Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus (57173 Views)

Lady Diagnosed With Cancer At 23 And Had Her Eggs Frozen, Shares Her Story. PICS / Sexually Active Nigerians Should Take HPV Vaccine- Expert Warns / Facts About The HPV VIRUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by halmeyd(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
istayfresh:
i think i have the same thing,please i need some advice cause the stuff is growing on the side of my laps.near my testes.it itches me and the itching is sweetnin when i scratch it,please is there any cure to wipe them off,they look like small pimples in a uniform pattern.
it itches me daily,but when i scratch it,it becomes sweet to scratch,is this also a hsp virus or something else.

please i need help because i feel embarassed when im naked,it itches me on both sides of my lap,what cream can i use to wipe them off,please doctors in the aous.
i will attach pictures of it later.

please i do not want any insults and ish,i just need advice and possibly a cure to it.
it itches in hot weather,or after i just have a bath,

it's high time u changed ur username koz u re nt staying fresh anymore lol

17 Likes

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
Highest Possible Venereal disease Virus. Period.

That's a school of thought anyway.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by AlphaCentauri: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
oshorstan:
That's the perfect way of receiving your punishment. i hope warts hasnt come out, Most girls out there have these disease & more, especially hepatitis. guys beware..I advise you visit a consultant of medical microbiology
yeah yanshing deez dayz is riskier than walking in front of traffic on third mainland bridge.

13 Likes

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
Is sex really worth it?
Mtcheeeeew!

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by zonggrace(f): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
Follow me on Instagram @gracejameszong and I will follow back
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by mousco(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
Who infected u? grin grin grin
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Lexusgs430: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
obowunmi:
HELLO,

Someone just infected me with the HPV virus.

Booty call is not really free after all.

Doctors in their house, what does this mean for me as a man?

cry cry cry cry cry cry

Run to your nearest GUM clinic for test and treatment.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by AlphaCentauri: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
josite:

hpv is a flu,just like the sore that breaks out on the lips when u have cold,the only difference is this one breaks out on your gentials.and it breaks out on your genital because the virus is located down your spine and if the virus travels away from your spine,the sores appear on your lips.millions of nigerians and in fact have it.it is not life threathening and it does not affect your potency.like someone just said,the sores will dry off but usually reappears when you are streseed or your immunity is low.all the male kings of England including prince Charles has it.in fact if u dont have it,u cant earn your name,OBOWUNMI.you dont even need any drug to heal it.just eat well balanced means, maintain exceptionally high hygiene and go for hi grade pussies.
you forgot to mention that together with helicobacter pylori these are the major causes of cancers by micro-organisms

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
obowunmi:
HELLO,

cry cry cry cry cry cry

The OBO that wunmi, would lead to your downfall if care is not taken.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Remii(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
FCTumunze:
is ... STD Facts - Human papillomavirus (HPV)

Drugs can Cure it , ....
no drug for virus, you can only remove the warts, they grow back even worse in some case.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by ekpesa(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello ooo, what is this HPV thing? Seems i am the only one not understanding it, abi this three bottles of 33 don make me forget the meaning.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by abbeyty(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
there is no solution just go and write your will
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Mike008(m): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
First negative comments and a hell lot of herd mentalists follow suit with discouraging comments.
Someone has a problem and the least you guys can do is mock and utter heartbreaking words when he's asking for help. I see most of you can't help, but stigmatizing with your comments is really low-down.
Yet the fact is, majority of those castigating are guilty of sex, the very act you seem to condemn.
And may be carriers of one or more diseases without noticing.
I expected saner comments.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
kayo80:
Hmm! What the hell does HPV Virus mean?

Yea, I know someone will come and say 'Google is your friend.' But I am asking not for myself, but for the hundreds of thousands that would come here not knowing the meaning, and leave, still not knowing the meaning.

What is HPV?
HPV is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI). HPV is a different virus than HIV and HSV (herpes). HPV is so common that nearly all sexually active men and women get it at some point in their lives. There are many different types of HPV. Some types can cause health problems including genital warts and cancers. But there are vaccines that can stop these health problems from happening.
How is HPV spread?
You can get HPV by having vaginal, anal, or MouthAction with someone who has the virus. It is most commonly spread during vaginal or anal sex. HPV can be passed even when an infected person has no signs or symptoms.
Anyone who is sexually active can get HPV, even if you have had sex with only one person. You also can develop symptoms years after you have sex with someone who is infected making it hard to know when you first became infected.
Does HPV cause health problems?
In most cases, HPV goes away on its own and does not cause any health problems. But when HPV does not go away, it can cause health problems like genital warts and cancer.
Genital warts usually appear as a small bump or group of bumps in the genital area. They can be small or large, raised or flat, or shaped like a cauliflower. A healthcare provider can usually diagnose warts by looking at the genital area.
Does HPV cause cancer?
HPV can cause cervical and other cancers cancers including cancer of the vulva, vagina, penis, or anus. It can also cause cancer in the back of the throat, including the base of the tongue and tonsils (called oropharyngeal cancer).
Cancer often takes years, even decades, to develop after a person gets HPV. The types of HPV that can cause genital warts are not the same as the types of HPV that can cause cancers.
There is no way to know which people who have HPV will develop cancer or other health problems. People with weak immune systems (including individuals with HIV/AIDS) may be less able to fight off HPV and more likely to develop health problems from it.
How can I avoid HPV and the health problems it can cause?
You can do several things to lower your chances of getting HPV.
Get vaccinated. HPV vaccines are safe and effective. They can protect males and females against diseases (including cancers) caused by HPV when given in the recommended age groups (see “Who should get vaccinated?” below). HPV vaccines are given in three shots over six months; it is important to get all three doses.
Get screened for cervical cancer. Routine screening for women aged 21 to 65 years old can prevent cervical cancer.
If you are sexually active
Use latex condoms the right way every time you have sex. This can lower your chances of getting HPV. But HPV can infect areas that are not covered by a condom - so condoms may not give full protection against getting HPV;
Be in a mutually monogamous relationship – or have sex only with someone who only has sex with you.
Who should get vaccinated?
All boys and girls ages 11 or 12 years should get vaccinated.
Catch-up vaccines are recommended for males through age 21 and for females through age 26, if they did not get vaccinated when they were younger.
The vaccine is also recommended for gay and bisexual men (or any man who has sex with a man) through age 26. It is also recommended for men and women with compromised immune systems (including people living with HIV/AIDS) through age 26, if they did not get fully vaccinated when they were younger.
How do I know if I have HPV?
There is no test to find out a person’s “HPV status.” Also, there is no approved HPV test to find HPV in the mouth or throat.
There are HPV tests that can be used to screen for cervical cancer. These tests are recommended for screening only in women aged 30 years and older. They are not recommended to screen men, adolescents, or women under the age of 30 years.
Most people with HPV do not know they are infected and never develop symptoms or health problems from it. Some people find out they have HPV when they get genital warts. Women may find out they have HPV when they get an abnormal Pap test result (during cervical cancer screening). Others may only find out once they’ve developed more serious problems from HPV, such as cancers.
How common is HPV and the health problems caused by HPV?
HPV (the virus): About 79 million Americans are currently infected with HPV. About 14 million people become newly infected each year. HPV is so common that most sexually-active men and women will get at least one type of HPV at some point in their lives.
Health problems related to HPV include genital warts and cervical cancer.
Genital warts: Before HPV vaccines were introduced, roughly 340,000 to 360,000 women and men were affected by genital warts caused by HPV every year.* Also, about one in 100 sexually active adults in the U.S. have genital warts at any given time.
Cervical cancer: More than 11,000 women in the United States get cervical cancer each year.
There are other conditions and cancers caused by HPV that occur in persons living in the United States. Every year approximately 17,600 women and 9,300 men are affected by cancers caused by HPV.
*As these figures only look at the number of people who sought care for genital warts, this could be an underestimate of the actual number of people who get genital warts.
I'm pregnant. Will having HPV affect my pregnancy?
If you are pregnant and have HPV, you can get genital warts or develop abnormal cell changes on your cervix. Abnormal cell changes can be found with routine cervical cancer screening. You should get routine cervical cancer screening even when you are pregnant.
Can I be treated for HPV or health problems caused by HPV?
There is no treatment for the virus itself. However, there are treatments for the health problems that HPV can cause:
1. Genital warts can be treated by you or your physician. If left untreated, genital warts may go away, stay the same, or grow in size or number.
2. Cervical precancer can be treated. Women who get routine Pap tests and follow up as needed can identify problems
before cancer develops. Prevention is always better than treatment. For more information visit www.cancer.org .
3. Other HPV-related cancers are also more treatable when diagnosed and treated early.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Osasnidas(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
josite:

hpv is a flu,just like the sore that breaks out on the lips when u have cold,the only difference is this one breaks out on your gentials.and it breaks out on your genital because the virus is located down your spine and if the virus travels away from your spine,the sores appear on your lips.millions of nigerians and in fact have it.it is not life threathening and it does not affect your potency.like someone just said,the sores will dry off but usually reappears when you are streseed or your immunity is low.all the male kings of England including prince Charles has it.in fact if u dont have it,u cant earn your name,OBOWUNMI.you dont even need any drug to heal it.just eat well balanced means, maintain exceptionally high hygiene and go for hi grade pussies.
a flu is a virus DAT is airborne and spread through cough and sneezes, the most common HPVs are sexually transmitted, viruses are generally parasitic in human host, there is no established information of a viral flora in the human body.. And you say its not life threatening you can tell that to those women who have suffered from cervical cancer and has died has a result.. Get ur facts right though
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
chai see as d egbon dey shake asif nk be man cheesy
wen u dey scatter her kpekus nobory follow hear am oooo
get well soon sha
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by phanshark(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
obowunmi:
HELLO,
cry cry cry cry cry cry
what's the sign you HV notice?
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by josite: 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
mordtonia:
Is sex really worth it?
Mtcheeeeew!
please dont go there.even if 100million men get hpv&hiv combined,sex is forever worth it.so u dont know if not for sex,you will be seeing new set of fresh mad men every morning and hearing news of murder by iraational sex starved women every morning.all you have to do is execrise discretion.run away from high risk sex partners who proudly annouce to you that they hate condoms.sex is even the only thing aftr food that boosts your immunity.so stay friendly with sex.lol.
above all GOD CREATED SEX and all he created is forever good.sex makes u shine,glow

3 Likes

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by shumuel(m): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
obowunmi:
HELLO,
cry cry cry cry cry cry

kikiki Lol grin anything to Make FP, and it worked angry , Op Congratz cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by shumuel(m): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
obowunmi:
HELLO,
cry cry cry cry cry cry

kikiki Lol grin anything to Make FP, and it worked angry , Op Congratz cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by aflovic: 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
Check this site for more information on HPV http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Slymonster(m): 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
condom can't protect hpv...a lil of it cn pill down the shaft so guyman depends on your immune system it cn go away or you get Braggs apple cider vinegar nd apply it there if it's genital wart(get a cotton wool and a soak it on the bragg Apple cider vinegar with the mother and cover it with plaster over night)...it will go off but oboi the thing dey hot o,you got bear am...no need to worry.They sell it at medplus in shoprite

4 Likes

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by viexcey(f): 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
obowunmi:
HELLO,

cry cry cry cry cry cry

Embrace lime juice... take a shot-glass thrice daily with water especially in an empty stomach. Stay away from any sexually activities. If you can't control yourself, get a wife for yourself and be faithful.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by VisibleDreamz: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
obowunmi:
HELLO,

cry cry cry cry cry cry

It's called Human Papillomavirus
It causes warts, including genital warts.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by imperiouxx(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
obowunmi:
HELLO,

cry cry cry cry cry cry

You will be fine. It has no cure for now but there is vaccination before exposure.

It's not so severe in male but some strains of it are carcinogenic mostly in females.

Get appropriate atopic creams if you have genital warts and if not, remain positive carrier of hpv, after all it's one of the common stds in the US.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by jennifer10066(f): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
Bryan12:
wailers undecided
One of the supporter and carrier of the disease.

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by jennifer10066(f): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
Bryan12:
wailers undecided
One of the supporter and carrier of the disease!
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Philinho(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
You thank God that 'I' did not take the place of 'P'
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Fredry(m): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
Just negodu
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Charmarlegne: 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
kaen1317:
In this day and age u still have not heard of condom Maximum pleasure has now given u maximum hpv wateva that is I know for certain its nothing good
condom cannot protect against HPV because you can also get it through kissing and other non penetrative contact. @ Op nothing do you. Your immune system will counter it. Be ready for occasional inconveniences though.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nigga, go see a doctor.
Or try a traditional healer. No biggie!
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus by imperiouxx(m): 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
Charmarlegne:
condom cannot protect against HPV because you can also get it through kissing and other non penetrative contact. @ Op nothing do you. Your immune system will counter it. Be ready for occasional inconveniences though.

In fact he would be fine without any occurrence. It's very common in US where obowunmi is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. / What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? / Is This Pregnancy For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.