Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (11968 Views)

See What This Lady Did After Breakup With Her Man ( PHOTO ) / Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2009
o.val:

wether na st remmy or st remo,i go wash the yeye luff commot for my system."behold old thins are pass away and alas i am new again" grin(abeg no vex i no sabi quote bible) embarassed

have you not heard the saying that old friends are better than new ones?
abeg take am easy o! the new bobo fit harsh pass the old one wey you wan 'wash'
comot oooo! shocked
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by oval1(f): 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2009
George_D:

have you not heard the saying that old friends are better than new ones?
abeg take am easy o! the new bobo fit harsh pass the old one wey you wan 'wash'
comot oooo! shocked

LIFE IS A GAMBLE, WE TAKE THE RISK undecided
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by benelt(m): 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2009
Money doesn't grow on tree so I will need the ring back for my next fiancee.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by chids(f): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2009
Personally i will keep it.Tlking form experience.It brought me closure
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2009
benelt:

Money doesn't grow on tree so I will need the ring back for my next fiancee.

bros, forget about the ring. let her keep it. smiley
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by idstar(f): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2009
well, i remember once when i was engaged to this yoruba son of a female dog. i later called off the engagement but he refused to take his ring back. does that mean we are still engaged? cry
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by jaybee3(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2009
idstar:

well, i remember once when i was engaged to this yoruba son of a female dog. i later called off the engagement but he refused to take his ring back. does that mean we are still engaged? cry
Go easy sista, past are meant to be buried no matter what.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by KennyG6(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2009
idstar:

post it to him or drop it off.
Am of the opinion that if u break up with someone, it should be a clean break, hence every ties must be severed and things like rings returned, joint accounts closed, joint property sold etc or else its difficult for both paries to move on
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2009
@idstar,
you must be very upset to call your once sweetheart a yoruba son of a female dog. no matter how bitter you are, please take it easy. there's no hurt that cannot heal with time. just keep the ring and take it as a souvenir from a once sweet affair.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by idstar(f): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2009
@kenny _g and george@d : which of the two conflicting opinions do i go for?
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by KennyG6(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2009
go 4 mine
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2009
you're better off with the ring for sure, trust me. smiley
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by StellaN3(f): 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2009
But what will lead to the break-up
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by ayobase(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2009
na to free the ring even if na diamond.
what about wetin u sef don chop times without number?

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2009
any nunber of issues could lead to a break up, sister.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by nigboy(m): 3:13am On Jan 11, 2010
Each of the marriage partner is entitled to his or hear own marital engagement ring
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by biina: 6:55am On Jan 11, 2010
Whoever paid for it. An engagement ring is not a gift.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:24am On Jan 11, 2010
are we still on this topic? 
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by WhyAWhy(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
George_D:

are still on this topic?

^^ Jog on, there are new people on nairaland everyday!

This isn't rocket science! It's not about if he can afford it, it's about the purpose of the ring.

Will you marry me?, that's what he asked
The lady said "Yes", and then he placed a ring on it to symbolise that commitment.

When the lady came back to say "No", I believe the symbol of the commitment should be returned to truly affirm her "NO-ship". If she's got shame she should return it even if it costs the guy =N=5. If the guy takes the situation to any court of law, he would win without a single sweat or the lady be asked to pay back the equivalent in cash.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2011
dude, this topic is over and done with.

rolls his eyes and clicks the unsusbcribe botton
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by kenjudy(m): 12:05am On Aug 04, 2013
Well, I didn't ask for the ring but she returned it anyway. I felt so bad when I saw it, but it's done already. Well, am too young to let that wear me down.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by PrettyGaby(f): 12:56am On Aug 04, 2013
fyneboi: When a guy break up an engagement, is the girl suppose to return the engagement ring or keep it?
the guy should get it ofcourse. it's his money.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by PrettyGaby(f): 12:58am On Aug 04, 2013
benelt: Money doesn't grow on tree so I will need the ring back for my next fiancee.
u want 2 give her another girl's ring? u no well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Females Hate Gay Guys / My Boyfriend Gives Me 1k.whenever I Visit For Tfare.. / Some Girls Can Be So Stupid All In The Name Of Snapchats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.