Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (11966 Views)

See What This Lady Did After Breakup With Her Man ( PHOTO ) / Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2009
Better to return the ring.
If he says keep it, then you keep it.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2009
BlueDiva:

Better to return the ring.
If he says keep it, then you keep it.

u mean the ring wey i go don sell b4 im say keep or no keep, pls forget dat levels and make im go report me for police sattion say i thief im ring
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by zignor(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
i
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by agathamari(f): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
depends on who did wrong. if she did something very wrong then he gets it, if he did something very wrong she gets it. if it was a mutual agreement like they fell out of love then she keeps it
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nezan(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
Return the ring.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GudLion(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
She should return my expensive ring. Pronto
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by debomb: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2009
I say, it depends on the situation.

If it is mutual breakup then return it to him unless he asks that you keep it( for respect)

If i broke up with him then i return it since i no longer require his love and broke his poor heart anyways.

if he brokes up with me( God Forbids!. lol) i will cut all contacts and that means no ring.( This is in context of us not loving together already) even if we live together, will tell him am selling the ring, wetin he wan do? Na Judge Judy go settle the case if he shamelessly wants it by force. grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by matiltomd(f): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2009
fyneboi:

When a guy break up an engagement, is the girl suppose to return the engagement ring or keep it?

what rubbish, this wicked soul broke my little heart grin grin, and he wants to smash it further by requesting for my precious cheesy cheesy ring, hell no!!!! d aboki at Sabo will never allow that, straight to the pawnshop!!!!! cool cool

tpia.:

well, he gave her the ring, not loaned her.

Returning it is a matter of choice, I should think.

thank you jare, he GAVE me, period, grin grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by KennyG6(m): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2009
the engagement rings needs to be returned to the giver
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by gbolo2001: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2009
oboi d girl must return dat ring ahh, for wat sometin dat cost me moni u now want me to 4get it i will call police for you if u dont give me back
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
I'll give it back to him. Except he dosent want it, then I can sell it!!

If I can't marry him, I dont need his ring!!
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by adaku123(f): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2009
If He Broke D Engagement ----I ll Flush D Ring In D Toilet Infront Of Him!!----- Absolutely Childish But I Will Definitely Derive Pleasure!!!!! grin grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by MissyB1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
Ladies and goodies . . .See their mouths like 'Pawn'. grin kiss

These Dudes shouting and singing ''Return the ring'' are the same
set of Dudes that after a break up, would ask for the return of any
lingerie they bought for their G/Fs.
Broke People!! tongue grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by cyriluzo(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2009
debomb:

I say,  it depends on the situation.

If it is mutual breakup then return it to him unless he asks that you keep it( for respect)

If i broke up with him then i return it since i no longer require his love and broke his poor heart anyways.

if he brokes up with me( God Forbids!. lol) i will cut all contacts and that means no ring.( This is in context of us not loving together already) even if we live together, will tell him am selling the ring,  wetin he wan do? Na Judge Judy go settle the case if he shamelessly wants it by force. grin

I agree completely with decomb.
like someone rightly stated. the ring was given on the premises of acceptance of marriage proposal and it serves as a seal to that agreement. If the lady decides she no longer wants to go on, then she has to return the ring, and that's a sign to the guy that the lady is no longer interested and the marriage proposal is no longer binding on her.

However, if the guy is the one that called off the relationship, I think the lady can use her discretion(whteva she decides to do with the ring is her's).

If the breakup is mutual, then whoever wants it should have it. If both of them want it, then NOBODY should have it
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by tokunegiye(m): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
no comment

Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Ajike: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2009
aboki where are you? i'l sell it chap chap and join money to buy nice small gold ring for my finger grin grin grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by cyriluzo(m): 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2009
Missy B:

Ladies and goodies . . .See their mouths like 'Pawn'. grin kiss

These Dudes shouting and singing ''Return the ring'' are the same
set of Dudes that after a break up, would ask for the return of any
lingerie they bought for their G/Fs.
Broke People!! tongue grin

Now that you have crucified everyone with your words, who do you think should have the ring?
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by ofala(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
It sounds here as if engagement ring or whatever symbol is more important that the two parties involved. The ring is just an ornament but what makes it unique is the feeling between the two persons who exchanged the ring. Now, if by any reason,those two persons seize to see themselves as love birds, why would they bother who takes the rings? Does it somehow mean they two may still be nursing some passion for each other? If you are in this situation now,I pray you sincerely answer the above questions!
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by mrperfect(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
I this question is directed to the women?
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
ofala:

It sounds here as if engagement ring or whatever symbol is more important that the two parties involved. The ring is just an ornament but what makes it unique is the feeling between the two persons who exchanged the ring. Now, if by any reason,those two persons seize to see themselves as love birds, why would they bother who takes the rings? Does it somehow mean they two may still be nursing some passion for each other? If you are in this situation now,I pray you sincerely answer the above questions!

Mr Preacher
Look , but wen the feelings has faded away nko? i will run straight to my aboki customer in wuse market and sell the stupid ring
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2009
better let her keep the ring. that ensures you still have a hold on her
and can always have her at your beck and call anytime you feel like it! wink
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2009
George_D:

better let her keep the ring. that ensures you still have a hold on her
and can always have her at your beck and call anytime you feel like it! wink

who do u think u are?
what do u guys always take us for? a cheap LovePeddler dat u can av at ur beck.
Look Mister just go and av a nap cos u are not making sense at all( the brain u are dialling is not available at the moment pls try again later),stop using etisalat and get urself an mtn network
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by oge4real(f): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
If the ring is an heirloom, I will definitely give it back. Otherwise, its just another piece of jewellery, so I keep it.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2009
foyeks2001:

who do u think u are?
what do u guys always take us for? a cheap LovePeddler dat u can av at your beck.
Look Mister just go and av a nap cos u are not making sense at all( the brain u are dialling is not available at the moment pls try again later),stop using etisalat and get urself an mtn network

i was only stating the obvious. do you have to get so worked up? grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by lawrence83: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2009
foyeks2001:

who do u think u are?
what do u guys always take us for? a cheap LovePeddler dat u can av at your beck.
easy!
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by MissyB1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2009
cyriluzo:

Now that you have crucified everyone with your words, who do you think should have the ring?
Crucify? Please, reword that word.

As for keeping the ring . . . .I don't expect him to ask for the return of  it.
Whether to keep or return it should be strictly her business.
Whatever she decides to do with the ring afterwards is nobody's headache and like
some girls mentioned . . . .Pawning isn't a bad idea, You know? cheesy

ofala:

why would they bother who takes the rings? Does it somehow mean they two may still be nursing some passion for each other?
Hehehehe!!
The need to keep the Ring does not only arise when there's still
passion for the other party. Some would rather keep it as a means of consoling oneself
of not being at loss. Whatever lost emotional . . . .they try to gain 'Financially' or otherwise by keeping the ring.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by scottN(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
the ring is just another jewelry. the only diff is the commitment attached to it. So if there is no more commitment then its just another piece of metal jewelry that could b flushed down the toilet (like what happened to some1 i know) . So whoever it goes to really doesn't matter besides i don't think it should b kept anyway by anybody.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by r231(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
hmmmmm thinking
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by lawrence83: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
what about asking the sister to swallow it?

and passing it out with her f**ces into the toilet!

jst a tot! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by unclebros: 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2009
Give to a beggar
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by denony(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
I haven't given any one any ring
so why deliberate on who keeps the ring after breakup.
me i never involve in any engagement so why involve
myself in breakup grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by AloyEmeka6: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2009
An engagement ring is a promise to marry contract. If the wedding never took place irrespective of who broke the engagement or who is at fault, the engagement ring must be returned to the man and it's actionable in court but if the marriage happened even if it's for an hour, the man can kiss the ring goodbye.

Some diamond rings costs as much and it will be very stupid to throw a $100k ring inside a river because it can pawned for a near amount.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Woman & Her Daughters Has Gone Viral On Internet. Everybody Is Talking! / My Chest Is Too Big. Help. PICS / Day I Dis-flowered One Fine Igbo Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.