoruba.This is just the first chapter of human life on earth. Not even a nuclear war, which is coming down the road, will destroy the world. Not even an asteroid, which will hit the world again, at the earliest 2040, will destroy it. The world will end when our 4.5 billion-year-old sun burns out. The earliest that will happen is 4-5 billion years from now when the sun will enter the red giant phase.

It doesn’t matter how many pilgrimages we Africans go to, the world is not headed to Jerusalem or Mecca. The world is headed to the bosom that modern science has prepared for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

You are not too bright mate, if you are close with terminal diseased peeps. You would know a large percentage of them would have start getting an inkling of the afterlife. Please can you explain the underground tormenting noises in Siberia uncovered by Russian scientists??
can u post the video,who knows it could a planned charade.that's how they said mary statue was bleeding.do you also believe that a statue could bleed
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by richie9093(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

lies. and you had time to converse with all these dying people told you their stance on religion.

I no wan argue this thing with you. Whatever their reason is is between them. I don't believe you though.

I doubt you've come across a staunch atheist. those atheist you came across are like the Sunday-to-sunday church goers.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

I'm sure you know for sure that god/spiritual power is behind that noise since scientists haven't been able to explain the tormenting noise.
this right, just fill any gap of knowledge with the spiritual
then when humans eventually understand it better and the gap is closed, move to the next gap in knowledge
rinse, repeat

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Zafric(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
Afrokan:

Stop stop... That sounds ridiculous
Funny enough, If you made this statement a few years ago, The catholic church would have burnt you alive for blasphemy
Its funny for Christians to try and explain the nonsense in the bible with proven scientific facts.
I simply said said that science does not disprove the Bible in certain ways it actually complements it.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
boss mi am begining to have a re-think bout the existence of God,when I ask some people how he manifest in my life,they would say its cause of him I breath nd its cause of his mercy am able to exist.well I told him this night to kill me if he is really pissed off with me,since he takes joy in killing nd making people sad.if 2nite he doesn't show himself to me even if its in a dream then he doesn't exist
I realise that when u kneel down nd pray u realise that u talking to urself
God exists. When things that will make you cry for him comes you'll surely do dat. I pray you dont call on him when it because too difficult.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
Zafric:

Firstly you said may so your still trying to look for a loophole in the healings.
Secondly I believe that God is not the system but he has the ablility to influence the system. I don't believe that everything that goes on in the world is part of some grand scheme, but that things fall into place through the course of life and these things could work for u or be against u.
Thirdly I do not believe the Bible has loopholes or contradictions, often times I think it is incomplete with some vital books either omitted man or lost to history
Fourthly If God was to wipe out an entire nation because the were attacking another nation man would scream about it as unjust and a crime against humanity.

And lastly I believe the only battle between religions should be prove and disprove. Anything else I regard as fanatism.
Thanks for your time. I'm grateful.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Afrokan(m): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Zafric:

I simply said said that science does not disprove the Bible in certain ways it actually complements it.
There is no similarity between science and the bible...The bible contradict every known scientific principle and laws known to man.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by uniklinkum(m): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
richie9093:

lies. and you had time to converse with all these dying people told you their stance on religion.

I no wan argue this thing with you. Whatever their reason is is between them. I don't believe you though.

I doubt you've come across a staunch atheist. those atheist you came across are like the Sunday-to-sunday church goers.

Yeah I am lying, whenever you can find your way to dusseldorf I will gladly show you around and let you mingle in my world. FYI they all have to indicate there religious status for dietary and treatment style reasons.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Zafric(m): 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
Afrokan:

There is no similarity between science and the bible...The bible contradict every known scientific principle and laws known to man.
Tell me one
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by HerexG(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
herzern:

Mr Seun....can I ask yhu a question?....... If yes.......let me proceed.....

you know your mum...riqht?.....yhu often call her your mum........what are the evidences' to show she is your biological mother.....were you there when you were born...did yhu see the video of your birth......Please enlighten me

Bro are you living in a stone age? DNA test would proof paternity 100%

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by shenkz: 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
Lolz....a case of the wisdom of men is foolishness in the sight of God. An atheist is against the existence of a God... But my question is.... If God doesn't exist then what are you against?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by SeverusSnape(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
uniklinkum:

So you believe that crap about Russian geologists finding the threshold to hades?

Okay, we can't explain Bermuda triangle, It's a paranormal place, Care to enlighten us??
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Zafric(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
Afrokan:

Contradict one for me pls
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by uniklinkum(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I'm sure you know for sure that god/spiritual power is behind that noise since scientists haven't been able to explain the tormenting noise.
this right, just fill any gap of knowledge with the spiritual
then when humans eventually understand it better and the gap is closed, move to the next gap in knowledge
rinse, repeat

Fill which gap?? Jinns have been existing before creation of man, what have your scientists come up about it??

We are waiting on y'all to decipher it man. You haven't answered my question on present day ICT and technology if you live in the stone age.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / 2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / Pastor Tom Samson & His Hummer Limousine Storm Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.