Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. (34186 Views)

12 Ways To Make Up With Your Girlfriend And Show Her You Truly Care / 10 Commandments Every Girlfriend And Wife Need To Follow During The World Cup / When You Are Having Nigerian Jollof And The Aroma Of Ghanian Jolof Hits U Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Valprof: 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
MrKings1:
My guy, if u truly love her, u shouldn't allow common football to bring issue btw u and ur bae.

just tell her what she needs to understand.
using my self as example..........most times i miss some important match cos of same issue. i just hv to be checking highlights and score update. just to pleas her.
living in bondage
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Valprof: 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Dab2mydick:
that girl is an angel... I hate football like kilode, I rather have the whole time in the world for the one I love, than watch the most important match in the world...

Them go pay me? I fit even use fuel power up my generator (wasting of money) but what do I get at the end

Nothing!

And my bank account remains as I left it, while each players gets the dough (win or no win)

No! I cannot fit never to doning it lol.... Mba!
i hate guys dat dnt love ftball......most of them dy burst nyash
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
Valprof:
i hate guys dat dnt love ftball......most of them dy burst nyash
lol.. grin grin

As in? undecided explain abeg
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by TheSociopath(m): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Actually she can't change you from being who you are, she will endure if she loves you there are somethings one do for love but let her know its not that you are choosing the game over her that its just one of the things that makes you happy

You are wise. VickyRotex, coman see wife material o. What's your 2kobo in this issue?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by martinz23(m): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
sit her down and make her see reasons with you but once in a while do let football go. I don't think you love her because if you do you will be afraid of loosing her..
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by bloodkiIler: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin

i love my baby she saw my weakness (football fanatic) yet she loves me like mad she even started loving football because of me and she understands me.

each time she calls around 9-11pm and i didn't pick the next thing is for her to check if there's any match going on currently if there is she'll just chill when i come back and call her back she'll be like baby shhhhhhh don't explain i know where you are the next thing I'll hear from her is what's the scoreline sweetie.
Amarachi i love you scatter kiss
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by okangisaiah(f): 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:
Good morning Nairalanders.

I know this forum has been providing vital solutions to problems from time immemorial hence the need to pour-out my worries on this forum to get solutions become inevitable.

I was preparing for the final between Portugal and France yesterday when my girlfriend called me she will be coming, that I should be at home by 5pm. I was like why today of all day now! I told her I won't be around that I will be going to my parents place that evening. She began to act cold via the phone and later told me she will come let's go together. I haven't even seen your parents one on one she said... I was like which kind stubborn babe is this... I replied let's see about it but it will be better we make it another day. Don't worry today is the perfect day she said and cut the calls.

I tried calling no answer. This babe has come again because she don't like hearing football. We have had issues on this football matter severally but I told her she can't dictate what I will do or not, that I started watching football before I meet her. She first stop me from playing my soccer game when she is around. my friend have to call me when coming during the weekend to play games if she is around or not. I had to stop doing it when she is around to avoid problems.

Fast-forward... She came few minutes to 5pm. She was looking superb, probably to impress my parents. The desire for romance and sex came but I have to rebuked it because if it start, then my match is cancelled. How do I tell her I ve changed my mind from seeing my parents to watching football she never like or want to hear when she is around. We talk and talk till about few minutes to 8. She observed I wasn't coming closer to her as usual. She was like, a you expecting another woman. I smiled...

Then I busted it. Baby lets go and watch match. This one is very interesting. It's a final match. Ohhh match again. Aren't you going to your parents place again? I said my mum called to tell me she won't be around. She became relaxed. Please cancel the match... I want to cook something, you need to assist me. I was like baby am not hungry. I ve eaten. I am watching my food intake this period. She said that's my own, she wants to cook and I should be with her. The hatred against her started again. I said if you don't want to follow me to watch the match, eat your food alone. You can't stop me this time. Even my mother can't stop me from watching this final.

I left the kitchen. I called a friend to reserve a seat for me. She was frowning bitterly . I have made up my mind already. Few minutes after Ronaldo was brough -down, I received a text from her. " Dear so your match is more important than me" you can forgo me just because of match you can still watch later...it's a pity you don't love me. All I was thinking is how Ronaldo will come back again. I didn't give the message a second thought.

After the match. I was so happy Portugal won after the heat from France. That is when I read her message again. I quickly ran home. It was almost 11:30pm. She has slept. I send her a romantic message and told her am sorry about it but she should try to let me enjoy my football.

She woke up this morning. She was still frowning that I abandoned her for common football. I try to make her understand how important and interesting the match is to me. She left in anger and said I should either choose my football or her. That when I have made up my mind, I should let her know.

Though decision for me to make. I am not scared of loosing her anyway but I don't want us to break-up just like that... I'm not ready to drop sports again because of her. I told myself the sacrifices is too much, maybe I have to let her go... I have made up my mind not to call her.

Nairalanders what do you think on this issue? Matured advised only...

When in relationship, we need to respect each others hobby. And never try to control your partner. When I new got married, I did realised how my husband loves football and sometimes even tries to discuss it with me even with my lack of interest. To avoid problems I had to force myself to be interested in it because I can't stop him. I so much love reading and listening to news, for my husband to try stopping me is a waste of time because it won't be possible. Tell her that's your hobby and let her make the choice. If you pretend now just to please her, how long do you think you will keep pretending, problems will certainly come later. Just like you can't stop her from doing what she really likes.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by just2okworld(f): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:

The match wasn't aired on our local TV stations. I don't ve DSTV. My cable wasn't showing the match.

Even if I ve DSTV, I find it boring watching match alone hence I go to viewing centres where I will meet my friends and we watch and discuss together. It fun that way. I am not sure you know more about watching football. What has mobile internet banking get to do with watching football with my friends.

I are one sided in your judgement.

One thing I know is this

Watching football amidst your friends is always more interesting, just make her understand her

BTW why is she so clingy na?
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by swaggerdgrt(m): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
My guy abeg no snd her jare. no gf of mine or evn my wife can stp me frm watchin football let alne my beloveth manchester united.after all football match is jst for 90mins at mst 120mins wile I cud spnd countless hours wit my gf.no way,I cnt evn watc matches at hme alne wit my woman cos it wil b absolutrly boring insted I wil go to viewin centre.I got hme frm wrk arund 7pm nd I dint waste tme at all I jst went to get a cmfotable seat so I can get a proper nd clear view of d match cos I dnt wnt to hear story abt d match.it was raining heavily durin d xtra tme,my guy I no send d rain,I focus on my match after d trophy presentatn I went bak hme hapi cos portugal did d job,I hav always wanted dem to beat france

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by just2okworld(f): 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
Come n help them settle this case my dear rship expert grin samhay
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by PasNina(m): 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
[quote author=debonairprinx post=47425531]You don't conform someone to become what you want, you accept and tolerate him for who he his. Then probably influence. The approach is wrong, forcing you to just drop something you like. Talk to her to strike a balance, and if she still acts sturborn, drop her so fast and hard she breaks the floor.
She's not respecting your views and desires in this case.

Overly spot-on. Very concise.
Thumbs up.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by kpolli(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
butanep:
Good morning Nairalanders.

I know this forum has been providing vital solutions to problems from time immemorial hence the need to pour-out my worries on this forum to get solutions become inevitable.

I was preparing for the final between Portugal and France yesterday when my girlfriend called me she will be coming, that I should be at home by 5pm. I was like why today of all day now! I told her I won't be around that I will be going to my parents place that evening. She began to act cold via the phone and later told me she will come let's go together. I haven't even seen your parents one on one she said... I was like which kind stubborn babe is this... I replied let's see about it but it will be better we make it another day. Don't worry today is the perfect day she said and cut the calls.

I tried calling no answer. This babe has come again because she don't like hearing football. We have had issues on this football matter severally but I told her she can't dictate what I will do or not, that I started watching football before I meet her. She first stop me from playing my soccer game when she is around. my friend have to call me when coming during the weekend to play games if she is around or not. I had to stop doing it when she is around to avoid problems.

Fast-forward... She came few minutes to 5pm. She was looking superb, probably to impress my parents. The desire for romance and sex came but I have to rebuked it because if it start, then my match is cancelled. How do I tell her I ve changed my mind from seeing my parents to watching football she never like or want to hear when she is around. We talk and talk till about few minutes to 8. She observed I wasn't coming closer to her as usual. She was like, a you expecting another woman. I smiled...

Then I busted it. Baby lets go and watch match. This one is very interesting. It's a final match. Ohhh match again. Aren't you going to your parents place again? I said my mum called to tell me she won't be around. She became relaxed. Please cancel the match... I want to cook something, you need to assist me. I was like baby am not hungry. I ve eaten. I am watching my food intake this period. She said that's my own, she wants to cook and I should be with her. The hatred against her started again. I said if you don't want to follow me to watch the match, eat your food alone. You can't stop me this time. Even my mother can't stop me from watching this final.

I left the kitchen. I called a friend to reserve a seat for me. She was frowning bitterly . I have made up my mind already. Few minutes after Ronaldo was brough -down, I received a text from her. " Dear so your match is more important than me" you can forgo me just because of match you can still watch later...it's a pity you don't love me. All I was thinking is how Ronaldo will come back again. I didn't give the message a second thought.

After the match. I was so happy Portugal won after the heat from France. That is when I read her message again. I quickly ran home. It was almost 11:30pm. She has slept. I send her a romantic message and told her am sorry about it but she should try to let me enjoy my football.

She woke up this morning. She was still frowning that I abandoned her for common football. I try to make her understand how important and interesting the match is to me. She left in anger and said I should either choose my football or her. That when I have made up my mind, I should let her know.

Though decision for me to make. I am not scared of loosing her anyway but I don't want us to break-up just like that... I'm not ready to drop sports again because of her. I told myself the sacrifices is too much, maybe I have to let her go... I have made up my mind not to call her.

Nairalanders what do you think on this issue? Matured advised only...

All I will say is be careful, your girl lacks understanding.... If she can't allow you enjoy the little things you love now, imagine a lifetime with her
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by PasNina(m): 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
joceey:

Guy I understand you am a guy too that loves football I am good in playing soccer but sometimes in life they re some things you have to ignore to let peace reign...you ain't looking at things from this angle she is scared of loosing your through that medium..let me tell you that and also don't you knw that in the gathering of some many young men and bachelor's stupid advices and motives is been given if you truly love soccer's so much then get the dstv in your house. I have a family friend that use to go to the beer parlor with his friend to watch match and drink, but the girlfriend was not happy about it did you knw what she did? Every weekend she get beers for the guy and his friend to always drink in the guy house and also the guy was forced to get a dstv in the house and they are happily married now.Except you don't have it in mind to marry her..They are lot of sacrifice you take and do for love,not a matter of control the rest in left to you to decide Adios

You are not a "complete guy" if at all you are one. What gives you the impression that she can't loose him via any other medium? This is bullcrap.
There are a thousand and one other ways she can loose him; "this" is the least of them if she's not egoistic. Excuse me!
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Kanyekels(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
I really don't understand some women's disdain for watching football. While we were growing up, my mum did all she could to stop me from watching football in the early 2000's but nothing stopped me... And now that I'm now a grown up, someone else will try to stop me from watching the beautiful game? God forbid.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
mizzbouqui:
Hmm but why are some guys so obsessed about football, aww how I love my boo #team no football# but they use video games to am, anyways my advice is that since you are so addicted to football and ur mama sef can't take it from you as you've said, I think the problem here is that you go out to watch your match, why don't you watch it with her in your room abi aw much is Gotv or Dstv, she is feeling neglected you can watch your match inside your house with her, she will adapt dont worry by her actions she cant afford to lose you
ehn I.was playing NBA 2k16 on my xbox360 o.. then I switched to FIFA 16, was so engrossed in it, then ex bae called that she was home alone , I was like .. cover yaself with blanket, I.said my ba3 is low sef. nd I switched off my phone .. don't joke with FIFA o .. its intoxicating.. hehe .. cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by mizzbouqui(f): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
armylord:
ehn I.was playing NBA 2k16 on my xbox360 o.. then I switched to FIFA 16, was so engrossed in it, then ex bae called that she was home alone , I was like .. cover yaself with blanket, I.said my ba3 is low sef. nd I switched off my phone .. don't joke with FIFA o .. its intoxicating.. hehe .. cheesy
Lolss, issokay
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by fuckpoverty(m): 8:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
aw wud a woman stop ur fantasis frm day 1, abeg which grown up man does dat.....dis ur mata no need nairalander, jst man up bro nd make decisison ur self
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by monsuratbalogun: 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
u guys should just settle it amicably
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by butanep(m): 8:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
freecocoa:
Lol, no mind me jare, I been just vex as I read the write up.

My love for footie can't be quantified and seriously your babe (just like a gazillion others) need to understand how important the sport is, it's really annoying that attitude of hers.

Plus, she's too needy, try and get her to work on it.

Chop Nuko...

Na correct babe you be... she is still angry till now. I will meet her tomorrow let's defined our stand to respect each other boundaries.

Thanks jare... Na man born you.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by samhay: 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
just2okworld:
Come n help them settle this case my dear rship expert grin samhay

Sit her down

U don't drink
U don't smoke
U don't womanize

You only watch football and she is complaining.

Let her tell u wat she want you to be doin.

Y is she acting up?

Bros abeg discuss d matter and close it 1s and for all now. If she wnt allow u live ur normal life,drop her like over riped pawpaw. You both deserve happiness,she cnt rub u of urs to gain hers

Or else afta marriage she go dey tie u for bed wen u r asleep o

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by misspicy(f): 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Odunharry:
I will not sacrifice football for 90min for any woman o.. Football time is football time, Time together is time together.

i don't pick calls when I'm walking a match.. a text msg is better
Going through this thread is an eye opener to me,I can't believe I hit a goldmine as a man,The kind of men roaming the streets this days is a cause for concern.

#Thankyoujesusforsendingmeamanthatmakesadifference smiley

Hi odun smiley
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by butanep(m): 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
Kanyekels:
I really don't understand some women's disdain for watching football. While we were growing up, my mum did all she could to stop me from watching football in the early 2000's but nothing stopped me... And now that I'm now a grown up, someone else will try to stop me from watching the beautiful game? God forbid.

Women enmity with football emmm... I don't really understand. it's Niga mentality shall because when I watch international football, you have more women as supporters.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by butanep(m): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
just2okworld:

One thing I know is this

Watching football amidst your friends is always more interesting, just make her understand her

BTW why is she so clingy na?

Babe I don't know ooo...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Xeinstra1(f): 8:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
Leave the chick, Humans who don't watch Football can't be trusted.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by okesgift: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bottom line is you are not worth it. Ur gf shod know by now cos u are being immature abt dis whole tin. Imagine breaking off a relationship ova football,tell her to go look for some1 with a mature mind cos its clear that u are not a husband material!!!
And u neva loved her from the very begining and with all the comments flying around it really confirms how shallow minded people are!!!
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Temitoppe(m): 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
op you just have to make a decision Das all.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by butanep(m): 9:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
Valprof:
living in bondage

That man is living in a cage in his own house.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by butanep(m): 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Xeinstra1:
Leave the chick, Humans who don't watch Football can't be trusted.

Ohhhh my God... so this is coming from a girl... Jeezz.

I love you... I like your kind.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by butanep(m): 9:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
okesgift:
Bottom line is you are not worth it. Ur gf shod know by now cos u are being immature abt dis whole tin. Imagine breaking off a relationship ova football,tell her to go look for some1 with a mature mind cos its clear that u are not a husband material!!!
And u neva loved her from the very begining and with all the comments flying around it really confirms how shallow minded people are!!!

What are you saying? Do you think am an ass licking guy like you that worship women and take their poo.

Women respect guyz with clear boundaries that don't tolerate rubbish.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by Odunharry(m): 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
misspicy:

Going through this thread is an eye opener to me,I can't believe I hit a goldmine as a man,The kind of men roaming the streets this days is a cause for concern.

#Thankyoujesusforsendingmeamanthatmakesadifference smiley

Hi odun smiley
Hi Switz... how you doing?? its been a while
U lucky to hit jackpot... Don't be too worried about guys that love football.. it's what we love..

Me personally love football, esp when it comes to European football(Man utd in particular)
Why is it that LAdies don't really like guys who love football?
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by misspicy(f): 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
Odunharry:

Hi Switz... how you doing?? its been a while
U lucky to hit jackpot... Don't be too worried about guys that love football.. it's what we love..

Me personally love football, esp when it comes to European football(Man utd in particular)
Why is it that LAdies don't really like guys who love football?
I am not worried about guys love for football,but I would be worried if my man refuse to compromise football or any other thing of interest when I ask for it. (cause I wouldn't think twice doing that for him)

I wouldn't like to go personal,but judging from comments on this thread,better men done finish for naija,thank God I got lucky before the all go extinct grin

some ladies do,it's about preference and compromise,but some ladies feel lesser than their partner,so they bow to his likes.

every mallam to his kettle,which is why,I haven't condemned the OP or his supporters,I heard addiction is destructive enough

am doing good smiley
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Having Misunderstanding Because Of Yesterday Match. by ColeworldMD(m): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
smilinseun:
Haha reminds me of the time when I went to a girl 's place on a Saturday... I mean a girl that I really liked but Chelsea was playing.
Omo I dropped my phone at her place and asked her if there was any viewing Centre around... Chelsea lost, I didn't get the girl but I would do that over again
bro no be lie. So I go this girl place wey I don dey crush on tey tey. I as come dey wait for her I say make I watch tv small, na so I put ss3. Lo & behold arsenal was playing. Na so I start dey watch match o. The babe come finally.. Come dey give me green light o, dey ask make I help her unzip her dress. She start dey try diff new clothes wey she buy for my front but me no send, my face jst glue to the tv. Na so I take miss dis girl dat day. I been mumu sha but no regrets. The match been sweet me die!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Things A Guy Must Learn Before Graduating From University / Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story / She Started Laying Curses On Me Because I Broke Up With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.