Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy (12504 Views)

Tottenham Hotspurs Footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gives Away Expensive Shoes / Mirko Vucinic's Strange Goal Celebration / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
Your comedian F.A will never arrange their final table like that. Well just reading this
[i][/i]
"Referee Mark Clattenburg has advised The FA that he did not see this incident, but has confirmed that had he done so, he would have sent Adebayor off for violent conduct. The player has until 6pm on Wednesday evening to respond to the charge."

The Togolese striker is also facing a charge of improper conduct, for sprinting 90 metres to taunt Arsenal's fans after scoring City's third goal in the Eastlands win. This caused outrage in the away section, with a steward being knocked unconscious in the ensuing melee in the stand.

"The Greater Manchester Police (GMP) have written to The FA with their views on this incident. A separate date will now be arranged for a commission to consider Adebayor's goal celebration.

"We have also asked the GMP and the clubs to identify those supporters involved in any violent and aggravating behaviour. The FA would like to see anyone found guilty of such behaviour face action through the legal system and banning orders from football.

That Adebayour is just another stupid African[s][/s]
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Krayola2(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
Nothing will happen to Adebayor. He will play this weekend. cool

*ghetto cuban accent* We call our lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami london. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, Wenger gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm. grin grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by darqly(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
That has to be one of the raciest, zaniest goal celebration in recent times grin
I don't fancy Ade but I don't fancy Whinger either, as a matter of fact, I don't fancy Gunners AT ALL tongue
So, the moral of the story? Once an agbero, always an Agbero. Doesn't matter if you play for gooners or city.
Whether or not he gets a ban, the derby at Old trafford is going to be a ROAST!

There's only one UTD wink
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by GeorgeD1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2009
make dem fine dat bobo well. him own sef too much! tongue
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Krayola2(m): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2009
Arab money. for Abu Dhabi, nothin like credit crunch, nothin like recession . . .  grin grin

Manchester united will jegba, with or without Adebayor  cool
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dayokanu(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
Gooooo ADEBAYOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by GeorgeD1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
adebayor should cool his heels on the bench for at least 4 mathes! grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Meldrick(m): 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2009
Adebayor did what most players will do. He is human and for the fact that he was playing against his fomer club, he must be eager to score. It is human. Jubilating in front of the fans his former clubs fans is also what any player could have done including Fabregas. Why the crucifiction? It won't bea surprise if Man city takes Arsenal's positon in the big four.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2009
Adebayorr is right in everyway
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
Viper,
Throwing things to the pitch which is equal to hooliganism,hasn't been part of the English game.That's where you miss the boat
If he (ade-who by the way,sucks,as I have knocked him severally,so get that fact straight) was largely ignored,by your fellow hooligans,this whole hoolabaloo wouldn't have erupted.
Thing is,if you call him low-rate,why make him important by booing him in a despicable manner?It means he is important,but as in 90% of all cases,player who leave Arsenal mostly leave in acrimonious circumstances,both with the manager and the fans,that's why you people are not smart enough to ignore him and make him feel irrelevant by ignoring him.
So it's not  a surprise that people like you and most of your fellow gunners fail to see the wrong in the role your fans played in the whole episode.It takes two to tango.If Ade is low-class,then by inference,since he has issues with the fans,gunner's supporters are low-class too.
Point of correction:MJ was not petty.He got emotional at his HOF.I wonder where you're going with that analogy.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by sley4life(m): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2009
pathetic arsenal fans. When they booed Adebayo they didnt know, Even if the FA ban adebayo, it wont matter as adebayo have paid wenger the price for underating his abilities
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by fuke(m): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ FBS, @ kaecy

I never wished Adebayo bad. It was just an advice from exprience.  When people bite
                       the fingers that fed them, more usually than not, they end  up in disaster.

Now, ask yourselves this question,  why would all Arsenal players and fans applaud Kolo
                       and booe Adebayo? Kanu would never score a goal against Asenal and celebrate it as Adebayo
                       did. AW had been nice to both of them. This is my point.

I am not bothered much about the tackles on the field, Adebayo is big enough to defend
                       himsellf  but to kick a fellow footballer on the cheek (not tackle mind you)
                       as Adebayo did, was animalistic. You do not hit a man on the ground.

The problem with you football  fanatics is that you think everybody who condems
                       Adebayo must be an Arsenal  fan.I enjoy football but cannot murder objectivity for club loyalty.
                       My first son is a Chlsea guy to  the core and he says Adebayos action was improper and against fair play.
                       That is beign objective.

Now I ask you both, why do footballers play the ball out when an opposing player is on
                       the floor and the other side throws the ball to the guys team mates. Fairness, polish, refinement,
                       sportsmanlike. There are some standards expected of a star like Adebayo but which he fell far
                       below on Saturday. On  that saturday Adebayo behaved very ungentlemanly and if he does not apologise
                       profusely especially to AW who gave him the stage to act, he deserves to be called  monkey for
                      the rest of his life.  I rest my case.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Krayola2(m): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2009
How was AW "nice" to them. U guys need to stop treating Wenger like God.

Adebayor was abused and treated like a slave at Arsenal. He isnt the 1st player that has flirted with other teams. It is what every player that feels he is worth more money does every transfer season. It isnt anything new. Arsenal fans just think because Adebayor is a togolese boy with bad grammar he shouldn't make more money than their fathers. It is reverse racism and it is shameful.

[size=16pt]AFRICAN GOONERS ARE RACIST AGAINST THEIR OWN KIND!! E GBA MI O!![/size]  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So so sad  grin grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
Krayola2:

How was AW "nice" to them. U guys need to stop treating Wenger like God.

Adebayor was abused and treated like a slave at Arsenal. He isnt the 1st player that has flirted with other teams. It is what every player that feels he is worth more money does every transfer season. It isnt anything new. Arsenal fans just think because Adebayor is a togolese boy with bad grammar he shouldn't make more money than their fathers. It is reverse racism and it is shameful.

[size=16pt]AFRICAN GOONERS ARE RACIST AGAINST THEIR OWN KIND!! E GBAMI MI O!![/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So so sad grin grin
Well said,mate!
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by chic2pimp(m): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2009
Krayola2:

Arsenal fans just think because Adebayor is a togolese boy with bad grammar he shouldn't make more money than their fathers. It is reverse racism and it is shameful.

Assnal fans don't let dis guy off the hook. He is clearly yabbing your parents cool.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Krayola2(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

Assnal fans don't let dis guy off the hook. He is clearly yabbing your parents cool.

omo, ADebayor makes more money than my whole family, extended sef. . . thats just the fact of the matter. the rest na story  grin grin

How much dem dey pay u for burger king sef?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by chic2pimp(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2009
Krayola2:

omo, ADebayor makes more money than my whole family, extended sef. . . thats just the fact of the matter. the rest na story grin grin

How much dem dey pay u for burger king sef?
More than the amount u get paid for working double shifts @ Mc D's I can assure u of dat cool
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
HNIC,
Ain't apologising sh&t to ya,cus, your statement on Gary Neville was false.
Gary was fined 5000 pounds for his celebration at OT vs Liverpool 05/06.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6187489/Top-10-provocative-football-moments.html
If you're drawing any reference to that,then Ade should be fined,not banned.
stop spreading falsehood,ok?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
shocked
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by davidif: 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
adebayor's the man.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by GeorgeD1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2009
adebayooooooooor grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by theviper1: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2009
mr eastbay,correct me if am wrong.emotion is when u cant find enough words to express the joy in you and probably break down crying while pettiness is when u fail to live up to an adult standard and choose childish ways.MJ wasnt emotional,he was petty cos instead of acknowledging all the pple that made him what he is today,he choose rather to beret everyone who offended him even in his rookies years forgetting the ones that he offended.even the Byron Russel incident that was very insignificant,he had to bring it up.that was exactly what adekid did,he quickly forgot all the fond memories that he had at arsenal and resorted to pettiness.he started with the pre-game interview. now i raised a lot of questions about ade,bt u failed to answer or address them,rather u were simply harping on your hatred for arsenal fans. now the FA have decided to charge even the arsenal fans who hurled in the chairs and stuff.and we are talking about banning the fans here as well. all because ade refused to be professional and rather allow his vain ego and selfishness gets in the way of a fine game which they won square and fair.i asked once again,why was it ade that was the bootleneck at the togolese national team with keshi? i never said that the fans did the right thing,and ade would have ignored them and report them to the authorities,bt he choose to join issues with the fans.a couple of fans will be punished and that wont be any problem to the team,bt his banning (which is sure to happen) will cost his team a lot.i also learn that his team may likely fine him to the tune of 200,000 pounds.is he sure to hit the same game level that he is now when he comes bck from 3-4 weeks of ban?
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by baslone: 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2009
[b]Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted his shock at the
animosity displayed by his former player Emmanuel Adebayor in
last Saturday's now-infamous match between the Gunners and
Manchester City in which the Togolese forward kicked Robin van
Persie in the face and then rushed the length of the Eastlands to
taunt his former supporters upon scoring.

The 25-year-old has been charged with violent conduct and misconduct for his actions and now awaits an FA verdict as to the severity of his punishment.

"My thought is that Emmanuel Adebayor deserves to be charged for
what he did,'' said Wenger as he spoke to the media ahead of Wednesday
night's Champions League Group H opener against Standard Liege in Belgium.

"But I was surprised that there was such animosity in his attitude towards
Arsenal because in a few years he will realise that Arsenal has been great
for him. That is why I was deeply surprised and shocked.''

Wenger, who plucked Adebayor from relative obscurity in Monaco, sold his star
striker to the blue half of Manchester for £25 million following a season marred
by conflicts within the team, flirtations with AC Milan and Barcelona and a disappointing goal return .

"Only he can say if he will regret leaving. All I can say is that is life and
professional football players move on. In life, the goal is to be objective
enough in seeing who helped you and who didn't help you, who had a
positive influence on you or not.

"You can sometimes be disappointed in the short term. But still I believe
that when you take distance with the events, you always get to the right
judgment. I think the longer distance will make Adebayor realise that Arsenal
was a very positive influence in his life.''

Adebayor has found the net four times in as many games for the Citizens,
leading them to four consecutive victories. Thanks to his unsporting behaviour
on Saturday, he is sure to miss out on Sunday's Manchester derby at Old Trafford[/b][/i][i]
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
Story Story. Can someone please tell him what his[b] running time [/b] was for the whole 100 yards. Usain Bolt aint got nuttin on[b] Adebayour [/b] men. He ran as if the Nigeria Police was about to catch him for street trading. That has to be the Best Celebration i have seen in my life. They booed him throughout the game and he scored in their face. EAT SHIT ARSENAL
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by Borat1: 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2009
If they want to ban Ade for stamping on Vampire (although i really dont know why he'd want to do that) then they should ban him, but for Bleep sake i cant really get my head round the british media ranting about him[b]'running the whole length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the arsenal fans'[/b]
Did they want him to somersault across?Are they trying to say if Ade had scored in the first half and just strolled to the gunner fans section to celebrate, it would not have been deemed inappropriate? Abeg leave Ade jor. . .What Nonsense! angry
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by presido1: 12:09am On Sep 16, 2009
If not for Ade's dumb head he could have claimed that he ran to celebrate in front of his own fans. As u can see from the picture both fans are separated by the police. But he is too dumb like Arsenal fans to think that way.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by A40(m): 12:32am On Sep 16, 2009
Ohh there is even a designated thread for this ish shocked shocked. . .Hahaha i even went to Yahoo and Emmanuel Adebayor was No1 in the top 10 searches 2 days back (if you believe that you can believe anything)

Abeg they should ban Adebayor after the Man U game and not before! lets see how Utd fans would react when Ade stomps Rooney in the nuts
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by rasputinn(m): 7:07am On Sep 16, 2009
[img][/img]
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by biina: 7:10am On Sep 16, 2009
Wenger should shut his trap. Whatever Ade might have owed Arsenal, Man City overpaid them for it.
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by dayokanu(m): 7:26am On Sep 16, 2009
Adebayooorrrr made himself through hard work.

Suprising Wengay is not laying claims to Owusu Abeyie and Arturo Lupoli but to Adebayoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 9:30am On Sep 16, 2009
dayokanu:

Adebayooorrrr made himself through hard work.

Suprising Wengay is not laying claims to Owusu Abeyie and Arturo Lupoli but to Adebayoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrr
Yeah, Adebayor worked so hard.
He was already a household name at Monaco before coming to Arsenal
Can't you remember, that he was named African footballer of the year and made top 50 in europe when he was at the principality.?
I remember him being top scorer in france in all the seasons he spent there, that we questioned Monaco's sanity for letting him go for just around 3 million pounds in January 2006.!
Sometimes, I wonder, if you check up on what you have written to see if it agrees with common sense before clicking on reply grin
Re: Adebayor Celebration Courts Controversy by HNIC(m): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2009
Eastbay:

HNIC,
Ain't apologising sh&t to ya,cus, your statement on Gary Neville was false.
Gary was fined 5000 pounds for his celebration at OT vs Liverpool 05/06.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6187489/Top-10-provocative-football-moments.html
If you're drawing any reference to that,then Ade should be fined,not banned.
stop spreading falsehood,ok?
Let it rest.
Neville was fined and banned.
telegraph goofed just like u did. grin
Have you ever seen me advocating for Ade to be banned for his goal celebrations?
The celebration showed lack of class,simple!
He should be banned for his stamp on RVP!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue / FA Cup: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 28th January 2012 / Manchester City Vs Atlanta: UCL (5 - 1) On 22nd October 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.