Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (193219 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
so sorry PamelB. accept our condolences. God knows best
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Winters22: 1:04am On Dec 19, 2016
Sorry dear. accept my condolences
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by oyindamolaasake(f): 7:43am On Dec 19, 2016
PamelB,so sowie 4 ur loss.May God comfort u and ur family.Accept my condolences
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 7:53am On Dec 19, 2016
Thanks guys. You all have been supportive. I really needed that.

I ordered for my semolina and egusi soup which will go down well with an exotic drink. I found a table and sat down as I waited for my order to be brought to me.
If only I hadn't smashed my phone, I would have been busy with it now, either playing "choices" or reading purityval's story. I heaved a sigh and focused my attention on my nails, nothing much to look at, then I started looking around, admiring a couple who I would have advised to get a room immediately since they were all over themselves.
I felt someone touch my shoulders and I looked up to see that guy I had met in the cab.
He pulled a seat beside me and sat down before dropping his phones on the table.

"Hi"
He said, it was a weak one, like he wasn't sure if he said the right thing or if I would reply him.

Me: Hi.

"Sorry if I'm intruding or disturbing your peace. can I share your table?"

Me: Why not? Feel free please.

His voice was calm and I could still detect little sobs from him. I took that time to run my eyes all over him, not missing any hint and finding out he could be well to do.
My order came in that moment and he used that opportunity to give the waitress his order. Simple jollof rice and coke.
I envied that combination. I loved my rice with coke. What beats that feeling of having coca cola in your mouth?

I started eating and he got back to his phone. I didn't know what conversation to bring up so I just let him be. If he wants to talk, I'll be all ears.
His own meal came and he started eating distractedly. Something my brother calls a spoon a minute.
I watched him with interest. The way he held his fork, the way he sipped his coke, he really wasn't just an ordinary personality.
I took the last chunk of meat in my soup plate and relaxed on my chair, ready to go home any moment since Mr stranger doesn't want a conversation.

Me: I'll be leaving now. See you when I see you.

He nodded and I stood up, disappointment forming a knot in my throat. As I walked out of the eatery, I began to wonder, even if he had lost his mother, at least, it's not the end of the world. A simple conversation would have being nice. I don't know why I felt like that, wanting to talk to him but one thing, thank God I was leaving already, at least I won't get to see him again.

It was already evening and as I stood, waiting for a cab to drive me back to the car wash, I prayed to get home to meet lesser drama. I was in this thought when a huge guy bumped into me. I looked at him, an ugly version of the homo sapiens. He was showing off his yellow set of disarranged teeth.

Me: Are you blind or something? You bumped into me and instead of apologising, you're standing there, staring at me like a slowpoke.

His smile grew wider and I was tempted to punch his face.
A cab stopped in front of me and I made to get in but these ugly hulk stopped me, holding the sleeve of my gown and tearing it in the process.
I slapped him and he smiled even more.

Hulk; I just like you. come make we reason something.

My anger grew top notch. What was this? Today has scored to be the worst day of this my life, a day filled with drama.
The cab man drove off and I cursed in my breadth.

Me: You're a bastard. If you like someone, do you embarrass the person to the point of getting her half naked? Don't touch me again before I descend on you.

Hulk: you no know me for here? you wan speak grammar, no be for here o. Ask all these people wey dey here, I get anything wey I want.

Me: You? Do you look yourself in the mirror at all? You get anything you want then go to people who are the same specie as you. Get out.

But he held my hand. People were beginning to stare from a distance and I began to regret coming here to eat at all. This would be my last day in this area.

"let the woman go."
That voice, I turned around and it was him. His eyes were still that same way but his look entirely spelt anger.

Hulk: Bros, na your woman be these? Sorry o.

He left me and began to walk away. Some guys joined him up from the crowd and I realised he wasn't alone.
My cute stranger walked up to me and the questions fell out.

Me: Who are you?

He smiled, revealing two beautiful dimples on his cheeks. My heart melted for him immediately.

"let's get you home. This agbero boys have left upper iweka and started coming into town"

That was the much explanation he gave. He called someone on the phone, saying he was outside. A black car with a heavy behind rode up to us a while later and he asked me to get in.

Me: My car is in the car wash, thank you. I'll just pick a cab.

"please, let's just drop you there."

Me: No thanks.

I readjusted my torn sleeve and began to walk away. A cab raced passed me and I cursed. I looked at my wrist watch and it was past eight. Oh! My phone.
I stood at a bus stop and started flagging down cabs and one stopped eventually.

Me: Mama's car wash.

He nodded and I got in. The drive was slow but that was what I needed to clear my head especially now that I had someone new to worry about, a cute stranger who would be depriving me of sleep soon.
We got to the car wash and I paid the cab man and got down. My car was ready. I gave the boy twice his amount and he hugged me out of excitement. I knew the boy, I knew his story, that's why I always wanted him to take care of my car in order to give him tips.
I drove out, heading to my precious home where I was sure I wouldn't get a sleep. His face kept coming to my head and I prayed I will be able to get him out of my system very soon.

7 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by chiilily(f): 9:21am On Dec 19, 2016
sorry for your lost PamelB, take heart
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Zulliheart: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2016
Take heart pamelB may her soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by bim2: 11:22am On Dec 19, 2016
Pamelb,so sorry to hear about your loss.
God bless,guide and protect every other people in your extended and nuclear.
Death shall not arise anymore within your household.
You're all covered with the precious blood of Jesus.Amen

N.B
Thanks a lot dear for the update.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
sorry for the loss,may her soul rest in perfect peace,tankx for the update dear
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
i haven't killed the engine when Amber came running outside.

Amber: Babe, we were so worried. The others went to file a report and look around town for you.

Me: As what nau? I'm not a child. I can take care of myself.

I shut down my car and entered my house. I went upstairs to my room and locked the door. Thank God it was just Amber that I met cause I won't be able to face the rest. I stripped to my birthday suit and hit the shower, spending like eternity there, thinking about my cute stranger, though mourning, but looked like a charming prince.
I was interrupted with the heavy banging on my door. I rinsed off, tied a towel and went to the door, with no intention of opening it.

Lois: Pamela open up now or we're breaking in.

I got vexed. Do this people think I can't take care of myself or make my own decisions?

Lois: Pamela this is no longer funny, open up now or I'll leave this house this minute.

Amber: Calm down Lois. Let's take it easy on her. I feel she's disturbed over something and she'll come around.

Lois: What are you saying? So Claire called her and she ran away like that only to show up at 10pm and lock herself inside.

Amber: But we don't have to force her to open up. Maybe we should wait, tomorrow morning, she might talk to us.

Lois: Gosh!

I heard footsteps retreating and I knew they were gone. I went to my bed and laid down, closing my eyes and reminiscing over the events of the day. Tomorrow will be a better day, I said to myself as I closed my eyes to sleep.

I got up the next morning and called my PA using my home line, asking her to get me ready for the day. I had decided to terminate my leave and focus on work now. I don't care what plans daddy has but I won't lazy around anymore.
I went downstairs to brew coffee, praying I don't see any of the girls. I got into the kitchen and started my business which I did in a hurry and went upstairs to take my bath.
I wiped out a black high waist skirt and a sky blue chiffon top that has a cut at the back. I've never worn anything sleeveless or shape revealing to work before but I was trying out something new right? I got out a black wedge and a channel handbag
"this would do" I said to myself before going into the bathroom.
I was done in a few minutes. I did all the necessaries and concentrated more on my make up.
By the time I was done, it was already 8;30am.
I picked my handbag and checked everything that was supposed to be inside.
I'll drop at a phone mall before going to the office. I went downstairs, picked my key and left the house.
Outside, I muttered a silent prayer, something I do before going out everyday. I said Amen and raised my head to meet Harry.

Harry: Good morning Pamela.

Me: Morning Harry.

Harry: So I thought you were on leave?

Me: I was. It's over now. I'm tired of staying at home

Harry: Cool. I brought your sim card. Picked it up from the ruins you made of your phone at the hospital yesterday.

I took it from him and put it into my handbag

Me: Thanks Harry.

Harry: You're welcome. I believe you know what you're doing right.?

I nodded with a smile and he gave me a hug.

Harry: I'll be going to the other side of time. A friend of mine needs my help. I'll see you in a day or two.

Me: Hope its no biggie?

Harry: Uhm...... Just something we see everyday. Amber is in right?

Me: Yup.

Harry: See you then.

Me: Bye.

He went into my house and I drove off, praying for a better day ahead.

11 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by imAlive(m): 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
Iv been busy reading ALONE. It's so sad hearing bout Ur loss too. As you have made me glued to my phone during Dis leave time, may all blessings continue to run after you Dis year and forever. I really do Love U
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
I followed that routine for four days. I'll wake up, dress up and leave, making me have my meals outside, sometimes, I'll bring dinner home and eat in my room.
Amber left my house but she kept on calling and chatting me up.
On the third day, I was stepping into the house when I saw Lois with a big handbag leaving.

Lois: I'll be at Leonard's place. Don't bother about me cause I'll be fine there.

Me: Why Leonard's place? And why are you leaving?

Lois: News flash, Leonard and I are dating now and secondly, I'm no longer comfortable here.

She breezed past me and I shrugged my shoulders. She's dating Leonard? She couldn't even tell me?
I locked up and went inside, cursing Leonard and feeling disappointed.
That night, I called Franca and she told me that Anna had come out of coma. She also said that I shouldn't tell anyone else because she plans on sending Anna to Abuja as soon as she recovers, away from the life she had here. I was happy but then, what's taking Tobe too long to wake up?
The next morning, I locked my house and stepped out for the gym. I left my car behind since the gym isn't far from the estate. With my earpiece carefully giving me jams, I started my jogging.
Its been long since u hit the gym? When was that again? The day the estate had the barbeque.
My life had been filled with drama since then and I'm willing to do anything to have back my quiet life.
At the gym, I put in my heart to it like it was going to be my last, venting my frustrations on the machines not minding what the others thought.
My best friend got into a relationship and didn't deem it fit to tell me, at least, I would have discouraged her, having found out the kind of human being Leonard was.
This same best friend of mine has refused to check up on me whereas Amber, someone who isn't even close to me calls me everyday to see how I'm doing.
I snapped out of my thought since it was bringing me to compare and contrast between two people I love.
But one thing, I'll have to expose Leonard for who he is.

My phone rang, pausing my music. I couldn't check the called ID so I picked it using the earpiece button and waited for the caller to speak first.

PM: Good morning madam, this is inspector Bazim.

Me: Oh! Hi inspector.

PM: Thank you madam. I called to tell you our progress on the case so far.

I nodded in anticipation.

PM: The suspect you hit who is still in our custody has spoken up. He's called Mrs Claire Onuoha as his boss and accomplice. My men are hunting for her right now so I'll advice that you stay indoors for now till she's found. I've also positioned my men at the hospital where her husband has been admitted.

Me: But inspector, I can't stay indoors. I've got to go to work.

PM: Madam, we're doing this for your safety so you'll have to do as we say please. Have a nice day.

And he hung up. Goose bumps quickly appeared on my skin and I stood up. My head began to swell and I suddenly felt dizzy. No. This isn't a good sign at all.
I went out of the building in fast steps and began to run.
I still felt dizzy but I knew the feeling I was having was because I smell danger.
I ran into the estate and there was no security at the gate.
I cursed and pulled out my phone. I started calling Lois but she didn't pick. I tried all their numbers but nobody responded except Harry. I told him what's up and he advised that I get into my house and lock up first. I did that with immediate effect, making sure I locked the windows too. I went upstairs to my room, locked the door and started calling Lois again. This time, she picked.

Lois: Are you tired of the feud?

I breathed out.

Me: Babe where are you?

Lois: At home. This one you're sounding like this? Are you missing me? Do I come?

Me: No please. I want you to be where you are. Claire is on the loose

Lois: You're panicking babe. We know she's on the loose already.

Me: No Lois.

I explained to her what the inspector had said, trying hard not to spill that I'm angry she called Leonard's place her home.

Lois: God. I can't believe this

Me: We don't have a choice. I'll call Amber right now and tell her too.

Lois: What about William?

Me: Jesus! Why not call Amber let me call him. I think Harry must have told her but just call her okay?

Lois: Okay. Be safe baby

Me: You too dear.

By the time I was done talking to William and Franca, my heart had eased up. Thank God the police had called, who knows what would have happened?

Just then, I heard hangings on my door and a text quickly came into my phone, "open up bitch. you're time is up"

Not mine, I muttered.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Daisyben(f): 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nice one pamel...ur d bae,more updates
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
merry xmaz in adv,tankx for the update
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
I called the police inspector immediately and told him the message I had got and the constant banging on my door.
He promised to be there with his men soon.
I went downstairs and went to my door. I had to keep her there, I had to keep her busy so she won't leave.

Me: Claire what do you want from me?
I shouted at the top of my voice so she could hear me.

Claire: Oh! You decided to come. Open up before I blow this fucki'ng door open. You won't like it if I do.

Me: I know. I know. But tell me what do you want? You can't come here in broad day light knowing you're wanted by the police.

Claire: Screw the police. I want to end it all here. If I'm going down, you're coming with me.

Me: But I've done nothing. All I've ever given you was love Claire.

Claire: Fucki'ng open this door. What stupid love are you talking about?

Me: Claire let's talk this thing through. You can't act without thinking.

Claire: Says who? I should have killed you long ago but no, I thought Eddy was over you. But then, you showed your ugly face around and I lost my cool and accidentally shot my husband, my one true love.

Me: What are you saying? Did you ever love Tobe?

Claire: Yes. Till you came around.

Me: No Claire. If you loved him, you wouldn't have killed his dad or tampered with the burial. Love is not ruthless. It's ........

Claire: Don't school me on love bit'ch. All you've ever done is take people's happiness away. It's time to end it all now. I'm coming in.

I felt a kick on my door and my breath started coming very fast. What do I do if she kicks the door down?

Me: Claire wait. Let me call you let's talk better please.

She started laughing, laughing so hard I thought she'll ache her throat.

Claire: You're scared right? Don't worry, I'll make it quick for you.

Me: Claire!

I heard a gunshot and I froze. Who did she shoot? God! I hope it's not Lois.

Me: Claire don't shoot. I'm opening the door now.

But there was no response. That was when I heard the sirens and I breathed out.
I looked through the peephole and there they were.
I slowly opened the door and saw Claire lying in a pool of blood. She was clutching her tummy and her eyes turned to me with hatred and rage.
Blood trickled down from her mouth and she coughed weakly.
I squatted beside her and she spat on my face.

Claire: I ....... ha...... hate you.

I wiped her blood stained saliva off my cheeks and a tear ran down my face.

Me: You're dying Claire.

I looked at the policemen who were standing beside us, waiting to see if anything would happen. Claire's weapon had been picked up and bagged by the inspector.

Me: Can't we take her to the hospital?

Claire's cough brought my attention back to her, cutting off the policeman from giving me an answer.

Me: You'll be fine Claire.

Claire: Smoo..... smooth sai..... sailing aiyee o.

And she breathed her last.
I sat on the floor and kept on staring at her face. Her eyes were open and staring at me.

PM: You'll have to put yourself together madam. Thank you for ringing us as soon as she came to you. We'll have to take her body away now.

Me: No please. Not yet.

Why was I crying? Why do I feel pity for her?

PM: Why if I may ask?

Me: Let me call my friends please.

He nodded and I started dialling Lois' number.

Lois: Hey babe. What's with the commotion that side?

I had not noticed the crowd that had gathered and watching what was happening.

Me: They're about taking Claire's body away.

Lois: Has she been caught? Are you safe? That bit'ch. Wait! Did you say her body?

Fresh tears ran down my cheeks and I nodded.

Me: She's dead Lois.

Lois: Jesus! Wait. I'm coming.

I dropped my phone and continued looking at Claire. Finally, she died unrepentant. Even in the face of death, she still trusted in her cultism? What kind of bond was that? The policemen were stopping the crowd from getting closer. The first person by my side was Harry. I think he had flashed his badge and they allowed him. He pulled me into his arms immediately and I let my tear gland loose.

Harry: You're safe now. Bring it together.

All my friends in the estate came around and said one or two things to her corpse.
When the police finally took her away, I already got a grip on myself.
Lois, Amber, Leonard and Harry followed me inside, each one of them talking like Claire was my sister except Leonard.
William came an hour later and the first thing he did was to pull me into a hug.

William: You're safe now baby.

I nodded my thanks and sat down.
It was over now. No more running or always watching my back. Claire was gone, Tobe should wake up now.

Lois: Home to Bestie.

I looked at her and smiled.

Lois: Leo is suggesting we all go to Tobe's resort for a week's vacation. What do you think?

Amber: It'll help forget all these. It'll be nice if we go.

Me: I'm not interested. Tobe isn't awake yet so I'm still incomplete.

William: Incomplete? You mean you're still in love with him?

I eyed him and stood up, making for the stairs. I've got a friend who's in coma, how do they expect me to go and have fun knowing that this friend doesn't have a chance to survive? He's a part of me, just like everyone of them seated there so I'm incomplete without any of my friends.
William can go to hell for all I care if he thinks I'm still in love with Tobe.

William: I'm talking to you Pamela.

Me: What? What do you want from me?

William: Tell me if you still love him.

Me: Why? What does it mean to you?

William: Everything Pamela. It means everything.

Me: Forget it William. I'm incomplete without any of you sitting down here. You all are a part of me, a part of my existence. Everyday I meet someone new but it takes being like all of you here to get that person into my heart. Tobe is also one of us, just that he's not sitting down here right now. How do you expect me to go and have fun when he's lying down there just with the help of machines? What does that make me? It could have been me or Lois lying there but he took the bullet for one of us. So William, if you ask me if in still in love with him, you'll have to be so selfish not to have the interest of someone who took the bullet for me. I love him like I love you, Harry, Lois or Amber. That's how much I love him William.

I climbed the stairs, knowing there were different sets of eyes boring into my back. I got to the top of the stairs and my phone rang from downstairs.
Lois got up and started bringing it to me.

Me: Who's calling?
I asked, wiping a stray tear from my face.

Lois: Chief.

I ran down and took the phone from her.

Me: Hello sir!

Doctor: Miss Pamela, we've got good news.

Me: Oh! Tell me doctor.

Doctor: He's awake.

And that was the last I remembered before waking up to find myself in a hospital bed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by seanmozilla: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2016
#following... Keep it up PamelB
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
tanq sis
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
Thank God! The storm is over!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by damsel14(f): 12:19am On Dec 22, 2016
Pamel b... Is unfair o.. See where u came to hide Ur story... Well thank God I caught up with u guys.... Keep it up
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Daisyben(f): 12:26am On Dec 22, 2016
Tnks for d updat dear...kip it cmn
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by princessadeola(f): 10:22am On Dec 22, 2016
More Wisdom
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
plssss more update ma more grace,happy Christmas and new year in advance
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Marshalrhino(m): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2016
Finally caught up. Nice write up Pamel. Hpe u update soon
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by imAlive(m): 12:09am On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas. I Love You and please don't keep us waiting too long for more updates. I love you
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Good morning fam. I'm sorry I couldn't wish you guys a merry Christmas. Things has been really bad my side but I believe that God is in control. Hope your celebration was a blast?

Lois was sleeping on a plastic chair beside my bed. I tapped her and she opened her eyes, rubbing her face and yawning like a kid.
She looked at me and smiled, then she stood up and hugged me.

Lois: We were so worried about you.

Me: What happened? How's Tobe?

Lois: He's fine. I'll go and call them cause you're in same hospital as him.

Me: So it's true, he's woken up?

She nodded and hugged me again.

Lois: I'll bring them to you now.

She left and I said a silent prayer, thanking God for doing something wonderful for me.
I think I drifted off to sleep again because I felt a tap and then I opened my eyes.
Amber, Harry and Tobe. He was on a wheelchair. I smiled at him and he returned the smile.

Tobe: Now you're smiling but few hours ago, you scared us to death. What happened to you?

Me: I don't know. The doctor called me to tell me you've come around, then I suddenly felt like I was loosing my breath, like something was choking me and that's all.

Amber: Have you ever felt like that before? Maybe when you're happy or sad?

Me: No. I've never experienced it.

Harry: Then we should talk to the doctor okay? For now, let's dwell in the moment.

Tobe: Seriously, I've missed all of you.

Lois: And we missed you too Tobe. Tell us, where do we go once you're back?

Me: Back? Back from where?

Harry: Oh! Sorry dear. Eddy will be going to India tomorrow.

Me: Why?

Harry: He needs better hands to bring him back to shape.

Me: Alright..So back to what Lois asked, where will you be taking us?

Tobe: Uhm. You girls should choose anywhere you wanna go.

Amber: Paris please.

Me: Is that a joint or a new resort?

Everyone laughed.

Amber: Like, Paris. Tobe can handle it of course. Can't you darling?

Harry cleared his throat immediately and we laughed again.

Lois: If you want to go on a honeymoon with Harry, you both can discuss it later. But for now, we're talking about what Tobe will do for us, not to empty his bank accounts

Tobe: Alright. This is what will happen. Harry and I will talk and he'll give you guys a feedback okay? But I promise, you guys will have plenty fun even before I return. God has been faithful.

Me: Yea.

Harry: So, ladies and gentleman, I'll call the doctor now to come take a look at this little girl, then .....

Me: Who? Who's a little girl?

They all laughed before Harry excused himself and left. Lois and Amber took Tobe back to his ward, leaving me by myself.
The door opened shortly and the old doctor walked in, flagged by some cute nurses.

Doctor: Look who decided to pay us a visit.

I smiled at him and he sat down.

Doctor: So was it the excitement of the news or something else that caused you to pass out?

Me: I think it should be the excitement doctor. I was anxiously waiting for a good news after his wife died so I was very much excited after you told me.

He wrote something down and looked at me again.

Doctor: You're fine. You just have to take things easy. You should go on a vacation, away from everything that's been happening around you okay?

I nodded and looked at Harry who looked like he was going to burst out of excitement.

Harry: Chief, don't worry, we'll take care of them.

Doctor: I trust your judgement then. I'll discharge her towards evening. Your friend's transfer papers will also be ready by then.

Harry: Alright Chief. Thank you very much.

Doctor: You're welcome son.

He stood up and left while Harry occupied the chair he had left.

Harry; So Miss Bernards, are you hungry?

Me: Yes please.

Harry: I'll go and get you something nice to eat. But meanwhile, I'll like you to follow us to a burial ceremony next week.

I frowned and he smiled.

Harry: Remember the doctor said you should change your environment, I'm not even asking you to go on a vacation. It's just Enugu. You, me and Amber. We'll stay for three or four days.

Me: What about Lois? isn't she coming?

Harry: She's following Leonard to Abidgan while William is already out, don't ask me where.

Me: So if you and Amber leaves, I'll be all alone?

Harry: More reason you should come with us.

Me: Alright. I'm in.

Harry: Good for you. I'll go get you what to eat okay?

Me: Hurry please.

8 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
Thanks for this update dear.
Whatever is going on wv u, God 'll handle it perfectly. Just be prayerful and put ur trust in Him. Keep safe!!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Marshalrhino(m): 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
Merry Christmas Pamel! Stay strong
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by dimssy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
Merry Christmas people.....God bless.........
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Virgin1990(m): 3:02am On Dec 27, 2016
Una still remember d guy wey save Pamela d oda tym na....(d one who lost d mum)............. Na dat guy mama burial Pamela wan follow go so ooo!!!
{my thoughts, though}
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 7:08am On Dec 27, 2016
all is well dear,His grace is ur strenght
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by princessadeola(f): 8:02am On Dec 27, 2016
God is Your Strength
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 27, 2016
EXPERIENCE IS NOT THE BEST TEACHER!

‘Truth is within us; It takes no rise from outward things. There is an inmost centre in us all where truth abides in fullness.’’ Browning Robert

Truth is absolute. It is independent of any arbitrary standards of measurement. It is not based on reason, evidence or experience. Truth is not an idea to be debated or a fact to be validated by experience. Truth validates experiences and gives credibility to ideas. Jesus said, ‘I am the truth…’’ His words weren’t ‘I am a truth’ but THE TRUTH! This means that, if we must know truth we must know it in the person of Jesus Christ, in his incarnation, death and resurrection. Therefore, being in Him means to dwell in the fullness of truth and walk in the light beyond the shadows of ideologies built on experiences.

In the last phase of His life on earth, He told His disciples He won’t live them comfortless, that He will send them the comforter which is the Spirit of truth who will guide them into all truth about Him. It was important for them to know the truth, so as to lead their lives from the truth. Times where about changing and only the truth could comfort their hearts and keep their eyes fixed on Him.

Looking back in time from history to date, there seems to be lots of ideologies that.....

Follow link to continue reading: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2016/12/dont-live-your-life-based-on-fables.html#more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
The next couple of days went by so fast. Tobe was flown to India, Lois now lived with Leonard and it was clear she was avoiding me. William always called to check up on me. It was only Amber and Harry who visited me.
I decided to go shopping a day before we were to leave for Enugu. I wore a plain black trouser, a silk white top and a white flat shoe, clutching my red channel handbag. I applied a light makeup, deciding I would visit the spa after my shopping.
I picked my car key, locked my house and drove out.
I drove to shoprite in GRA and bought the things I would be needing both for the house and my travel. I carried my bags to my car when I felt a tap on my shoulder.
I turned around and my stomach rumbled. The worms in my tummy suddenly turned to butterflies as I stared at my cute stranger with the very beautiful smile.

Me: You?

He smiled further, revealing beautiful sets of teeth. His creator must have spent extra ordinary time moulding him because he looked so perfect.

Greg: Yes beautiful. We meet again.

He extended his hand for a handshake and I gladly took it.

Greg: I'm Gregory and it's wonderful meeting you again.

Me: I'm Pamela.

Greg: Wow. Pamela. Nice.

Me: Thanks.

Greg: You're welcome. So tell me, have you had lunch? We could drive down to chittis and ......

Me: Chittis? Hell no. I'm not going there again. I admit their services are wonderful, their meals are nice but hell no, I'm not going there ever again.

Greg: But why?

Me: Didn't you witness what happened to me the last time? I'm so not going there again.

Greg: You're breaking my heart. Is that what everyone now thinks of my place?

Me: Your place?

Greg: Never mind. Let's go into the building then. They've got Kilimanjaro and KFC there. We can eat and spend a little time.

Me: Kilimanjaro then. Give me a minute lemme lock up .

Greg: I'll wait for you my lady.

I smiled and opened my car, dropping my shopping bags at the back sit. I locked up and turned to him, clutching my handbag with my best smile. How I was so tripping for this guy. We walked hand in hand into the building, looking like newly weds. My heart was beating very fast and I couldn't take my eyes off him. Is this love or attraction?
He was a gentleman to the core, helped me pull a chair, watched me sit before going over to his, his smile naturally plastered on his face. Again, he ordered for jollof rice and coke and I just followed suit. We got busy with a glass of wine before our order came, staring at each other like there was no other person around us.

Greg: So tell me, what does a pretty woman like you do for a living? I couldn't help but notice your rich looks and then the car.

I smiled.

Me; I'm the CEO to my dad's company, DeBernards.

Greg: Tell me something! Your dad owns DeBernards group of companies?

Me: We bless God.

And that was how the chats flowed till we were done with lunch.
We were walking back to the parking lot when his phone rang.
After the call, we bade each other goodbye since it was an urgent call.
He left without us exchanging numbers.
While in my car, I thought about him. Maybe he was married, that's why he didn't ask for my number. Or maybe I wasn't good enough for him. I wiped a stray tear from my eye and drove off, praying I don't meet him again.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply)

Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story) / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.