Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,435 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Rush Into Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Rush Into Marriage? (21805 Views)

Christmas Photoshoot Turns Into Marriage Proposal (Photos) / Two Nairalanders Sojourn Into Marriage In Pictures / Dear God, Frustrate All Single Guys Into Marriage This Year – Lady Prays (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Rush Into Marriage? by rexericx(m): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
Do not ever believe that good men are scarce as yours would surely find you. Refuse to give in to pressure; you are more likely to fall into wrong hands when desperate. Be yourself; be confident and be ready. Walk into it carefully. Do not skydive o, ‘cos if you do, you’d come out same way. Forever is way too long to be sad.

I don’t really believe in time frames, when you are ready, you are ready. It can be anytime, whether it’s when you’re just finishing school or when you turn 30 , when the circumstances are right and you’ve found the ‘one’ then you get married.

P.S:  Do you really think it’s hard to find a good Man/woman these days? Let’s talk about it. Nice day people.

Note- I have found mine keep date 1st week of Nov 2016
Henry & Jovia Nov 2016

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by rexericx(m): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Source: http://thenakedconvos.com/why-rush-into-marriage/

Wow!  She’s so lucky’’, one of the women in the room said.  “Lucky is understating it o’’, the other replied. These women have been talking for over thirty minutes and just wouldn’t stop. On top what na?

One of them had just come back from a wedding and would not stop gushing about how lucky and blessed the bride was to have “caught’’a man like that.  According to her, to even get a man these days no be beans, not to talk of settling down right after youth service.

“Nothing gives a woman much respect as being married, all these ones insisting on getting a job first are just deceiving themselves’’, she continued.  Who’s this woman throwing shade at?  Well, do I blame her? In a society where single ladies are seen as irresponsible, and in some cases branded prostitutes all in the name of being single, need we ask more questions? I have seen cases where contracts are refused single women, not because they are incompetent, but simply because of their status.

Well, trust me not to let that slide. I was quick to answer that some of us would rather work and earn a living before jumping into Madam’s idea of heaven. Trust her stubborn self not to give up, she insisted all these could be done in hubby’s house. “Who says hubby can’t even get you a job?’’ she snapped back. I got so irritated I could puke.  These are the people that make it look like men are doing us some sorta favours by marrying us.

Recently, I had a pastor ask me after church service, “When is he coming to see Mummy na?’’  Haha, you should have seen the look on my face as I asked who he was talking about. “Eeeh Sir, I ain’t rushing o, I need to work for now, I m just 23 and there’s no need to rush’’.  I think that must have sent a message so he doesn’t make it a routine check on Sundays.

Now, this isn’t to say marriage isn’t important, but the way people go about it? Definitely annoying.  Everyone makes it look like the lady has struck gold. Can we make it look the other way? Yes, that way! Like he’s struck gold finally getting a babe like me, like you!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
OP, What's your definition of a good man?

6 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by rexericx(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
darkenedrebel:
OP, What's your definition of a good man?

I guess a man that has got the fear of God,a man that is slow to anger....

Keep the date
Remember the "printer Error lovebirds"
Rep from nairaland should be preparing to grace the Event
https://www.nairaland.com/2986315/nairalanders-true-life-love-story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by rexericx(m): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
Marriage is a very crucial stage in human beings that must be not rushed into. Some go into marriage because of panic” My friends are getting married at final year or immediately after graduation or NYSC”. They compare themselves with others ignorant of the fact that fingers are not equal. Some leap into marriage because of pressure. It is vital that everyone knows that marriage is a lifelong project and succumbing to pressure without personal conviction is not wise .This may be parental pressure , peer pressure or pressure from the proposing partner.
The desperation to meet some personal pressing needs is the major reason why some make hasty choice in marriage . The need may be financial, emotional , psychological ,self esteem or sex. Others rush into marriage because of a painful breakup , some marry so as to escape from parental influence either positive or negative. It should be noted that no matter how desirable these moves are, they all give a wrong foundation for a lasting marriage that will be enjoyed and not just endured.
The primary reason for marriage is PARTNERSHIP therefore the right wife is expected to be a partner and not a housemaid and the husband is expected to be a “sugar daddy”. They must be people who can relate with each other as friends and partner in progress. The corollary to the foregoing is that the person who will be your true partner must be such a person with whom you can have mutual friendship , you should be able to play with that person , you should be able to work with that person , you are to be intellectually compatible , even though you are at different levels . This means that the difference should compliment. You must have common interests , share decisions together and have the same value. Such kind of partner is the right person for you.

Source - https://www.nairaland.com/2625652/rush-into-it-endure-life

http://www.olumideblog.com/2015/09/you-rush-into-it-you-endure-for-life.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by rexericx(m): 3:58am On Jul 06, 2016
Marry when you are. Ready
Once it's the right person you will kno
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2016
sad
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by computerboy: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2016

OP It's not always pressure that put girls in wrong marriages. Our parents are becoming more understanding and pressures are getting less. Most times it's about the money. Girls will cancel their long list of qualities and values they want in a potential husband if the guy is rich.

I've heard some girls say they don't want to pay next year rent. A man should come and take over. Just imagine the kind of marriage these ladies would get into with this mindset.

The ladies are the one putting the pressures upon themselves. Dragging the few rich bachelors. No thanks to the current economy that made it worse.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2016
Pressure from friends, family and society.

This pressure had made a lot of women to kiss countless frogs in the name of kissing a prince.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by veekid(m): 11:42am On Jul 06, 2016
Marriage kor, wedding ni; if it's not making money it's not making sense

3 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by cyberhike(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2016
Rush enter, rush come out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Vendoor(f): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2016
I like this, Oya look at my signature:

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by ichommy(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2016
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by raziboi(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2016
Marriage without money is nothing oo.....una go eat stone and nail?

8 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by iykedare(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
If you are old enough to have sex,you are old enough to get married.

6 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
Ododo oro

2 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by greatbrian(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
Nice one OP. Most people has forgotten GOD DIDNT CREATE US FOR MARRIAGE.

Instead,

MARRIAGE WAS CREATED FOR US at our own definition of the right time.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by martineverest(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
societal pressure

2 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by mystry(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2016
he that has the money and enough leverage to cater for the family troubles can get married it has nothing to do with age. GOD bless the yoruba nation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by bigerboy200: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2016
Who rush rush marriage help

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by guywitzerogal(m): 11:46am On Jul 06, 2016
If u marry, if u no marry wetin concern us Na ur life abeg

3 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by ileogbenfidel(m): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Na one girl dey pressurize me into marrying her sharply...mtchwwww
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by ayooladee(f): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Lalasticlala come and marry me nau cry cry

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Marriage is overrated

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 06, 2016
People will keep rushing
In Nigeria; marriage certificate = Success certificate Even with all the divorce

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 06, 2016
what about me that is very close to 40 but yet still waiting for man of God prophecy to come to pass.

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by eph12(m): 11:48am On Jul 06, 2016
Even don't understand that"I need to marry" rush some people do have. Like seriously why?
As for me I don't plan to father a child unless i can guarantee the best for the child.

6 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by kolnel: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2016
People that strolled into it also got burnt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Itzurboi(m): 11:51am On Jul 06, 2016
Ladies should applaud any guy wey even plan marriage with them this buhari regime unless the wife wan rush go dey use abacha stove

2 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by emmyw(m): 11:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Ok

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by brain247(m): 11:54am On Jul 06, 2016
marriage shouldn't be a major priority in one's life,we should be more focus on achieving our individual goals first. There are so many people who are not successful in there marital life,but they are success in there career.

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 06, 2016
Real people has/will always live their lives at the periphery of conventionalism.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Man Has Pictures Of His Baby Mama In His House / Why Do We Like Slim Girls But Get More Attracted To Bbw? / My Igbo CouSin just came to SPenD the niGht. Do I isleepwith him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.