Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. (34202 Views)

12 Ways To Make Up With Your Girlfriend And Show Her You Truly Care / 10 Commandments Every Girlfriend And Wife Need To Follow During The World Cup / When You Are Having Nigerian Jollof And The Aroma Of Ghanian Jolof Hits U Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by alfredbisong: 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
my gf tried to stop me frm watchng futbal n i ask her to choose btween watchng futbal n chassng girls/women since then she allow me to b enjoyng my game,since den she has bn encouragng me to watch d game,giu ur gf an option to choose betwn watchng futbal n chassing woman let her choose
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by 247notire(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
mizlovette:
I think am too broke to read this shit
Hey, are you currently serving?
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
That ur cross heavy meanwhile i can't date any lady that wont allow me to watch match
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Odunharry(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

Woooo... this is lovely. Only fit she can understand. I ve tried taking her to viewing centres so we watch together but it all ended up with quarrels and complains so I stopped .

The moment I get someone I admire like her and that can flow with me in football or even encourage me never to miss a particular match. I will start losing interest in her from that day.

She told me guyz that are too crazy about football are gamblers. Imagine that
Omo that ur babe na enemy of football....
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by 4stylz: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
ogorwyne:
Why will she want to stop you from what you love when it is not stealing or crime? Try and apologize sha. I just think she is over reacting and its annoying. I love dancing, is it rght for my boyfriend to ask me not to dance again simply because dancing is not his thing? When its not dirty dancing? Please talk to her o. She is being possessive. Am in a relationship with a man that loves soccer. He can never miss a chelsea game except its something that has to do with life. I had to start watching soccer with him. I love seeing him in those crazy moments, till I started going crazy myself.

Eactly , its always good to balance eachother likes , that's the idea of relationship "if my girlfriend loves dancing and I don't ... I will learn to dance and she will even get tired when I start
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by khadupsie(f): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
Dab2mydick:
anyway sha... Pple differ, but me a kannot never fitting to donded it... Never!

Lool.. Pls come and go with this your English #Cantdeal smiley grin
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by butanep(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
MrImole:

Mine didn't let me watch it too, she pretended to be sick, she slept on my chest till they finished the match.

Ladies are evils!

That your babe get your medicine I swear...
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by halfricanadian(f): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
searchng4love:

Hi seems you and shyling are getting somewhere..

Getting whr? I am nt a lesb
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Odunharry(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
titsqueez:
For those saying he should have watched the game with her, never ever watch football with your other half unless she is well versed in the game. The constant bombardment of questions will make u lose interest in both her and the game.
Lmao.. partially true... Some will just remain mute.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by decub: 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:
Good morning Nairalanders.

I know this forum has been providing vital solutions to problems from time immemorial hence the need to pour-out my worries on this forum to get solutions become inevitable.

I was preparing for the final between Portugal and France yesterday when my girlfriend called me she will be coming, that I should be at home by 5pm. I was like why today of all day now! I told her I won't be around that I will be going to my parents place that evening. She began to act cold via the phone and later told me she will come let's go together. I haven't even seen your parents one on one she said... I was like which kind stubborn babe is this... I replied let's see about it but it will be better we make it another day. Don't worry today is the perfect day she said and cut the calls.

I tried calling no answer. This babe has come again because she don't like hearing football. We have had issues on this football matter severally but I told her she can't dictate what I will do or not, that I started watching football before I meet her. She first stop me from playing my soccer game when she is around. my friend have to call me when coming during the weekend to play games if she is around or not. I had to stop doing it when she is around to avoid problems.

Fast-forward... She came few minutes to 5pm. She was looking superb, probably to impress my parents. The desire for romance and sex came but I have to rebuked it because if it start, then my match is cancelled. How do I tell her I ve changed my mind from seeing my parents to watching football she never like or want to hear when she is around. We talk and talk till about few minutes to 8. She observed I wasn't coming closer to her as usual. She was like, a you expecting another woman. I smiled...

Then I busted it. Baby lets go and watch match. This one is very interesting. It's a final match. Ohhh match again. Aren't you going to your parents place again? I said my mum called to tell me she won't be around. She became relaxed. Please cancel the match... I want to cook something, you need to assist me. I was like baby am not hungry. I ve eaten. I am watching my food intake this period. She said that's my own, she wants to cook and I should be with her. The hatred against her started again. I said if you don't want to follow me to watch the match, eat your food alone. You can't stop me this time. Even my mother can't stop me from watching this final.

I left the kitchen. I called a friend to reserve a seat for me. She was frowning bitterly . I have made up my mind already. Few minutes after Ronaldo was brough -down, I received a text from her. " Dear so your match is more important than me" you can forgo me just because of match you can still watch later...it's a pity you don't love me. All I was thinking is how Ronaldo will come back again. I didn't give the message a second thought.

After the match. I was so happy Portugal won after the heat from France. That is when I read her message again. I quickly ran home. It was almost 11:30pm. She has slept. I send her a romantic message and told her am sorry about it but she should try to let me enjoy my football.

She woke up this morning. She was still frowning that I abandoned her for common football. I try to make her understand how important and interesting the match is to me. She left in anger and said I should either choose my football or her. That when I have made up my mind, I should let her know.

Though decision for me to make. I am not scared of loosing her anyway but I don't want us to break-up just like that... I'm not ready to drop sports again because of her. I told myself the sacrifices is too much, maybe I have to let her go... I have made up my mind not to call her.

Nairalanders what do you think on this issue? Matured advised only...

Bruh, they can't stop you from watching football, NEVER!

B2TM, you owe her a call, remember, she is a woman afterall and if you don't call and apologize, you wouldn't have been fair enough as a man.
However, you need to discuss with her the more about your hobbies and the way you like them. I can't imagine missing that yesterday's match for anything, happy it ended well, and to my #CR7's favour-against all odds.

Take out time in one of her best moods and discuss this with her and if she is liberal enough, she will give in to it.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by IamLEGEND1: 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bros,just dump the bítch.ASAP!

with the kyn heartbreaks and panic attacks Wenger don give homeboyz since dem dey young no be here.when our parents dey lock gate by 8pm,we go jump femce komot just to go and watch ArsenalvsBlackburn on Monday nights.....then one useless ho' go just come begin dey dictate how my life go be now. my brother it can't fit happen. The minute u show signs,even remotely of being a control freak,I'll boot ur ass out the door faster than I would an Ebola patient.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by ogorwyne(f): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
4stylz:

Eactly , its always good to balance eachother likes , that's the idea of relationship "if my girlfriend loves dancing and I don't ... I will learn to dance and she will even get tired when I start
Yeah. That gal has a vague approach to things.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by searchng4love: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
halfricanadian:

Getting whr? I am nt a lesb
Adonbilivit
A Lotta people in here don't
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by butanep(m): 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
alfredbisong:
my gf tried to stop me frm watchng futbal n i ask her to choose btween watchng futbal n chassng girls/women since then she allow me to b enjoyng my game,since den she has bn encouragng me to watch d game,giu ur gf an option to choose betwn watchng futbal n chassing woman let her choose

This is a nice tips ooooo.

I will try it
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Iseoluwani: 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
conpromise is a word we guys see as been weak
But I tell according to GARY chapman titled in this book, THINGS I WISH I KNEW BEFORE MARRIAGE, one of you will have to compromise that is u will have to drop one to make the other party happy so in other words u are addicted to soccer n she z not ready to love u watching. I advise you sir her down talk to her over it, reasons why you love. The joy u derive from it. But if she z adamant n you love her. There z another way out. With your explanation of her I perceive she z the overly possessive type and choleric I.e the commando partner , she wants your presence everytime so this is what I think you got to do. Help her in her house routine always even before the match, u are not stupid, pamper her make her a god, when it's time for the match just tell with all honesty she will let you go. N don't stay late outside.

Most importantly ARE YOU CONVINCED SHE Z YOUR REAL BONE OR YOU STILL DOUBTING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Crixina(f): 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
i didn't read the whole epistle,

but from the topic... i'm a girl, and i hate that clingy attitude, your guy being absent for 90 minutes or so won't kill you, better still go with him or occupy yourself for a while,
i don't dare try to come in between my man and a football match, as long as i'm sure it's match he is watching at that time cos i wouldn't want nobody coming in between me and my favourite whatever.

somebody will not have a life again because he has girlfriend or boyfriend?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by T3Amo(f): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
I have dated a football fanatic. He breathed, eat, sleeped football

His bed posters and bedsheets and room was filled with Manchester united stuff.

He would browse online on those soccer sites for scores and updates till he gets home and can watch the live match

When he is busy watching soccer or anything that has to do with soccer he is utterly unreachable. I once had an accident and called him numerous times but he didn't answer my calls or messages because he was too engrossed with his soccer games.

Honestly it was a terrible experience. Eventually I got preoccupied with my own stuff which he didn't like cos when I wanted to watch my series or do something on his non soccer days then it was a problem as he kept complaining but when he wants to watch soccer on his days it was never a problem. I guess he finally felt what I was feeling.

Sometimes you partner wants to spend time with you on days that you would rather prefer to watch soccer, series etc and comprises are key to a relationship as long as its not an every day thing.

Some guys take it to the extreme with soccer and I would rather date someone who does not watch soccer or watches it occasionally then a die hard fan who can't see reason when soccer is involved.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by epistleNow(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

The fact am not scared to loss a woman doesn't mean I don't love her. If a woman want to exercise control over me, l shouldn't correct it because of love abi... love can't make me eat Shit.

I don't think marriage is all about love. Love is overrated that's the reason couples can say I love you today and divorce tomorrow.

Relationship should be based on compatibility and understanding. If we aren't compactible and can't understand our needs and desire, then we should go separate ways.

halfricanadian:

Eaxctly aint scared of loosing any guy too

As truthful as these statements above may be, opinion will differ if one remain single till 40 year old and beyond.

Then the thought of "maybe I should have acted differently in my relationships" will haunt.

To me though, if one add Compromise into the mix, there's a more likelihood of a successful relationship ** all other things being equal.

And note that this compromise isn't about core values but about acquired taste.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by halfricanadian(f): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
searchng4love:

Adonbilivit
A Lotta people in here don't

Im not a lesb

I thought u do foreign ladies im nt foreign
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Tobium1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

Gotv didn't air the match. My neighbours cable too didn't. The fact is that I just want to watch the match with my friends. Do you think guyz going out to watch football don't ve DSTV in their houses. It's boring watching football alone. It's like you celebrating your birthday alone. How does it look like... you should know.

I told her let's go together but she refused because she don't like football. Don't you think ladies need to respect guyz decision sometimes.

Bros!! U lied, GoTv is what I have and I've been watching de tournament since day 1 till finals. U don't even know how to lie

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

I know this forum has been providing vital solutions to problems from time immemorial hence the need to pour-out my worries on this forum to get solutions become inevitable.

I was preparing for the final between Portugal and France yesterday when my girlfriend called me she will be coming, that I should be at home by 5pm. I was like why today of all day now! I told her I won't be around that I will be going to my parents place that evening. She began to act cold via the phone and later told me she will come let's go together. I haven't even seen your parents one on one she said... I was like which kind stubborn babe is this... I replied let's see about it but it will be better we make it another day. Don't worry today is the perfect day she said and cut the calls.

I tried calling no answer. This babe has come again because she don't like hearing football. We have had issues on this football matter severally but I told her she can't dictate what I will do or not, that I started watching football before I meet her. She first stop me from playing my soccer game when she is around. my friend have to call me when coming during the weekend to play games if she is around or not. I had to stop doing it when she is around to avoid problems.

Fast-forward... She came few minutes to 5pm. She was looking superb, probably to impress my parents. The desire for romance and sex came but I have to rebuked it because if it start, then my match is cancelled. How do I tell her I ve changed my mind from seeing my parents to watching football she never like or want to hear when she is around. We talk and talk till about few minutes to 8. She observed I wasn't coming closer to her as usual. She was like, a you expecting another woman. I smiled...

Then I busted it. Baby lets go and watch match. This one is very interesting. It's a final match. Ohhh match again. Aren't you going to your parents place again? I said my mum called to tell me she won't be around. She became relaxed. Please cancel the match... I want to cook something, you need to assist me. I was like baby am not hungry. I ve eaten. I am watching my food intake this period. She said that's my own, she wants to cook and I should be with her. The hatred against her started again. I said if you don't want to follow me to watch the match, eat your food alone. You can't stop me this time. Even my mother can't stop me from watching this final.

I left the kitchen. I called a friend to reserve a seat for me. She was frowning bitterly . I have made up my mind already. Few minutes after Ronaldo was brough -down, I received a text from her. " Dear so your match is more important than me" you can forgo me just because of match you can still watch later...it's a pity you don't love me. All I was thinking is how Ronaldo will come back again. I didn't give the message a second thought.

After the match. I was so happy Portugal won after the heat from France. That is when I read her message again. I quickly ran home. It was almost 11:30pm. She has slept. I send her a romantic message and told her am sorry about it but she should try to let me enjoy my football.

She woke up this morning. She was still frowning that I abandoned her for common football. I try to make her understand how important and interesting the match is to me. She left in anger and said I should either choose my football or her. That when I have made up my mind, I should let her know.

Though decision for me to make. I am not scared of loosing her anyway but I don't want us to break-up just like that... I'm not ready to drop sports again because of her. I told myself the sacrifices is too much, maybe I have to let her go... I have made up my mind not to call her.

@bold

Repeat it again and again and while you are at it tell her to find a hobby too or better yet 2 or 3.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by searchng4love: 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
halfricanadian:

Im not a lesb

I thought u do foreign ladies im nt foreign
I kinda liked the passion with which shyling came at you y not give it a try
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Emmatdayo(m): 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

Boss I don't understand oooo. Women are taking it too far nowadays. When I was growing up, my mum didn't tell me to stop watching football, a girl am dating now is telling to stop or I forget about it.

See threat... she wants to turn me to mumu before my friends. so when they are discussing football, I go mute.

Is there still need to apologise on this?
I TIRE OO, grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by maxwell767(m): 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

undecided from ur moniker I Can see that ur addiction to soccer has no cure but let me tell u the truth...

Soccer game happens in a season
But that girls love has no season she comes to ur house u s3x her, she cooks for u, wash ur dirty cloths and undies, let me ask u can ur soccer game do all that for

If u like seat at home watch ur match but by the time another sharp guy notice her loneliness and decide to give the that attention she needed, don't come her or go about telling people that girls are bad..

cry
I wish I can see that good girl and shower her with love and much attention than she ever needed....

Anyway like they say; u don't value what u have until u loose it..

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
khadupsie:

Lool.. Pls come and go with this your English #Cantdeal smiley grin
ok nah my sister... sad

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by halfricanadian(f): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
epistleNow:

As truthful as these statements above may be, opinion will differ if one remain single till 40 year old and beyond.

Then the thought of "maybe I should have acted differently in my relationships" will haunt.

To me though, if one add Compromise into the mix, there's a more likelihood of a successful relationship ** all other things being equal.

And note that this compromise isn't about core values but about acquired taste.

cry cry u making me cry
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by MrImole: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

That your babe get your medicine I swear...

Yes, you are right, she looks at me in a certain way anytime she wants something, the looks always make me feel weak and I seriously need the antidote.

I repeat, females are evils.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by epistleNow(m): 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
Tobium1:

Bros!! U lied, GoTv is what I have and I've been watching de tournament since day 1 till finals. U don't even know how to lie

There was network issue with lots of Gotv Subscribers yesterday, many weren't about to view the match.
Am sure he wasn't lying about this.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Kaycee7(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Bros,just dump the bítch.ASAP!

with the kyn heartbreaks and panic attacks Wenger don give homeboyz since dem dey young no be here.when our parents dey lock gate by 8pm,we go jump femce komot just to go and watch ArsenalvsBlackburn on Monday nights.....then one useless ho' go just come begin dey dictate how my life go be now. my brother it can't fit happen. The minute u show signs,even remotely of being a control freak,I'll boot ur ass out the door faster than I would an Ebola patient.
So you still dey alive. I see you've changed the name of your pen1s again.
Anyway, still on the matter, free the guy. He is probably too afraid to do the needful. Wetin d girl dey form sef? Op should dump her ass if he wants to enjoy EPL this season. It is easier for a girl to find a virgin guy than a guy who does not enjoy the beautiful game.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by fairygeh(f): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

I swear you are very funny... I just like your kind of person and the way you reason. A guy can hardly get tired of your type jare...

I told myself never to call or apologise that I won't happen again when I know it will definitely going to happen.

A woman can't cage my life because of what they called "Love".

Lol,thanks,abi,one shouldn't take life too seriously jare,you guys should work things out.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Checked86: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
Not to watch Final can reduce somebody's lifespan. Every final is worth watching.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by musaajebor(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
these babes are infested with probs wallahi

imagine 1 babe telling me i was never serious back then in skool but surprised to find me seriously watching yesterdays final.

i jusst laffd it off to avoid argument but that yarn pain me in reality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) / Kano Hisbah Declares ‘facebook Couple’ Wanted / She Started Laying Curses On Me Because I Broke Up With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.