Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy (12503 Views)

Tottenham Hotspurs Footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gives Away Expensive Shoes / Mirko Vucinic's Strange Goal Celebration / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2009
fuke:

Viper, i am on all fours with you on this Adebayo issue. The problem is people tend to forget
where they were coming from. I am surprised that people are so beclouded by team loyalty that
they cannont see anyhing wrong with what Adebayo did. And for Gods sake, this has nothing to
do with whether a footballer was sold or not. Even if the fans booed Adebayo he should know that
he had to comport himself. He is not the first footballer to play against his former club. I am sure
Henry or Etoe would not have reacted the way he did. By all means. as a professional, he should
strive to justify his pay and scoring a goal against his former club was like it but running to taunt Arsenal
fans was tantamount to taunting Arsen Wenger and even if the whole world says no, I say it is very immoral
and unethical. You do not taunt a man on whose back you climbed to the top. When I see reactions like
these on Nairaland I wonder what has happened to the sence of judgement of some Nigerians.
Some Nigerians are supporting Adebayo when both him and the club are already regretting his actions .
Truth be told, Adebayo was a bad face of Africa on Saturday, he was just unrefined and uncouthed. He was
completely bereft of class and needs to applogise. Lets he thinks he is a superstar, he is not there yet,
he is definetely not yet a Henry or Kanu. and if he continues like this, I am afraid he will never be there.
His journey to the ground will be much faster than his rise. The oracle has spoken.
Tales by moonlight. Look at you praying for someone to fail. Do you think that is moral? Hypocrites you lots.

It is right for assnal fans to abuse his mum, dad and his whole family. It is right for them to curse him and Ade was wrong to celebrate? Is that what you are saying?
Did he leave the pitch of play? NO
Did he hurl abuses at the fans? NO
Did he make any gesture or use swear words? NO

But guess what RVP did. How about that?

Are you aware that none of the assnal players wanted to shake hands with him prior to the match? are you also aware that he was booed the whole of last season?
Do you believe in what goes around comes around?

Bloody arsnal fans. . .Moi wonder if y'all got any decency at all? cover your eyes in shame. . .plan how to win and not castigate the fella. You lost. Citeh Won. End of . . .
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2009
@Fuke,
Please don't mind these guys.
If Ade wasn't wrong or told that what he did was wrong, why is he apologising?
Why are they( FA) charging him for the two incidents?
Kolo would defend Ade now, because they are team mates, or you expect him to add to the Ade scolding?
Why would Ade expect love from the Arsenal fans when he singled them out for blame for his mediocre season(07/08) ?
Really, I don't give a f@*K about his celebrations?(a hefty fine should do)
He just showed he lacked class and he hasn't grown up.
But the challenge on RVP was despicable.
He set out to injure him.
I am surprised at some people here, trying to justify Ade's assault on RVP as being fantastic because Robin tried to injure him in the initial tackle.
Are u guys civil at all?
Ade kicked Song, Song kicked him back in retaliation and got carded.
Well, i guessed at first, it was the media rant that led to Ade's charge.
Let's see what will happen, but I bet you Ade would be banned!
BTW, for those of you who dont know the origin of the Ade song, The spuds changed that song to the dad and mum bashing, and that horrible song has been heard at OT and SB before, so what's everyone on about if Gooners sing it.
Please look at this again

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2009
@FBS,
why are u analysing based on rumours?
Bring out the facts.
Which man city fan saw RVP mouthing obscenities?
Has the FA charged him for it?
All these are being done just to make the FA not ban Ade for long
How do we believe what Kolo said?
We all saw Ade shaking everyone and hugging before the match.
He abused Bendtner the previous day in an interview, and Bendtner didnt snub him
and even after he hugged diaby, Song(who he kicked), Gallas(who he clashed with during the match)
So, what's Kolo saying?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nestoville(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2009
Adebayor should be penalized for his stamp on RVP for the good of the game but it should not go beyond that. The player has been rejected, booed and provoked by the same fans and there is every possibility this will continue, the fans have blood running through their veins so does Adebayor professional or not. A 2 or 3 match ban would be a little over.

I would love to see him play MAN U, damn no Tevez no Adebayor that's less glory for MAN U! cry
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2009
HNIC:

@Fuke,
Please don't mind these guys.
If Ade wasn't wrong or told that what he did was wrong, why is he apologising?
Why are they( FA) charging him for the two incidents?
Kolo would defend Ade now, because they are team mates, or you expect him to add to the Ade scolding?
Why would Ade expect love from the Arsenal fans when he singled them out for blame for his mediocre season(07/08) ?
Really, I don't give a f@*K about his celebrations?(a hefty fine should do)
He just showed he lacked class and he hasn't grown up.
But the challenge on RVP was despicable.
He set out to injure him.
I am surprised at some people here, trying to justify Ade's assault on RVP as being fantastic because Robin tried to injure him in the initial tackle.
Are u guys civil at all?
Ade kicked Song, Song kicked him back in retaliation and got carded.
Well, i guessed at first, it was the media rant that led to Ade's charge.
Let's see what will happen, but I bet you Ade would be banned!
BTW, for those of you who dont know the origin of the Ade song, The spuds changed that song to the dad and mum bashing, and that horrible song has been heard at OT and SB before, so what's everyone on about if Gooners sing it.
Please look at this again
You keep hammering on this. That he apoligised meant only one thing. That he was sorry and mere saying sorry does NOT mean GUILTY. It means "hey, you got kicked. . .sorry, I didn't mean it". simple as ABC. damn it!
What should be attached to that "SORRY" is not guilt but rather "LETS MOVE ON".

No one is justifying anything but the point is this. You wanted to finish a guys career with a dangerous tackle, the guy escaped but paid you back in kind. If at all , both players should be punished because in this case, both are guilty.

What else do you have to say?

HNIC:

@FBS,
why are u analysing based on rumours?
Bring out the facts.
Which man city fan saw RVP mouthing obscenities?
Has the FA charged him for it?
All these are being done just to make the FA not ban Ade for long
How do we believe what Kolo said?
We all saw Ade shaking everyone and hugging before the match.
He abused Bendtner the previous day in an interview, and Bendtner didnt snub him
and even after he hugged diaby, Song(who he kicked), Gallas(who he clashed with during the match)
So, what's Kolo saying?

HAs FA charged EA25? what crime did he commit sef? "kick" on RVP (who is not a saint either) or the way he celebrated?
Go over to your thread. A gooner like you confirmed this. He said he saw it and it was applauded by same gunner fans at his viewing center. No be me talk am.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2009
@HNIC

stop accusing FBS falsely cos he is correct go to this link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1213488/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Emmanuel-Adebayor-debate-The-hypocrites-stands.html

RVP is a professional footballer he should know how to attack, if he has broken adebayor's legs and ended the poor African boy career what would you hypocrite arsenal fans be saying here today that he deserve it

i wish he plucked out his eyes next time he wont have evil intentions against any african player he sees, you know hypocrites when you see them they r the first to shout foul  if not, RVP wont be making such comments on arsenal site, why did he not say sorry for his attack on adebayor
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by mjbaba: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2009
ARSENAL ATTITUDE TOWARDS  ADEBAYOR, UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Posted 15/09/09 08:36
EmailPrintSave

Prem 2009/10 Win Outright: Man City 9/1

Kolo Toure has rounded on his former Arsenal team-mates for their treatment of Emmanuel Adebayor on Saturday.

Adebayor is set to learn his fate for his alleged stamp on Robin van Persie, and his overzealous goal celebration in the 4-2 victory at Eastlands.

But Toure insists Adebayor's treatment at the hands of his former colleagues even before the match was "unacceptable".

"I am astounded because he has received blows from all the Arsenal players," Toure told the Sun.

"Even though he was the first to go and salute them in the tunnel, even those who had an affinity with him didn't want to shake his hand.

"For me that is unacceptable."

Toure admitted Adebayor's confrontation with the fans was regrettable.

"There was a very difficult moment with the supporters," he said.

"At the start of the game they were whistling at him as if he never brought anything to the club. It was hard.

"I don't caution him for his gesture although I tried to stop him and I also have apologised to the fans. It's not to them that he should do this.

"I told him that this was not a good thing and he apologised. The problem is that they booed him while they applauded me.

"It was a reaction of pride. The whole world could have a reaction like that."

Toure also defended Adebayor's move insisting that it was not financially motivated.

"Certain people want others to believe he left for the money but we know he was pushed to leave. I know it because I was present," he said.

"I firmly believe he left to bring money to the club."

-football365.com
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2009
kaecy5:

@HNIC

stop accusing FBS falsely cos he is correct go to this link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1213488/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Emmanuel-Adebayor-debate-The-hypocrites-stands.html

RVP is a professional footballer he should know how to attack, if he has broken adebayor's legs and ended the poor African boy career what would you hypocrite arsenal fans be saying here today that he deserve it

i wish he plucked out his eyes next time he wont have evil intentions against any african player he sees, you know hypocrites when you see them they r the first to shout foul  if not, RVP wont be making such comments on arsenal site, why did he not say sorry for his attack on adebayor
cank you o jare Kaecy5.  grin You dey mind HNIC cheesy

RVP went in with a very bad and malicious intent but Ade on the other hand apologised. I think thats classy.
RVP no even wan hear anything. What a thug of a player (RVP). tongue
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 10:32am On Sep 15, 2009
@Kaecy5,
So,if Ade had not retaliated by attempting to blind him, he would be considered a wimp!!!
and because Ade is an african, we should support his act of wickedness.
Arguing on this NL sef sometimes is really tasking lipsrsealed
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by okeey(m): 10:38am On Sep 15, 2009
it serves celebration 4 adebayor
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2009
See below, the spuds fans reaction when Sol Campbell moved over to Arsenal.
He has been called worse names by Spuds fans.
In fact Ade now makes Cashley Cole look like a saint grin
~hmmmn, because they were booing me, I had to rile them up~
Grow up Ade, let your brain catch up with your age
Meanwhile, I dont want him banned for the celebration, but for trying to injure a former team mate who BTW, contributed to most of his goals, he should be BANNED

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2009
YES BAN HIM. Are you happy now? grin

Any points awarded for that?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by biina: 10:52am On Sep 15, 2009
If you dont like the way Ade celebrated his goal, go and watch badminton!!!
Arsenal fans; a misnomer for hooligans.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by StEdwin(m): 10:53am On Sep 15, 2009
Nice goal from ADE, Nice celebration too,
I don't see why Adebayor should be blamed his actions after all it was the same Arsenal fans dat sent him out of Emirates Stadium,
Why is Arsene Wenger silent?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dejyx: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2009
I am an Arsenal fan. I dont think Adebayor should be banned or fined he should be allowed to express himself.

My message to Adebayor is simply Every Dog Has His Day and He Who laughs Last Laughs Longest.

He should also remember that "before rain fall coconut don get water"
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2009
dejyx:

I am an Arsenal fan. I dont think Adebayor should be banned or fined he should be allowed to express himself.

My message to Adebayor is simply Every Dog Has His Day and He Who laughs Last Laughs Longest.

He should also remember that "before rain fall coconut don get water"
Some of you can still think straight. Good to know. wink cheesy
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2009
fuke:

Viper, i am on all fours with you on this Adebayo issue. The problem is people tend to forget
              where they were coming from. I am surprised that people are so beclouded by team loyalty that
              they cannont see anyhing wrong with what Adebayo did. And for Gods sake, this has nothing to
              do with whether a footballer was sold or not. Even if the fans booed Adebayo he should know that
               he had to comport himself. He is not the first footballer to play against his former club. I am sure
               Henry or Etoe would not have reacted the way  he did. By all means. as a professional, he should
              strive to justify his pay and scoring a goal against his former club was like it but running to taunt Arsenal
             fans was tantamount to taunting Arsen Wenger and even if the whole world says no, I say it is very immoral
              and unethical. You do not taunt a man on whose back you climbed to  the top. When I see reactions like
               these on Nairaland I wonder what has happened to the sence of judgement of some Nigerians.
               Some Nigerians are supporting Adebayo when both him and the club are already regretting his actions .  
              Truth be told, Adebayo was a bad face of Africa on Saturday, he was just unrefined and uncouthed. He was
              completely bereft of class and needs to applogise. Lets he thinks he is a superstar, he is not there yet,
              he is definetely not yet a Henry or Kanu. and if he continues like this, I am afraid he will never be there.
             His journey to the ground will be much faster than his rise. The oracle has spoken.
Who dash you oracle?If you be oracle for your village,u suppose know say local champion no dey shine for here.
you're saying it's proper to insult a player's relatives in a racist way?And it's ok to ignore such comments.
You bring up Eto'o.He once danced like a monkey after scoring when he was taunted by opposing fans with monkey noises.any comments?
And get your english correct.He didn't taunt your fans.He just scored and ran over to pose in front of you.No dance,no jig.
If Adebayor is a bad face of africa,that's your problem.
When you get to realise that he was being poorly treated by you arsenal fans,then you'll understand why he raced faster than usain Bolt to celebrate.
And trust your fellow hooligans to turn eastlands to Onikan stadium.naturally,i don't expect you or your fellow touts to say that throwing missiles to the pitch was wrong,because you'll never see anything wrong in it.
But like I said,Arsenal fans are just hypocritical.Always playing ostrich.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Oluschenco(m): 11:39am On Sep 15, 2009
Arsenal should have prepared well for him, lets pray that Man U and Real Madrid also meet and see if C. Ronaldo won't net a goal
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nezan(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by opad(m): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2009
Who knows why wenger substituted SONG? Cos he saw the possibility of a RED card on the harsh tackle on Adebayo.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2009
FBS:

YES BAN HIM. Are you happy now? grin

Any points awarded for that?
No be me go ban am
It's the FA in England grin
Sometimes I feel sorry for the Togonator.
Yorubas say 'Ko l'eran ife l'ara'- 'E no get love attraction for body"(I hope the translation is right)
Fans hate him, Ex-team mates don't like him, Africans don't think much of him,FA despise him grin grin
he has friends though on NL grin
You guys can ring him up and say hi.
Emmanuel,clean up your act and the sky is the limit.
Concentrate on your footie career and leave all the side distractions. grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by DrKitaun(m): 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2009
grin  grin  grin

una no dey tire ?

Ade kicked RVP . . . so ?

He kicked Song . . .who paid for it ?

Bendtner tried hard to kick Ade to no effect . . . shocked

Diaby almost took out Steinsson finally, did the heavens fall ?

Ade kicked Cesc and so ? has that stopped their friendship  . . .u berra go and ask  grin

all these okpata wey una dey yarn here no mean anything . . .

IT WAS A EFFING GRUDGE MATCH, AND IT LIVED TO ITS BILLINGS !!!

Ade was playing out a script and he outdid himself, to boot he scored and made some good clearances . . .

who betrayed who ? maybe RVP, maybe ADE, but I know they are friends so why did RVP after the match issue that statement of Ade being classless ? does that answer why he has managed only a goal so far when Defoe is already on 5 ?

all this talk of professionalism and comportment is just plain BUNKUMERY !!!

Ade was booed, taunted and disrespected by the CLASSLESS fans, but doesnt that just about tell all of us that THERE ARE STILL SOME CLASSY FANS SOMEWHERE/EVERYWHERE ?

abeg make we allow all these issues die abeg . . . Arsenal should be frying bigger fish than excerbating this matter !!!

If Toure could claim that his same homeboys shunned him in the tunnel but played to the gallery greeting him outside, LET THE PLAYERS INVOLVED COME OUT AND DISPUTE IT !!!  cool

AM A DISAPPOINTED ARSENAL FAN RIGHT NOW !!!  cry  cry
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by sammytb(m): 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2009
UPPPP Ade,, guys let him be, uno does so called arsenal also sold him. So he's trying to do repay them 4 wat dey did to him.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by sammytb(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
I don't tink hee should be ban 4 any reason. But he could be simply because of dat rash wit rvp
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Excllncy(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
Let’s not fight, football is a game. God bless Gunners.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by theviper1: 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
@Eastbay and @proproman, i rest my case.i never complained or whined about our defeat at manc,bt what i have been saying is that ades behaviours were below par and it speaks volume about who he is.at his national team in togo,who was booeing him,eshi or the togolese? since u folks thinks that ade is the best thing since meat-pie,it shows the class that u pple belongs.so no need talking about it. the only thing that u will do though is to ask him to clean up his childish acts and the sky wll be his limit. am by no means a biased person,bt i call eveil bt its name,i stand for the truth. it is our coach AW,whos got to fix our problems,not ade. i really dont know who is pettier,ade on that match or M.Jordan on his induction into the basketball hall of fame.a lot of u that are complaining about the arsenal boeing fans are the ones that call our SE super chicken and all other fancy names for our players and coaches.in the playing days of Lucas Radebe with bafana,the they were booed and taunted so much that the guys had to come to sabc to plead with the fans.and these are citizens,not players bought with the fans contributions.what are u pple thinking men?
booeing didnt start with ade and definitely wont stop with him.the only way to answer his critics was to score against arsenal,which he did,bt cos he is low class,he had to do the childish thing.and he should stop being mad at his fellow ex-players,cos they are not the ones that sold him.fans paid to watch their players perform,if they feel that they are not getting their pounds-worth,they are to complain,bt the way and manner in which pple reacts are different.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by theviper1: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2009
name calling and booeing in english football is as old as the game itself. and dont forget that the english travelling fans are the most troublesome in the world and they go by the name of "Hooligans"

UP GUNNERS
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by qblaze(m): 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2009
Does it matter how the dude celebrated his goal?

Final Standings 2009/2010 EPL Season

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester City
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. West Ham

Hey, where's Arsenal?

9. Arsenal FC
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
Ade has been charged over the RVP incident! shocked shocked shocked

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Emmanuel-Adebayor-Of-Manchester-City-On-Double-FA-Charge-After-Incidents-During-Arsenal-Game/Article/200909315382023

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has been charged by the FA with violent and improper conduct following incidents in the game against Arsenal on Saturday.

The Togo striker was a Gunners favourite before controversially quitting the club in the summer for a fee of more than £25m.

The first clash with his old employers saw him catch Arsenal forward Robin van Persie in the face with his boot, leaving the Holland star bleeding from a gash near his eye.

Adebayor also ran the length of the pitch to celebrate after scoring a header during his new club's 4-2 victory.

He is facing a three-match ban for violent conduct plus additional punishment for the goal celebration, which sent the away fans wild with rage.

"Adebayor has been charged with violent conduct following an incident with Robin van Persie, which resulted in the Arsenal player receiving facial injuries," said a statement from the FA.

"Referee Mark Clattenburg has advised the FA that he did not see this incident, but has confirmed that had he done so, he would have sent Adebayor off for violent conduct. tongue
"The player has until 6pm on Wednesday evening to respond to the charge.

"Adebayor has also been charged with improper conduct following his actions when turning and running the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal supporters after scoring.

"Greater Manchester Police have written to the FA with their views on this incident.

"A separate date will now be arranged for a commission to consider Adebayor's goal celebration."
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by oshyno(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2009
Bible talk say wetin u no like make anoda person do to u, dont do it to him.
Arsenal fans read ur Bible.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by akym(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
waytin we do am PASTOR oshyno
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by biina: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
All these arsenal fans wey dey shout for ban, una just dey put una sef for rack, cos whether dem ban Ade or not, im go still play for the return leg and go show una fire again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue / FA Cup: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 28th January 2012 / Manchester City Vs Atlanta: UCL (5 - 1) On 22nd October 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.