Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,824 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Is Bible The Word of God? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible The Word of God? (12505 Views)

Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / Is Bible God/jesus Word? / Killing Children Is Bible Miracle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Reverend(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2006
60 Questions to ask Muslims

Now that you know Muslims will get mad easily by asking them too many questions they don't want to answer, we suggest the following:

- Pick one or two questions.
- Be very kind in your tone.
- Be patient for their answer.
- Do not condescend.
- Pray for them to see the truth.

1. Muslims claim, that a proof the Koran was from God, is that it contains scientifically accurate information about Embryology before man discovered it for himself. However, all the information in the Koran regarding Embryology is copied from three sources, 1. A Greek doctor named Galen, who lived of 150 AD. 2. A Jewish doctor named Samuel ha-Yehudi who lived 150 AD. 3. the Greek father of medicine Hippocrates who lived 400 BC. My question is: in light of the fact that all the information contained in the Koran was already in print by these three doctors, will you retract the argument on Embryology? If not, will you supply one detail revealed in the Koran about Embryology, that was not already revealed or that was new?

2. Muslims claim, that a proof that the Koran was from God is that it contains scientifically accurate information about Embryology, yet in 86:6-7 the Koran says, "man was created from ejected liquid- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs". This echoes the scientific error of Hippocrates who believed semen originates, from the brain down the spinal chord, before passing through the kidneys and finally out of the body. (Hippocratic Writings, Penguin Classics, 1983, p. 317) My question is: do you reject modern science and believe the Koran when it says sperm originates from the mid-gut section of a man's body.

3. Muslims quote an article written in 1957 by the Jehovah's Witnesses who stated there were 50,000 errors in the translation of the King James version. My question is: Even if this were true, (which of course it is not), how does this prove there is corruption in the original Greek MSS from which the King James version was translated?

4. Muslims claim, that the many different translations of the English Bible will render a single text with many different words and phrases. You said this was proof the Bible is corrupted and that the Koran reads exactly the same way everywhere in the world in Arabic. My question is: Since the many English translations of the Koran also render a single text with many different words, does that proof that the Koran is corrupted?

5. Muslims believe the word Allah was used by Jesus when he hung on the cross. The Bible records that Jesus said "Eli Eli lama sabachthani", but you say Jesus really cried out to Allah and said "Allah, Allah lama sabachthani" My question is: Would you please explain why you would use this argument when you don't believe Jesus ever hung on the cross? And second, since Jesus was quoting Ps 22:1 on the cross, isn't rather unlikely that both the Hebrew Old Testament and the Greek New Testament are wrong using Eli, a Hebrew word, rather than Allah, an arab word?

6. Muslims chide Christians because the earliest complete copies of the Bible were written 300 years after the originals of the first century. Yet Muslim scholars state the earliest copy of the Koran was written no earlier than 150 years after Muhammad died. My question is: in light of this fact, how could the Koran possibly be better than the Bible and would you please state the name and location and date of the earliest Koran you believe to be in existence?

7. Both the Samarqand MSS is in Tashkent, and the MSS housed in the Topkapi Museum in Istanbul are written in the script style called "Kufic". And not the earlier style known as Ma'il or Mashq. This fact is the reason Muslim scholars date these manuscripts no earlier than 200 years after Muhammad died. My question is: leaving aside blind faith and wishful thinking, what evidence do you supply that these MSS were written any earlier?

8. The British Museum in London has an ancient copy of the Koran written in the Ma'il style of script, but practicing Muslim scholar Martin Lings, who is the former curator for the manuscripts of the British Museum, dates this manuscript at 790 AD. My question is: Apart from just making the claim, what evidence do you supply that this MSS were written any earlier?

9. The text of the Koran in 37:103 reads "they had both submitted their wills (became Muslims)" while the Arabic text of the Tashkent MSS gives the exact opposite meaning, "they did not submitted their wills" (they did NOT become Muslims.) My question is: have you actually read the Tashkent MSS for yourself in this passage and how do you explain this textual variation given your comments on the miracle of the perfect Koran?

10. Qur'an 18:9, makes into real history, the second century myth of 7 Christian youths who were persecuted for their faith and went to sleep in a cave for 300 years and then woke up with no ill effects. In the original myth the hero is a Christian, but in the Koran the hero is a Muslim. My question is: in the absence of any copyright laws when the Koran was written, are you at least prepared to pay compensation to the living relatives of the author of this myth? If not, would you be in favor of going starting up a charity fund to compensate for damages of copyright infringement?

11. Koran 5:116, represents Christians as worshipping Mary which is a historical error. Given the fact that the pagan Arabs did worship Mary's idol in the Kaba, and that history records no group of Christians had ever worshiped Mary at this time, my question is would you please name the sect of Christians who worshiped Mary at the time of Muhammad?

12. Muslim's reject the doctrine of inherited sin of Adam but teach the Immaculate Conception of Mary. The reason the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception was invented was to remove inherited sin. My question is: since you reject the doctrine of inherited sin and believe all men are born without sin, why do Muslim's teach the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary?

13. In Koran 7:125, death by crucifixion is stated to exist at the time of Moses in 1500BC. Yet Encyclopedia Britannica, in harmony with all records of history, reports that crucifixion did not exist any earlier than 500 BC. My question is: to how do you explain this blaring historical error, and do you just disregard the history of the world merely because the Karen says otherwise?

14. Muslim scholar, Tabbarah, said in his book, The Spirit of Islam, "Moslems do not worship the Black Stone, but only show special reverence and veneration for its dignity and they kiss it only after the example of the Prophet and to keep their Covenant with God to obey His Will and avoid His disobedience." (Tabbarah, The Spirit of Islam, p. 173, Muslim). Focusing on Tabbarah's key phrase of showing reverence and veneration to the Black Stone, My question is do you see any difference between the Muslim practice of kissing showing reverence and venerating the Black Stone and the Catholic practice of pope John Paul II kissing the statute of the Virgin Mary with reverence and veneration?

15. Informed Christians know there is no passage and the Koran that says the Bible is lost altered or corrupted. My question is would you please list all the passages you know where the Qur'an says the Bible that was in the hands of the Christians at the time of Muhammad had been corrupted?

16. Muslims will quote Quran 2:79 as a verse where the Koran says the canon of the Bible is corrupted, "Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from God," to traffic with it for miserable price!" My question is: If this verse refers to the corruption of the Bible, then why did Muhammad command Christians to follow the Bible they possessed in 600 AD in Quran 2:89; 7:157? And is this the only verse in the Koran that says the Bible is corrupt? (see also Quran 2:40-42,126,136,285; 3:3,71,93; 4:47,136; 5:47-51, 69,71-72; 6:91; 10:37,94; 21:7; 29:45,46; 35:31; 46:11)

17. Muslims will quote Jer 8:8 as proof that the Old Testament canon is corrupt, "How can you say, `We are wise, And the law of the Lord is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie" Yet this verse is clearly speaking of the written scribal interpretations of the Bible as Jesus condemned in Mt 15:1-14. Here Jesus accused the Scribes of the same thing regarding washing of hands and Corban, "

18. you invalidate the written word of God for the sake of your tradition." My question is: is this the only text in the Bible where you claim the canon was corrupted? If not quote the other texts. How can Muslims claim there are no textual variations in the Koran, when the Tashkent MSS differs from the modern Egyptian Qur'an in 5 passages: 2:284, 2:283, 3:37, 3:109 and 5:119. The Tashkent MSS uses the word 'Allah' while the modern Egyptian Qur'an, uses the word 'huwa' (the pronoun 'he'). My question is: Which word do you believe are in the "preserved master tablet" and "mother of all books" in heaven?

19. The yearly Passover ritual began the same year it was initiated in the 10th plague and continued uninterrupted for 1500 years. The weekly Lord's supper ritual began the same week that Christ was crucified and has continued ever since for 2000 years. The Islamic rituals just come out of nowhere, 2600 years after Abraham lived. Being as unbiased as you possibly can, My question is: are not the Jewish and Christian rituals more likely to be based on real history since the rituals of Islam that just pop out of nowhere 2600 years later?

20. The "Throw" is a reenactment ritual based upon Abraham and the "Run" is a reenactment ritual based upon Hagar. My question is: Did Adam perform the throw and the Run, and if not exactly when did they become part of Islamic ritual and do you have any actual historical evidence to support such?

21. Given the fact that Isaac Watt, said in his book, Islam and Christianity Today, "By the standards of modern historiography, the crucifixion of Jesus is one of the most certain events in past history" (Watt, Islam and Christianity Today, p. 144). My question is: What historical evidence do you give outside of the Qur'an that Jesus did not die on across?

22. If all Muslim's must reject the crucifixion of Christ based on the Koran and all Christians must reject Muhammad as a prophet based on the Bible, my question is: on exactly what basis do you believe Christianity and Islam are compatible religions?

23. Given the fact that the gospel of Barnabas is the 15th century forgery by Muslims, my question is: why do you quote this document as proof that early Christians denied the crucifixion of Christ and what proof do you offer that it is not a Muslim forgery?

24. Muslim's will quote Yusuf Ali's comment in footnote 663, as proof that the three early Christian sects of Marcion, Docetism, Basilides, denied the crucifixion of Christ. Given the fact the three sects are condemned as false teachers, deceivers and the anti-Christ in six Bible passages (1 John 1:1,14; 2:22; 4:1-3; 5:6; 2 John 7) My question is: on what basis do you claim they are Christian sects and isn't it as much of a misrepresentation for you to quote these Gnostic sects as Christians who deny the crucifixion, as it would be a misrepresentation for Christians to quote the Baha'i faith as proof Muhammad was not the final Prophet? (The holy Qur'an, text, translation and commentary by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. 1872-1952, First published in 1938, 1973 ed., p. 230, footnote 663, commenting on 4:157)

25. The Koran says in 4:157, that God causes someone who looked like Jesus to die on the cross in his place, therefore tricking the apostles of Christ into thinking he was crucified. My question is: how can you escape the fact that the rise of Christianity to the largest religion in the world is ultimately the result of the divine action of Allah?

26. The deity of Jesus is affirmed four times in Hebrews chapter 1. Jesus Christ is called the son of God, worshiped by Angels, called God by the Father and stated to be the creator. Given the fact that you would say that this is a textual corruption of the original gospel message, my question is would you not agree that this corrupted text does indeed call Jesus God?

27. The Islamic religion teaches that Jesus Christ was a practicing Muslim. My question is: is this any less ridiculous than if Christians said Muhammad was a practicing Buddhist?

28. Muslim's claim that Isaiah 42 is a prophecy of Muhammad. Yet Isaiah 53 is one of the foremost prophecies of the crucifixion of Christ in the entire Old Testament. My question is: on what basis do you feel Isaiah 42 is uncorrupted which prophecies Muhammad, but Isaiah 53 is corrupted that prophesies the crucifixion of Christ?

29. My question is:

30. If you feel the Bible is so corrupted, than why do you quote Deut 18:18 and John 16:13 as uncorrupted prophecies of Muhammad's comment in the sixth century AD. Acts 19:23-41 mentions a religion that worshipped the great goddess Artemis and her meteorite which fell down from heaven. Taking note that this religion centered around a meteorite, my question is: is it possible that this is a pagan corruption of the Black Stone and meteorite that fell at the foot of Adam and that at the time of Christ the Black Stone was actually in Ephesus Asia minor?

31. Galatians 1:6-9 Apostle Paul says "I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Christ for a different religion. But even if an angel from heaven, should preach to you a different religion, let him be accursed." My question is: Do you think it possible that this is a genuine text from God and he foresaw that both Muhammad and Joseph Smith would be taught a new religion by an angel?

32. Before the discovery of the dead sea scrolls in 1947 the earliest copy of the Old Testament was the Massoretic Text dated at 1000 AD. The dead sea scrolls are dated at 100 B.C. contain 19 copies of Isaiah, 25 copies of Deuteronomy and 30 copies of Psalms that are virtually identical to what we have in our Bible's today. My question is: since you believe the Old Testament was corrupted long before the dead sea scrolls were written in 100 B.C., will you at least admit that there has been no further corruption of the Old Testament since 100 B.C. right down to the present?

33. In Jude 3; 2 Peter 1:3; John 16:13 and 2 Tim 3:16 the Bible is called an all sufficient book with no need for anything else in regards to how we live our lives or worship God. You claim the same thing for the Qur'an. My question is: how can the Qur'an be all sufficient in our worship of Allah, if it does not even mention something as important as praying five times a day and does this not prove that the Koran without the Hadith is like a car without an engine?

34. The Huleatt Manuscript was written in 50 AD and is actually a prayer addressed to Jesus and calls Jesus "God". Therefore, Christians have in their possession archeological inscriptions within 20 years of Christ's resurrection that say he is God. My question is: Do you know of any archeological inscription dated within 100 years of Muhammad's death where he is called a prophet? If so, please name it.

35. The Bible contains over 60 distinct prophecies of Jesus Christ 1000 years before hand. My question is: what is the single most remarkable prophecy that Muhammad made that was fulfilled?

36. Muslim's believe the Bible is corrupted. Yet in Isa 40:22 and three other passages. (Prov 8:27; Amos 9:6 Job 26:10) it says the earth is round and not flat. Job 26:7 says the earth is free-floating in space: "he hangs the earth on nothing." Both these facts are scientifically accurate, and revealed in the Bible long before man discovered it for himself. My question is: Are these passages scientifically accurate corruption's?

37. Muslims proudly quote several passages in the Koran 30:48; 24:43, as scientifically accurate explanations of the hydrologic water cycle. My question is: given the fact the Bible had already fully documented the hydrologic water cycle 1600 before the Koran in Job 36:27-28, and 3 other passages (Eccl 11:3; Job 26:8; Eccl 1:6-7), doesn't this proof Muhammad merely copied the scientific facts of the hydrologic water cycle directly from the Bible?

38. (Clouds hold water: Eccl 11:3; Job 26:8; Rivers recycle water: Eccl 1:6-7; Evapouration: Amos 9:6) The 66 books of the Bible were written by 40 different men over a period of 1600 years with multiple threads of unified themes that span cover to cover. My question is: would you not agree that in contrast to the Bible, that the Qur'an is a jumble of disjointed material, without order, continuity or unity of any kind?

39. Muslims authorities refuse to release photographs of the ancient Topkapi manuscript in Istanbul, one of the three oldest Korans in existence. My question is: do you have any idea why Muslim authorities refuse to release documentary photographs of the Topkapi manuscript in Istanbul and what they are afraid for the world to see?

40. Muslims have repeatedly claimed that Muslim women have more rights in Islam then Western women do in the civilized world. The proof you supplied with the fact that Islam gave women the right to vote 1400 years ago but women in the West only got the right to vote 100 years ago. My question is: would you please name one country in the world today that is ruled by a Islamic "Shariah" law where women are permitted to vote?

41. Muslim's claim that their growth rate is 235 percent and 47 percent for Christianity. This statistic came from the Readers Digest Almanac and Yearbook 1983, and represents 235 percent increase over 50 years. A simple review of the readers Digest study shows that the growth rate of Islam vs. Christianity is directly linked to the birth rate in Third World countries where Islam dominates and not actual conversions to each religion. My question is: do you have any more recent statistics on an annualized basis?

42. Muslims claim that Jesus prayed using the Muslim prayer posture, along with all the prophets. Yet Jesus instructed his disciples to pray while standing up. (Mark 11:25), King David prayed while sitting in (2 Sam 7:18), and Paul instructed prayer in church with hands lifted up in the air. (1 Tim 2:cool My question is: If Jesus was a Muslim, why would he instruct his disciples to pray standing up? And when it says Jesus fell on his face and prayed, how do you know he was not fully prostrate?

43. Muslims claim that Muhammad always worshipped Allah in a 100% correct way, without the need for any restoral. My question is: If this is true, then why did Muhammad pray towards Jerusalem for the first 5 years of his prophethood, and later redirected his prays towards Mecca? And did Jesus pray towards Mecca 5 times a towards Jerusalem or Mecca?

44. The Bible defines a miracle as something that defies the laws of nature. Muslims claim the Koran is a miracle merely because it was allegedly transmitted perfectly without alteration and flaw till the second coming. Since the Harry Potter books will certainly be transmitted perfectly without alteration or flaw, and be around until the second coming, my question is: does this make the Harry Potter books a miracle like the Koran?

45. Muslims claim that in Isa 42:1 Muhammad fulfilled the expression "bring forth justice to the nations" indicating that the immoral pagan Arabs before Muhammad's time were reformed into a just moral society. My question is: Even though you believe the New Testament is corrupt, had the Immoral Pagan Arabs all become Christians and followed the moral standards revealed in the corrupted New Testament, would they not have also transformed into a just moral society? If no why not? And how is the moral standard in the Koran superior to the moral standard of the Bible?

46. Muslims claim that the Angel Gabriel is the Holy Spirit who came upon Mary and caused her to conceive based upon Luke 1:26:38. My question is: If this is true, then why did Gabriel say to Mary in verse 35, "the power of the Holy Spirit will come upon you" rather than "my power will come upon you"?

47. Muslims quote Luke 22:43 as proof that when Jesus cried out to God not to be crucified, that an angel came and saved him from crucifixion. However the next verses says that Jesus was arrested by the mob for crucifixion. My Question is: on what basis do you accept the first passage as uncorrupted scripture, but reject the next verse as corrupted scripture?

48. Muslims claim it was medically impossible for blood and water to come out of Jesus when his side was pierced with spear because all the blood in Jesus body would have been clotted. The universal opinion of forensic scientists say that blood takes days to clot. My question is: Is this another example of where you reject all known science simply because Islam says this?

49. Muslims quote liberal agnostic Bible trashes who claim that the four gospels were copied from a lost original gospel known as the "Q document". This is a mythological document invented by these skeptics who reject Christianity, because they simply cannot accept the Bible is a book inspired from God. My question is: are you aware that the "Q Document" is a purely theoretical document that has never been found and is a complete fabrication and invention of the mind? And what is the value of quoting those who reject Christianity and Islam equally?

50. Muslims claim that the heading at the beginning of the four gospels "Gospel according to John", for example indicated the words came from John alone and prove the Bible to be a book of human authorship? In fact, that this text, like chapter and verse numbers, was added much later and are not part of the Bible? My question is: where did you learn that this text was part of the Bible?

51. Muslims state that they believe that the Bible is a book filled with pornography, and quoted Gen 19:32 where Lot made his two daughters pregnant. My Question is: Do you feel that the Bible should be removed from every library in Canada? And are you comfortable with the fact that your prophet Muhammad married a six year old child, when he was 55 years old? Do you think this is a good story to tell children?

52. Muslims teach Muhammad was sinless. However the Koran specifically limits the number of wives a Muslim man can marry to 4. Yet Muhammad married at least 12 women. My question is: Is Muhammad above the very law he gave in the Koran and isn't the definition of sin violating the law of God?

53. Muslims quote George Bernard Shaw who said, "The Bible is the most dangerous book in the world, keep it lock and keyed." My question is: What value is there for you to quote an atheist like Shaw who also said: "There is not one single established religion that an intelligent, educated man can believe."

54. (George Bernard Shaw quoted in "2000 Years of Disbelief, Famous People with the Courage to Doubt", by James A. Haught, Prometheus Books, 1996) Shaw also said: "The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality. (George Bernard Shaw, Androcles and the Lion, Preface, 1916) To prove the Bible text is corrupted, Muslims quote a newspaper article in the "Daily News" of Durban South Africa, Tues. May 22, 1990, where you claimed the Church of Scotland had deleted the virgin birth from the Bible. The article actually said that the church of Scotland had merely deleted the teaching from their local church creed and statement of faith. My question is: Would you please explain how a church deleting the virgin birth from their church doctrine books, in any way proves the Bible is corrupted?

55. Muslims quote Isa 42 as a prophecy of Muhammad and say that Christians teach it is a prophecy of the Holy Spirit. (In fact Christians apply the text to Christ.) You also said that Isa 42 can only be fulfilled by Muhammad because Jesus is never called "my servant". My question is: why did Matthew quote Isa 42 and apply the whole text to Jesus in Matthew 12:18?

56. Muslims claim that the prophecy of the coming prophet in Deut 18:18 cannot be fulfilled by Jesus but could be fulfilled by Muhammad because the text says the prophet must arise from among their own brethren. Muslims say that if a Hebrew was intended, that the Bible would have said, "from among yourselves" rather than the expression "from among their own brethren". Hence Muslims claim the expression, "from among their own brethren" excludes all Hebrews and specifically Jesus. My question is: Since Deut 17:15 uses exactly the same expression, when it said, "you shall surely set a king over you whom the Lord your God chooses, one from among your own brethren" why did God appoint Saul and David as King and not an Ishmaelite? And in Deut 18:2 it says, "The Levites shall have no inheritance from among their brethren." Did the Ishmaelites share the inheritance of the promised land of Palestine with the Hebrews?

57. The Koran says in 4:157, that God causes someone who looked like Jesus to die on the cross in his place, therefore tricking the apostles of Christ into thinking he was crucified. Apostle John wrote in1 John 1:1 concerning the crucifixion: "What we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life". My question is: Was not John accurately reporting the things he actually saw, things that Allah made appear to happen?

58. Muslims claim that the New Testament story of Jesus dying on the cross is a corruption of the truth and that Allah made it appear that Jesus died on the cross, as per Q4:157. My question is: How can Muslims claim that they believe any of the New Testament was originally revealed by God, since the corruption must have begun at the cross.

59. Muslims believe that the whole concept of blood atonement is an invention of the Christian church. My question is: What were the Jews doing since 1500 BC on the "day of atonement".

60. Muslims reject the gospel story of Jesus being a substitute for our sins, the just for the unjust. They use the illustration of a man having to pay for a speeding ticket he did not commit. My question is: How do you explain that in the Muslim view of the cross, someone completely innocent died in Jesus place, after God made him appear to be Jesus? Was not this a Substitutionary sacrifice?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 8:36am On May 11, 2006
@ Reverend

I would only take your words for it and give you replies to defend the Quran, if you fullfill your promise to provide me the reference to your first accusations of conflicting verses of the Quran. Only then would I take what you have said seriously. You are just trying very hard, arent you?

Just supply us with the reference or maybe you might want to admit that you made it up, and we move on.

Are you honest with your accusations and proofs? Prove it by providing us the Quranic Reference of your first accusations otherwise refrain from futher baseless theories that doesnt make sense at all.

A simple example to your baseless accusations was regarding Galen "Galen didnt write any book on embryology. Galen was the originator of the experimental method in medical investigation, and throughout his life dissected animals in his quest to understand how the body functions. He also recommended that other doctors practice dissection as a means of discovery as well as to improve surgical skills. Galen's most important discovery was that arteries carry blood, not air. Galen's most lasting technique, one that survived his discreditation during the Renaissance, is the taking of the pulse - still done by doctors to this day.

If you have a refrence to a book written by Galen on embryology, provide it here, please smiley

My Proof: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/galen_claudius.shtml

So I think thats more of surgery?

So before we carry on, try to proof your other accusations without refrencing critic sites? I want historical sites with no critisism as proof with the content that was copied. Would really appreciate it. But firstly provide the Quraan Conflict verses.

[b]And by the way, good job copy and pasting from another forum: [/b]http://www.whyislam.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4738&PN=1
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by jagunlabi(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2006
@mlk baby

@ Before TayoD gives you an answer, I'd like to know something from jagunlabi: is the Qur'an the infallible Word of God?
No,it isn't either.To me,both the quran and the bible are just books of mythology with deep allegorical meanings.They do not represent the the word of God.In the nature or creation will the true word of the creator only be found,and not in books.

And Ajisafe: you find solace and self-congratulations in[b] jagunlabi simply because he feeds your agenda[/b].
I feed not his agenda.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by mlksbaby(f): 10:20am On May 11, 2006
Regardless your persuasions, your assertions haven't really been sound. And, you may not feed his agenda, but that he's happy-clapping in finding solace in your postings speak to the effect.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by kimba(m): 12:41pm On May 11, 2006
@mlks_baby
its like you don't know Mr. Felcher(the false reverend), Jagunlabi, Ajisafe and their "crew". But i just found something new about them.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by kimba(m): 1:18pm On May 11, 2006
@Ajisafe
@ Kimba,
I am not an atheist. I believe in God, but not the way you believe. Also I believe that your bible is definitely not the word of God. I'll show it to you -- just be patient.

@Reverend
Your rants and raves are becoming more and more futile and feeble by the hour. I have never said that I do not believe in God. I have only ever said that I do not believe that the bible is the word of God.

The Bible was not handed to mankind by God, nor was it dictated to human stenographers by God. It has nothing to do with God. In actuality the bible is the word of a group of men during the 4th century.

My disbelief of the Bible is founded on a pure and religious belief in God; for in my opinion the Bible is a gross libel against the justice and goodness of God, in almost every part of it.

TayoD said it right
Dear Reverend,

Yours is a reverend without a Revelation.  Of you it is written "If the blind lead the blind, shall not they both end up in the ditch?"  (paraphrase).  If you do not consider the Bible the word of God why waste your time and the time of your lost sheep setting up a church?  Though I'm convinced that your establishment is only a church by name and not in character, but please, have pity on those blind folks even if you don't have on yours.

You just started a thread on this forum recently about God and Erection.  In it, you quoted profusely from the Bible and you attributed what you said to God.  Are you not confused and trying to confuse others.  Do you just pick and choose what your parochial mindset wants from the Bible as if you are in the supermarket?  God has given you a choice.  It is either ALL or NOTHING. 

@Jagunlabi
You completely pulled the Bible apart on your post "CONFUSION" at
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3271.96.html
but you know, many people go to the University and when they feel they "know everything", too much knowledge makes them mad.
THE BIBLE, THE WORD OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD, WILL NEVER MAKE MEANING TO YOU IF IT DOES NOT DESCEND FROM YOUR HEAD INTO YOUR HEART.

@Reverend
@ Logical

I do not hate Muslims at all. I hate the fanaticism of the Islamic religion and it's very manipulative and repressive nature!

I promise to get back to you with an answer to your questions when I have a couple of spare minutes!

Cheers

The Rev.
1) You hate Islam
2) You believe in God.
which God? the God that told you of revelations of Jesus and his erection, the God that told you he was gay, the god that has a relationship with mary, and the god of which you are his representative of earth pastoring the kinky church of mary magdalene?

How could you be so confused?

@Mr. Felcher
@ Logical

The simplest reason I have for believing in God, is that if he does not exist, where does love come from? I don't mean attraction, but sacrificial love. The love a parent feels for a child. It is beyond instinct!
Which God are you talking about. I think since you can understand the love that your jesus felt for mary magdalene, you should be able to explain the "but sacrificial love. The love a parent feels for a child." which is beyond your instinct. Please, which child did she give birth to? was his name Reverend? grin grin grin grin

@Logical
Yeah its logical, because I am afraid of hell,
You havent even started on this "Belief in God" thing.

@TayoD
Worshipping God because of fear of going to hell is called FEAR, and you know what?  God is Love and perfect law casts out fear.  In other words, there aint no God in what you say.
I worship God because I love Him, and I love Him because He first loved me
Word UP!!!

@Ajisafe
@ Reverend,
What's wrong? How can a learned person like you turn this way? It made no sense at all. You're the only one asking questions and simultaneously answering them.
Two learned people that believe in God but not in the Bible. Yet both of them can't understand each other.

@jagunlabi
And Ajisafe: you find solace and self-congratulations in jagunlabi simply because he feeds your agenda.
I feed not his agenda.
So we were thinking Ajisafe fed jagunlabi's agenda,
so we were thinking jagunlabi fed ajisafe's agenda,
so Jagunlabi said he is not feeding ajisafes agenda,

question to AJISAFE:
Jagunlabi is not feeding your agenda, are you feeding his?

and honestly: can the three of you crew leaders: ajisafe, jagunlabi and mr. felcher(alias false reverend) come up with a common point? here are some questions:
1) All of you claim to believe in God. Am i right or wrong
2) All of you don't believe in Jesus? am I right or wrong
3) What stake do you Jagunlabi and Ajisafe have in Mr. Felchers KinkyChurch, are you in his management team.
3) All of you say NO to Christianity(and the Bible) and Islam(and the Quoran). am I right or wrong,
4) Does your own god have a name? what is his/her/their/its name?
5) How do you relate to your God(worship, pray, have fellowship with)
6) What have you gained/lost from your faith, and what will anyone that follows your suit gain/loose, what is your own personal testimony.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ajisafe: 2:34pm On May 11, 2006
All of you say NO to Christianity(and the Bible) and Islam(and the Quoran). am I right or wrong,

You're wrong. I've told you before. I'm not an atheist. I believe in Allah; I'm a very proud Muslim. I don't know anything about Jagunlabi and the Reverend -- I'm not a sycophant. I'm a man of myself.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by fresheva(f): 4:27pm On May 12, 2006
hi room
the bible is God's word though written by God's inspired prophets it is his word , i am not about to quote bible verse cos i guess u've seen loads of them here, but let me just site an example, if u gave someone a story about you to write out, it is STILL YOUR STORY despit the fact that it is someone that wrote it, so God's word is written by men inspired by him but it remains GOD'S WORD
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by lunafish(f): 7:13pm On May 12, 2006
Not all of it. Some of it is sexist, saddo-massichist opinions of men of the times.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by DaHitler(m): 7:15pm On May 12, 2006
I don't care what the bible is, I am still going to burn every copy that my relatives send me. cheesy
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ajisafe: 9:28pm On May 12, 2006
hi room
the bible is God's word though written by God's inspired prophets it is his word , i am not about to quote bible verse because i guess u've seen loads of them here, but let me just site an example, if u gave someone a story about you to write out, it is STILL YOUR STORY despit the fact that it is someone that wrote it, so God's word is written by men inspired by him but it remains GOD'S WORD

You're wrong. Bible is not the word of God. The Old Testament was nothing but an old Jewish story/fable book, while the New Testament was something that fed Saul/Paul's ego -- his whim and caprice. That's all. Please, move away before it's too late for you.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Taah: 1:55am On Jun 06, 2006
Peace to u all.The then Bible was truly from God. But Bible of today is notin to go by. The Christians too should tink abt it;why sould dey av different version of Bible with different chapters and verses.if u re in doubt, skim thru any 3 different Bibles and check. der's a saying that 'seeing is believing'.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by ajia23(m): 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2006
Hmmm
The reverend is at it again. Please supply proof that the Quran copied all those sources. Also, where was it stated that semen comes from the brain in the Quran? The Quran rightly said it proceeded from between the backbone and the ribs, which is exactly what modern day science has come to corroborate. If you think otherwise, prove it.

Which Muslims believe that Jesus said Allah, Allah when we know he was never crucified. And Eli means my God in Hebrew, so what your point?

Reverend, the earliest Quran was written in the lifetime of the Prophet(SAW), except if you have proof to the contrary.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by dblock(m): 8:53am On Sep 30, 2006
The bible is said to be the word of God but it is not, simply because the bible was not written by God or compiled by God or inspected by God, the authors of the bible were simple ordinary humans who had the priviledge of been worthy to be ordained disciples. Many books that were proposed to enter the bible were scrapped because there were better books or because they were to controverisal, the only chapter in the bible that is certainly the word of God is the ten commandments, God speaks throughout the whole old testament and a bit in the old testament but the quotes of God in those places are basically what prophets and disciples were inspired by visions to write, we can't be sure that it is the truth, the way to know the truth is not by faith or through the bible, or through fact but through God himself, for he shall reveal to you knowledge and wisdom
-------------peace---------- cool
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ndipe(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2006
Yeah, the Holy Bible is the Word of God.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by dominobaby(f): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2006
Wow, so we're still on this?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by CrazyMan(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2006
I believe the BIBLE is the word of God,so there is no point argueing blindly
you don't believe in the bible ie the word of GOD then you cant believe in God who created you.just b careful of what you say against God and His word.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by nferyn(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2006
crazykid:

I believe the BIBLE is the word of God,so there is no point argueing blindly
What is the basis for that belief and why do you use the word blindly?

crazykid:

you don't believe in the bible ie the word of GOD then you can't believe in God who created you.
Why? One can believe in God, while not believing in the Bible. Do Jews and Muslims elieve in God? Do Ethiopean Christians believe in God?

crazykid:

just b careful of what you say against God and His word.
How do you establish the Bible to be the word of God?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by gbadex1(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2006
Well, well, well . . . if it ain't man Ajisafs back at it again. With his ever faithful sidekick, Mr. Fletchy a.k.a Revving Rev a.k.a tha "rod"~man trying their very best. Seriously Ajisafs, you are trying too hard. You could give urself high blood pressure (God forbid, though).

Look dude, i once carried out a pschoanalysis on you, n'ah mean, u really need to take a load off.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by gbadex1(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2006
Well, well, well . . . if it ain't man Ajisafs back at it again. With his ever faithful sidekick, Mr. Fletchy a.k.a Revving Rev a.k.a tha "rod"~man trying their very best. Seriously Ajisafs, you are trying too hard. You could give urself high blood pressure (God forbid, though).

Look dude, i once carried out a pschoanalysis on you, n'ah mean, u really need to take a load off.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by gbadex1(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2006

Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by IDINRETE: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2006
HOTEP (peace) Everybody
My Bone of contention is that there are no archaeological evidence to support or prove that-
(i) the Israelites were ever enslaved by the Egyptians
(ii) the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt
(iii) Moses received the Ten commandements at Mount Sinai

The ten commandments was copied from the Laws of Maat written by Amenohtep thousands of years before Moses.

some of the stories in the bible are just illusions written by some Jewish Rabbis to perpetuate the figments of their imaginations that only them are the CHOSEN PEOPLE OF GOD ("AWON ALAWADA BABA SALA"wink

It was stated that Rameses (the supposed Pharaoh in the bible) perished in the red sea. but how come User Maat Ra Sentep En Ra "Ramesus" (the Pharaoh) was preserved and mummified in the tombs of the kings in Egypt?

You can NEVER, EVER, in the world or in any Museum in the world especially British Museum find any evidence of the Exodus stories proffered in the bible

ONE OF The earliest spiritual writtings that you will find are those laid down in Great Temples and Pyramids in Giza, Luxor in Egypt-- yet the plagiarized versions in the bible are the word of God!

Nobody has any hegemony on people's spiritual or religious lives, so some people should stop claiming that without their own way of worship or their own religion some other people will not be saved.

YOU CANNOT STEAL, COPY OTHER PEOPLES'S SPIRITUAL WRITTINGS AND THEN CLAIM IT AS YOURS.

for more info consult KEMETNU.COM, BRITTISH MUSEUM.CO.UK

Hotep
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2006
[b]Let’s prove the Bible is true and that we are nearing the end of the last generation before Christ returns.

1. The Jewish people would be scattered worldwide; yet Israel would become a nation again-ref Isa 66:8; Mic 5:3. Prophecy fulfilled. This happened exactly as predicted on May 14, 1948. That’s 1 out of 1.
Note: Israel was destroyed in approximately 721 B.C. and Judah about 135 years later. For the last 2500 years, approximately fourteen different peoples have possessed the land of Israel. Nevertheless, the Bible showed that the day would come when the nation of Israel would be reborn.
The rebirth of Israel was a key sign, indicating we had entered a time period called the latter days. It was the beginning of a countdown leading to the Tribulation and culminating with the Battle of Armageddon and the return of Jesus immediately after. Along with the fulfillment of this crucial event are over 360 prophecies that would all come together, so we might recognize that the Tribulation is very close at hand. Twenty nine of them are listed here.
Yet the Bible foretells that most people would not believe these things, despite the overwhelming evidence of the fulfillment of the signs from God’s Word and the incredible rebirth of Israel happening exactly as predicted. As people refused to believe the flood was coming in Noah’s time, so people today willingly choose to disregard the signs of the times.

2. Israel shall be brought forth in one day, at once-ref Isa 66:8. Prophecy fulfilled-May 14, 1948. That’s 2 out of 2.
Note: On Nov. 29, 1947, the General Assembly of the U.N. approved a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine. On the morning of May 14, 1948 (the last day of the British mandate), a meeting of the People’s Council took place in Israel to decide on the name of the state and to finalize the declaration. At exactly 4pm, the proclamation ceremony began at the Tel Aviv museum. The 979 Hebrew words of the Scroll of Independence were read. All stood, and the scroll was adopted. The notorious White Paper, issued by the British in 1930 restricting Jewish immigration, was declared null and void. Members of the People’s Council signed the proclamation. David Ben-Gurion rapped his gavel, declaring, “The State of Israel is established. This meeting is ended.” Israel was brought forth as a nation in one day, at once. It happened exactly as predicted. At midnight, the British soldiers and high commissioner would leave. President Truman was swift in announcing U.S. recognition of Israel. The following morning, on May 15, Israel was under armed attack by the Egyptians, Syrians, Lebanese, Jordanians, and Iraqis.

3. The rebirth of Israel would happen after many days. It would occur a long time in the future after the prophecy was made and at the time the bible calls the latter days-Ezek 38:8. Prophecy fulfilled-May 14, 1948. That’s 3 out of 3.
Note: It is estimated that this prophecy was made around 580 B.C. Approximately 2500 years later, in 1948, this prophecy was fulfilled.

4. Israel would be brought forth (or reborn) “out of the nations.”-Ezek 38:8. Prophecy fulfilled-May 14, 1948. That’s 4 out of 4.
Note: As previously stated, on Nov. 29, 1947, the General Assembly of the “United Nations” approved a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine. This prophecy was perfectly fulfilled. Consider, for centuries the land of Israel had been occupied by many nations. Israel was “brought forth out of the nations”—the children of Israel from many nations were returning to their ancient homeland.

5. Israel must regain the city of Jerusalem-Joel 2:32; Isa 28:14; Ezek 22:19. This happened just as predicted in 1967. That’s 5 out of 5.
Note: The Bible gives us two methods so we would know we are in the last generation. One is by Israel’s rebirth. The other, by a precise line of events that would all come together at one time. Israel was reborn on May 14th, 1948. The Bible indicates that from Israel’s rebirth a generation would not pass till all be fulfilled. A Jewish generation is figured from the age of 20 to 60 (1968). We are not setting any date, but it seems clear that we are living in that generation now.

6. The Christian church at the time of the end would be lukewarm, neither cold nor hot for Jesus. Prophecy fulfilled. That’s 6 out of 6.
Note: God will spew them out. Many church leaders and people that call themselves a Christian and are sure they are saved will not be going to heaven. The Bible tells us—you have acquired wealth, but your true condition is wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked and you don’t know it-Rev 3:14-22. This is today’s church. Most churches preach very little Scripture, but lots of worldly stories. Many sing a great deal, but put very little emphasis on repentance, obeying, serving, and fearing God, the fruits of the Spirit, Bible prophecy, water baptism by immersion, and studying your Bible faithfully every day. Many are only entertainment centers that teach what their members want to hear. People will not endure sound doctrine-2 Tim 4:3. They turn away from the truth-2 Tim 4:4. Many church members are so lukewarm or dead, they don’t even bring their Bibles with them to the house of God. Many ministers think this is the best church age ever, yet the Bible clearly shows it is the worst and most deceived.

7. The Bible gives us over 50 descriptions about the people at the time of the end. Here are some:
A.

Some would depart from the faith and go into devil worship-1 Tim 4:1. This is perfect. Reportedly in Great Britain alone, there are about 35,000 professing witches.
B. People would have no conscience-1 Tim 4:1,2.
C. People would mock about the last days and not believe-2 Pe 3:3; Jude 18.
D. People would become lovers of themselves-2 Tim 3:1,2. Remember the TV commercials—“I do it for me”?
E. People would be disobeying their parents-2 Tim 3:1,2.
F. People would be grateful for nothing-2 Tim 3:1,2.
G. Homosexuality would increase-Lk 17:28,30; ref Gen 19:5; Ro 1:24,26,27.
H. People would be without self-control in sex-2 Tim 3:1,2,6; Rev 9:21, Lk 17:28,30; Jude 7. Is this not the great sex generation?
I. People would be untrustworthy, friends would betray friends-2 Tim 3:1-3.
J.

People would love pleasures more than God-2 Tim 3:1,2,4. This is true. Shall we go on a picnic, watch football, or sleep. Church?—we can go another time. Our American motto “In God we trust” has become a joke. Remember, these were all predicted centuries ago as part of the signs that we are at the time of the end.
K. People would be taking drugs-Rev 9:21. The Greek word for sorceries, in Rev 9:21, means pharmaceuticals or drugs. God’s Word is 100% right on every one. That’s 7 out of 7. How could you have any doubts at this point?
Note: Fifty years ago, many people never locked their doors at night. People could leave their keys in their car. Merchants could leave their merchandise on the sidewalk without guards, and there was no profanity on television, radio, or in the movies. One of the biggest problems in public school was gum chewing. Those days are long gone.

8. There would be weapons that could destroy the world-Mk 13:20; Rev 6:8; Rev 9:18; Zech 14:8,12. This prophecy is true. That’s 8 out of 8.
Note: When in our history would anyone have ever thought this possible? It is estimated that the combined nuclear arsenals of the USA and Russia (as of the year 2000) could kill every living thing on earth 6 times over.

9. There would be an increase in earthquakes-Mt 24:2,3,7; Mk 13:8; Lk 21:11. This prophecy is correct. That’s 9 out of 9.
Note: One might think as the earth settled over a period of time that earthquakes would decrease like ripples in the water. Yet the Bible indicates the opposite is true. In this last generation, research from the U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center reveals that major earthquakes of a magnitude of 6.0 or higher have remained relatively constant during this century. However, the total number of earthquakes in recent years appear to be rising. For example, it was reported that in 1986, the total number of earthquakes was 12,718. In l990, it was 16,612. In 1994, it was 19,371. This will culminate during the Battle of Armageddon, AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS. At that time, there will be an earthquake that will shake the world. The cities of the nations will fall. Every island will flee away.

10. At the time of the end, there would be famines in various places. Food shortages would still exist in some places-Mt 24:3,4,7; ref Mk 13:8; Lk 21:11. This prophecy is accurate. That’s 10 out of 10.
Note: In this last generation, many are starving in the world. Poverty and crop failure, due to severe weather, drought, or insect infestation, are often a factor. Many people are born, live, and die on the streets, in alleyways, or railroad stations in some countries of the world. Multitudes live in mud houses with grass or palm branches for a roof or have no place to live at all. Billions have no electricity. In some nations, good drinking water is almost nonexistent. Senseless wars have left millions of people with no place to go. Refugee camps exist in many places where people live under conditions that are almost indescribable. They are hungry.
One such person was asked, as I recall, “What would it take for you to consider yourself rich?” His reply was, “I would consider myself rich, if I could have a roof over my head that did not leak, and if I could know what it is like to go to bed at night with a full stomach.”
It has been estimated that 60,000,000 people a year die from starvation around the world. This prophecy is accurate.

11. The Gospel must be published in all the world-Mk 13:10. This prophecy is exact. That’s 11 out of 11.
Note: In this last generation, to our knowledge, the Gospel is being published (or is about to be published) in the primary language of every nation of the world or “among all nations.” Yet when this prophecy was made, the possibility of such a thing would have seemed impossible. There was no printing press or any means to do such a thing. In addition to this, the Gospel should be available by short-wave radio to listeners anywhere in the world. We have just reached the point that seemed impossible—11 perfect predictions—yet with God nothing is impossible.

12. In the latter days when Israel was once again a nation, there would be a great military power to the extreme north of Israel in the land of Magog (which is modern-day Russia)-Ezek 38:2-4,8,15,16. Incredible. That’s 14 out of 14.
Note: How could the Bible have foretold such a thing? It told the location of this nation, facts about its military, and even the time period it would come to pass. As was already said in Lk 24:25-O FOOLS, AND SLOW OF HEART TO BELIEVE ALL THAT THE PROPHETS HAVE SPOKEN. Certainly, at this point, even the biggest skeptic in the world can see that the Bible is true, there is a God, and we are very near the time of the end.

Here are just a few more prophecies briefly given, out of the 365 that exist, regarding this latter day generation.

13. In the last days, people would be hoarding gold and silver. True. It began in the late 1970’s.

14. There would be a nation to the far east of Israel, to the end of the earth. This nation would have an army of 200 million. This is absolutely astounding. It is estimated by some that the population of the entire world at the time of Christ was only about 200,000,000. How then could the Bible have ever told the location of a nation and given such a figure as the size of its army nearly 2000 years ago? China has boasted that they could field an army of this exact figure.

15. The currency in Israel at the time of the end would be the shekel. The currency had been the Israeli pound until June 1980, when it was changed to the shekel. The Bible is flawless.

16. There would be an economic alliance of the nations of the Old Roman Empire. It would have a military capability. This is a perfect description of the European Economic Community (the EEC), which is in the process right now of adopting the one-currency system for many of their member nations. It is written, IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS (these nations, which is now) SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM-Dan 2:44.

About 29 prophecies in 16 sets have been given, all perfect and all written centuries ago. The chance of any person writing 29 perfect prophecies 2000 years into the future is not possible. The Bible is the Word of God, and we have just proved it. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Repent and get baptized by full immersion. Read and obey the Gospel. God loves you. He is not willing that any should perish. The Rapture is close. Most people are not ready and will not be taken. However, “YOU” cannot say you did not know. Know and understand, Mt 16:26-WHAT IS A MAN PROFITED, IF HE SHALL GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND LOSE HIS OWN SOUL? OR WHAT SHALL A MAN GIVE IN EXCHANGE FOR HIS SOUL?

4-WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? THE RAPTURE AND TRIBULATION

RAPTURE is a term used to describe the removal from the earth of all living people that have been born-again as evidenced by their fruits. Just prior to the Tribulation coming about, the Rapture will take place. The number that will be raptured will be far fewer than most people might think. The Bible unmistakably portrays the raptured saints in heaven before the throne of God, prior to the Antichrist coming forth and the Tribulation beginning. The Scripture tells us, in the twinkling of an eye, we shall be changed and be with Jesus in the air. 1 Cor 15:51,52-WE SHALL NOT ALL SLEEP, BUT WE SHALL ALL BE CHANGED, IN A MOMENT IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND; 1 Thes 4:16,17-AND THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST, THEN WE WHICH ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN SHALL BE CAUGHT UP TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS. We may be asleep, immediately we will be with Jesus. All the unbelievers, the lukewarm Christians, and those that did not obey the Gospel will be left to face the Tribulation. (For an in-depth study of the Rapture, click here.)

THE TRIBULATION is the worst time in history since man has been on the earth. Immediately following the Rapture, the man of sin (called the Antichrist) comes forth and assumes control of the EEC. He can be expected to be very charismatic and brilliant. He confirms a treaty with Israel and others, which begins the Tribulation.
It is a 7 year period, but the Lord may have shortened the first 3 1/2 years in some way-ref Mk 13:20; Ro 9:28. We [/b]
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by gbadex1(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2006
@ babyosisi:
Man! It's scarier than that mofo who sold his left nut on the black market! Lol, truth is,  these people view Christianity from their OWN perspective, and that's unfair considering the fact that all they do is pick Biblical verses out of context and add their own interpretations to it. Or worse yet, they go round and round with arguments (that negro, man Ajisafs can attest to that)

i guess we just gotta pray for 'em. And for ourselves to keep up in this Christian race and never slack.

Keep elevating
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 10, 2006
my brother the truth will always prevail.
The enemy fights tooth and nail cos he knows his time is up.
His agents are working hard too.

There has always been doubting Thomases but that doesn't change a thang.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by gbadex1(m): 1:11am On Nov 10, 2006
Word
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by olabowale(m): 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2006
@Babyosisi: The rapture concept, if it is true will make those who will be in it be one up on Jesus of the Bible! Wouldn't this be so? But if this concept is just a terrible falacy, then the great expection, the big bang effect will be a very cruel joke ending up whimppily. If any group from among the christians were to be given the special previlege of not tasting death, i will believe that it would have been the companions of Jesus! You and me will agree that their faith and belief in the ministry of jesus will be stronger than any later generations. If this rapture has not happened then, it may be that it will never happen.

Unfortunately, since the concept was developed, there must have been countless people who had hoped that it will happen in their time, but instead experience the unavoidable event which is death! My sister, do not get caught up in this more than you have already. This is a wake up call to you. You are a smart woman, i hope you will not be shocked when reality sets in. At the point of death it will be too late for repentance.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Aggressa(m): 6:20pm On Nov 16, 2006
@All, grin grin grin
If there is a high school science or english teacher on board and he or she is looking for a perfect example of 'tunnel-reasoning' or 'closed reasoning', herein lies your opportunity to make your students A-grade materials.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 17, 2006
So olabowole,since the rapture has not taken place yet ,it's not gonna happen?
Is that your most intelligent argument?
Come again!!
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by olabowale(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2006
@Babyosisi: Yes. That's my final answer. Allah says in the Qur'an; Every soul shall taste death. Have you seen anyone who has never died? Even you claim that the Bible Jesus died. Even as you claim,it is for a short period of time. Bad calculation, from Friday almost sundown to Sunday immediately after sunrise is not three days! I am also Semitic. So are the Igbos. So are all the decendants of Ibrahiim (AS).

So when I say I want to tell you a story, your choral response is to be ;Tell me story o. Thank God, in my youth I experienced life. I was not a saint, but did not go over board. Babyosisi, you should think about this alternative scenario. You can love Jesus, if at all your love is true, as much as Peter, mark, and many of his core companions. Was anyone of them carried away in rapture? The answer is no. They died and beried. End of story.

Fela in his days, when performing, especially in Europe, some may shout that he was the best Musician that they ever saw. He would respond; That's what you said. Really, Fela was telling them that this statement was just from their own mouth. he can 'ttell the sincerity of it all. You see, fact that you say that you love Jesus is true in your heart. But do you love Jesus with the understanding of his true nature. This is why, we in Islam, are very clear about our love for all the prophets, (AS), Jesus included. In Qur'an, Allah says do not differentiate between the Prophets.

Babyosisi, do not abuse me by getting very harsh in your writing. This is my disclaimer to you. Leave the abuse to your male associates. They have no shame and lack cultural and moral respect to their elders.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Aggressa(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2006
grin grin@My Dear Sister,
Please persevere!!! Maybe using the scriptures to explain the concept of calling and pending 'glorification' of the saints can help here.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2006
Olabowole read these scriptures and see the hope that we speak of,it may not be in my time,but it will surely happen.

1Th 4:13 Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope.

1Th 4:14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

1Th 4:15 According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1Th 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

1Th 4:18 Therefore encourage each other with these words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere / Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye / RCCG Launches Clean The Waste by RCCG Sanitation Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.