Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,736 members, 7,831,342 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (676064 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 2:13am On Oct 09, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
PLEASE SIR/MA

I'M PLANNING ON STUDYING IN US....BUT THE PERSON SPONSORING ME IS MY AUNT AND SHE STAYS IN US.......HOPE THIS WONT BE A PROBLEM........

SECONDLY......PLEASE HOW DO I PROVE TO THE CONSULTANT THAT I WILL COME HOME AFTER STUDYING....

PLEASE,IT MIGHT FIRST TIME....NEED YOU ALL HELP TO MAKE IT SUCCESSFUL

Do yourself a favor and read previous threads...all your questions have asked and answered. @bolded..the answer is tied to your second question.
Btw, lot of people go to the embassy with foreign account statements and still get visas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:10am On Oct 09, 2016
ferdinad:
To the gurus in the house. Am humbly loyal. ItsIt's my first time here.
have been following the trend for days now.
Am expecting admission decision from University of Bridgeport and murray State University.
I need help as i posted in my finicaial statement that my Dad is a business man cuz he has a business registered but also a special assistant to state government.
On filling my Ds-160 what do i state as my sponsors occupation to avoid any red flag .
Thank you

Just tell the truth and state exactly what he does....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kidman96(m): 3:55am On Oct 09, 2016
justwise:

Here is the part 10 as requested.

A big thank you to dedicated members here for making out time to answer questions on daily basis, the success of this thread is all down to you.

Part 9 is here for reference purposes: https://www.nairaland.com/3103711/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

You can also ask VO question in this thread started to help students https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

Good luck!

hi good morning. please i need your help. a friend of mine is trying to pay my visa fee online from the u.s. is it possible and how does she go about it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cosxzbay: 4:51am On Oct 09, 2016
kellykings84:
Concerning law in America. If d person is already a lawyer, u don't have to attend law school a over again. U evaluate ur transcripts nd go in for an LLM. After d 1yr masters, u re eligible t write d bar exams and start practice.
Graduate school is 2 years in America....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 09, 2016
kidman96:

hi good morning. please i need your help. a friend of mine is trying to pay my visa fee online from the u.s. is it possible and how does she go about it?
I dont think this is possible. You need gtb receipt to book appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiznonso: 5:52am On Oct 09, 2016
cosxzbay:

Can't you round up the 30 credit hours in 1 year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by midps007(m): 7:43am On Oct 09, 2016
happyday:

In theory, schools will tell you non-native speakers or students from ESL countries must write TOEFL. That's the default. However, if you can prove to them during your application that you've got a good grasp of English language, in the areas of Reading (GRE verbal can cover you for this), Writing (in your email interactions with faculty members), Speaking (during a Skype interview) and Listening (see Speaking), then there's caveat they can use to bail you out. Thanks for your input but I learnt some schools in US dont demand for toefl, I think need these schools cos I need to save cost not that I cant scale through the exam

If you'd like them to waive TOEFL for you, and they feel you're up to par in most those areas I mentioned, they would oblige because, "you've completed a post-secondary education from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction."

But, to be on the safer side, especially for Teaching Assistantship slots, you might need to write it.

So, feel free to apply. If your profile is good all round, they most likely won't deny you cos of TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ThreadsAdeleke: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2016
OluDare01:
Congrats bro ThreadsAdeleke
E don tay o

abi Boss me

nah you forget me now, your whatsapp number no dey work again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adesbaba: 8:19am On Oct 09, 2016
Hello frnds...can i get MSC admission with funding with my bsc accountin 2:2 and good gre score funding...am a newbie here...tanx all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akaymotus: 9:14am On Oct 09, 2016
femi321:
taking a Greyhound depends on your pocket, as for me I took Greyhound from JFK after a 29hrs flight, slept in newyork overnight then took Greyhound to Charlotte in NC about 17hrs...you will get a train from Jfk to 42nd street where the Greyhound bus station is.

Step 1: take the Airtrain from jfk terminal to Jamaica Station. Please listen for the anouncement "Station D: Jamaica Station."

Step 2: at Jamaica Station, purchase a $7 MetroCard from the MetroCard Vending Machine, and exit the Airtrain system into Jamaica Station. Five dollars will be deducted from the MetroCard, when exiting the Airtrain system. The remaining $2 will use for the subway.

Step 3: follow the direction signs to the New sub way. Upon entering the subway, take the Manhattan-bound (westbound) "E" express train (Blue Line on the map) from Sutphin Blvd-JFK/Jamaica Station to 42nd Street-Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Step 4: at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, exit the subway into the bus terminal. The Greyhound ticket counter, is right next door to the subway entrance.

I hope this information is very helpful. its easy, just ask questions.

Thank you Femi321 for this great info. God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akaymotus: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If it was summer then sure ...u just be tired but it is manageable but now its getting cold. I dont know sha.... except u go full prepared. Socks , winter padding and comfortable shoes

Yes its ok to enter 29 if i20 start date is jan 3rd. ...

Thanks Ma'am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2016
adesbaba:
Hello frnds...can i get MSC admission with funding with my bsc accountin 2:2 and good gre score funding...am a newbie here...tanx all

You gonna need GRE and TOEFL with very good score in them before that. Just read previous pages of the thread you'd be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 9:31am On Oct 09, 2016
Walspring:

What is the name of your secondary school
Hahaha...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2016
midps007:
I need answers urgently pls

Bsc or Msc?
Did you read through the previous pages?
Have you done any research on your own before coming here?
Sincere answer needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by midps007(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2016
sobastical:

Bsc or Msc?
Did you read through the previous pages?
Have you done any research on your own before coming here?
Sincere answer needed

I want to go for Msc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
akaymotus:

Thank you Femi321 for this great info. God bless you real good.
Amen. enjoy your trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chiznonso:

Can't you round up the 30 credit hours in 1 year
No you cant. most school max credit per semester is 12credits and there are mostly 2 semesters in a year. do the maths
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
neurosci:

Thanks so much!
Let's thank God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiznonso: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
femi321:
No you cant. most school max credit per semester is 12credits and there are mostly 2 semesters in a year. do the maths
How about Summer? Whats the total credit hours needed before graduation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
midps007:

I want to go for Msc

Then go through the thread madam

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Chai, been a while here. So sorry I have not been coming back here to help people out one way or the other. Time factor here is something else even when i have free wifi 24/7. Too many assignments and presentations weekly, not easy. For those coming in spring, wish you success as you prepare and the fall2017 cliques, wish you the best too. we go dey wait una. God bless you all as you prepare.

Also, for those who are very familiar with nursing programs in the US, abeg, is it possible to just come study "Registered Nursing program" only? Like i own a Bsc degree and i want take just teh RN program in the US in a university, is it possible? If yes, please kindly provide information on some schools that offer the program and likely funding that comes along with it. Thank you.

cc: biikeys, lagosismyhome, imperiouxx, misnas, walspring, oludare01
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by midps007(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
sobastical:

Then go through the thread madam
Thank you sir. The pages are much, if u know any kindly drop it sir. Once again I appreciate ur input
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
PLEASE ANY BODY HERE ASPIRING for EAST WEST UNIVERSITY CHICAGO....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
www.gradschool.org www.usnews.com and google.com

midps007:
Thank you sir. The pages are much, if u know any kindly drop it sir. Once again I appreciate ur input
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by realone2012: 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello Narialanders! Can someone please help me with links on scholarships available in the US for MSc. Even if you don't have the links, you can help by listing the schools you know that offer Scholarships.
In case they have talked about it here, you can help by sharing the link with me. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
cosxzbay:

LL.M. is one

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ferdinad: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Just tell the truth and state exactly what he does....

Thank you. Very much.
This is an aweaome place to be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ferdinad: 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
ferdinad:

Thank you. Very much.
This is an awesome place to be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:36am On Oct 10, 2016
Femi321, I hope hurricane Matthew no reach your side
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:38am On Oct 10, 2016
OluDare01:
Femi321, I hope hurricane Matthew no reach your side
no o...its just florida and part of South Carolina and geogia.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ferdinad: 2:39am On Oct 10, 2016
Hello,
I sent my documents using Nipost registered mail and after tracking it keep saying Item inserted in Bag and its been like that for 8 days now.
What do i do. Is there a way i can track it in the US to know it it has reached it's destination.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.