Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? (29762 Views)

Can A Girl And A Boy Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love With Each Other? / Port Harcourt Big Boy Be Like....(pics) / Who Deserve To Say Thank You Between The Girl Or Boy?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Whenever she's ripe enough.... provided i'm introduced to the bf (I go mark am like wia Pepe de mark messi)
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by pressplay411(m): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
This is Africa, 9ja to be precise. She better keep that relationship a secret until she's ready 4 marriage. For a guy on the otherhand it's a rite of passage. grin
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by olagold79: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
prinsam30:
Why on earth would they be in a relationship in the first place.

Go to school, go to college, grad with a good grade, get a nice job with good pay, choose from one these broken relationships, mend it, make a perfect one out of it and enjoy your self then I will consider you eligible to be in a relationship on that very age you are ready

very funny MEND ko...Avenge niii. I have my original girl since we were 18, wea re both original...I don't know of any other person who followed all the process you outlined has done better than us because of that. I was in 100level ,She was about getting admission. She graduated top of her class with distinction in Architecture, there were 40 something guys in that class, my result never came down all those years. I am now doing my Msc in Europe and she has joined me a year afterwards. No matter the age if your relationship is a disadvantage to your destiny then it is not right, I have seen people who have made everything and they wanted to "rest" in a good marriage which simply ruined everything they have worked all their lives for. I know at least 4 cases. Thank God I never had a parent who propagates this theory of " do everything first then find a good relationship". I did everything simultaneously n I am more than happy. I have become so arrogant that I can't even imagine been with a girl that has spent a considerable part of her lif with another man before coming to me.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by skyro(m): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
Op 3years. bcus u don't hv sense. Asking doll question.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
Relationship doesn't mean sex
13yo kids can be in relationships where all they do is just talk and smile and send letters lol
Their parents should be in on it
As for sex and other stuff like that the legal age for consent in Nigeria is 18
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
truth12:
YOUR OPINION GUYS!!

15years !
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Emmahunk(m): 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
Your question to me has two angles to it.
In an ideal situation, age 18 which is the acceptable age of adulthood in most civilized Nations, Nigeria inclusive.
Secondis a situation where the children fend for themselves. In this situation who sets the rules? Answer is no one. Societal influence and need for daily bread set the rules.
For instance many girls of 14 and 15 years of age in places like Warri and most parts of the Northern States are already mothers.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
Oops it's not Nigeria if na naija wey we dey no age at all, I even hear one time when oga buhari don win election dem pass bill say 13yrs can have sex. Remaining small even 5 yrs fit dey relationship for naija oo
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by orimion(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
the age boys/girls should start a relationship is a matter for another discussion(this has nothing to do with age at all). But the age THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED to is I believe 18yrs. So when a boy/girl is under 18, no matter how mature he/she shouldn't be allowed to be in a relationship.

TLDR: relationship till 18years should be a function of age, 18years and above a function of maturity.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
Look at u'all. i dated a girl when i was in my final yr at primary skul (11 yrs) and d girl was like 12 yrs(jss2).. No be childplay oo we kiss n smooch lik madt.na only her punnany i no reach. .inshort dat 16 2mush nau..
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by prinsam30: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
olagold79:

very funny MEND ko...Avenge niii. I have my original girl since we were 18, wea re both original...I don't know of any other person who followed all the process you outlined has done better than us because of that. I was in 100level ,She was about getting admission. She graduated top of her class with distinction in Architecture, there were 40 something guys in that class, my result never came down all those years. I am now doing my Msc in Europe and she has joined me a year afterwards. No matter the age if your relationship is a disadvantage to your destiny then it is not right, I have seen people who have made everything and they wanted to "rest" in a good marriage which simply ruined everything they have worked all their lives for. I know at least 4 cases. Thank God I never had a parent who propagates this theory of " do everything first then find a good relationship". I did everything simultaneously n I am more than happy. I have become so arrogant that I can't even imagine been with a girl that has spent a considerable part of her lif with another man before coming to me.

Congratulations bro, you deserve a very big award, abeg three bottles of Origi for this young man

2 Likes

Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by HRich(m): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
[color=#770077][/color] grin grin grin From 59 year old
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by OllieJackline(f): 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
No specific age. When the person is emotionally mature and can also handle any heart breaks or any unpleasant outcome that the relationship may produce.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by skyro(m): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
olagold79:

very funny MEND ko...Avenge niii. I have my original girl since we were 18, wea re both original...I don't know of any other person who followed all the process you outlined has done better than us because of that. I was in 100level ,She was about getting admission. She graduated top of her class with distinction in Architecture, there were 40 something guys in that class, my result never came down all those years. I am now doing my Msc in Europe and she has joined me a year afterwards.

Man, See as ur story sweet bros, nice life. Lucky rich kid. Not like some of us when one have to hustle hard, doing almost all kind of hard hustle just to train ur self in secondary school, what else after secondary? U gat to forget the uni and hustle for the money. Maybe later in our early 50s we will go to the uni things. I dread u man.

1 Like

Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by iykedare(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
halfricanadian:

No age to b sincere

Older women can flop relationships

While younger women can keep relationships

Nd sometimes its d other way around

U kno maturity is nt by age

So wenever she is ready bt i prefer 16 upward tho

16? Because you started f0rking at 16?
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Perfectionist11: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
Its just that relationships nowadays have become sumfin else..

If you find someone that cares about you,respect you,motivate ye,cheer you up when you're down & most importantly SUPPLIES YOU WITH POSITIVE ENERGY....by age 12 then you're good to go in an ideal world.

Alas..!we do not live in an ideal world..so learn how to play the game first and set yourself up to play better than anyone else..for girls nowadays ages 16,17 is ok.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by halfricanadian(f): 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
iykedare:

16? Because you started f0rking at 16?

I dont owe u an explanation do i?
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Olusola147(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
grin
EmperorLee:
It all depends..

For my kid sister - 21...

For a girl I want to date - 18...

For my daughter - undecided Until I think she is ripe for marriage lipsrsealed..

grin
EmperorLee:
It all depends..

For my daughter - undecided Until I think she is ripe for marriage lipsrsealed..

Lol....u wicked o! see as you come hold your daughter like say tomorrow no dey.Naija I hail o!
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by gbaskiboy: 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
ojun50:
Wen she started hvin air in her armpit
some get rapid growth. Some start experiencing growth of pubic hair in their private parts at tender age of 8. Should these ones too go into a relationship?

1 Like

Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by VajanahDischaj(f): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
age is just a number. a person is ripe for relationship when he/she has a high level of responsibility.

1 Like

Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
as for me both sexual and non sexual relationship can start from 17 years old
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
19 years of age is the real deal for ladies while 20 years of age for guys.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by rawpadgin(m): 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
sinaj:
was answering ur question not d op's question tongue
alright sweetie

I don't have to win every argument, u are right all along wink
sinaj:
was answering ur question not d op's question tongue
alright sweetie

I don't have to win every argument, u are right all along tongue
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by Fastpace(f): 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
For me the age i wud consent to a relationship is 18,i wud hv sex educate her and mk her understand that bn in a relationship does not mean u are already married to the person and so sex is a no no.check for silly friends.i knw d danger of early relationships, hv bn there though lucky nt to b a victim of heart break 18 is a gud tym.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by beesammy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
So far there is 'grass' on the 'field', you can play 'ball'
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by olagold79: 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
skyro:

Man, See as ur story sweet bros, nice life. Lucky rich kid. Not like some of us when one have to hustle hard, doing almost all kind of hard hustle just to train ur self in secondary school, what else after secondary? U gat to forget the uni and hustle for the money. Maybe later in our early 50s we will go to the uni things. I dread u man.

Hahha...bros, I am a complete ajepako. That is why I find the adventure so endearing to me. Infact, I lost my dad 3months to my post-UME. I met a girl in the post-UME hall at that time (immediately I stopped seeing the first girl) ,I immediately knew she was above my class.I wrote her post-UME for her n she gained admission the following year. I told her I was interested in her before I helped her write the exam n she told me to just chill. But after helping her I felt I wasn't gonna be sure maybe she loved me or was just repaying me.She was spending so much on me and always showing be off as d brilliant dude to everybody even at times when I was ashamed of the way I looked n dressed.She was really nice, very adoring, she would cook for me n all that. Remember I already wooed her and she asked for time, but I never repeated it again after doing her that favour, because I was never gonna be sure of the love.Even at the age of 17 I knew this was not the life I planned to live...I can't allow a girl spend on me n maybe keep loving me ONLY cos I am a kind of trophy to her. I made this vow when I was 14.

And that was the point I was making, most guys can't figure these things out in their 30s. I see issues people bring here n I just shake my head. It is not rocket science to know a healthy relationship.

But I waited n met the girl of my dream n I knew immediately!!!!.We both struggled together , her father was a pensioner throughout her undergrad years. Yet, she would never demand common credit card from me .she schooled in Ado while I schooled in Akure, we will contribute T fare if one of us needed to visit. She is extremely creative and can turn anything into beautiful work of art, due to her talent n her background in Arcchy. Looking at her alone is enough inspiration for me to be extremely successful , n it has spurred me into doing great things, likewise her too.I just gained a scholarship after NYSC , I didn't have a dime to come ...we found a way n here we are.

So when I read alot of derogatory stuffs about women n relationships here...I can only smh.Good women n men abound. I am not an old school, still much less than 30. It doesn't matter the age you meet the right one, hold dem cherish dem , motivate each other. I still see adults who can't even make up their mind even when the Mr/Mrs right is even struggling for their attention.....because they can't figure out the little details.They have their sights glued on completely irrelevant stuffs. And with kind of message I read here always some young ones are already filling their mind with sentiments that will never allow them have a blissful reltionship.

3 Likes

Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by pepigeorge(m): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
halfricanadian:
Wenever she is ready

Lol.....
wenever ha ppus.y is ripe and ready to be drilled
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by lielbree: 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
For a girl: when you are of age to marry and have acquired an education or skill.

For a guy : when you are of age and have a paying job.
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by lielbree: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
beesammy:
So far there is 'grass' on the 'field', you can play 'ball'
Don't be sick! I had public hair at 6 angry
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by addizzle(f): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
EmperorLee:
It all depends..

u see ur life u wanna destroy other people's daughter but want urs reserve urs... self centered fellow... winks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by flokii: 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
Depends.. 17yrs above sha
Re: At What Particular Age Should A Girl Or Boy Be Allowed To Be In A Relationship? by upsun: 9:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
Zygote stage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Ladies Are Gradually Losing / Too Much Clubbing Is Killing Me, I Need Help / Fvck MBGN. Behold The Finest Girl In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.