Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,381 members, 7,954,545 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (36854 Views)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by prinsam30: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
litaninja:

Not even sure Christians read or listen to some of the stuff they put out.
God is love. But god is also the father. Meanwhile he is the son. At some point, he is the holy ghost.
Biko, make una continue to contribute money give una pastor...

and for ur mind na sense u make so

pls go borrow some sense even if na 1cent, u can ask senator common sense for it
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Maximus85(m): 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
Busayorafael:

You will burn in hell Bayi. Have you not read Matthew 5:22? May the lawd forgive you!

If hell is a place of torment, I for fear. Jesus went there for three days. If you ever doubt the existence of God, then you're what I called you.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Swave4you(f): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

But why can't you date an atheist?
Why do you think dating theist is a better choice?
Where is your God when I lost my brother after fervent prayers?
What is your God doing to help the homeless and hungry children on the streets?

Oh it's a personal issue then. Hmmm, I see.

Doesn't this smell like selfishness?
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Gabaleve(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
VampireeM:

I dont judge atheists cause I believe he/she must ve a reason for being one.

I cant marry an atheist cause I believe in God and its important to me I marry someone who doesnt just believe in the existence of God but also God fearing because thats the foundation I want my family to be built on and also we get to encourage each other in our faith esp during travails.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and I know you feel cause I too ve felt and asked same questions BUT I remembered so many other things ve asked God for that he did even the ones I didnt ask and I knew that God is Mystery, faithful and his ways are not the ways of man. Maybe it was your brother's appointed time and according to christian doctrine each man has it own appointed time and would surely die.. Sometimes we dont need to ask questions, we just need to ve FAITH.

Even when Jesus was on earth there we still hungry and homeless people. To We God has given, we are expected to give and help those who are less privledged just like the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man from the bible. Its God's own way to create a balance amongst his creation IMO.

Christianity is surrounded by mysteries which the human mind cannot comprehend. I laugh when people become atheist just to get their questions answered funny enough they get confused the more.
I loved ur reply so much I couldn't help but follow u...u saved me a great deal of confusion.. God bless u
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by goodnewscliff(m): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

I won't even go into the fallicies commited by assuming a creator due to complexity, yet.

First I want you to explain with evidence, how you know that this creator you just described is Yahweh and not Krishna, Zeus, Buddha, Obatala, Olorun, Amatsukami, Amadioha, or any of the other 3,000+ gods or deities that have ever been invented. Because for every single one of those gods, the people who worship(ed) them attribute the same feats to them, and NOT to the creator you personally have been taught to worship.

Hell, how do you even know it was one creator and not multiple? Or a creator no human has ever accurately described?
at least u know theres a creator...whether u dnt knw d numbers or not, WE WERE CREATED BY SOMEONE A FACT NO ONE CAN DENY
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by dankol: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
matrix600:
I tried many times to get back to christianity to make her happy, i tried to be a devoted christian, i realized i was just fooling myself. I tried to win her over all to no avail. I had no other choice than to move on. Even though we share similar stories, the way we handle them differs. But i think these are some of the things that makes life interesting.
@blaqsmith, make a decision u wont regret in d future. Write your own story my friend.
It is really a valley of decision.. Each of us will find love someday to d shame of those who think their diety holds the key of love. But in the mean time.. We got our lives to live. Live it well.. Bro
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by cloudgoddess(f): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
goodnewscliff:
at least u know theres a creator...whether u dnt knw d numbers or not, WE WERE CREATED BY SOMEONE A FACT NO ONE CAN DENY
Why are you assuming things I never said or even suggested, and why did you evade the question?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by IamforGod: 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
VampireeM:

I cant marry an atheist cause I believe in God and its important to me I marry someone who doesnt just believe in the existence of God but also God fearing because thats the foundation I want my family to be built on and also we get to encourage each other in our faith esp during travails.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and I know you feel cause I too ve felt and asked same questions BUT I remembered so many other things ve asked God for that he did even the ones I didnt ask and I knew that God is Mystery, faithful and his ways are not the ways of man. Maybe it was your brother's appointed time and according to christian doctrine each man has it own appointed time and would surely die.. Sometimes we dont need to ask questions, we just need to ve FAITH.

Even when Jesus was on earth there we still hungry and homeless people. To We God has given, we are expected to give and help those who are less privledged just like the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man from the bible. Its God's own way to create a balance amongst his creation IMO.

Christianity is surrounded by mysteries which the human mind cannot comprehend. I laugh when people become atheist just to get their questions answered funny enough they get confused the more.

My sister you should be a motivational speaker. You read my mind. I thank God for giving people like you wisdom.
Remain blessed cheesy
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by allanphash7(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
Which god
Gaborone:

Let me help: Nothing is above love. But then, God is love. That brings the op back to...God.

wink
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Why are you assuming things I never said or even suggested, and why did you evade the question?
dnt be so limited in knowledge..its not about what religion teaches...its about how LIFE ON EXIST ONLY ON PLANET EARTH...THE CREATION IS SO PERFECT...NOT LIKE HUMAN STUFFS THAT GET TO HAVE ALLOT OF DISADVANTAGES...GO READ GEOGRAGHY, OR STUDY STUFFS ABOUT THE CORRECTNESS PERFECTNESS UNIQUENESS PRECISENESS OF THE PLANET EARTH ITSELF AND THE SOLAR SYSTEM, ITS ORBITS, ITS AXIS, ITS TILTS ROUND THE SUN AND COME BACK AND TELL ME IT WE WERE NOT CREATED BY CREATOR......NOT TO TALK OF BIOLOGY, SCIENCE AND STUFFS...*thinking someones nt using their brain*
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

dnt be so limited in knowledge..its not about what religion teaches...its about how LIFE ON EXIST ONLY ON PLANET EARTH...THE CREATION IS SO PERFECT...NOT LIKE HUMAN STUFFS THAT GET TO HAVE ALLOT OF DISADVANTAGES...GO READ GEOGRAGHY, OR STUDY STUFFS ABOUT THE CORRECTNESS PERFECTNESS UNIQUENESS PRECISENESS OF THE PLANET EARTH ITSELF AND THE SOLAR SYSTEM, ITS ORBITS, ITS AXIS, ITS TILTS ROUND THE SUN AND COME BACK AND TELL ME IT WE was NOT CREATED BY an intelligent and loving CREATOR......NOT TO TALK OF BIOLOGY, SCIENCE AND STUFFS...*thinking someones nt using their brain*
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by chrmn1: 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
Yaksson:

the same place He was when His only son was being nailed to a cross, my friend, life don't turn out way we want it, for the fact that u loosed a loved one even after prayers doesn't mean God is not in existence, for the fact that "innocent" kids die daily in Syria and Africa doesn't mean God is not alive. Things are allowed to happen due to many facts;
1. God has given us free will to think and do as we please other wise we become like zombies.
2. The action of man brings about consequences which God in his greatness allows such men to bare them, after all men already have the knowledge of good and evil, so we know the kind of result our carelessness could cause but we go ahead anyway, then blame God for the outcome. e.g here in Africa, leaders know that investing in power and industrialize agriculture helps an economy, they go however for an easy pick- stealing public funds, allowing the children die of hunger, when God has blessed ur land with rainfall, resources, human labour, youths carry arms even when they know its wrong, they form militia against instituted authorities, stalling development and creating massive hunger and economic meltdown. So bro don't blame God for how the world is today, and dont say there is no God cos He allowed you to free will.
3. God is loving and if u come to him, you will find peace, but it doesn't mean u won't loose a love one or face difficulties, but u will understand how to go through such.
4. world is made up matter, matter are made up of atoms, atoms are made up of electrons+protons+neutrons, wat are the electrons or protons made of? who made them? how did they come into existence? was it by chance? why is it that atoms of one type of elements are exactly same with another same element even in a different part of the world but different from that of a different element next to it? then electron is negative due to its spin why is the proton positive? you think its all by chance? or a supreme being made them all?
5. Better believe in a God and even when u die and discover non, then you won't have missed any thing, than not to believe only to die and see that there is actually one.
6. are u a moral individual? I know its yes, you don't like little kids dying, u obviously don't like abortion, u have things u consider immorai. But wait, one wat standard did u judge ur morality, since there is no God is there any need to be moral, we can live a life of lawlessness and be like Hitler, yes Hitler was an atheist so he murdered a whole tribe of Jews cos he believes no God hence no judgment after death. we can all be like him, rape any girl u see pretty, kill any man who pose a threat to your fame or wealth, don't mind the laws of the land as if u obey man and keeps his laws, you will be inferior to humans, some say we are gods ourselves and need no God, why then should u obey a human god and put ur seat belts on while u drive? why will u consider abortion wrong, wat did u use to draw ur judgments? tradition or culture? cos that varies from one person to another so wat is moral to u might be immoral to me.
7. Lastly pls do make time and search for the truth, there is only one purpose in life, to fulfill the will of the one that brought you to this world, not your parents as they and the ones before them were all brought just like you were, but the maker of heaven and earth, and all that are in it.
proud of you son. Even better, I know God's proud of you. Some people do not realize that even Jesus does cry. Mankind was legally given the right to live as he wants because he demanded that right pretty prematurely and was handed same but unfortunately, on the flip side, he was also given the burden to bear the consequences. The imperfection in the world today is a direct consequence of the point highlighted above.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Udofire(m): 5:15am On Jul 09, 2016
UyiIredia:

Well it looks like you're going to lose her because you're an atheist. I was going to argue with you about God's existence but it's going to be a waste of time. We'll just end up talking in circles. So all I can say is try your luck with another girl and I hope you find one that can tolerate your atheism. But that would be hard to find in this Naija.
he'll surely get one if his ready to have an olosho as a girlfriend or wife.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Busayorafael(m): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2016
Maximus85:

If hell is a place of torment, I for fear. Jesus went there for three days. If you ever doubt the existence of God, then you're what I called you.

Sorry bro, you're going to hell.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 8:51am On Jul 09, 2016
Busayorafael:

Hell is imaginary. Pls wake up
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Busayorafael(m): 1:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Blaqsmith:
Hell is imaginary. Pls wake up
Lol. Not imaginary for Christians.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
Busayorafael:

Lol. Not imaginary for Christians.
I know it's a place of eternal life with you guys. A place where you only eat fruits and vegetables. A place where there are lots of gold. A place where you play with lions.
How beautiful a place.

Keep living in your dreamland.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Busayorafael(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
Blaqsmith:

I know it's a place of eternal life with you guys. A place where you only eat fruits and vegetables. A place where there are lots of gold. A place where you play with lions.
How beautiful a place.

Keep living in your dreamland.

Calm down, bro. Follow my previous comments and check for sarcasm.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
Busayorafael:

Calm down, bro. Follow my previous comments and check for sarcasm.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sorry I didn't notice.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by macof(m): 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
horlumiday:
1.The Bible is the best selling book of all time
2.The Bible was written over a long period of time by various men(40)
3.The Bible is God's Word
4.The Bible predicted the rise and fall of empires centuries in advance.
5.The Bible is scientifically accurate
6The Bible is historically accurate.
7.The Bible has dramatically changed many lives including mine.

grin grin and continue telling yourself the buypoo is not fake

you heard god say all those things right? or the buypoo just claims it is God's word and you sheepishly believe?
what scientific and historical accuracies does the buypoo contain?

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by macof(m): 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
daproflinks:

Oh so you have a conscience? Who put it there? Having a concience means you have a soul and that means you answerable to someone and that someone is your maker(God) let me ask you a question do animals have a conscience? Because they are not answerable to anyone that is why they are animals you to have a conscience means there is someone higher than you judging you 24/7.And that person created a variety of beings human being and animals .so please stop deceiving your conscience which you admit you have

you are such a doodie head. so you don't watch Anima documentary shows to tell you that some animals feel everything humans feel. just because your pastor never told you animals are as sentient as you are doesn't mean they aren't. .. very soon people like u won't eat if your pastor doesn't give the go ahead

yet, let's say (as I myself believe) that there's a conscious creator, what's to say that ur poo of a god called Jehovah(reading about him in the bible confirms this) is that creator?

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by macof(m): 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
Time2Smile:

Let me give it to you straight young man, You don't deserve her or anyone else, you don't deserve companionship or even love. In case you don't know, the feelings, emotion,love you have for her and enjoy and you fear losing were created by God as a mercy and blessing to mankind. It is the same God you deny. HOW DARE YOU? You want to enjoy the blessing of the one you don't acknowledge. Since you are self sufficient and in no need of God then you should not be in need of mere human. Some of your reasons for being atheist are just stupid and intractable. NONSENSE

if this God is so concerned about believing in him and using his products like feelings; why not he just kill all atheist?
the thing seems to be paining you more than ur god

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by horlumiday(m): 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
macof:

grin grin and continue telling yourself the buypoo is not fake

you heard god say all those things right? or the buypoo just claims it is God's word and you sheepishly believe?
what scientific and historical accuracies does the buypoo contain?

I don't have time to argue and stop disturbing me, you don't know anything in the Bible and you wanna argue, go and sleep joor and stop disturbing the elders,
John 8 vs 32..Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free....
You wanna know about God, Do ur research... Kinda funny, any bad thing that happens, you blame God.. When the Bible clearly says that 'Satan is the prince(Ruler) of this earth..

Astronomy
Stars are innumerable (Genesis 22:17 ; Jeremiah 33:22 )
Stars differ in glory (1 Corinthians 15:41 )
Stars follow a predictable pattern (Jeremiah 31:35 )
Earth is round, not flat (Isaiah 40:22 ; Psalm 103:12 )
Earth hangs on nothing (not built on pillars) ( Job 26:7 )
Scientific evidence of a young universe:
1) Spiral galaxies
2) “Missing” supernova remnants
3) Short-lived comets
4) Moon moving away from Earth

Geology

Water cycle ( Ecclesiastes 1:7 ; Isaiah 55:10 )
Sea currents (Psalm 8:8 )
“Fountains of the deep broken up” ( Genesis 7:11 )
Scientific evidence of a young earth:
1) Continents erode too fast
2) Too much mud on the sea floor
3) Too much sodium in the ocean
4) Too rapid decay of earth’s magnetic field
Biology

Blood circulation ( Leviticus 17:11 )
Scientific evidence of a recent creation:
1) DNA programming for irreducibly complex protein sequences
2) Lack of missing links in the fossil record
3) Dinosaur blood vessels in fossils
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Maximus85(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
Busayorafael:

When you get there greet your fellow fools.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
Maximus85:

When you get there greet your fellow fools.
You've misconstrued him just like I did. He was just being sarcastic.
He's not one of those religitards and religious apologetics.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Coldfeets: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2016
Wow!

Cloudgoddess!!!

My kind of girl!!!

Baby, please talk to me

Please, let's get in touch
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2016
VampireeM:

bless you
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Swave4you(f): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2016
Really
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Immorttal: 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2016

[/i][/font][/size][/quote]i tire for you. What if you die and realise there is no God?
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Immorttal: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
VampireeM:

i tire for you. What if you die and realise there is no God Do you have to believe what was inculcated on your innocent mind since you were a toddler.Think!!!
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Kunberg: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Issorite....
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
Kunberg:
Issorite....
hehe

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Luka Ubangari, RCCG Pastor In Kaduna / Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.