Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,993 members, 7,956,705 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (36857 Views)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
01mcfadden:
Lolz. My brother, I got you here. This is kinda weird and expected because I know the importance Nigerians attach to religion even though it has no positive reflection in their ways. Even worse is her parents, which Nigerian parents would wana have an atheist for an inlaw? It's hard! On a more serious note, I'm not a pessimist but permit me to confess, I saw it coming. We'll talk it out personaly later.
Religion was never my thing bro. I hope someone just tell me "That's fine. You can live your life without any fear of some sky daddy."

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by CaraJewel(f): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
VampireeM:

I dont judge atheists cause I believe he/she must ve a reason for being one.

I cant marry an atheist cause I believe in God and its important to me I marry someone who doesnt just believe in the existence of God but also God fearing because thats the foundation I want my family to be built on and also we get to encourage each other in our faith esp during travails.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and I know you feel cause I too ve felt and asked same questions BUT I remembered so many other things ve asked God for that he did even the ones I didnt ask and I knew that God is Mystery, faithful and his ways are not the ways of man. Maybe it was your brother's appointed time and according to christian doctrine each man has it own appointed time and would surely die.. Sometimes we dont need to ask questions, we just need to ve FAITH.

Even when Jesus was on earth there we still hungry and homeless people. To We God has given, we are expected to give and help those who are less privledged just like the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man from the bible. Its God's own way to create a balance amongst his creation IMO.

Christianity is surrounded by mysteries which the human mind cannot comprehend. I laugh when people become atheist just to get their questions answered funny enough they get confused the more.
you said it all
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by anonimi: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Perhaps atheist isn't the best world to use, but I don't believe in that God Christians and Muslims worship.

You would have to walk a mile in my shoe to understand why I said I live in denial to satisfy and make my loved ones happy. You will definitely need to bro.

Perhaps I have walked in your shoes and know that it is necessary to make the sacrifice to match whatever one BELIEVES, otherwise what is living all about?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3625092_1210585412483591418450961485863881201431697n_jpegf664cb6caf27203385f35db7112db6e5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Miona: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
God says more than hi, just that He doesn't speak to everyone especially those that think He's doesn't exist. Thanks to God there are still people that will trust Him all the way. Please, leave the poor girl alone. Let her be, she prefers God's existence to your whatever.

Blaqsmith:

It's like u don't get me bro. I don't need any god. Show me the god and I'd still damn him and his f*cking hell. I just wanna be free.

I don't debate about one who calls himself almighty and can't even say "Hi"

5 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by prinsam30: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
brother you need Jesus in your life, ask him to reveal himself to you and if he doesn't I will denounce Christianity and follow your belief

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Amberon11: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
Why did you once pray to him? Why pray to someone who never existed. You're angry at God. That's all and this response proves that.
Blaqsmith:

It's like u don't get me bro. I don't need any god. Show me the god and I'd still damn him and his f*cking hell. I just wanna be free.

I don't debate about one who calls himself almighty and can't even say "Hi"

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Daintelectual(m): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

But why can't you date an atheist?
Why do you think dating theist is a better choice?
Where is your God when I lost my brother after fervent prayers?
What is your God doing to help the homeless and hungry children on the streets?
Oga the enjoyment of your life here on earth depends on the revelation you have about God. He gave each and everyman a choice and you just choose to believe He does not exist. Enjoy your freedom while it last.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by chinnasa: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
The problem here is not if they is a God or no God. My brother all I see is your selfishness and self centreness, claming to be an atheist. You are not dude. I have seen an atheist and he is the most coolest guy I ever met in Greece. He just believe he existed to love and whatever happens life goes on. Oga abeg go bath. Mtweee.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Antina(f): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Seun, pls come and advice this guy abeg!
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by freecocoa(f): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
prinsam30:
brother you need Jesus in your life, ask him to reveal himself to you and if he doesn't I will denounce Christianity and follow your belief
Like a gazillion people haven't and he is still no where to be found?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by sammhi(m): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

I don't understand..is God suppose to build home for the homeless and come down to cook for the hungry?
Losing your brother after fervent prayers is painful and F of is fully aware. Of your pains but is not enough to doubt his existence
So the sky, Moon , rivers , ocean , sea, animals all came into existence by itself?
Common, please use common sense ....don't let emotions becloud common sense !!
Will I blame Buhari if I can't get what I want in life?
I must know how to get Buhari to listen to me...but even at that Buhari may not solve all of what I wanted
God, though can solve all problems is not a servant but a Master and so HE decides what and when and whose prayers to answer .
A servant god will be at your back and call ...but a Master God decides when and who and whom or which
In any case, He Has promised to put an end to Death ..
You must know that there is a better life in a new world that he has promised...in that new world .death will cease....so even if one dies now, it is not very important as long as he has a relationship with God ..he is assured of being brought back to life again.(Resurrection)
Please read John 5: 28, 29
1 Cor 15: 26, then read from verse 26 to 47.
Also read Revelation 21: verse 3 and 4
When you know this world is like a school or training ground for a better world ..then you will not grieve so much..
Please read those scriptures I quoted above and you may contact me personally on priavte for more discussion
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
People dont just marry for love. .. they marry to leave a good legacy to their children. Your lack of faith means she might likely fail to pass her faith to her babies

You need to look for an atheist.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by sammhi(m): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

I don't understand..is God suppose to build home for the homeless and come down to cook for the hungry?
Losing your brother after fervent prayers is painful and F of is fully aware. Of your pains but is not enough to doubt his existence
So the sky, Moon , rivers , ocean , sea, animals all came into existence by itself?
Common, please use common sense ....don't let emotions becloud common sense !!
Will I blame Buhari if I can't get what I want in life?
I must know how to get Buhari to listen to me...but even at that Buhari may not solve all of what I wanted
God, though can solve all problems is not a servant but a Master and so HE decides what and when and whose prayers to answer .
A servant god will be at your back and call ...but a Master God decides when and who and whom or which
In any case, He Has promised to put an end to Death ..
You must know that there is a better life in a new world that he has promised...in that new world .death will cease....so even if one dies now, it is not very important as long as he has a relationship with God ..he is assured of being brought back to life again.(Resurrection)
Please read John 5: 28, 29
1 Cor 15: 26, then read from verse 26 to 47.
Also read Revelation 21: verse 3 and 4
When you know this world is like a school or training ground for a better world ..then you will not grieve so much..
Please read those scriptures I quoted above and you may contact me personally in private for more discussions
Cheers
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by jaephoenix(m): 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dude I am was in your shoe. I lost my gf after I told her am an atheist, last 2 yrs. Now am getting married to a gal that ticks all my boxes and doesn't care if am an atheist. And she is bisexual too wink

6 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by kolexy(m): 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:
I am bringing up this issue here because I don't trust the environment I live and the people I co-habit with. They would open up the bible for me than tell me some truth I need to hear or advise me to go for brain evaluation. I am well ok.

I've been an atheist for some years now, but due to beliefs of people around, I make it a closed affair. Though I raised questions which theists always fail to convincingly answer, I still agree with them that there is god.

I live in this denial of who I am just to satisfy my loved ones and make them happy. They see atheist as a mad man.

All these years, this is what I battle inside of me, but what choice do I have than just to play along? I don't wanna lose loved ones 'cause of my belief.

I muster some courage and decided to reveal my real self to my girlfriend who is also religious. She's told me her love for me is unconditional and I tried to believe her.

She went berserk when I told her am an atheist... She wouldn't just believe it. Since then, she's been looking at me like I'm under some spell.

I'm losing her and I don't ever wanna lose her. If for anything, not because I don't believe there is God who looks by while toddlers die.

Prof! Do you believe in evolution like Charles Darwin? Or big bang theory? I know some Ise people look like those Darwianians creatures smiley
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:
I am bringing up this issue here because I don't trust the environment I live and the people I co-habit with. They would open up the bible for me than tell me some truth I need to hear or advise me to go for brain evaluation. I am well ok.

I've been an atheist for some years now, but due to beliefs of people around, I make it a closed affair. Though I raised questions which theists always fail to convincingly answer, I still agree with them that there is god.

I live in this denial of who I am just to satisfy my loved ones and make them happy. They see atheist as a mad man.

All these years, this is what I battle inside of me, but what choice do I have than just to play along? I don't wanna lose loved ones 'cause of my belief.

I muster some courage and decided to reveal my real self to my girlfriend who is also religious. She's told me her love for me is unconditional and I tried to believe her.

She went berserk when I told her am an atheist... She wouldn't just believe it. Since then, she's been looking at me like I'm under some spell.

I'm losing her and I don't ever wanna lose her. If for anything, not because I don't believe there is God who looks by while toddlers die.

There are two kinds of atheists. We have outspoken atheists that are also usually guity of misotheism(hatred for God and religious things) and the more reserved, restrained type. From what I see about you, your probably have serious problems with religion.

I apologise if you are an easy going, restrained ecumenical atheist.
I think the best thing is to try to open her mind to the fact that belief in God doesn't come as easy to some. Show her that you have a stronger moral framework than most theists. And of course, you need to be very tolerant towards religious people and things. If you can manage it, practise Christianity as a cultural, traditional thing. Follow her to church, pray. Religion can be symbolic. It can be a form of artistic ritual that helps you emotionally. Same way you listen to music.

If she still leaves you, then you should move on. She's too closed minded for you. Any marriage would be a disaster waiting to happen.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by sokoh400(m): 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
I believe in God but not in religion and i am able to separate both.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Welcomme: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
Op, she just dey shakara..she go still come back..Husband scarce pass make girl dey reason religion matter.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by peedeeasobie(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

You are an atheist and you want to date a believer?
Are you okay?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Proffdada: 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

I see your problem as more of ptsd like all atheists have been experiencing
They're selfish to the fact that God answered their prayers but they don't understand why it didn't go their way
All you need is to retrace your steps and ask God for forgiveness to be at peace

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Adavizeeee(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
It's actually a grt tin 2 believe in GOD bro.Abt wat u said on d issue of ur bro dat actually happened 2 my dad bt all I could do is 2 mourn and tank d lord .so bro my advice 2 u is 2 believe and go get ur girl coolIt's actually a grt tin 2 believe in GOD bro.Abt wat u said on d issue of ur bro dat actually happened 2 my dad bt all I could do is 2 mourn and tank d lord .so bro my advice 2 u is 2 believe and go get ur girl
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
If she can't subscribe to your vision/ideals, she's not your wife, she's your partner...what do you want? BTW you don't believe in God? Lol death will change your mind cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
kolexy:

Prof! Do you believe in evolution like Charles Darwin? Or big bang theory? I know some Ise people look like those Darwianians creatures smiley
Sir, the theory of evolution is more well explanatory and satisfactory than the conflicting accounts in the bible and quran. Why should I even believe a book that says plants come before sun?
why believe a book that says "Happy is he that dasheth the child against the rock" Psalm 137 vs 9 and Deuteronomy 21 vs 18
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by newggce: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
God made man to have his own will. You have a will to either accept GOD or reject Him. But at the end you will be rewarded. If you fails to involve GOD in your foundation, don't expect Him in your building. Simple!
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
peedeeasobie:

You are an atheist and you want to date a believer?
Are you okay?
No. We were both first humans. She choosed religion, I don't. And who told u it's insane when an atheist marries an unbeliever? your pastor or imam I guess.

I'm well ok.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Yello1(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=Blaqsmith post=47292231]

Could u pls watch dis video God's not dead. It could help u answer some of d questions above. To d major issue at hand. Ladies sometimes are funny and dey act funny neva mind are sudden change give are time and more reason to lov u and u will see her burning for u again and assure her u aint gonna try lord ur believe over her.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by prinsam30: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
freecocoa:
Like a gazillion people haven't and he is still no where to be found?

then you're in a wrong path, keep searching
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by freecocoa(f): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
prinsam30:

then you're in a wrong path, keep searching
Instead asking me to search, why not show me since you know it, the right path that is.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by XaintJoel20: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

I initially thought you could have "cojent" reason for being an athiest. If loosing your brother to the cold hand of death (a price we will all pay) and the problem of the homelessness for the vulnerable if the reason you lost your faith in the existence of God, I am sorry somebody needs to talk to you.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by cloudgoddess(f): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
I am truly sad to read this.

One of the worst aspects of religion is the disgusting and unnecessary divisiveness it causes between people who would otherwise be perfectly compatible. The deep brainwashing that religion requires to thrive makes people believe they truly can not be with a "non-(insert your favorite brand of dogma here)" and experience lasting love and happiness.

What they don't realize is that the ONLY difference between them and an atheist is that they've unquestioningly accepted lies disguised as truth, while the atheist has come to recognize the farce and call it what it is.

Every single feature that makes us human - our capacity to feel pain and joy, our desire for connection, our blood and veins and cellular machinery - is shared between a religious person and an atheist. The ONLY dividing agent here is stupid ideas that have persisted for far too long.

All I can say OP is that I'm genuinely sorry for your predicament. I'm sending compassion your way.

And to all the Christians in this thread basically shrugging and insinuating it's his fault, turn around and look at your "faith" and what it causes. Anything that thrives on division and "us vs. them" is very likely a LIE. Anything that has to be taken on faith rather than solid evidence is very likely a LIE. Anything that requires childhood indoctrination and brainwashing to succeed is very likely a LIE. You are happily watching relationships crumble over lies that you've been brainwashed with & have refused to examine critically. Clap for yourselves.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by OSESUNATE(m): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

WELL, DO YOU BELIEVE THE DEVIL EXIST? I KNOW YOU DO BECAUSE OF THE EVILS AROUND. YOU DO'NT BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'VE NT GOT A REASON TO, I KNOW SOMEDAY YOU WILL BRO. SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.... ONE CAN NEVER TELL WHY SUCH THINGS HAPPEN
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
general111:
if you won't worship him,many others will.and he may not even notice that you are not worshiping him..goodluck to you..

That was an unkind thing to say. He personally notices everything we do cos of His unconditional love for us. God is not a snob. Op, I understand your pain. I lost an only brother and i questioned God alot, wondered why it happened and why He even allowed it to. He was also in pains to when His only Son was killed. While Jesus was on earth, He was batrayed, was mocked, felt fear, was lonely, etc but yet the Bible said He is God.

Sometimes, God allows. Us to go through these trials in order to build us and make us tough. He already promised that the trials and temptations we go thru will not be more than we can bear and He is right here with us , helping us.

He is not the god of this world... Satan is. Adam sold that power to him at Eden, hence the reason why bad things happen every now and then

God loves you dearly atheist or not. He already proved it when He allowed His Son to be killed for your sake

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Luka Ubangari, RCCG Pastor In Kaduna / Pastor Chukwuma Okezuo Arrested Over Rochas Okorocha 'Ritual' Prophecy / Josiah Atkins Idowu-Fearon, Bishop Who Teaches Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.