Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy (12501 Views)

Tottenham Hotspurs Footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gives Away Expensive Shoes / Mirko Vucinic's Strange Goal Celebration / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by eddiebomba(m): 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2009
fuke i agree with u 100% - as far as this matter is concerned, the simple truth is adebayor was FOOLISH!! i m an arsenal fan, but no amount of loyalty to my team will make me not tell the truth about what goes on both onand off the football pitch. I'm not too pained about the result-man city won fair and square, though its not fatal to arsenal's title hopes-but what ade did showed pride for one, and utter ingratitude to the club that gave him a springboard for the success he is now enjoying( as well as ingratitude and disrespect to AW- at least he should have avoided doin what he did for the sake of the coach who supported him all these years at the club). As for his claim that the fans provoked him to do that-there are a lot more mature ways to deal with the fans(take example from samuel eto'o a few years ago). these things happen week in, week out in football stadiums all over the world; he should have let his football do the talking, but he showed why he may not be as great as his idol Kanu: he went and spoiled a perfectly good man-of-the-match performance by inciting the arsenal fans to riot, as well as leading to the injury to a poor steward who was just doing his job and doesn't earn anywhere near the megasalary he now earns at city (that's the most incriminating part for me). Add this to his malicious stamps on RVP and cesc, and you can understand why gunner fans are livid. True, he apologised afterward, and i for one forgive him-but the overwhelming majority of Arsenal fans won't be so gracious. If he thinks what he got at the eastlands was bad,he had better get his mind prepared, cos if mark hughes is brave enough to play him at the return leg at the emirates, it'll be just a drop in the bucket!!My advice to him is simple: BETTER WISE UP!!!
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by DrKitaun(m): 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2009
eddiebomba:

fuke i agree with u 100% - as far as this matter is concerned, the simple truth is adebayor was FOOLISH!! i m an arsenal fan, but no amount of loyalty to my team will make me not tell the truth about what goes on both onand off the football pitch. I'm not too pained about the result-man city won fair and square, though its not fatal to arsenal's title hopes-but what ade did showed pride for one, and utter ingratitude to the club that gave him a springboard for the success he is now enjoying( as well as ingratitude and disrespect to AW- at least he should have avoided doin what he did for the sake of the coach who supported him all these years at the club). As for his claim that the fans provoked him to do that-there are a lot more mature ways to deal with the fans(take example from samuel eto'o a few years ago). these things happen week in, week out in football stadiums all over the world; he should have let his football do the talking, but he showed why he may not be as great as his idol Kanu: he went and spoiled a perfectly good man-of-the-match performance by inciting the arsenal fans to riot, as well as leading to the injury to a poor steward who was just doing his job and doesn't earn anywhere near the megasalary he now earns at city (that's the most incriminating part for me). Add this to his malicious stamps on RVP and cesc, and you can understand why gunner fans are livid. True, he apologised afterward, and i for one forgive him-but the overwhelming majority of Arsenal fans won't be so gracious. If he thinks what he got at the eastlands was bad,he had better get his mind prepared, cos if mark hughes is brave enough to play him at the return leg at the emirates, it'll be just a drop in the bucket!!My advice to him is simple: BETTER WISE UP!!!

now that u have got this off ur chest, feel any better now ? undecided grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by chidichris(m): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2009

@eddiebomba,
as an arsenal fan, you are right. but when it comes to;; HE WHO HAS NOT COMMITTED THIS TYPE OF CRIME BEFORE? LET HIM BE THE FIRST TO CAST HIS STONE? no one will show up.
what was van persie's celebration in that match when he scored? find out what henry's celebration was in 2002 against the spurs. it is just the same but there was no such aarm all over the world. because of a single winning, arsenal, wenger and all their fans have totally transfered all their generational problems to adebayor.
it is even now that they are tell us that adebayor stole playing boots while he was their player.
my question is, who sold adebayor?
can't u guys pick up ur pieces and go ahead with ur normal life.
in the case against van persie, ade was at fault but a closer look at the incident shows the intents in ven persie which means provokation.
i think the best thing will be for wenger to look for quality players to help the team instead of boring the whole football world with his unending excuses ranging from football antics and adebayor's celebration.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2009
Funny this trend hasn't come to an end. Adebayour has moved
on as well as Arsenal. All over Europe different people are coming
with different opinions. Some in support and some against it. I think
it should just come to an end.

Why bother yourselves. Arsenal has scored the most goals so
far this season without him. Adebayor is talking about coming back
stronger, Van persie is talking about getting on scoresheets, Wenger
is talking about rehabilating his wounded players. The FA's are busy looking
to implement regulations limiting the transfers of players.

It's not about quality players in the EPL no more. My advice to Arsenal is just to
get more involved in football politics before it eats them up.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by GeorgeD1(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2009
even with the most goals, where are they on the table?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2009
I aint talking about standings or form. Even if I have to, it's not
gon be about the EPL. It could have counted for Liverpool that
went the whole season without an home loss and so many goals
if they had an home advantage of biased refereeing, crooked penalties,
unwarranted free-kicks and extra time within extra time when
it's obvious they've lost control of the game.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by GeorgeD1(m): 8:52am On Oct 02, 2009
losers will always have something to complain about grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2009
What did you expect? tongue
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by GeorgeD1(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2009
**winks grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Women's Champions League Final: Chelsea Vs Barcelona Today At 8pm / Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue / FA Cup: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 28th January 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.