Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? (10019 Views)

Andres Bisonni Miracles: Atheists, Please Come In And Explain / Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder / Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Seun(m): 10:56am On Jul 06, 2016
Vicoch:
What about this: Devil tried to bring a calamity upon him, and God asked him to fast so as to avert it...?
The calamity was caused by carelessness. The devil was not the one who failed to teach the boy to avoid roads. He was not the one who failed to install a jam lock on the gate so people won't forget to secure it. He was not the one who went to sleep knowing that there was no other person watching the toddler. And he was not the one who forgot to secure the gate.

One problem with religious thinking is that it causes us interpret our experiences incorrectly and thus to fail to figure out the real reasons for our problems so we can prevent them from happening again. Train your son. Install a jam lock. Never leave him unsupervised. Those are the real lessons of the story. But the OP probably thinks the lesson is to pray and fast more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 11:14am On Jul 06, 2016
SenatePresdo:

As for God healing amputees, maybe this would help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQnI4eoSvwo

Hahahahahahaahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!
You did not even watch the video you posted here. Abeg go and watch it.
The video was even made by an atheist. cheesy
He spent the first 3 min building on a joke and when he got to 3minute 42 second of the video he revealed it was just an April fool prank. He spent the remaining 17 minutes of the video challenging christians to think.

I just wasted my mb watching a 20minutes of a video that was nothing but april fool.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2016
Seun:
The calamity was caused by carelessness. The devil was not the one who failed to teach the boy to avoid roads. He was not the one who failed to install a jam lock on the gate so people won't forget to secure it. He was not the one who went to sleep knowing that there was no other person watching the toddler. And he was not the one who forgot to secure the gate.

One problem with religious thinking is that it causes us interpret our experiences incorrectly and thus to fail to figure out the real reasons for our problems so we can prevent them from happening again. Train your son. Install a jam lock. Never leave him unsupervised. Those are the real lessons of the story. But the OP probably thinks the lesson is to pray and fast more.
The way people do away with common sense in the name of religion is alarming.
Great post sir

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2016
Seun:

For your mind abi?
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by stainlex(m): 11:21am On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

He spent the first 3 min building on a joke and when he got to 3minute 42 second of the video he revealed it was just an April fool prank. He spent the remaining 17 minutes of the video challenging christians to think.

I just wasted my mb watching a 20minutes of a video that was nothing but april fool.

You get patience o! I stopped at "miraculously healed by antibiotics" grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 11:49am On Jul 06, 2016
stainlex:

You get patience o! I stopped at "miraculously healed by antibiotics" grin
I enjoyed the video anyway. The guy just helped prove the ridiculousness of belief in such miracles.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by pablobellins(m): 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
undecided
Seun:

some people are proudly atheist
Seun:

Seun:

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

I enjoyed the video anyway. The guy just helped prove the ridiculousness of belief in such miracles.

The funniest part is that a Theist posted it as proof of because he "believed" itit cheesy but his believe ended up being a joke

Which probably makes we that question his belief in a skydaddy right grin

You gotta love it when theists shoot themselves in the foot

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by SenatePresdo(m): 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

So what is the point in praying? If all has been predestined? What is the point in coming to give thanks that God saved his child?
Since you agree that multitude of people perish despite praying so why should the op come here asking us to explain his so called miracle.

Read what you just posted. It means there is no point asking God for anything.

Yes, everything has been predestined.

But sometimes, evil people would try to manipulate your predestined life and try to bring some misfortunes that isn't in line with your destiny into your life.

But when we pray, such bad projection against your life/destiny by the evil people will be averted.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Yes, everything has been predestined.

But sometimes, evil people would try to manipulate your predestined life and try to bring some misfortunes that isn't in line with your destiny into your life.

But when we pray, such bad projection against your life/destiny by the evil people will be averted.
You should be in the comedy business.
If God predestines anything, then evil people trying to change that destiny is all part of the predestination. You don't need prayers because the outcome has already been determined.
You are contradicting yourself.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by SenatePresdo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

LOL.

Agreed I didn't watch the video, that was why I said maybe it would help, since you are hell bent on seeing God heal amputees.

So now that you are implying that God cannot heal amputees, what is your final conclusion on it?
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by SenatePresdo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

If God predestines anything, then evil people trying to change that destiny is all part of the predestination. You don't need prayers because the outcome has already been determined.

I'm not contradicting myself.

That PRAYER you prayed that averted the evil projection, is also part of the Predestination.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
SenatePresdo:

LOL.

Agreed I didn't watch the video, that was why I said maybe it would help, since you are hell bent on seeing God heal amputees.

So now that you are implying that God cannot heal amputees, what is your final conclusion on it?
Thanks for the link. It inspired me to watch more amputee healing testimonies on youtube. All of them were scams.
You need to watch that video too. Very educating.

I am 100% sure God does not answer prayers.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by SenatePresdo(m): 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

I still need to pray, because it has been predestined that I will pray.

That PRAYER we pray that averts evil projections against our lives, is also part of the Predestination.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
SenatePresdo:

That PRAYER you prayed that averted the evil projection, is also part of the Predestination.
Ok so those that don't pray, it must also be part of their predestination. Beautiful.
This is a topic on it's own
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Owliver(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
During NYSC service year. i was still an atheist(Now i believe in God but just in a different way) i was known in our lodge as an entertainer cos i argue a lot. one of my pastor friend promised me in four days something strange will happen to me. i told him nothing will happen. since that moment i almost gave in to fear but i always fight it back. on the fourth day i was alone in the lodge so i washed my gas cooker or say clean. now i was supposed to let it dry but i was hungry so i decided to cook indomie. i took the gas inside my room. as i lit the lighter to on my gas cooker the head caught fire. immediately i fell on my back. it didnt explode but i quickly blew it out with air from my mouth.

i told my friend and he was like ehen i told you abi.
now if it had blown he would have told people he warned me. but it didnt.
my carelessness made that accident occur.
if not why will a God manipulate me just to prove a point. wheres the free will.

grin grin yaiye but thank God that thing no blow oh. i for dey hospital now dey pray make God heal me. all my face for don disfigure.

Praaaaaaaaaise the Lord. allaluiya grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by SenatePresdo(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

Thanks for the link. It inspired me to watch more amputee healing testimonies on youtube. All of them were scams.
You need to watch that video too. Very educating.

I am 100% sure God does not answer prayers.

Haha!

And you claim to have been a pastor?
So as pastor, God never answered any of your prayers? And you really claimed to be a pastor? I guess you were fake.

God answers my own prayers, if he doesn't answer yours...
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Haha!

So as pastor, God never answered any of your prayers? And you really claimed to be a pastor? I guess you were fake.

Epic
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Haha!

I repeat, GOD HAS NEVER ANSWERED ANY PRAYERS. we only give god glory for things that happens coincidentally or by the efforts of people. If I pray to my bathroom slippers I will get testimonies too, because once a while my expectations will come true. Same with prayers to god.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Haha!

I repeat, GOD HAS NEVER ANSWERED ANY PRAYERS. we only give god glory for things that happens coincidentally or by the efforts of people. If I pray to my bathroom slippers I will get testimonies too, because once a while my expectations will come true. Same with prayers to god.

Keep living in delusion. As a pastor I had a lot of my "prayers" answered, as an atheist it is the same, Many of my wishes come true. The results are the same

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by 4everGod1: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:

How many times have you prayed to your bathroom slippers and got it answered? Give us one scenario. If you havent then what about your spoon or your plate or your toilet bowl or your television or your windows or your table.......or I forgot that you do not believe God answers any prayer which means you do not even believe in prayers so why the "if" you "pray" to your slippers talk?

Focus on what you believe in because obviously prayer isnt one of them. You are in a sorry state bro.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
4everGod1:

Epic
Lol
Epic indeed. Sure you think that is a soccer-punch.

Go to hospitals and see crowds of religious people seeking medical help. These same set are the ones going to churches and the likes, yet they end up in hospitals.

Why is it that you won't believe that god can heal someone who is amputated. Pastors and imams don't even bother praying for such because it would expose the truth.

All those prayer answers you think you enjoy, we atheists enjoy the same even without praying.

I need money all of a sudden I get a call for a Job. I escape lots of accidents, I get favors from people, I get well when ill even without taking medication etc

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HardMirror(m): 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
4everGod1:

How many times have you prayed to your bathroom slippers and got it answered? Give us one scenario. If you havent then what about your spoon or your plate or your toilet bowl or your television or your windows or your table.......or I forgot that you do not believe God answers any prayer which means you do not even believe in prayers so why the "if" you "pray" to your slippers talk?

Focus on what you believe in because obviously prayer isnt one of them. You are in a sorry state bro.
No no no no grin
I am not in a sorry state, you only wish I was in a sorry state.
Too bad you can't determine my life.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
HardMirror:
No no no no grin I am not in a sorry state, you only wish I was in a sorry state. Too bad you can't determine my life.

cheesygrin
you really are in a sorry state......
Your arguments are baseless, but i believe you will one day drop atheism...... #peace vicoch .
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Vicoch:

cheesygrin

you really are in a sorry state......

Your arguments are baseless, but i believe you will one day drop atheism......
#peace
vicoch .

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by roolnaado(m): 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
Seun:
God watched as this magic man magically killed your mum, and allowed it. God watched as he magically killed your sister and brother, and didn't stop it. God watched as he magically killed your dad, and said, no problem. God allowed the devil's magic to kill four people in your family despite the protection of the blood of Jesus, and the fervent prayers of his children in the name of Jesus at which every knee shall bow. The blood of the Lamb and the name of Jesus did not protect them despite what we've seen in Mike Bamiloye's videos. God had a better plan.

Instead of protecting his four children, God would let them die and grant the first born of the remaining orphans a hallucination/nightmare in which he would murder the magic man in spite of the biblical injunction "thou shalt not kill". Then God would carry out the murder for him.

You have disproved this scenario, can you please provide an alternative explantion. Man is a tripartite being Spirit, Soul and Body. Chalking everything up to the physical is illogical. THERE IS A GOD
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Sibrah: 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
Seun:
God watched as this magic man magically killed your mum, and allowed it. God watched as he magically killed your sister and brother, and didn't stop it. God watched as he magically killed your dad, and said, no problem. God allowed the devil's magic to kill four people in your family despite the protection of the blood of Jesus, and the fervent prayers of his children in the name of Jesus at which every knee shall bow. The blood of the Lamb and the name of Jesus did not protect them despite what we've seen in Mike Bamiloye's videos. God had a better plan.

Instead of protecting his four children, God would let them die and grant the first born of the remaining orphans a hallucination/nightmare in which he would murder the magic man in spite of the biblical injunction "thou shalt not kill". Then God would carry out the murder for him.
What exactly is your point?
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Seun(m): 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sibrah:
What exactly is your point?
His interpretation of what happened to him makes God look like an extremely incompetent protector. His story lacked relevant facts such as the medical conditions or accidents that were actually responsible for the death of his family members, so I can't provide a better explanation.
Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by HCpaul(m): 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
felixomor:

You have seen ur goof.

Saying that a person who is widely regarded as one of the fathers of quantum mechanics is "extremely wrong" about the subject itself when you yourself have not made any discovery on your own on the subject is a classical goof.

Swallow your pride and move on.

I have to quote you because this particular type of ignorance is dangerous to our society and the world at large. You are ignorant of the linguistical context and grammar constructs because if not so, you wouldn't have displayed ignoramus intellectual arrogance on a public forum.

Einstein himself tried during his lifetime as much as possible to disapprove the quantum theory and you are here attacking the guy as if you are doing help to your brain.

Please let's be sane.

Re: Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? by Sibrah: 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Seun:
His interpretation of what happened to him makes God look like an extremely incompetent protector. His story lacked relevant facts such as the medical conditions or accidents that were actually responsible for the death of his family members, so I can't provide a better explanation.
While I accept there is margin for error in cases like this, all the OP said is very possible and does happen. If It was down to probability alone so believe me, the happenings in some family won't be confined to those family as often as they do. I am convicted everything the OP said is a possibility.
God is a God of principles and the greatest mistake people make is trying to approach Him on their own terms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Jehovah Is Omnipresent, Where Was It When Eve Was Talking To The Snake? / 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another / Pastorpreneurs part I. The Church Businessmen Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.