Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Is Bible The Word of God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible The Word of God? (12504 Views)

Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / Is Bible God/jesus Word? / Killing Children Is Bible Miracle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2006
and these would show you God already knew there'll be doubting thomases like you .
Olabowole,God is not a man.

[b]2Pe 3:3   First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

2Pe 3:4   They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

2Pe 3:5   But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.

2Pe 3:6   By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.

2Pe 3:7   By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

2Pe 3:8   But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

2Pe 3:9   The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2Pe 3:10   But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.*

2Pe 3:11   Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives

2Pe 3:12   as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.*That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

2Pe 3:13   But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

2Pe 3:14   So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him
[/b]
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: Yes. That's my final answer. Allah says in the Qur'an; Every soul shall taste death. Have you seen anyone who has never died? rs.

Yes,there is an example of a man who never tasted death in the BIble,Torah to be precise.

Gen 5:24   Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

and Olabowole,if I sounded too harsh or insulted you in anyway,I sincerely apologise.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by gbadex1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2006
@ olabs,

it's funny how u caution babyosisi not to abuse u, and call we names. Are you trying to mack on babyosisi?

Babyosisi,

Sista, i believe this playa over 'ere is trying to mack on ya. cheesy

ps: i wonder where the hell Ajisafe is.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 18, 2006
gbade. x:

Babyosisi,

Sista, i believe this playa over 'ere is trying to mack on ya. cheesy

He's been trying for a while in subtle ways.
I ain't no fool.
Olabowole,Christ still knocks at your heart and we will not give up on you.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by olabowale(m): 9:11am On Nov 18, 2006
@gbade.x: You are calling me playa? Don't be naive. If i want Babyosisi, assuming that her writing tell me anything about her, in this case so far, not, then I will go to the Igbo elders, including Chief Ojukwu. I will lobby that they extracate her from America and bring her to my doorstep, in Nigeria. If this is impossible, then when she arrive on vacation to Nigeria, the whole of Nigeria, will gather to shoplift her to me! See, gbade.x, this is impossible. She is engaged and it is in the human nature to be married and propagate the continuation of mankind in the earth. I like her as a sister in humankind, that's about it.

Whatever I want, I will like to see before I make up my mind. If I am interested in her, for real you and everyone will undoubtedly know it. I am a muslim and I will be very forward about it. Unlike the others, who will hide their true intension about love and relationship. I do not fornicate or involve in adultery! This is Islam. It is different from Arab or Yoruba culture or any other cultures.

Even though my first choice in women are Nigerians, but i am not interested in typical ethnic look. I love exotic look and I can not see it just from Babyosisi's writings. I want her to suceed in marriage and I believe she already found her match, her soul mate. I only hope for her and him all that is good. That's my story and i am sticking to it. The last sentence is a joke.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by olabowale(m): 9:40am On Nov 18, 2006
@Babyosisi: It Enoch never died, then he has one over Jesus who at least by your statement of belief had died/tasted death! So why is Enoch not cnsidered Son of God, at least in the same way as Jesus, if not higher grade? When you say he walked with God, what is that, exactly? Is it like a physical walk, like two lovers holding hands,strolling down the street or in the park, etc? What is it that you mean by this in the physical or spiritual relationship and physical description, in refernce to God? How tall is Enoch in relationship to God? This stroll was on this earth or where? Was God then under His heaven, under the highest cloud or atmopheric condensation, yet walking on top of the earth? Babyosisi, I need a though answer. God is greater than what they associate with Him. God is more superior than any kind of physcical confinement they can put Him. I remember my high school BK teacher telluing us that when Jacob wrestled in the old testament, finally showed his neck to him or was it Moses that did that. I asked myself then, even though I I was a little boy, how big was the neck? I always knew that this description by the teacher was a fantastic falacy that will be unacceptable to any true believer of God.

He even said Israel as another name for Jacob (AS), means the one who fought with God. But in Islam, Israel as a name of Jacob (AS) means soldier of God. You see the difference here? Yet no eye has ever seen God. Instead of the wrestling between Jacob and an angel, knowing fully well that angels do appear to prophets!
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: It Enoch never died, then he has one over Jesus who at least by your statement of belief had died/tasted death! So why is Enoch not cnsidered Son of God, at least in the same way as Jesus, if not higher grade? When you say he walked with God, what is that, exactly? Is it like a physical walk, like two lovers holding hands,strolling down the street or in the park, etc? What is it that you mean by this in the physical or spiritual relationship and physical description, in refernce to God? How tall is Enoch in relationship to God? This stroll was on this earth or where? Was God then under His heaven, under the highest cloud or atmopheric condensation, yet walking on top of the earth? Babyosisi, I need a though answer. God is greater than what they associate with Him. God is more superior than any kind of physcical confinement they can put Him.

Please allow me to answer the above question in stages for clarity,not just for you but anyone else who may be reading this.
The birth,death and ressurection of Chroist was pre ordained before the foundation of the world.
His death and resurrection was significant to the salvation of the world,it was Gods plan from the very beginning,it was not a punishment for sin for He was sinless,it was for yours and mine redemption.

In the old testament,the blood of bulls and rams awere used for atonement,but at the fulness of time,Jesus paid that ultimate price as preordained by God such that rams and bulls were no longer needed,his was the ultimate sacrifice,a man not born according to the order of man was 100% man and 100% God,only his blood could wipe .
sins away eternally.

Let us see prophecies in the Torah about Jesus.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

[b]quote:
For example, it was not only prophesied that Christ would be a descendant of Abra­ham, (Gen.12:1-3), but that He would be from the tribe of Judah (Gen. 49:10) and the house of David (Ps. 110:1); that He would be born in Bethlehem (Mic. 5:2), born of a virgin (Isa. 7:1 4), betrayed for thirty pieces of silver (Zech. 11:12f.), and also that His hands and feet would be pierced (Ps. 22:16). It is noteworthy that this last prediction was made long before crucifixion was invented as a form of capi­tal punishment by the Persians and a thou­sand years before it was made common by the Romans.

It was also prophesied that Christ would be crucified with transgressors (Isa. 53:9, 12); that none of His bones would be broken (Ex. 12:46; Ps. 34:20); and that He would cry out from the cross, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?” (Ps. 22:1). Moreover, Christ’s resur­rection (Ps. 16:8-11), His ascension (Ps. 68:1 cool, and hundreds of other details were predicted in minute detail. These prophecies do not deal with vague gener­alities (as is so often the case with mod­ern-day “prophets” and psychics); they are specific and verifiable. Each was liter­ally fulfilled down to the smallest detail in the person of Jesus Christ.[/b]

All the above prophecies by Isaiah and co, hundreds of years before Christ were fulfilled in Christ.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2006

[b]For example, what's the likelihood of a person predicting today the exact city in which the birth of a future leader would take place, well into the 21st century? This is indeed what the prophet Micah did 700 years before the Messiah. Further, what is the likelihood of predicting the precise manner of death that a new, unknown religious leader would experience, a thousand years from now - a manner of death presently unknown, and to remain unknown for hundreds of years? (Crucifixion was invented by the Romans about 200 B.C.).Yet, this is what David did in 1000 B.C.

Again, what is the likelihood of predicting the specific date of the appearance of some great future leader, hundreds of years in advance? This is what Daniel did, 530 years before Christ. If one were to conceive 50 specific prophecies about a person in the future, whom one would never meet, just what's the likelihood that this person will fulfill all 50 of the predictions? How much less would this likelihood be if 25 of these predictions were about what other people would do to him, and were completely beyond his control?

For example, how does someone "arrange" to be born in a specific family?

How does one "arrange" to be born in a specified city, in which their parents don't actually live? How does one "arrange" their own death - and specifically by crucifixion, with two others, and then "arrange" to have their executioners gamble for His clothing (John 16:19; Psalms 22:18)?

How does one "arrange" to be betrayed in advance? How does one "arrange" to have the executioners carry out the regular practice of breaking the legs of the two victims on either side, but not their own? Finally, how does one "arrange" to be God? How does one escape from a grave and appear to people after having been killed?

Indeed, it may be possible for someone to fake one or two of the Messianic prophecies, but it would be impossible for any one person to arrange and fulfill all of these prophecies. Note: This material extracted from web site, unknown author.

This study highlights the Messianic prophecies. One should know, however, that much of the Old Testament, (estinated around 50%) is prophecy. Much of it was prophesied in the earler writings and later writings then recorded the various fulfillments. And of course much of these are yet to be fulfilled in the future.

There are many prophecies recorded in the New Testament. Some are fulfilled, i.e. Jesus told the disciples that the temple would be completely destroyed in Matthew 24:1-2. This was literally fulfilled in 70 A.D. when the Roman General, Titus crushed the Jewish rebellion. Dozens of NT prophecies are yet to be fulfilled during and after the return of Christ.[/b]

http://www.ablesoftexchange.com/JesusProphTable.htm
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: It Enoch never died, then he has one over Jesus who at least by your statement of belief had died/tasted death! So why is Enoch not cnsidered Son of God, at least in the same way as Jesus, if not higher grade? When you say he walked with God, what is that, exactly? Is it like a physical walk, like two lovers holding hands,strolling down the street or in the park, etc? What is it that you mean by this in the physical or spiritual relationship and physical description, in refernce to God? How tall is Enoch in relationship to God? This stroll was on this earth or where? Was God then under His heaven, under the highest cloud or atmopheric condensation, yet walking on top of the earth? Babyosisi, I need a though answer.

Now to answer your question,Enoch was a man that loved God,walking with God means to do his will,walk in his ways,live according to his precepts not a physical walk like lovers as you put it.
Why God chose him as one who would not see death,I do not know.

Elijah,a prophet of God also was taken up by chariots into heaven,he never saw death either.

[b]2Ki 2:1   When the Lord was about to take Elijah up to heaven in a whirlwind, Elijah and Elisha were on their way from Gilgal.

2Ki 2:3   The company of the prophets at Bethel came out to Elisha and asked, “Do you know that the Lord is going to take your master from you today?”

“2Ki 2:4   Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here, Elisha; the Lord has sent me to Jericho.”

2Ki 2:7   Fifty men of the company of the prophets went and stood at a distance, facing the place where Elijah and Elisha had stopped at the Jordan.

2Ki 2:8   Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry ground.

2Ki 2:9   When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”

“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.

2Ki 2:10   “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise not.”

2Ki 2:11   As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

2Ki 2:12   Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his own clothes and tore them apart.
[/b]

I believe that God may have have used these to prove to us that rapture is possible,he had taken up people against gravity before and there is nothing impossible with him.
Were these 2  equal or mightier than Christ,absolutely not!!!.

They were mere prophets,they cannot save or redeem.
They were born of men by the seed of men and therefore were not qualified to redeem man.
Christ was born by the power of the holy spirit by a virgin that knew no man,no other person ever before or after him has ever been conceived that way.
That was a sign,as predicted by prophets of old.

It was clearly predicted hundreds of years before the birth of Christ that the saviour would be born and would die to redeem man so he had to die that the scripture might be fulfilled and that the purpose of his ministry be accomplished.
I hope I answered you.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2006
The NLT version makes the English simpler.

Gen 5:23 Enoch lived 365 years in all.
Gen 5:24 He enjoyed a close relationship with God throughout his life. Then suddenly, he disappeared because God took him.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Aggressa(m): 11:46pm On Nov 18, 2006
@Babyosisi,
Again, thanks and God bless for your writings; don't be discouraged by the 'questions' grin if I may call them that or the 'attitude'; but continue posting the words of God. You know that the words of God are 'Spirit and they are Life'. They are also seeds, and it is the Lord himself who will make them germinate in the hearts of your readers.
Keep it coming dearie!!!

NB: Maybe the way you used the NLT version of the bible to further explain the true meaning of "walk with God" ( grin grin grin) as written in King James Version will show why we have different versions of Bible for better understanding.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by gbadex1(m): 11:46pm On Nov 18, 2006
Yo, yo, yo! Olabsy mah man, hold ur fort, playa! No one's attacking u. Remember, you's the mac daddy-o!!

@osisi,

well said. Keep elevating sista.

@ olabs,

pls take care to read her posts with an objective mind.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2006
gbade. x:

Yo, yo, yo! Olabsy mah man, hold your fort, playa! No one's attacking u. Remember, you's the mac daddy-o!!

@osisi,

well said. Keep elevating sista.

@ olabs,

please take care to read her posts with an objective mind.

I like the street in you my brother smiley smiley smiley
I'll keep representin' bro
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by olabowale(m): 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Babyosisi: In respose to your entries above, I will like that you expanciate on Melchezdekeh, the King of salem, who even prayed for Abraham. ( My disclaimer is that I believe the persnalities in the Qur'an over a similarly named that can be found in the Bible. This is my right and I am sticking to it).

Is Elijah the paternal father of Elisha, because he called him father> Or is it that they have master/student relation and it is the proper term to be use for one superior in the Semitic societies.

You wrote that Jesus was 100% man and at the same exact time, he is also 100% God! yet you separated him from God, being two different and distinct entities when you spoke about God's prediction of him. How is all of this possible, within ration concept, when we all agree that God is capable of doing all things, but there are somethings that He, God will not do.

Can you and me agree that the 12 companions of Jesus (12 Apostles), must and should be able to tell the complete dealing of Jesus, more accurately than later generation of storytellers? The companions being eyewitnesses, while the later generations, will be hearsayers. Which group is higher in simply telling accurate story, if they are both sincere, and not eliminating or adding anything to the story. In our todays condition, it is as if One group is to Audio/video and the other was simply told without the audio/video recording and maybe, even not the one who made the recording.

With this in mind,please tell me, are there anysingle desention among the remaining 11 companion after jesus was lifted to heaven and Judas had died? If there is any, please tell us who desented and who did any desented against. Are they from the eyewitness group or they desented even in least against any one who came in the later generations, even from the immediate generation, eg Saul/Paul.

Now, tell me when these prophesies were coming to the Prophets who received them, were they written down there and them, while the prophets were still alive to confirm that they were exactly as it came from GOD? In your Bible that you have today, we all agree that they are from the Roman, Greek, (earliest manustripts; I have my opinion, but lets leave it alone), what happened to the Bible being exactly as the prophets received it from their God, the Almighty? None of the prophets was aGreek/Roman and no revelation came to them in these two languages! So will you now tell me that the Bible is accurate in letter by letter, word by word, sentence by sentence and complete message, as the original piece meal by pice meal as it was the way it was revealed to the prophets, since they did not live all at the same time?

You can not argue that the Bible is accurate as if it was just revealed to those noble prophets. Never mind the language that it is translated into, eg, Igbo, etc, etc. If this is impossible for you to prove, then how are you sure of anything except that you must have a frame of reference on a particular topic it contains. For example, the Bible itself escoriate the learned of of the Jews corrupting the Law and the Books.

Here, what you then have is uncertainty! Thank God, Allah the Almighty sent the Qur'an to Muhammad (The Unlettered Prophet (AS)), to confirm and offers correction, a way that is straight, lacking Crookedness.

Am Sure that You are going to bite your tongue if that is even possible. However, I am certain the men of galance we bring their Tomahawk, instead looking at things critically and try to answer the questions and probably have a sincere object at this.

By the way, which is first; God the Almighty or Jesus, since you have indicated that they are separate and apart from each other. When jesus was on earth was their God still in heaven, which Jesus refered to in his 'Lord's prayer'. I wuld have expected that the lord's prayer should hav started with Our Lord and no our father! You want to make prayer to your father, then say so from the jump start! Sincerity should be expressed in all action. Intention should be clear. Any who prays to his/her father is worshipping him. Why not the mother who labored and cared more for the child than the father> I pray to God always to have mercy on my father (I do not pray to my father).
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Reverend(m): 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2006
Revealed religions are all based on belief in fantastic claims made by questionable people. Someone who claims God communicated something directly to them and they're passing this divine information onto the rest of us. Of course by believing these people we're not putting our belief in God, but instead we're putting our belief in the person making the claim.

The vehicle the revealed religions use to bring the message from person to person and generation to generation is usually a "holy" book. And of course each revealed religion claims their "holy" book the only true "holy" book and that the "holy" books of the others are imposters. Thus, the Christians claim the Bible as the only "holy" book, the Jews claim their various "holy" books to be the only true "holy" books, and the Moslems hold their Koran out as the final true "holy" book from God.

I reject all three revealed religions along with their "holy" books because they all go against our God-given reason.

Even though the Bible is full of contradictions, it pales in significance against the Koran, the Harry Potter of the religious World!

The key "holy" book of Islam is the Koran or Qur'an. It was allegedly given to Muhammad, the founder of Islam, during the 7th century of the common era by an angel. As usual, there's no evidence for this claim. As in all outrageous claims of all the revealed religions we are required to suppress our God-given reason in order to accept them.

The only thing the Koran has on the Bible is that it's written in a language that is still in use today. Unlike the teachings of Jesus, who used a language that is dead, the Koran is in Arabic. This makes it much easier to get a correct translation, but the things it contains are just as erratic and unreasonable as the contents of the Bible. This also makes it easier for critics to point out the impossibility of the Koran being the word of God. They can't use the defense that Christians and Jews do so easily when they attempt to defend the Bible, that a key word means something entirely different than what is obvious.

The Truth is out there!

The need to live our lives in accordance with reason is, I believe, in the heart of every person.

It doesn't matter what religion, if any, they are currently involved in. Reason is freely available to all. It's our job to bring it to the world in the realm of religion. Only then will this bring about an end to the violence and warfare the revealed religions have inflicted on humanity.

It will open a new era of progress and enlightenment never before thought possible. An age free of superstition and fear, yet full of adventure and discovery.

We should all do that is within your power to make this dream a reality.

The Rev smiley
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by omowhyou(m): 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2007
The Bible is indeed the word of God and will remain that way forever. The bible has proven over the years that it originate not from men, even science can disapprove it. I want to know if you can mention just one book that you know that have gone through so many persecution and still survived. The Bible contain prophesy that came to past many years later and so many other things.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by IDINRETE: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
omowhyou:

The Bible is indeed the word of God and will remain that way forever. The bible has proven over the years that it originate not from men, even science can disapprove it. I want to know if you can mention just one book that you know that have gone through so many persecution and still survived. The Bible contain prophesy that came to past many years later and so many other things.

THE BOOK OF THE DEAD [PAPYRUS OF ANI], ANCIENT EGYPTIAN HIEROGLYPHICS
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Kuns: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2007
I hope we all realize that the bible is the word of men , who want to claim to be God.

If the Bible is the word of God then is God Confused because here in 1 Chronicles 21 : 1 it says and I quote "

1: And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. "

In 2 Samuel 24 :1, it says and I quote " And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah."

Who was actually talking to David , God or Satan.

Maybe the Lord told David to go number Israel and Satan just helped David by confirming (Yeah, go number Israel) it for him.

Or is the Lord and Satan one and the same being?

Are the bible writers confused or something ,

It is obvious the new testament is the works of Josephus Flavius Piso
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by babs787(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2007
cool
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31am On Jul 07, 2007
The Bible contains the mind of God,
The state of man,
The way of salvation,
The doom of sinners and-
The happiness of  believers.

Its precepts are binding,
Its history is true, and
Its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise,
Believe it to be saved, and
Practise it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you,
Food to support you, and
Comfort to cheer you;

It is the traveller’s map and
The Christian’s charter.

Here is paradise restored,
Heaven opened and
Gates of hell closed.

Christ is the grand subject,
Our good its design, and
The glory of God its end.

Read it
Slowly,
Frequently, and
Prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth,
A paradise of glory, and
A river of pleasure.

It will reward the greatest labour and
Condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

The Book:
The Book of books;
The Book of life;
The Book of God;
The Bible;
The Revelation of God to man.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Reverend(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2007
Just a Book:
A book of fairy stories;
The Book of lies;
The Book of a man-made pretend God;
The Bible;
The Revelation of man to man.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Horus(m): 11:08am On Jul 07, 2007
Read it
Slowly,
Frequently, and
Prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth,
A paradise of glory, and
A river of pleasure.
Stop Read it
It is a mine of contradictions
A Book of Hell and lies.
A river of mistakes.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by SMC(f): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2007
If the Bible is not the word of God, neither is the Quran. Finito
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2007
Reading and confessing this book will:
Terrify the devil,
Stupefy the rebellious,
Mystify the world,
Pacify the critics,
Ratify the covenant,
Edify the church,
Magnify the Word, and
Glorify the Lord!
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Reading and confessing this book will:
Terrify the devil,

I like that one. Reading it did me a world of good and helped me to find God's love in Jesus Christ. smiley
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by doyenn(m): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2007
it's defifnitely what it was claimed to be reveal to Jesus. A book was reveal to Jesus that the Q'uran called injil. If it is what they call bible by their language then it is but what i know is today's bible is not the same tha was used by Jesus because we've seen so many changes and version and I dont think the word of god is suppose to be updated or manipulated in any way.

Bible of nowadays has ccaused so many havoc to the masses.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2007
@doyenn,

Are you in for a discussion or rather to disparage the Bible? You should simply ask yourself this question:

What book have the jihadist terrorists been reading that is still wrecking havoc to the lives
of untold hundreds of thousands - is it the Bible or the Qur'an?

Please try not stating what you can't defend; and when you look closely back home to Islam, you will find that the real havoc comes from your camp.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Esss(m): 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2007
The bible is just some bloody compilation of many confirmed/unconfirmed stories which was collected and put together to make a book.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2007
Esss:

The bible is just some bloody compilation of many confirmed/unconfirmed stories which was collected and put together to make a book.

Mr Buddhist, you're confirming your true colour. Did you say your religion does not attack others? smiley
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by MP007(m): 6:25am On Jul 08, 2007
can u plz tell us another word of God u know becos this is rather outrageous and blasfamous
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22am On Jul 09, 2007
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua.1vs8

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews.4vs12
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by nferyn(m): 9:51am On Jul 09, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Mr Buddhist, you're confirming your true colour. Did you say your religion does not attack others? smiley
Since when is telling the plain and simple truth attacking other religions? Anyway, the post indeed does make one wonder how far in his path to enlightenment Esss really is. The insertion doesn't show the marks of a deep Buddhist philosophy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere / Does Masturbation Hinders One's Progress / Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.