Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (36417 Views)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by mudiana(m): 8:40am On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

But why can't you date an atheist?
Why do you think dating theist is a better choice?
Where is your God when I lost my brother after fervent prayers?
What is your God doing to help the homeless and hungry children on the streets?
you don't believe there is God abi? but you believe you breathe in oxygen to live. have you ever seen oxygen ? those that died because of lack of oxygen(miners, asthmatic patients, hanging by the neck etc), why not blame oxygen that they didn't get... make you die first, then you go know whether God dey exist or not.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by horlumiday(m): 8:44am On Jul 08, 2016
oodua1stson:
Bible you say?

Book of lies you mean?
1.The Bible is the best selling book of all time
2.The Bible was written over a long period of time by various men(40)
3.The Bible is God's Word
4.The Bible predicted the rise and fall of empires centuries in advance.
5.The Bible is scientifically accurate
6The Bible is historically accurate.
7.The Bible has dramatically changed many lives including mine.

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Don't be an atheist because you lost your brother after fervent prayers. Neither should you be because there are homeless and hungry children. If there were a god, he probably wouldn't even care very much as long as these people have "surrendered their lives to his son." All of their troubles in the world will be transient only. So, that's not a good reason to be an atheist.

Instead, be an atheist because you just don't find real, concrete evidence for the existence of a god, irrespective of how sweet or sad the world may be.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by dabunaija: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2016
A barber once asked a pastor 'does God really exist?' why God will allow all this dealth, famine, earthquake, war etc if he really exists. Then the Pastor replied and asked him 'does barbers also exist? why people are working on the street unbarbed with tartered hair like mad men? he replied 'they have not come now. do you expect me to go and force them to be barbed? pastor now replied is the same things to issues of God. one has to come to God in prayers and faith for him to have what he wants
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Time2Smile(m): 8:54am On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:
I am bringing up this issue here because I don't trust the environment I live and the people I co-habit with. They would open up the bible for me than tell me some truth I need to hear or advise me to go for brain evaluation. I am well ok.

I've been an atheist for some years now, but due to beliefs of people around, I make it a closed affair. Though I raised questions which theists always fail to convincingly answer, I still agree with them that there is god.

I live in this denial of who I am just to satisfy my loved ones and make them happy. They see atheist as a mad man.

All these years, this is what I battle inside of me, but what choice do I have than just to play along? I don't wanna lose loved ones 'cause of my belief.

I muster some courage and decided to reveal my real self to my girlfriend who is also religious. She's told me her love for me is unconditional and I tried to believe her.

She went berserk when I told her am an atheist... She wouldn't just believe it. Since then, she's been looking at me like I'm under some spell.

I'm losing her and I don't ever wanna lose her. If for anything, not because I don't believe there is God who looks by while toddlers die.

Let me give it to you straight young man, You don't deserve her or anyone else, you don't deserve companionship or even love. In case you don't know, the feelings, emotion,love you have for her and enjoy and you fear losing were created by God as a mercy and blessing to mankind. It is the same God you deny. HOW DARE YOU? You want to enjoy the blessing of the one you don't acknowledge. Since you are self sufficient and in no need of God then you should not be in need of mere human. Some of your reasons for being atheist are just stupid and intractable. NONSENSE
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by macof(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2016
VampireeM:

I dont judge atheists cause I believe he/she must ve a reason for being one.

I cant marry an atheist cause I believe in God and its important to me I marry someone who doesnt just believe in the existence of God but also God fearing because thats the foundation I want my family to be built on and also we get to encourage each other in our faith esp during travails.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and I know you feel cause I too ve felt and asked same questions BUT I remembered so many other things ve asked God for that he did even the ones I didnt ask and I knew that God is Mystery, faithful and his ways are not the ways of man. Maybe it was your brother's appointed time and according to christian doctrine each man has it own appointed time and would surely die.. Sometimes we dont need to ask questions, we just need to ve FAITH.

Even when Jesus was on earth there we still hungry and homeless people. To We God has given, we are expected to give and help those who are less privledged just like the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man from the bible. Its God's own way to create a balance amongst his creation IMO.

Christianity is surrounded by mysteries which the human mind cannot comprehend. I laugh when people become atheist just to get their questions answered funny enough they get confused the more.

Yes Christianity just like just about everything is surrounded by mysteries but the problem arise when Christianity encourages ignorance. ..wanting to leave things a mystery instead of seeking knowledge and understanding of things

this goes to show that Christianity has something to hide

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 08, 2016
huh? Were you praying to someone's God or God Almighty? Do you think the air you breath is by your own making or what? You think its natural for you to sleep and wake up while others are struggling to take just one breath somewhere in the world? That you can afford to atleast eat once in a day doesnt mean that you made that happen. That you walked passed safely same place someone else got hit by a drunk driver doesnt mean there is no God...the earth is the Lord's and the fullness therefore...the bible says in Psalm 14:1 "a fool says in his heart there is no god"... if you have ever traveled by air, take a good look at the skies, is that your making?
You are not the only who lost loved ones. I lost my parents at tender age but as the bible says "all things work together for the good to them that loved God...to them who are called according to his purpose"...whatever challenge you face in life didnt come to break you but to strengthen you...what happens when you fall matters - will you stay down or stand up, clean yourself and take another step? (Take a clue for a child learning how to walk).... Think about this! God will not come down from heaven to help the homeless and hungry children, that is why He has enabled you - Be that blessing - Be God's representation and help people around you! Note: if you do not take care of those hungry children on the streets, they will take care of you - its just a matter of time. This is not a matter of being a christian or anything - it's wisdom from God so be that change agent.

I will strongly recommend that you pray to God and He will help you. He will guide you on what to do. You cannot live your life thinking "what will be will be" or questioning the existence of a supreme being - God. We live in 2 worlds, whether you believe it or not - the spiritual and the physical...I dont want to delve deep into this but I sincerely hope you will have a re-think and hope you will not loose your relationship. Stay blessed!

Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Fastpace(f): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2016
HardMirror:

You see what I said about christian ladies level of intelligence? Smh
Go to court and see those getting divorced and come back and tell me about prayers. You are so myopic. If you dated me and I hide my atheism from you, your only complain would be that I don't go to church and I know how to make that not seem important.
Sure you think there are no atheists doing far better than christians keep living in delusion.
It is your type that is easy to fool in the name of god.
I Wont bother explaining certain things to u because my bible said already 'The light has come but men still love darkness'.Ur heart is already hearden nothing i say wud likely mk sense to u & if harden d more,there is no repentance 4 d lyks of u.quote me not cause i'm done here.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Fastpace(f): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2016
freshcvvs:

Why not jump and pass religious sinner.

What does an unbeliever do that you don't do?
Huh!!You have still not made sense.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2016
Time2Smile:

Let me give it to you straight young man, You don't deserve her or anyone else, you don't deserve companionship or even love. In case you don't know, the feelings, emotion,love you have for her and enjoy and you fear losing were created by God as a mercy and blessing to mankind. It is the same God you deny. HOW DARE YOU? You want to enjoy the blessing of the one you don't acknowledge. Since you are self sufficient and in no need of God then you should not be in need of mere human. Some of your reasons for being atheist are just stupid and intractable. NONSENSE
And this is all your religion could teach you?
Clap for yourself!
you've made a lot of sense but I'm not accepting your god or religion. Is that a problem?
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Daniyomex(m): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2016
This one knows nothing sha, saying there's no God. U're living in good health and still say there's no God. Do you know what could have become of that u deceased brother by now if God had heard ur "fervent" prayer and kept him alive? He might have gone mad roaming the street by now bringing disgrace to your family. I am sure if that should be the case, you would surely wish him death. I'm sure you've believe in God at some point in the past but stop believing cause of the calamity that befell, it's good you go back to this God who has all power in heaven and health. He owns the heart of that girl.
#My2Cents
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Daniyomex(m): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2016
This one knows nothing sha, saying there's no God. U're living in good health and still say there's no God. Do you know what could have become of that u deceased brother by now if God had heard ur "fervent" prayer and kept him alive? He might have gone mad roaming the street by now bringing disgrace to your family. I am sure if that should be the case, you would surely wish him death. I'm sure you've believe in God at some point in the past but stop believing cause of the calamity that befell, it's good you go back to this God who has all power in heaven and on earth. He owns the heart of that girl.
#My2Cents
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Perfectionist11: 10:43am On Jul 08, 2016
@ OP..You've got to move on & let go of her If you aren't ready 2 admit the existence of the most high..

You can't d8 someone against their wish..& luv cannot be forced..

Sorry about d loss of your bro..I've been there and I know how difficult it is to maintain a positive mentality when it feels like all things are working against ye..

But your own situation z still better than some & believe me they still worship God...

WE WILL NEVER HAVE PEACE UNTIL WE ACCEPT THATGOD ISN'T GONNA GIVE JUSTIFICATION FOR DOING WHAT HE DOES....

BUT I BELIEVE THAT SOMETIMES...THE BEST GIFTS FROM GOD ARE UNANSWERED PRAYERS.BECAUSE THE THINGS WE BELIEVE ARE GOOD FOR US MIGHT ACTUALLY BE TOXIC TO OUR EXISTENCE...we are just too short sighted to see it.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by mimopel(f): 11:09am On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

you asked where GOD is wen u lost ur brother after fervent prayers??....well...have got a answer for u, he was there right there with u and its the same GOD who u felt didnt ans ur prayers for ur brothers life, saved your life, u have hands to type and ask this kind of questions, i think u forgot there are pple who has got no hands to type and ask questions. pple on the street??......God is GOD, he ans to no one including u...if u choose to believe in GOD. its ur gain, whether or not u believe in GOD. he will always be GOD and he will always do wat he wants to do not wat u want him to do.
clear

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by matrix600(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2016
dankol:

You are just on point brother.. Exactly what I did. It's one of the price for freedom. On the other hand. I tend to concentrate more on better things.. On u will get over it cos the chances of u getting her back is slight except u go back to that boundage called religion.. It's ur choice bro...
I tried many times to get back to christianity to make her happy, i tried to be a devoted christian, i realized i was just fooling myself. I tried to win her over all to no avail. I had no other choice than to move on. Even though we share similar stories, the way we handle them differs. But i think these are some of the things that makes life interesting.
@blaqsmith, make a decision u wont regret in d future. Write your own story my friend.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by teamfrabidel: 11:13am On Jul 08, 2016
then change your religion....abi what else?
GUYS,feel free to hook up with single ladies+guys at www.frabidel.com No.1 Nigeria's Dating Website!
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by oodua1stson: 11:30am On Jul 08, 2016
horlumiday:
1.The Bible is the best selling book of all time
2.The Bible was written over a long period of time by various men(40)
3.The Bible is God's Word
4.The Bible predicted the rise and fall of empires centuries in advance.
5.The Bible is scientifically accurate
6The Bible is historically accurate.
7.The Bible has dramatically changed many lives including mine.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by uzuri(f): 11:46am On Jul 08, 2016
Hmmm. I really thing it's best you let her go and find someone else. She is looking at her future. Some Christian girls won't mind, but she minds. She strongly believes in her faith and that means she fears you would go to hell (it doesn't matter if you believe in hell or not) she is also concerned about her children (in the event you marry) she would want them to be raised in christ and that's hard to do when you husband doesn't attend church. There is also the issue of inlaws and even the church wedding. Just let her go and find someone that would understand your faith. After all some Muslims marry Christians while some muslim/christians see that as an abomination.
If she can't accept you non belief. You take it like that and find some1 who will. Cause sorry I doubt she would accept it. Wish you luck
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by BuhBye: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:
I am truly sad to read this.

One of the worst aspects of religion is the disgusting and unnecessary divisiveness it causes between people who would otherwise be perfectly compatible. The deep brainwashing that religion requires to thrive makes people believe they truly can not be with a "non-(insert your favorite brand of dogma here)" and experience lasting love and happiness.

What they don't realize is that the ONLY difference between them and an atheist is that they've unquestioningly accepted lies disguised as truth, while the atheist has come to recognize the farce and call it what it is.

Every single feature that makes us human - our capacity to feel pain and joy, our desire for connection, our blood and veins and cellular machinery - is shared between a religious person and an atheist. The ONLY dividing agent here is stupid ideas that have persisted for far too long.

All I can say OP is that I'm genuinely sorry for your predicament. I'm sending compassion your way.

And to all the Christians in this thread basically shrugging and insinuating it's his fault, turn around and look at your "faith" and what it causes. Anything that thrives on division and "us vs. them" is very likely a LIE. Anything that has to be taken on faith rather than solid evidence is very likely a LIE. Anything that requires childhood indoctrination and brainwashing to succeed is very likely a LIE. You are happily watching relationships crumble over lies that you've been brainwashed with & have refused to examine critically. Clap for yourselves.
Cloudgoddess, making sense even before aeons came.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Alegirl: 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
guy you made your choice on what you belief,
she may truly love you but will not be able to marry a man that has a different believe from her,how do you intend to rise your children with different believe??

But one thing I know for choice is that there is God,The One that created the Earth and give us breath.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Part of it. But most importantly that there isn't evidence for his existence. Even if he exists, I still maintain he won't have my worship.

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Are you telling me you become an atheist due to the bad incidence that happened?
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by kikies(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nenejeje:

God bless you for this reply

In fact I've Neva read a better response
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by icecream2: 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Believe it or not God gives and God Takes. You are alive because u have a purpose to fulfill and also the death of your brother does not mean that God did not answer your prayers. God is God even if you decide to be a sango worshiper. that u don't believe in him does not make him less God. What if after your fervent prayer your brother is alive and he is in a state that u do not like i.e a liability to u. thank God he is resting.
What are u doing to personally help the hungry and homeless children on the street. God created us to be our brothers keeper.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Shut Up And Change If You Want To....No One Is Begging You
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by bobkezel(m): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
Brainwashed fools. If you can't accept me as an atheist, to hell with you.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by daproflinks: 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Thanks bro. I just don't want it to b over between us. She's such a good girl with a good heart. Atheism just seem like evil to her. I told her to look at me and reconsider her stance. Atheists aren't all bad people just as Religious people aren't all good people.
I tried d option of deceiving her just to make her happy Buh my conscience won't let me rest
Oh so you have a conscience? Who put it there? Having a concience means you have a soul and that means you answerable to someone and that someone is your maker(God) let me ask you a question do animals have a conscience? Because they are not answerable to anyone that is why they are animals you to have a conscience means there is someone higher than you judging you 24/7.And that person created a variety of beings human being and animals .so please stop deceiving your conscience which you admit you have
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by freshcvvs: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Fastpace:
Huh!!You have still not made sense.

How can it make sense to a senseless person?
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Bwaal(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Part of it. But most importantly that there isn't evidence for his existence. Even if he exists, I still maintain he won't have my worship.
Mehn GOD is ur strenght..... Only because ur brother died u blieve GOD no exist if ur papa and mama die unko?? u knw the 1 way worst pass if ur sponsor go die u go hear pwin.... Na that time u go sabi say God dey... shey bi u still get money buy sub dey post this trash no worry u go soon become pope
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by horlumiday(m): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Eeyah
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by horlumiday(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Hmm, not that you don't believe in God, deep down you do but you dont wanna admit,.. To me, you are just angry at HIM.. for letting your brother die besides you said you prayed, was it a prayer of faith or fear?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Paul Enenche Reveals Those Behind Kaduna Killings, Tells UN What To Do (VIDEO) / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.