Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy (12502 Views)

Tottenham Hotspurs Footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gives Away Expensive Shoes / Mirko Vucinic's Strange Goal Celebration / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football (2) (3) (4)

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by saworoide: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2009
McKren:

I will not be suprised if Adebayor comes out of this without a Ban

Van Persie flew into Adebayor with what is a malicious challenge, Adebyor dodged and reciprocated . . . . you can blame Adebayor for over-reacting but Van Persie should be ashamed of himself for putting such a Statement out as if he was totally innocent
I doubt he would put that statement out if Arsenal won away by 4-2.

McKren,

Football is a physical game and nobody says players should not challenged for ball. The guy that scattered Eduado's leg only got a red card. No fine, no ban and this was because he challenged for the ball albeit in a hard and rough manner. Van persie could claim he challenged for the ball, this is open to debate but Ade stamped VP when both of them have lost the ball. That was very close to his eyeballs and definitely would not be seen as an over reaction if VP lost an eye as a result.

Ade should watch it, Diouf was a class until his behaviour overshadowed his skills. Just imagine the accolades he would have got after the match without the two ugly incidents.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by McKren(m): 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2009
baslone:

You mean matured players like Adebayour. The EPL dramas are getting
so easy too read out this days. Unfortunately
what Adebayor did on the match day was very unprofessional. Both the foul
on Persie and the wild Celebration. I don't think he's going to be the first player
to leave a clubside. In as much as I like Adebayour I think he should just be fined
but in the premiership that won't happen. The English F.A will definitely want to
get him out of the way for their trip to Old Trafford.

That league is just another home video.

well unforyunately Adebayor has recieved the maximum penalty for celebrating in front of opposing fans

on the VP issue, their is a clause that requires the decision of the referee to stand so long as he had a close enough view. That was the case.
Yes the media are playing politics but the FA will be setting a very wrong precedent if they ban adebayor in retrospect.

Then they must be ready to re-referee all the matches all season.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by McKren(m): 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2009
Adebayor is no spitting diouf

He will be fine.

Arsenal committed a cardinal sin by selling a top class central defender and attacker to a club trying to break into top four and could potentially displace them. They should live with it, the mistake is already made.

Adebayors attitude and disrecpect for the big four is probably what city needs to break in if well managed.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by theviper1: 12:06am On Sep 15, 2009
am really surprised at the amount of negative energy being channeled to arsenal by pple. most of the haters have become so binded that they saw nothing wrong with adebayor behaviours on that match day. he was bought by city to help them make an impact on their team,not to cause them unwanted problems.probably the EPL will ban him,that may lead to them loosing some important matches as Tevez and Robinho will be out for some time.it will cost him money and cost his team a lot more.adecabelo used to be a sluggish footballer in arsenal and suddenly he was overtaking Bolt just to taunt arsenal supporters. i keep saying it,he is not the only player that has been sold that scored against his old team. and the unwritten rule of this game is that u dont even celebrate when u score against ur old team,bt obviously ade is both a fool and of low class. with an attitude like this (i don arrive),he will soon be a football outcast. he shoulnt forget that it was AW and Arsenal that kept faith in him and gave him the name that he bears now when he was playing in the better-forgotten ligue 1.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 15, 2009
arsenal fans moan at the stamp on v.p, if v.p. had succeded in breaking ade's leg the story would have been different and u all lots would have been saying ade deserves it for leaving arsenal, i do believe ade stamped v.p. out of the reaction on seeing v.p was after damaging his leg, twats, wen will u all be able to read football games and stop dropping sh*t comments
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by sley4life(m): 12:46am On Sep 15, 2009
i love ade. Pls shame those arsenal critics. When u were with them, they were booing u, When u booed them after your goal they wanted to destroy u with instruments, hahaha.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by femzy(m): 12:47am On Sep 15, 2009
ʎuunɟ ƃuıʞɐǝɹɟ ǝɹǝʍ sɔıd ǝsoɥʇ
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by 4llerbe(m): 12:56am On Sep 15, 2009
U GUYS CAN GO ON CREAMING UR KNICKERS ALL U LIKE, DIS IS A NO ISSUE AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED!!!!

REMBR LAST SEASON WHEN CHELSKI PLAYED A CUP GAME IN ENGLAND AND DROGBA GOT STONED WITH A COIN AND HE THREW IT BACK? HE WAS CANNED INSPITE OF BEING ATTACKED BY THE FANS.!!!!!!!!!, WATS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE, CHELSKI MAKE UNA COMPLETE AM.

TSEEW SEE MUMU BLACK MAN GO DEY MISBEHAVE FOR OYINBO MAN HOUSE HIM GO HEAR WEHN!!!!!! NO BE HIM FAULT, ASSUMING HE WAS PLAYING IN ITALY AGAINST ROMA FANS OR JUVE FANS OR INFACT ANY FANS HIM FIT TRY THAT NONSENSE?? na the arsenal fans i blame sha, i trustmy shooting stars fan club, omo kan a koja aye re ni ibadan, tsssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! ao ma dele royin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by burnin: 1:23am On Sep 15, 2009
Please people get it straight.I am an Arsenal fan but my view on this is totally unbiased. Adebayor is a good player on his day but what he did was unacceptable and if any other player had done that against his former club would be met with the same reaction. He almost caused a riot among the Arsenal fans.
Secondly, van persie's tackle was rash but you are NOT allowed in football to retaliate no matter the nature of the tackle. He deserves a ban and I think all Ive said is fair.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dipo2much(m): 1:44am On Sep 15, 2009
Is this not dumb for a player who is in rare top form?
What is the guarantee that he will hit this kinda form again after he returns from the ban (Its almost certain he is gonna be banned)
Now,man city will face a less stronger man city team than the one that arsenal had to face (Ireland may not even play),

http://goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumours/2009/09/13/1499374/manchester-citys-emmanuel-adebayor-to-be-hit-with-four-match-ban-

Adebayo is just brainless. He is supposed to be protecting his superb form,but look what he is making of it, That why he is unprofessional and classless.

Anelka scored many goals for arsenal and against arsenal. No Drama
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by PurestBoy(m): 1:56am On Sep 15, 2009
femzy:

ʎuunɟ ƃuıʞɐǝɹɟ ǝɹǝʍ sɔıd ǝsoɥʇ

How do you write that way??
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by proproman(m): 2:15am On Sep 15, 2009
@ The viper, do you truly have consideration for your fellow man? Put yourself in Adebayor's shoes let's see if it won't take the intervention of hussein bolt to stop you sprinting round the stadium, making rude hand gestures at the opposing fans. For goodness sakes, that guy was booed by people that were supposed to be supporting him. How do you expect a player to perform well when you make it clear that he does not have your support? If man u fans were booing ronaldo, do you think he would have been that prolific. Arsenal fans are the worst fair weather fans i've come across. When Adebayor scored that goal against villareal in the champions league quarter finals, he suddenly became the world best striker to the arsenal fans and they felt the goal deserved to be the best champions league goal of all time. When he failed to score against man u in the semis he became the worst. The young man could not take it anymore. Arsenal fans say he left because of money. Well, why not? The fans did not offer him their support, the coach did not offer his confidence and the club did not keep the faith. The only other thing he could get from them was money and as every one knows how arsenal is with money, there was nothing else for him at the club and he had to leave. Some dumb arsenal fan will say their coach showed confidence in him by playing him. Rubbish. Wenger played Adebayor more because he did not have a choice than having confidence in him. You guys should stop all this whining, we're all sick of it. If it were ronaldo celebrating against man u, there would be nothing wrong. Because you guys are on the losing end, all hell must be let loose. All this talk about professionalism should stop. Is own goal diaby a professional? Hate it or love it, ade is a great striker and arsenal have lost two games in a row. Abeg dey run dey go, my guy. Nutin do you. Leave all these yeye arsenal fans. "hiss".
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by biina: 4:01am On Sep 15, 2009
See all these arsenal fans wey wan turn football to badminton undecided
Football is a contact sport! abi what was RVP doing on the ground with his face under Adebayor's foot? if not executing a rash challenge. He came off worse, and he should live with the consequences.
Adebayor and his citeh pals outplayed you and whooped you 4-2, una come dey whine after match.
Na people like una complain say make players like kaka no dey display Jesus under shirt!
So make opponent player no celebrate again? if Ade no score, una fans no go yab am? undecided
Yet the guy already got a yellow card for his celebrations undecided
They booed him and he responded in kind. Its simply a football game - everyone should get over it.
If anyone is to be sanctioned, it should be arsenal and their 'plastic stool throwing' hooligan fans.  angry
As long as their is no physical contact or racial abuse, everybody should be free to cheer, boo, or celebrate as they want.
Football should be won on the pitch and not by arsenal's drama queens seeking undue advantage via the boardroom.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 6:51am On Sep 15, 2009
Slow motion never tells the whole story. It can make you look like a real villain. Honestly, I don't think Adebayor 100% meant to stamp RVPs face and RVP had just lunged at him with a 2 fotted challenge. Maybe he was just a little slow in taking his foot away in anger. Second, I'm an Arsenal fan and I LOVED the celebration. The ones who are upset are the ones who don't want to admit that we were outplayed and they were wrong in driving another player away. -Shege314
http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/snet-676210

Would you believe it? There are still some sensible arsenal fans left. cool
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dayokanu(m): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2009
I am shocked some Assanal fans can actually reason right
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Sabawaleklazik(m): 7:20am On Sep 15, 2009
Why u arsenal fan dey find somebody transfer ur anger 2. No be u dey boo ur players.
Wetin make u boo ur playas less 2 talk about one dat acrimonously leave ur peanut weekly salary 4 a beta an new life. Why u wan kill playa bcus of his celebration haba. No use adebayor as an excuse 4 ur season wey dey crash
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 7:42am On Sep 15, 2009
Honestly arse-anal fans should be ASHAMED of themselves. Ade DID NO WRONG!

. . .
The Arsenal fans who sang the Adebayor song at Eastlands on Saturday, the one that insulted his father and called his mother a LovePeddler1 - and there seems to be disagreement over where it came from, but check calls were made to some Gunners fans in the top tier and they certainly heard it 2 - have already been allowed to go far beyond what would be considered reasonable behaviour in any other domain. 3

And so they had to put up with getting just the tiniest bit back when the player they had taunted for the best part of two hours, including pre-match and the warm-up, achieved the point of the game and scored the goal that made Arsenal's defeat a certainty. He ran the length of the field and slid on his knees in front of them, arms spread wide in triumph. Oh dear. Boo hoo! How terrible that must have been.

Adebayor did not curse, he did not spit, he certainly did not launch the missile that split open the head of a steward.
He did not wade into the crowd and start throwing right-handers. Just came to rest with a smug look on his face that milked every last moment of his part in Manchester City's victory, and revelled in Arsenal's miserable journey home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1213488/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Emmanuel-Adebayor-debate-The-hypocrites-stands.html
Ade is NOT my favourite player but damn it, the guy did no wrong in celebrating. I'm leading a personal protest.

SAY NO TO BAN!!!

There were at least 3 reasons for Ade to show those useless classless assnal fans the middle finger.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dayokanu(m): 7:53am On Sep 15, 2009
Adebayor is pure CLASS and assanal fans? what can you expect from fans who bring bananas to the field.

Aint that racist?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2009
Is there a rule that says one cannot celebrate in front of opposing fans,even if they used to be your former supporters?
If there is,which I think not,then adebayor is in the wrong.Someone should show me where it is.
if there isn't,then why the hell is this argument going on in the first place?

All you arsenal fans should be ashamed of yourselves.Using adebayor as a serious diversion for another ball-less performance despite all the hype.
If Adebayor's mum is a prostitute and his father washes elephants,what you got from his celebration was worth every bit of it.If you showed him respect,even when he was at Arsenal,he wouldn't have dreamt of running fster than Usain Bolt.
I'm waiting to see what the buffoons at the FA will say/do about this celebration incident.
cus the Arsenal fans are the most guilty on two fronts.Chanting insulting/racist remarks and throwing missiles.But then they've never had the class they prfess or pretend to have,so it's nothing new to them.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by saworoide: 8:11am On Sep 15, 2009
To the Arsenal fans and critics alike, the FA are no fools and they are reviewing both the V.Persie incident and Adebayor's alleged stamp. I personally wil agree with whatever decision they come out with and I think that is objective.

My problem with Ade is that he deprived himself of so much accolade that should ordinarily follow such a wonderful performance on that day. He will need to work on his temeprament. I remember he once slapped a team mate (Bendtner) when he was with Arsenal. I rest my case.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dayokanu(m): 8:26am On Sep 15, 2009
Police have received a complaint over the behaviour of Arsenal striker Robin van Persie after he scored during Saturday’s game with Manchester City.

It is alleged the striker celebrated in front of home fans at Eastlands and mouthed a swear word towards the City supporters in the stands.
Greater Manchester Police said they would speak to the fan who complained before deciding whether to investigate.

http://justarsenal.com/now-van-persie-celebration-against-city-to-be-investigated/778

Van Rapist was talking about Class right? Shows so much class by Swearing at opposing fans.

I remember he once slapped a team mate (Bendtner) when he was with Arsenal. I rest my case.

You didnt mention that Bendtner gave him a finger right? Partial and biased view.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by yjay(f): 8:47am On Sep 15, 2009
the viper:

am really surprised at the amount of negative energy being channeled to arsenal by pple. most of the haters have become so binded that they saw nothing wrong with adebayor behaviours on that match day. he was bought by city to help them make an impact on their team,not to cause them unwanted problems.probably the EPL will ban him,that may lead to them loosing some important matches as Tevez and Robinho will be out for some time.it will cost him money and cost his team a lot more.adecabelo used to be a sluggish footballer in arsenal and suddenly he was overtaking Bolt just to taunt arsenal supporters. i keep saying it,he is not the only player that has been sold that scored against his old team. and the unwritten rule of this game is that u dont even celebrate when u score against your old team,bt obviously ade is both a fool and of low class. with an attitude like this (i don arrive),he will soon be a football outcast. he shoulnt forget that it was AW and Arsenal that kept faith in him and gave him the name that he bears now when he was playing in the better-forgotten ligue 1.

says who? plzzzzzzzzz!!!!!! u say hes a fool & a low class cos he celebrated against his old team, the same team that booed him til he finally left, yeah rite arsenal fans are just sour losers jare! i actually enjoyed watching him sprint to the other end of the field to celebrate & particularly liked wat i saw on the faces of the arsenal fans & o' boy were they pissed angry angry
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Witi(m): 8:49am On Sep 15, 2009
Although unprofessional but he has made his point, AW is bleeped the guy should no good player will love his style His style can only work in national team not in club side especially a league like English Premier league. Sometimes I wonder how he expect those small boys he is parading to survive the pressure of a competitive league where we have Generals like Rooney, Drogba, Scholes, Giggs, Vidic, Torres, Essien, Ballack,Deco, Carvalho, Lampard, Gerrard, Tevez, Evra, and others these guys are Skillful and very physical. AW is a big fool
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2009
Viper,
my guy,the last time I checked,there is no such rule about where anyone should celebrate,written or unwritten.Stop inventing figments of your imagination.
Yeah,a fool and a low class once scored 30 in a season for you.

If van Persie is being investigated as well,as the link says,then what's the hue and cry about Adebayor's?Oh, I forgot,i'm talking to the Gaynners,the ultimate hypocrites in football.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by ytp(f): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2009
im a staunch arsenal fan,bt i think if i were in Adebayors shoes i wud do same.i totally agree dat he went too far,bt he wanted to prove alot of things.But there's something i knw 4 sure,Thiery Henry wud never do dat. smiley
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2009
Eastbay:

Is there a rule that says one cannot celebrate in front of opposing fans,even if they used to be your former supporters?
If there is,which I think not,then adebayor is in the wrong.Someone should show me where it is.
if there isn't,then why the hell is this argument going on in the first place?

All you arsenal fans should be ashamed of yourselves.Using adebayor as a serious diversion for another ball-less performance despite all the hype.
If Adebayor's mum is a prostitute and his father washes elephants,what you got from his celebration was worth every bit of it.If you showed him respect,even when he was at Arsenal,he wouldn't have dreamt of running fster than Usain Bolt.
I'm waiting to see what the buffoons at the FA will say/do about this celebration incident.
cus the Arsenal fans are the most guilty on two fronts.Chanting insulting/racist remarks and throwing missiles.But then they've never had the class they prfess or pretend to have,so it's nothing new to them.
Padi mi, wassup cheesy. na wa for these guys oh. I asked same question a few days ago and Sharon mentioned there is such a rule because in England, the fans are the kings. But really, I'm yet to see this rule in written form?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 9:04am On Sep 15, 2009
saworoide:

I remember he once slapped a team mate (Bendtner) when he was with Arsenal. I rest my case.
You have a selective memory I think.  cheesy You forgot Bendter gave him the middle finger. Who is he (Bendter) to do that? He got a slap for disrespecting his elder brother (Ade). finito.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2009
FBS,
My person,i dey!
ol' boy,I neva see o!
i severely doubt that there is such a rule.
If there is,we can effectively ban celebrating goals.
fans?Kings?the ones who hurl insults and throw things?give me a break.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 9:16am On Sep 15, 2009
Eastbay, eyan mi. . .the funny thing is that this whole shitzo would have died down easily if not for these silly assnal fans demand for a ban on their former player.

Now that RVP will also be investigated, Moi wonder what will happen next.

They should concentrate on why the lost and how to win instead of spewing hatred on the guy.

As for the fans. . .padi mi, sometimes I wonder how sick people can be. Personally, I love and play football. I enjoy going to the stadium but hurling insults at people? that is a freaking stupid thing to do.
The FAs got a BIG JOB to do with the fans.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 15, 2009
FBS,
Wise words coming from you.
I am still waiting for what the FA will say about the fans' behaviour.
Because it works both ways.Fans cannot expect to be respected when theu insult players vehemently.
I cannot see what wrong he (ade) did in celebrating because he didn't leave the pitch.he didn't say anything to the fans,unlike Van persie.(pot calling kettle black-the hypocrite).
I think the Arsenal supporters in the stadium were daft,cus they knew that Ade scoring was a real possibility.they still went ahead to taunt him.They then expect him to weep when he scored.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2009
Eastbay, now you got me laughing. grin (and thanks for the compliment wink cheesy )
Really, I think they expected him to be a flop at Citeh. They forgot how deadly he was with them.

From Kolo Toure

KOLO TOURE has launched a vicious attack on his old Arsenal team-mates for the way they rounded on bad-boy Emmanuel Adebayor.
Toure accused Arsenal's stars of refusing to shake the hand of former Gunner Adebayor BEFORE Manchester City's 4-2 demolition of the Londoners.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2637672/Kolo-Ade-snub-out-of-order.html

Even Kolo saw this coming. Both the fans and player were out for Ade. They got served. SIMPLE.
whatdayathink?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by fuke(m): 9:46am On Sep 15, 2009
the viper:

am really surprised at the amount of negative energy being channeled to arsenal by pple. most of the haters have become so binded that they saw nothing wrong with adebayor behaviours on that match day. he was bought by city to help them make an impact on their team,not to cause them unwanted problems.probably the EPL will ban him,that may lead to them loosing some important matches as Tevez and Robinho will be out for some time.it will cost him money and cost his team a lot more.adecabelo used to be a sluggish footballer in arsenal and suddenly he was overtaking Bolt just to taunt arsenal supporters. i keep saying it,he is not the only player that has been sold that scored against his old team. and the unwritten rule of this game is that u dont even celebrate when u score against your old team,bt obviously ade is both a fool and of low class. with an attitude like this (i don arrive),he will soon be a football outcast. he shoulnt forget that it was AW and Arsenal that kept faith in him and gave him the name that he bears now when he was playing in the better-forgotten ligue 1.

Viper, i am on all fours with you on this Adebayo issue. The problem is people tend to forget
              where they were coming from. I am surprised that people are so beclouded by team loyalty that
              they cannont see anyhing wrong with what Adebayo did. And for Gods sake, this has nothing to
              do with whether a footballer was sold or not. Even if the fans booed Adebayo he should know that
               he had to comport himself. He is not the first footballer to play against his former club. I am sure
               Henry or Etoe would not have reacted the way  he did. By all means. as a professional, he should
              strive to justify his pay and scoring a goal against his former club was like it but running to taunt Arsenal
             fans was tantamount to taunting Arsen Wenger and even if the whole world says no, I say it is very immoral
              and unethical. You do not taunt a man on whose back you climbed to  the top. When I see reactions like
               these on Nairaland I wonder what has happened to the sence of judgement of some Nigerians.
               Some Nigerians are supporting Adebayo when both him and the club are already regretting his actions .  
              Truth be told, Adebayo was a bad face of Africa on Saturday, he was just unrefined and uncouthed. He was
              completely bereft of class and needs to applogise. Lets he thinks he is a superstar, he is not there yet,
              he is definetely not yet a Henry or Kanu. and if he continues like this, I am afraid he will never be there.
             His journey to the ground will be much faster than his rise. The oracle has spoken.

Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue / FA Cup: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 28th January 2012 / Manchester City Vs Atlanta: UCL (5 - 1) On 22nd October 2019

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83