Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? (10039 Views)

Andres Bisonni Miracles: Atheists, Please Come In And Explain / Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder / Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by donnffd(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
felixomor:

Please would u even know anything called such if not for him.
So much for "extremely wrong"
Be sincere for once

are you a troll? or just plain ignorant?!

If you dont know the difference between Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity, dont mention me again!
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by felixomor: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
seggzz:
@damogul felixomor Ok here we go... at about 9.30pm on the 1st of July 2016 while sitting at home and meditating on the events of the day (which is a common practice of mine) I heard a voice clearly tell me that I should embark on a 7 day fast. Now over time in my walk with God I have come to know when he speaks to me and so I knew He was the one. Thomas Edison also heard a voice. Can we say it is also God voice? Does hearing voice means hearing the voice of a god?

ANSWER: Auditory Hallucination to the bolded

I began this fast immediately without questioning the reason behind it. Now fast forward to yesterday afternoon after church my wife, my son and I all went home and I decided to take a short rest while my son was busy watching his cartoons. If the same voice asked you to leave your job and follow him would you not question him?

My wife came into the bedroom briefly to let me know she wants to go down the road to buy some vegies and stew stuff and she left. Now this is where it gets interesting.

I live in Ajah and those who understand the ajah expressway and how dangerous it is would attest to what I am about to say. The distance from my house to the express is about 300 to 400 meters and my family especially my son is well know on our stretch of road and has never been seen alone as either my wife or myself are always with him.

My wife left but did not shut the front door properly. My son who is just 3yrs old got up opened the front door and opened my pedestrian gate which my wife did not lock when going out so she could easily come back in without knocking to wake me up and walked out. Your family is careless for not shutting the door is also God doing?

I woke up suddenly barely 2 mins after my son walked out and note I said barey 2 mins because I estimated how long it took him to get to where he did and myself to also get to where he got to after searching the house and compound for him. You woke up suddenly realizing your child is not in the room and rush out searching him/her is due to your seven days prayer.

He walked from my house passed where my wife was busy making purchases and straight into the middle of the lekki ajah expressway. Now this is my problem... nobody seemed to notice him when he was walking towards the express even those who knew him and it was the shouts of a keke driver thag got peoples attention and he (the keke man) jumped intl the road and began flagging fast approaching vehicles down before snatching him from the middle of the road. It was at that point of snatching him from the road that I got there due to the screeching of tires and shouts I heard.

My son broke down in tears due to the shock of the moment and myself and my wife of course got scolded by several people.

Question: why was it that it was after I was asked to fast and I obeyed that this calamity was averted?

Who asked me to fast? Was it my mind or based on sixth sense?

Note: we are not normally careless people my wife and I but the events of yesterday seemed like a well scripted occurrence....too well scripted from my little nap session to my wife going out to buy stuff which she normally does on our way back from church but didn't do this time even with money on her to the front door left slightly open to the pedestrian gate being open to the fact that nobody saw my 3 yr old son walking alone even when they knew him so well?

Please I need an explanation. Is there a link between my fast and the aversion of this disaster?
Is there a scientific explanation to it? Was it nature playing a cruel joke? Your mind has been conditioned.

Answers pls.

Also note that in my life I have experienced quite a number of Strong spiritual occurrences so you need to offer me an explanation that is irrefutable so I can believe that things just happen for no reason.

“There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.”
― Richard Dawkins

You gave reasons for the good and bad things that come to you but you forgot that you cause them yourself. You would say it’s the devil that drove the innocent child outside and come back to say its god for saving the child forgetting It’s your carelessness.

You know it's pure coincidence. Can you simply answer this if truly your christian god is the only god.
1. WHY DO YOUR GOD PUT CONTRADICTORY WORDS IN THE BIBLE?
2. WHY DO YOUR GOD STILL SEND LITTLE CHILDREN TO HELL?
3. WHY DO BIBLE ENCOURAGE SLAVERY?

Wow, that coincidence must be strong.

Moreover can you support your claims on the "christian" God as you stated above with bible verses? Please we are begging.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by felixomor: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
donnffd:

If you dont know the difference between Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity, dont mention me again!

You have seen ur goof.

Saying that a person who is widely regarded as one of the fathers of quantum mechanics is "extremely wrong" about the subject itself when you yourself have not made any discovery on your own on the subject is a classical goof.

Swallow your pride and move on.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
seggzz:
@damogul felixomor Ok here we go... at about 9.30pm on the 1st of July 2016 while sitting at home and meditating on the events of the day (which is a common practice of mine) I heard a voice clearly tell me that I should embark on a 7 day fast. Now over time in my walk with God I have come to know when he speaks to me and so I knew He was the one. Thomas Edison also heard a voice. Can we say it is also God voice? Does hearing voice means hearing the voice of a god?

ANSWER: Auditory Hallucination to the bolded

I began this fast immediately without questioning the reason behind it. Now fast forward to yesterday afternoon after church my wife, my son and I all went home and I decided to take a short rest while my son was busy watching his cartoons. If the same voice asked you to leave your job and follow him would you not question him?

My wife came into the bedroom briefly to let me know she wants to go down the road to buy some vegies and stew stuff and she left. Now this is where it gets interesting.

I live in Ajah and those who understand the ajah expressway and how dangerous it is would attest to what I am about to say. The distance from my house to the express is about 300 to 400 meters and my family especially my son is well know on our stretch of road and has never been seen alone as either my wife or myself are always with him.

My wife left but did not shut the front door properly. My son who is just 3yrs old got up opened the front door and opened my pedestrian gate which my wife did not lock when going out so she could easily come back in without knocking to wake me up and walked out. Your family is careless for not shutting the door is also God doing?

I woke up suddenly barely 2 mins after my son walked out and note I said barey 2 mins because I estimated how long it took him to get to where he did and myself to also get to where he got to after searching the house and compound for him. You woke up suddenly realizing your child is not in the room and rush out searching him/her is due to your seven days prayer.

He walked from my house passed where my wife was busy making purchases and straight into the middle of the lekki ajah expressway. Now this is my problem... nobody seemed to notice him when he was walking towards the express even those who knew him and it was the shouts of a keke driver thag got peoples attention and he (the keke man) jumped intl the road and began flagging fast approaching vehicles down before snatching him from the middle of the road. It was at that point of snatching him from the road that I got there due to the screeching of tires and shouts I heard.

My son broke down in tears due to the shock of the moment and myself and my wife of course got scolded by several people.

Question: why was it that it was after I was asked to fast and I obeyed that this calamity was averted?

Who asked me to fast? Was it my mind or based on sixth sense?

Note: we are not normally careless people my wife and I but the events of yesterday seemed like a well scripted occurrence....too well scripted from my little nap session to my wife going out to buy stuff which she normally does on our way back from church but didn't do this time even with money on her to the front door left slightly open to the pedestrian gate being open to the fact that nobody saw my 3 yr old son walking alone even when they knew him so well?

Please I need an explanation. Is there a link between my fast and the aversion of this disaster?
Is there a scientific explanation to it? Was it nature playing a cruel joke? Your mind has been conditioned.

Answers pls.

Also note that in my life I have experienced quite a number of Strong spiritual occurrences so you need to offer me an explanation that is irrefutable so I can believe that things just happen for no reason.

“There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.”
― Richard Dawkins

You gave reasons for the good and bad things that come to you but you forgot that you cause them yourself. You would say it’s the devil that drove the innocent child outside and come back to say its god for saving the child forgetting It’s your carelessness.

You know it's pure coincidence. Can you simply answer this if truly your christian god is the only god.
1. WHY DO YOUR GOD PUT CONTRADICTORY WORDS IN THE BIBLE?
2. WHY DO YOUR GOD STILL SEND LITTLE CHILDREN TO HELL?
3. WHY DO BIBLE ENCOURAGE SLAVERY?

Laughing like crazy here. I decided to sit back and watch all you Atheists show how empty you are as you all clutch at straws. Its amazing that the champions of atheism avoided this thread like a plague and those of you were bold enough to come in and comment ended up making submissions like someone infested with fire ants.....you were all over the place...lol

Some said Instinct and other stuff but this one here has my award for most ridiculous statement ever made.. Auditory Hallucination? Why was the hallucination given in a timely manner? Pray tell us or is that coincidental?

You say it was my carelessness but why was my carelessness also timely when I never am when it comes to my kid.... why did my wife also not buy stuff to cook with while on her way back from church but chose to do it after getting home first...something she has never done on a sunday...coincidence too?

Now the reason why inam actually laughing at your folly is because every single of you Atheists who gave their submission said different things...why did you not all arrive at one reason why this all happened? Why the 20 different explanations?

This clearly shows you all are living in your own individual heads and are victims of your own imaginations and reasonings. You base your individual explanations on personal experiences and knowledge which even is at loggerheads with each other. The only thing you all agree on is thag you do not believe God exists but when it comes to explaining it you all start stumbling about and being comfortable with whatever your little minds come up with as if you all are the brains behind the universe.

Truth is that more you try to dig up reasons and explanations the emptier you prove to be. The day an Atheist can explain where the wind is coming from and where it is going then I know that Atheist has arrived.

Laughing like crazy here.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by donnffd(m): 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
felixomor:

You have seen ur goof.

Saying that a person who is widely regarded as one of the fathers of quantum mechanics is "extremely wrong" about the subject itself when you yourself have not made any discovery on your own on the subject is a classical goof.

Swallow your pride and move on.

http://www.iflscience.com/physics/scientists-prove-spooky-action-distance-absolutely-real/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3283317/Einstein-wrong-Ground-breaking-test-reveals-spooky-quantum-entanglement-phenomenon-real.html

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
iamtewwy:
Bros ur instinct was at work there.
And secondly ur god need u to starve ursef befr he can do his job?

As for you who gave the reason of instinct and asked if God needed me to starve myself before he showed up allow me explain something to you. Fasting is in various forms and I never stated the one I did but let me help you further....a fast is never complete without prayers and I never abstained from food as thats not my passion. Next to God and my wife my next passion is my business so my fast was to abstain from attending to my business and picking up business calls and not food related.

Instinct could not have been the reason behind what happened because instinct is fallible but this occurrence was well scripted and executed and all fell perfectly into the timeline which it had to in order to work....instinct isnt constructive...instinct is a flash in a pan.

THIS WAS GOD AS HE HAS ALWAYS DONE AND SHOWN HIMSELF TO ME BEFORE NOW.

Deal with it.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
mmsen:

I said 'suggests'.

And if you hear voices that tell you to stop eating for a week than that would suggest insanity.

I never said my fast was food based.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
donnffd:

Be it Quantum mechanics or General Relativity who originated both and named them accordingly and decided that it must be so? Why was it not named Relativity mechanics and General Mechanics....why those specific names?

Both the originator of Quantum Mechanics and those who wish to disprove it where they both involved in the making of the universe? Were theh present when the alleged big bang theory occurred or the very first atom turned up?

Why do they believe so much in whatever they say? Were they there when IT all began to believe in their own conclussions?

You need to know thag Faith shows itself in different areas and colours but SCIENCE IS JUST ANOTHER WAY OF WORSHIPPING GOD . THE MORE THEY DISCOVER THE MORE GOD IS GLORIFIED IN THAT DISCOVERY.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by felixomor: 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
4everGod1:

Laughing like crazy here. I decided to sit back and watch all you Atheists show how empty you are as you all clutch at straws. Its amazing that the champions of atheism avoided this thread like a plague and those of you were bold enough to come in and comment ended up making submissions like someone infested with fire ants.....you were all over the place...lol

Some said Instinct and other stuff but this one here has my award for most ridiculous statement ever made.. Auditory Hallucination? Why was the hallucination given in a timely manner? Pray tell us or is that coincidental?

You say it was my carelessness but why was my carelessness also timely when I never am when it comes to my kid.... why did my wife also not buy stuff to cook with while on her way back from church but chose to do it after getting home first...something she has never done on a sunday...coincidence too?

Now the reason why inam actually laughing at your folly is because every single of you Atheists who gave their submission said different things...why did you not all arrive at one reason why this all happened? Why the 20 different explanations?

This clearly shows you all are living in your own individual heads and are victims of your own imaginations and reasonings. You base your individual explanations on personal experiences and knowledge which even is at loggerheads with each other. The only thing you all agree on is thag you do not believe God exists but when it comes to explaining it you all start stumbling about and being comfortable with whatever your little minds come up with as if you all are the brains behind the universe.

Truth is that more you try to dig up reasons and explanations the emptier you prove to be. The day an Atheist can explain where the wind is coming from and where it is going then I know that Atheist has arrived.

Laughing like crazy here.

Spot on.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
felixomor:

Spot on.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse..."-Romans 1:19-20

"The three great apostles of practical atheism, that make converts without
persecuting, and retain them without preaching, are wealth, health and power. You see as far as I am concerned Atheists do not exist. I say this because anytime you ask an Atheist to tell you what makes him one all he would end up doing is try to explain to you his religion of unbelief. They are only trying to explain away their belief by using unbelief.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

INSTEAD OF GIVING THANKS TO THE MAN WHO PROMPTLY SNATCHED THE CHILD FROM THE ROAD AS THE VEHICLE APPROACHED, THEY'LL BE GIVING THANKS TO GOD.

HOW UNGRATEFUL!

The atheist can appeal to nothing absolute, nothing objectively true for all people, it is just mere opinion enforced by might. The Christian appeals to a standard outside himself/herself in which truth and qualitative values can be made sense of. Only a Christian believer can make sense of it all. You cannot.

Besides all you Atheists who are always trying to debunk Christian values have in the background values of your own which you believe to be immune from the debunking process. In short you see yourselves as the perfection of humanity. I laugh in swahili because all this goes to show that your minds are simply out of its element.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
donnffd:
There is no point trying to give you an explanation because you never would be satisfied with it.

Your mind has already been conditioned in such a way that when anything that is beyond your scope of comprehension happens, you attribute it to God, or spiritual forces and the likes.

If you were born 2500years ago in ancient greece and had this same scenerio, you would say it was the work of Zeus

If you were born 4000years ago in ancient egypt and had this same scenerio, you would say it was the work of Horus, or Isis or watever gods you believed in

If you were an Indian, and had this same scenerio, you would argue that it was the Lord Vishnu and his son Krishna that protected your son.

Noone can change your mind, especially not an atheist.

The simple reason why an Aitheist can not offer me an explanation on my experience is because Atheism is the belief there was once absolutely nothing. And nothing happened to the nothing until the nothing magically exploded (for no reason), creating everything and everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded everything magically rearranged itself (for no reason whatsoever), into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Does the above make sense to you? Yet they want to mock and explain my beliefs? They are simply placed here on earth to Provide us with Cosmic Comic relief.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by mmsen: 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
4everGod1:

I never said my fast was food based.

Whether it's food or drink - the fact that you hear (and listen to) voices that tell you what to do is not healthy.

And why did that voice not tell you to check on your child?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 11:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
mmsen:

Whether it's food or drink - the fact that you hear (and listen to) voices that tell you what to do is not healthy.

I guess I must be insane fof listening to that voice and that insane man is sane enough to log on to the internet, open web pages, know peecisely what site to visit, click on reply on that site or quote and then type a super intelligent response to your highly imaginative opinion.

My experience is mine... when you have yours then my explanation would make sense to you. Until you do, explaining or discussing this with you is as good as trying to speak queens english to a Lizard.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
4everGod1:

The atheist can appeal to nothing absolute, nothing objectively true for all people, it is just mere opinion enforced by might. The Christian appeals to a standard outside himself/herself in which truth and qualitative values can be made sense of. Only a Christian believer can make sense of it all. You cannot.

Besides all you Atheists who are always trying to debunk Christian values have in the background values of your own which you believe to be immune from the debunking process. In short you see yourselves as the perfection of humanity. I laugh in swahili because all this goes to show that your minds are simply out of its element.

CAN'T YOU READ?
DID YOU SEE ANYTHING LIKE "I'M ATHEIST" IN THE POST YOU REPLIED?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
mmsen:

SIMPLE AND SWEET!

THE VOICE CAN TELL THEM TO FAST FOR 50YEARS, OR COME KNOCK ON MY DOOR TO PREACH THEIR JARGONS.

BUT THE VOICE WON'T WARN THEM ABOUT THE DANGERS AHEAD, OR THE TERRIBLE THINGS THAT GON HAPPEN IF THEY MAKE ANY WRONG MOVE.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by felixomor: 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
mmsen:

All these google doctors everywhere.
Shior!

Even normal people and i mean medically certified normal people sometimes hear voices and ask "I thought someone called me?"
Stop dabbling into what you dont know.

*I just dey watch you since*
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 2:31am On Jul 05, 2016
SenatePresdo:

These atheists can't state correctly the reason behind your story(Testimony). We know it is the work of God through the holy spirit that told you to fast.
But the atheists will arrogantly and ignorantly attribute it to COINCIDENCE.

Does everything that happens in this dimension out of coincidence? No!

They are waiting for scientists to make more discoveries in metaphysics.
They rely there hope of knowing all things in science and scientists.

A scientists once said,
"God does not play dice with the universe"~Albert Einstein.

He knows that everything doesn't happen out of coincidence.

So my final point is that your testimony, is not a coincidence.
You make me laugh.
It is absolute coincidence NOTHING MORE. As a christian do you know how many times I get spooked in the "spirit" to fast and pray to avert dangers? Dangers that never manifest? Then do you know how many times "dangers" show up and I was not alerted in the "spirit"?
Do you know how many people perish while fasting and praying? Or you think it is only disobedient christians or unbelievers that die in road accidents? Lol. Indeed you make me laugh. So because by coincidence some premonitions falls in line with a dangerous situation you want us all to shout hallelujah? Lol
The way you people think sef.
If only every dead person could come and tell you their stories. You will be shocked at how many people die trusting God to protect them and they were never protected.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 2:42am On Jul 05, 2016
4everGod1:

As for you who gave the reason of instinct and asked if God needed me to starve myself before he showed up allow me explain something to you. Fasting is in various forms and I never stated the one I did but let me help you further....a fast is never complete without prayers and I never abstained from food as thats not my passion. Next to God and my wife my next passion is my business so my fast was to abstain from attending to my business and picking up business calls and not food related.

Instinct could not have been the reason behind what happened because instinct is fallible but this occurrence was well scripted and executed and all fell perfectly into the timeline which it had to in order to work....instinct isnt constructive...instinct is a flash in a pan.

THIS WAS GOD AS HE HAS ALWAYS DONE AND SHOWN HIMSELF TO ME BEFORE NOW.

Deal with it.
Lol
Please remember to tell us the several times your god failed you and will fail you.
What you don't know is that what just happened to you happens to millions or billions of people everyday. Be it muslims, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, Shintos, whatever. Even without fasting. Lol
And bad things also happen to us all even christians.
So I don't know why you are here feeling like you have discovered something strange and new to humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Amberon: 6:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Honestly the bolded is already too Lame and stale.

Besides, how do you know its your mom talking to you and not a complete stranger?
seggzz:

How do you know it's a christian god that's is speaking to you? did know what is sensed presence effect of the mind or auditory hallucinations?
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by felixomor: 7:40am On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

You make me laugh.
It is absolute coincidence NOTHING MORE. As a christian do you know how many times I get spooked in the "spirit" to fast and pray to avert dangers? Dangers that never manifest? Then do you know how many times "dangers" show up and I was not alerted in the "spirit"?
Do you know how many people perish while fasting and praying? Or you think it is only disobedient christians or unbelievers that die in road accidents? Lol. Indeed you make me laugh. So because by coincidence some premonitions falls in line with a dangerous situation you want us all to shout hallelujah? Lol
The way you people think sef.
If only every dead person could come and tell you their stories. You will be shocked at how many people die trusting God to protect them and they were never protected.

If it were to be coincidence, I hope you know the mathematical probability of such double or tripple coincidence is virtually Zero.
And thats by the way side, moreover some other atheist claims it was "mr. Instinct"?

So please which one do we believe?
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by joyandfaith: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2016
donnffd:

This is how you guys read your bible out of context, do you know why Einstein said that?, i am pretty sure you dont

Einstein was surprised at the Randomness of the Quantum world and the uncertainty in Quantum mechanics, he just couldnt wrap his head around it because it contradicts his own version of a smooth and curved universe hence he ddnt agree with the standard model, he made that statement in disbelief (and not because he was trying to elevate a god of some sort).

Moreover, Einstein was extremely wrong about quantum mechanics, the randomness and spookiness of the Quantum world has been confirmed many times over with our modern technologies.

So please, next time, quote in actual context, this is not your church!

But Einstein was not atheist but you are. Are you wiser than him. It is either poorly educated or delusional people that deny existence of God.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Kay17: 8:21am On Jul 05, 2016
Probably I'm not the only one to notice that modern Christians treat their God as a means to an end. The end these Christians search for is purely material progress. They want to be very rich and materially contented.

As a result they have a myopic perspective of a God. They tailor God to their petty ends. Aren't there greater tragedies so revolting that the goodness of God and mankind have been called to question.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 8:22am On Jul 05, 2016
felixomor:

If it were to be coincidence, I hope you know the mathematical probability of such double or tripple coincidence is virtually Zero.
And thats by the way side, moreover some other atheist claims it was "mr. Instinct"?

So please which one do we believe?
Same with Billions or trillions of coincidences that happens around the world everyday. Probability of many happening is almost zero.
It is very probable to live in constant fear and eventually something happens that makes you believe your fears were justified. So it is not as improbable as you think that while he was fasting something happened that made him believe his fasting was ordained to save the situation.
I repeat, do you know the billions of other prayers and premonitions that never panned out? So what is there to celebrate when occasionally you see something that coincides with your expectation?
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by efismikoko(m): 8:28am On Jul 05, 2016
Op
Please can you tell us all the good things and bad things that has happened in ur short stay in life
Unless u want to tell us all has been well with you... if not where was God then?
Or he allows some bad to happen and averts the others
Sir you are not the most holy person on earth o there are people who truly dine and eat with God but still go through things that are bad
Haven't you seen a (holy) woman pray and cry over her son not to die even fast yet lost the child
Oh you are more holy than her or God's mercy is more on you than her

My brother stop dreaming this things happens to babalawo, iman, pastors and even the atheist abeg

Please stop feeling special no one is we are all the same

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 8:41am On Jul 05, 2016
efismikoko:
Op
Please can you tell us all the good things and bad things that has happened in ur short stay in life
Unless u want to tell us all has been well with you... if not where was God then?
Or he allows some bad to happen and averts the others
Sir you are not the most holy person on earth o there are people who truly dine and eat with God but still go through things that are bad
Haven't you seen a (holy) woman pray and cry over her son not to die even fast yet lost the child
Oh you are more holy than her or God's mercy is more on you than her

My brother stop dreaming this things happens to babalawo, iman, pastors and even the atheist abeg

Please stop feeling special no one is we are all the same

I asked for an explanation and you are here giving me a comparative lecture. Do you have an explanation to my particular situation period!
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Same with Billions or trillions of coincidences that happens around the world everyday. Probability of many happening is almost zero.
It is very probable to live in constant fear and eventually something happens that makes you believe your fears were justified. So it is not as improbable as you think that while he was fasting something happened that made him believe his fasting was ordained to save the situation.
I repeat, do you know the billions of other prayers and premonitions that never panned out? So what is there to celebrate when occasionally you see something that coincides with your expectation?

Dude my expectation as you put it is based on the acceptance of my belief which is that God exists and I love Him. Your expectation or lack of is based on your belief that God does not exist or you hate Him. All this is not the issue here.

The issue is that I want your expectation to prove my expectation wrong by offering me a well thought out explanation based on your belief. Do you have any?
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by felixomor: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Na wa o.
Somebody said trillions of coincidences that happen everyday with probability of almost zero.

I can surely tell u, dat statement is pure fallacy.
Please can u tell me an example of such that was not labelled a "miracle" by even scientists?

And u keep mentioning billions, its like u have a statistical counter somewhere or something or did u conduct any research on such.
U dont just mention abitrary numbers and statistics for mentioning sake.
Did u conduct any research on answered prayers vs. Unanswered prayers?
If u didnt, please where did u get your statistics from?
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by donnffd(m): 8:56am On Jul 05, 2016
joyandfaith:

But Einstein was not atheist but you are. Are you wiser than him. It is either poorly educated or delusional people that deny existence of God.

Einstein was a theist either, he was a pantheist, go check it out, he ddnt believe in a personal God, he just believed in a sense of order and beauty in which he called God.

Thats part of the reason why he ddnt believe in the randomness of the quantum world because he wanted the universe to be ordered, and hence his mistake.

The universe at its smallest scales is very disordered and probabilistic, a feature Einstein never believed it has.

You theist have dis tradition of always accepting wat an authority tells you like your pastor and bishops, they are Gods representative so they cant be wrong.

Well we dont have any authorities in science, even the best scientists of all time can be proven wrong.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2016
felixomor:

Na wa o.
Somebody said trillions of coincidences that happen everyday with probability of almost zero.

I can surely tell u, dat statement is pure fallacy.
Please can u tell me an example of such that was not labelled a "miracle" by even scientists?

And u keep mentioning billions, its like u have a statistical counter somewhere or something or did u conduct any research on such.
U dont just mention abitrary numbers and statistics for mentioning sake.
Did u conduct any research on answered prayers vs. Unanswered prayers?
If u didnt, please where did u get your statistics from?
We have billions of people on earth. Everyday each person does something improbable. What is the probability that a mosquito will bite me on a specific pin point part of my body? It is irrelevant but you can choose to attach relevance to it.
Being saved from being crushed on an highway is not as strange as you think. It is just one of those things that happens to people everyday. You can choose to make it seem special because you live in constant fear. I have lost count of how many time I am told to pray against things that never happened even tho I did not pray. And there are millions of people that have died in accidents even after praying for God's protection.
Good and evil happen everyday to everyone.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2016
donnffd:

Einstein was a theist either, he was a pantheist, go check it out, he ddnt believe in a personal God, he just believed in a sense of order and beauty in which he called God.

Thats part of the reason why he ddnt believe in the randomness of the quantum world because he wanted the universe to be ordered, and hence his mistake.

The universe at its smallest scales is very disordered and probabilistic, a feature Einstein never believed it has.

You theist have dis tradition of always accepting wat an authority tells you like your pastor and bishops, they are Gods representative so they cant be wrong.

Well we dont have any authorities in science, even the best scientists of all time can be proven wrong.

So to you the universe is disordered and probablistic and this makes its occurrence random right?

Then kindly answer these questions to further buttress your random theory

Question: if I put 10000 Atheists in a room andi ask them to tell me the Origin of the wind and where its going to..would they be able to?

Question: Do you know where you are going when you die?

Question: How did the planets form when the Big Bang explosion all of a sudden happened? After all, you don’t see round objects form when something blows up.

Question : if evolution is real, how can it explain gravity, angular momentum, human emotions, and why we worship God?

Question:Why do we not see half trees and half carrots, fronkeys, and crocoducks if evolution is real?

Question:Why do we not see black people come from white people?

Let me even cut it short.

What explains the fine tuning of the universe?
Why is the universe rational?
Where did the genetic code come from?
How is independent thought possible in a world ruled by chance and necessity?
How do we account for self-awareness?
How is free will possible in a material universe?

I decided to meet you on your own turf since you are n Atheist to ask you these questions based on your belief.

Make me an Atheist believer by answering just one of those questions.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by donnffd(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2016
4everGod1:

The simple reason why an Aitheist can not offer me an explanation on my experience is because Atheism is the belief there was once absolutely nothing. And nothing happened to the nothing until the nothing magically exploded (for no reason), creating everything and everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded everything magically rearranged itself (for no reason whatsoever), into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Does the above make sense to you? Yet they want to mock and explain my beliefs? They are simply placed here on earth to Provide us with Cosmic Comic relief.

You are wrong on a lot of levels here

1. Atheism is not a belief system, calling it a belief system is like calling sumone who doesnt watch football a football-fan

2. Most atheists dont claim to know for certain there is no gods, they only reject the existence of all the gods that has been claimed to hav existed due to insufficient evidence.

3. Atheist never said everything we see came from nothing, they only say "we dont know how it came about", you the religious folks ar the ones who claim to know how it came to be, but cant provide any evidence for your claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. / Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. / Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.