Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (11963 Views)

See What This Lady Did After Breakup With Her Man ( PHOTO ) / Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by denony(m): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2009
But in case i decide to give
and we decided a breakup. shocked

well she can keep it, cos u have to let the dead bury the dead grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by jaybee3(m): 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2009
I am asking for the dam thing back not when i had to use 3* my monthly salary to buy it. grin grin

Jokes cool
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
denony:

But in case i decide to give
and we decided a breakup. shocked

well she can keep it, cos u have to let the dead bury the dead grin

How do u mean?(the brain u are dialling is incorrect, pls check the brain and dial again)
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by hbabe(f): 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2009
Whoever has the ring on their finger should keep it. cheesy
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
hbabe:

Whoever has the ring on their finger should keep it. cheesy

Good talk, I love this
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2009
Throw it to ma wardrobe
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by nwachi2(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
Well i think the girl is supposed to return it to the ex-fiancee cos that ring was a sign of commitment for marriage and since that's no longer going to hold, i guess the girl should give it back to the guy. period
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2009
nwachi2:

Well i think the girl is supposed to return it to the ex-fiancee cos that ring was a sign of commitment for marriage and since that's no longer going to hold, i guess the girl should give it back to the guy. period

the brain u are dialling is switched off, pls try again later
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by okeey(m): 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2009
ha,d girl shd still keep it with her
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by naylove(m): 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2009
is it that they agree to break up at a later time even b4 marriage.na wa oh. n
u people think the darndest thing. men.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by thirdi(m): 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
Well for me i always buy very cheap rings for as much gals as i can and make them believe that they are originals

by the time we break up they must have paid for the ring in full with profit , grin

they can keep it
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by denony(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2009
@foyeks2001
Maybe you are sick and needs medical attention  grin
are dialed adict?  shocked
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by denony(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
maybe u are brainwashed and dialed adicted
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
give me my ring jare.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Eaglebabe: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2009
What type of ring are u all taking about.How many guys can afford good rings for engagement these days.So get to know the quality of the ring without saying what to do with the ring when the game is off.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Positivity(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
I pray it never happens to me. . . .  Amen. wink But come to think of it why would any rational guy want that kind of ring back? For one, it'll bring back too many sad memories and the idea is to move on not hold on! IMHO.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by bigben3: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
back to sender givergrin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by MrNiceGuy5: 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
well let her keep the ring, cos you are meant to buy another one for your woman
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2009
@foyeks2001,
do you have to be so mad at everybody? you're beginning to sound like a jilted lover to me, or are you one? grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by busygirl(f): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2009
I am definately sure that anger will make me throw the ring back at him. I think it's not healthy to keep such memories. The best thing is to do is throw the ring away wink
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Theblessed(f): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2009
Well, after a break-up, it's usually traditional for the lady to hand back the engagement ring to the guy, simple!.  He can do whatever he likes with it e.g sell it, pawn it to the pawn-brokers or BIN IT - these are things he could do with it so, you can see the giver is never at a loss with his ring.  In fact, if there's any loss from the relationship, it's actually the lady that has lost a bit of her DIGNITY in terms of her HONOUR and RESPECT, ok! Not the man because, this is a man's world and women knows that hence our battle with them - the BATTLE OF THE SEXES.lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2009
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by DISTINCT89(m): 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2009
Positivity:

I pray it never happens to me. . . . Amen. wink But come to think of it why would any rational guy want that kind of ring back? For one, it'll bring back too many sad memories and the idea is to move on not hold on! IMHO.
But if the guy threaten you about the ring won't you give it to him.

As for me, if I am a lady I think I will throw it into the river.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Yumi(f): 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2009
Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's - the bible smiley wink smiley
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Positivity(m): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2009
DISTINCT89:

But if the guy threaten you about the ring won't you give it to him.

Dude, I'm a guy. Just asking my fellow guys why they'd want to hold on to such unpleasant memories is all. wink
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by MissyB1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
DISTINCT89:

As for me, if I am a lady I think I will throw it into the river.
Wait till You become a Lady then You'D come up wiff sum'N' berra to do with the Ring.

Throw it into the river . . . .For Y? For whales to swallow?
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by chibaby5(f): 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
@topic

wud pass da ring bk 2 him cool
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Anabel(f): 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
I no go sell am at alll, i go throw am for him face right there, if i keep am, e go dey give me nightmare. Aboki sef go reject that type of thing.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by ceasyc(f): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2009
@topic
according 2 Judge Judy (u.s.a) d lady has 2 return d ring 2 d guy
dat is if he paid for it. if he takes u 2 court re d ring, u will have 2return it or pay him bk 4 it
that's d law over there n i think it applies everywhere
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Sprumbaba: 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2009
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by lexibaba(m): 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2009
Sprumbaba:

Being there, done that. The engagement ring was $1,800. I demanded for it, got it, sold it and used the money to register for a nice course to improve my career. I will never be happy with myself if i did not get it back(She does not need it anymore).I wont form big boy at all.

gbabe!
big boy ke loju thousands of £$
if its possible sef i'll collect it b4 breaking up if i kno she might destroy or throw it away.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by kellorah: 12:23am On Sep 16, 2009
The decent thing to do is to return it, unless he asks u to keep it.

But if u feel like punishing him, u can throw it in the ocean lol. . . .or carry on rocking it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: That Lil' Break-up She Initiated For No Reason / Hilarious Picture Of Man Who Suffered Erection In Wedding Photo / She Blocked Me From Viewing Her Whatsapp Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.