Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy (12500 Views)

Tottenham Hotspurs Footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gives Away Expensive Shoes / Mirko Vucinic's Strange Goal Celebration / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by FBS: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2009
Kai na wa o! una want make I talk abi. Mr eerm. . .what is your name? fuke?
Hereby your answers since you asked for it.
fuke:

@ FBS, @ kaecy
I[b] never wished Adebayo bad.[/b] It was just an advice from exprience.  When people bite
the fingers that fed them, more usually than not, they end  up in disaster.
 Liar. You made this statement or didnt you?

fuke]His journey to the ground will be much faster than his rise. The oracle has spoken.
[/quote]

Does that sound like a prayer to you?
Listen you have no moral stand to dictate how Ade should behave. You are not in his shoes, you don't know what he went through. It is right for those useless fans to call his mother a LovePeddler but wrong for him to celebrate a beautiful header of a goal? What the heck is wrong in that?
Arsenal bought him for peanuts but sold him for millions. How else do you want him to repay them back?
According to Kolo, it was the club that decided to sell him (Ade) because they needed the money.

[quote author=fuke:

Now, ask yourselves this question,  why would all Arsenal players and fans applaud Kolo
                        and booe Adebayo? Kanu would never score a goal against Asenal and celebrate it as Adebayo
                        did. AW had been nice to both of them. This is my point.
How can you compare Kanu and Ade? Was Kanu booed like Ade? Was Kolo booed?
Have you seen how Eto'o reacted when he was abused in Spain. Oh my, he even threatened to leave the effing pitch. It took the intervention of Manager (Frank R) and team mates to restore order. That he (Ade) played for arsenal before has no bearing. A player was abused by a set of fans. . .this same player scored and celebrated right in front of them. End of story.

fuke:

I am not bothered much about the tackles on the field, Adebayo is big enough to defend
himsellf  but to kick a fellow footballer on the cheek (not tackle mind you)
                        as Adebayo did, was animalistic. You do not hit a man on the ground.

Are you also aware that he apologised twice something Mr HNIC says he shouldn't have done because he (HNIC) thinks he (Ade) is guilty by saying sorry. What sort of logic is that?
RVP-racist a former team mate, instead of taking the matter straight to Ade choose to make a statement about it but failed woefully to see that he committed about the same "crime". Tell me who lacks class?
It was right for RVP-mumu to use swear words at opposing fans?
If at all, both players should be face the music. They were both wrong as regards the tackle.
fuke:

The problem with you football  fanatics is that you think everybody who condems
                        Adebayo must be an Arsenal  fan.I enjoy football but cannot murder objectivity for club loyalty.
                        My first son is a Chlsea guy to  the core and he says Adebayos action was improper and against fair play.
                        That is beign objective.
You see, the way people like you generalize people into one pack and label us "fanatics" is appalling. Why don't you to think a little and I promise you, it won't do no harm. In your mind now you feel as though you have spoken wisely and objectively? Because your son says Ade did wrongly does not mean he is objective. There are lots of folks out there (even Arsenal fans) who think just the opposite. Are you saying that you are wiser than them or that you are the epitome of objectivity. What are you saying sef?

fuke:

Now I ask you both, why do footballers play the ball out when an opposing player is on
                        the floor and the other side throws the ball to the guys team mates. Fairness, polish, refinement,
                        sportsmanlike. There are some standards expected of a star like Adebayo but which he fell far
                        below on Saturday. On  that saturday Adebayo behaved very ungentlemanly and if he does not apologise
                        profusely especially to AW who gave him the stage to act, he deserves to be called  monkey for
                       the rest of his life
.  I rest my case. 
There you go again. Just what would have happened if you were a god? You decide how he should be punished? A player celebrates a goal, therefore he deserves to be called a monkey for the rest of his life?
Dear Lord, save us from people like this.
Just to let you know. He apologised twice. What else do you want?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by biina: 11:13am On Sep 16, 2009
Sportsmanship? no be the same RVP kick the ball out Citeh keeper hand last season, all in a failed bid to score? undecided
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 16, 2009
HNiC,
You must be drunk on your falsehood.
neville was NEVER banned.
show me a link that he was,cus telegraph is as authentic a source as any in the world.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by pumbaa: 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
So bloody what if Adebayor scores a beautiful goal and goes to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans?

They told him to get lost and he was telling them to eat shit!

All's fair. As for the stamping on Van Persie, I did not watch the match but a couple of peeps who did said it was deliberate.
He should be punished for that.

Scoring against Arsenal in a match his club eventually won was enough poetic justice.

He should not have injured Van Persie. Period. smiley
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
;d
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Sauron1: 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2009
I can't believe Arsenal fans are still after Adebayor's blood.

The Togolese just wants to dance.

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Borat1: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
Why do i have a feeling that Ade's stamping of RVP was justified? I dont think for any reason ade will stamp on fabregas or walcott or any other team mate like that. RVP is known for dispute with his teammates, both at arsenal and in the dutch team. Just as ade's celebration was premeditated by stupid fans giving stick, his stamp on van persie must've been due the latters notorious character.
His head should have been mashed into the pitch, Idiot!
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2009
With almost 180grand per week, H.O.V.A was right when
he said "You can pay for school but you can't buy class".
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Krayola2(m): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2009
~Borat~:

Why do i have a feeling that Ade's stamping of RVP was justified? I dont think for any reason ade will stamp on fabregas or walcott or any other team mate like that. RVP is known for dispute with his teammates, both at arsenal and in the dutch team. Just as ade's celebration was premeditated by stupid fans giving stick, his stamp on van persie must've been due the latters notorious character.
His head should have been mashed into the pitch, Idiot!

hahaha. U are a legend!!
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dayokanu(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
With almost 180grand per week, H.O.V.A was right when
he said "You can pay for school but you can't buy class".

Tell me the classy GAYYners who bring bananas to the field, or Van Rapist who uses swear words at fans
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by mystikal(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
Adebayor is just a bitter man.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Redman2: 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2009
Up ade. keep it up
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by GeorgeD1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
have they fined him yet? grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by sayso: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
george they just chared him for violent conduct on VP but have not decided on the fan celebration
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2009
He had the right to do what he did!
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2009
If all footballers have the right, shocked
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by GeorgeD1(m): 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2009
sayso:

george they just chared him for violent conduct on VP but have not decided on the fan celebration

ok. maybe they should decide quickly and fine him big! grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by bravado: 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2009
Wat Adebaboy did to RVP was wrong, But he RVP started it first when he wanted to ruin his carreer in that same match.
Concerning the fans, I do not see anytin wrong in his celebration, when Arshavin score Man United the previous game, he told MAN U fan to shut up with his finger on his lips.Wat would u call that.
Sum peeps here are saying Arsenal Made Adebayo, This is a big Lie, He was a very good player before AW bought him.
He has been good all through his game. I like his way of playing,sumtines he makes mistake but no one is perfect.

All ya Arsenal fans, should try and look for MONEY to buy good players and stop wasting MONEY on Injured players.
Your coach should calculate all the amount he spent last season on all ya injured players, he would have use those amount to scout for some old players and matured players from Eyimba, Kano Pillars and others.
If you want to win trophies spend good money to buy quality players .
AW should stop consoling himself with Emirate cup.

My thought
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by mystikal(m): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2009
my friend, if arsenal didnt buy Adebayor, he would still have been languishing in the french league,none of the top european teams would have gambled on him at that point in his career. but that aside he is a great player.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Krayola2(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2009
mystikal:

my friend, if arsenal didnt buy Adebayor, he would still have been languishing in the french league,none of the top european teams would have gambled on him at that point in his career.

The same can be said for a lot of great players.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2009
sayso:

Manchester City will not appeal the violent conduct charge handed down to striker Emmanuel Adebayor by the Football Association for his stamp on Robin van Persie during last Saturday's 4-2 victory over Arsenal.

The Togolese striker will receive a three-match ban for his actions.[i][/i]

City have released an official statement on their decision to accept the punishment, via their website: "Both the club and Emmanuel Adebayor have reluctantly accepted the violent conduct charge laid by the Football Association in the wake of the victory over Arsenal.

However, the club may ask for a separate hearing to dispute the charge of improper conduct over Adebayor's goal celebration. The FA has asked a special commission to look into Adebayor's celebration and its aftermath. [i][/i]The Greater Manchester police have also joined in the investigation.

Adebayor will now miss Sunday's anticipated visit to Manchester United, further depleting City's attack. Robinho, Roque Santa Cruz and Benjani Mwaruwari are all injured and Carlos Tevez is rated extremely doubtful to face his old club.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by biina: 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2009
mystikal:

my friend, if arsenal didnt buy Adebayor, he would still have been languishing in the french league,none of the top european teams would have gambled on him at that point in his career. but that aside he is a great player.
so he needs to join a top european team at 22 to become successful? undecided
If Arsenal didnt buy him, he would have gotten better and eventually moved to another club.
But all that one na tales by moonlight.  Arsenal bought him because he was good value for their money, and they sold him when they deemed fit to cash in on his value. Ade doesn't owe them anything more than scoring against arsenal and helping his new club kick their butts (both literally and metaphorically) at every opportunity he gets.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by theviper1: 2:11am On Sep 17, 2009
suddenly adebayor has become the greatest footballer on earth just because he scored against arsenal. we scored 3 goals in belgium this evening and ade was not there.he wont be playing in the champion league this season or next.he has gotten the money that he is looking for,let him sit there. bt pple,u can drop ur hatred for arsenal,open ur eyes and hearts and see that ades behaviours were both wrong and bad, even his club saw that as well and he will cost them 9 points now.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by sayso: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2009
am sorry forAde cause he has not been trained in terms of behavior at MC,he has that stupid act in him,remember his rant on our own SK when he was Togo national team coach,it was because of Ade that SK was sack from that job.But in England now he is dealing with a welsh man and Bellamy in that team,he will get it hot.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by saworoide: 10:57am On Sep 17, 2009
Man City has "reluctantly" accepted the charge because they knew they have no case. That stamp was wrong; appealing the decision will make it a 4-match ban.

As for the goal celebration, Ade should grow up above these petty issues. Teves will be playing against Man U soon and I don’t think he will be right to go and taunt Ferguson if he scores against Man U despite the way he was treated. Ade is not the 1st player to be booed by former club and won't be the last. It is a price you pay for stardom.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by opad(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2009
Make una leave dis guy now
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by md4real(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2009
i dont know why arsenal fan are feeling real bad? they should understand that ade's behaviour is a price to pay for greed and seeling of your players to any how club. just imagine a team buying players like royco (3 for 5 naira) and selling at exorbitant price, they have not seen anything yet.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2009
and your point is?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by lyteyrs(m): 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2009
guys guys ade did the right thing , this young lad was pressured out of arsennal even though he never wanted to leave he saw this manchester city and arsenal match as an chance to repay arsenal fans and coach who send that they need adebayor to prove his worth . arsenal fans should seat up and see the light that they we continue to be lossers until they are ready to play football the it's should be played no wonder a manchester united player called them babes.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by biina: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2009
Even if dem ban am for life, it was so worth it
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by biina: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2009
Premier League Pest Control: Stamping Out Weasels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Women's Champions League Final: Chelsea Vs Barcelona Today At 8pm / Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue / FA Cup: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 28th January 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.